Chapter 46: Chosen

S.M. Spies

Minho and Yuki entered the Simulation Room, the door shutting firmly behind them.  Minho's lie from earlier in the day was still bothering Yuki, but she put the thought out of her mind.  She was sure he had his reasons, and she needed to stay focused.

"Simulation, go," the robotic voice of Argais said.

"Ready, Keroro?" Yuki asked.

"Ready," Minho affirmed, nodding.  The walls of the Sim. Room began changing and soon, the pair were standing in the middle of an abandoned street.  Three unmoving figures stood quite a distance away from them.  

The pair tensed, ready to move.  "GO!" Minho shouted.  The boy began sprinting forward at his top velocity.  Yuki waited for five seconds before beginning her sprint forward as well.  When Minho was only a few meters away from his target, he skidded to a stop and turned to the side, getting down on one knee and intertwining his fingers so as to make a small platform.  The very second that Minho brought his hands together, Yuki appeared, placing her foot on Minho's hand-made platform.  Without a second's hesitation, the boy propelled her upwards, sending her soaring through the air.  Yuki performed a clean somersault as she rose into the air.  When she reached her peak, she pulled out a small, blue round object from her pocket:  a sonic bomb.  Keeping her concentration total, Yuki threw it towards the ground, aiming for the ground in front of the target's feet.  The small bomb landed perfectly, directly in front of the target, and planted itself there.  Minho, who had taken the amount of time it took for Yuki to throw the bomb to recuperate, acted immediately.  He pulled out a small dagger and flung it directly towards the bomb on the floor, hitting it dead center.  A loud, high-pitched noise erupted from the bomb as it exploded, but Yuki and Minho ignored the sound.  The target flew backwards from the force of the bomb, but no harm had come to it.  Sonic bombs weren't meant to blow people to bits.  They were meant to throw people backwards and completely disorient them, leaving them unable to fight.  Yuki was already falling back towards the earth.  Minho kept his eyes planted on her, watching.  Come on, Ice Princess, he thought, you can do it.  I know you can.  With the grace of an eagle, the girl pulled out two, wickedly sharp throwing knives and flung them to the sides, nailing to other immobile targets cleanly.  I can do this, the girl thought to herself as she eyed the target that was sprawled on the floor.  Taking a deep breath, the girl kept her mind focused as she fell.  Finally, the girl managed to land on one knee right next to the target and drive her fist into its chest. 

"YES!" Minho shouted, "IT WORKED!"  Without waiting another second, the boy ran towards his girlfriend and picked her up, spinning her around.  "You did it Ice Princess!  That was phenomenal!"  Yuki pumped her fist in the air once Minho set her down again.

"SUCCESS!" she shouted, "Argais, did you get that on tape?"

"Yes, Agent Bul," the robotic voice responded.

"Sweet!" the girl cheered, "Keroro, that was fantastic!  We finally got it down!"

"Yeah!" Minho agreed, "now we just need to practice with attacking targets!  This move is perfect for getting captives!  I am such a genius."

Yuki rolled her eyes.  "You mean WE."

"Weellllll, I was the one that initially proposed it. . ."

"And I was the one that helped complete it."

"The beginning idea-"

"Isn't important until you can create the final product."

"YAH!" the pair shouted at each other, glaring.  After a few seconds, they started laughing.

"We'll call it a group effort," Minho said, grinning foolishly as Yuki rolled her eyes.

"Which is exactly what I said like. . . 30 seconds ago," she retorted.  Minho poked Yuki's forehead playfully, causing the girl to scrunch her nose.

The pair's playful banter was interrupted when Jinki opened the door to the Simulation Room and came striding in.

He didn't look happy.

"You two," he said, his voice strained, "follow me.  Quickly."  Minho and Yuki exchanged glances, but quickly followed Jinki out of the Simulation Room.

"Jinki?" Yuki asked uncertainly as the trio walked quickly down the halls of S.M., "what's wrong?"

The boy said nothing and continued walking, his mouth set in a grim line.  The girl her dragon pendant nervously, not knowing what to expect.  She looked down when she felt pressure on her hand, shifting her gaze upwards to see Minho's reassuring smile as he squeezed her hand.  "Don't worry," he mouthed, "whatever it is, we'll be fine."

Yuki nodded and returned the pressure to Minho's hand.  She clenched her worries between her teeth and wiped her face clean of emotion as Jinki led the pair towards their destination.

"The Briefing Room?" Minho questioned when the three spies stopped in front of a familiar metal door.

Jinki nodded stiffly, placing his hand on the hand print scanner.

"That means we've been assigned to another mission," Yuki said, "I wonder what it is. . ."

Jinki's formed stiffened noticeably, but he quickly stepped inside the room once the two metal doors slid apart.  Minho and Yuki's gazes swept from one corner of the room to the next, taking in the sight.  Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun were all sitting around the conference table.  All three of them were wearing the same fearful and worried expressions.

"What happened," Minho asked flatly.

"Take a seat.  Both of you," Soo Man said gravely.  Yuki and Minho eyed each other nervously and sat down at the conference table, waiting.

"Soo Man-ssi, please," Key suddenly begged, "please just reconsider your decision-"

"Enough, Agent Key," Soo Man snapped, "my decision's been made.  There's no changing it."

"THEY'RE TOO YOUNG TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!" Jonghyun exploded, slamming his fists down on the table and making Yuki and Minho jump, "IT'S SUICIDE!  Pick someone else!  Anybody else!  Someone who's had more experience!"  The boy choked at the end of his words and stopped speaking.  

"These two are our best bet," Soo Man said, "they're the best pair of spies we have.  If anyone stands a chance, it's them."

"I can't do this," Taemin finally said.  He stood up and tried to leave the Briefing Room, but Jinki stopped him.  

"Stop, Taemin," Jinki said, "you know we have to be here for them."

"I can't stay to see two of the people closest to me be given a death setence, hyung," Taemin said in a broken tone of voice, "I'm not strong enough for that."

"Guys. . ." Yuki said, a sense of foreboding creeping up on her, "please. . . what's going on here?  What death sentence?"

Soo Man took a deep breath.  "Agent Bul.  Agent Choi.  Park Kota.  Choi Joon.  Bul Yuki.  Choi Minho.  Individually, you surpassed all of the trainees at S.M. when you first started here.  In my mind, having you become partners was the best decision I could have made.  As partners, your skill is unmatched.  In the period of time from which I've been observing you, I can say with the utmost confidence that you two have managed to surpass even my oldest spies in terms of skill level and ability.  Together, you have the highest mission success rate than any other field spy in S.M."

Minho and Yuki stared at Soo Man wordlessly, unable to comprehend why he was complimenting them so much all of a suddenly.  "Does this. . ." Minho asked uncertainly, "have something to do with me and Ice Princess being together. . .?"

Yuki's eyes widened at the possibility.  Were they sitting here to recieve an ultimatum?  Break up or leave S.M.?  But they couldn't leave S.M.  Not without being marked as rogue spies and hunted down to be eliminated.

Death sentence. . .

Did Taemin mean that Soo Man was going to. . . to kill them if they didn't comply?

But Soo Man would never. . .

"Okay," Yuki said after taking a breath to calm herself, "I feel like Keroro's thoughts and my own are going down a bad direction right now.  Someone please explain what the hell is going on."

"Okay," Soo Man said, "for starters, it doesn't really have anything to do with your relationship.  I have a new mission for you two."

"Yeah," Taemin muttered scathingly, "a suicide mission. . ."

"Quiet, Taemin," Jinki said, hushing his teammate, "you know I don't like it either but-"

"All of you hold your tongues," Soo Man hissed, "am the head of S.M. and it is up to me to decide who goes where.  When all of you entered this agency, it was made explicitly clear that you were willing to put your lives on the line.  One of the promises you made was that you would never get too attached to your comrades.  Even though none of you actually stuck to that, I expect you to now."

Jinki, Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin all glared at the floor, resenting Soo Man's logic.  They couldn't fight him and they knew it.

"Now," Soo Man said, turning once again to an utterly confused Minho and Yuki, "listen to me, you two.  You've become my trump card.  The Dynamic Duo of S.M.  Today, this trump card needs to be put in play."

Minho and Yuki nodded, straightening as they mentally noted the serious tone in Soo Man's voice.  "To put it frankly," Soo Man said, "the war with North Korea is not going well.  Both sides have reached a stale mate and there's no getting around it.  At the rate we're going, North Korea will have the advantage and break the stale mate first.  And if that happens. . . South Korea won't stand a chance."

Minho's complexion paled a little bit.  He knew what was coming.  He just didn't know how to go about it.  It's time. . . he thought, swallowing his saliva.

Yuki noticed Minho's mannerisms from the corner of her eye.  First the phone calls, now this. . . What is he hiding from me?

"Agents Bul and Choi," Soo Man said, standing up and placing his palms on the conference table, "you two have been selected for an espionage mission.

To North Korea."


DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN~  Our Dynamic Duo is being sent to North Korea?!  WHAAAAAAT?!  NOOOOOOOO!

Ah, but yes, my lovely flurries.  Bul Yuki and Choi Minho have been selected to take on their biggest challenge yet:  the infiltration of North Korea.

Will they accept?

Or would they agree that the mission is too dangerous and they fear losing the thing most important to them:  each other?

I suppose you'll have to continue reading to find out ;D

SO, WE HIT A LOVELY MILESTONE OVER THIS PAST WEEK.  71 SUBSCRIBERS!! HOLY JESUS!!!

SIX, I REPEAT, SIX NEW FLURRIES JOINED US THIS WEEK!  PHENOMENAL!!!  THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING!! <3333 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No new up-votes this week, but we're at 19!!!  Just one more to hit 20!! Wow!!  

EVERYONE PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE continue showing S.M. Spies the love that you've been giving it!!  As poorly written as this story is, I'm hoping that one day, it will miraculously become featured!  

I'm soo happy to see so many new subbies this week!! I was grinning in my seat like an idiot xD

PLEASE DO LEAVE COMMENTS!!!  I see the same faces every week!! (Thank you, by the way, if you comment regularly, because I remember all of you <3)  BUT I'M ALSO HOPING TO SEE SOME NEW FACES WITH SOME FEEDBACK!!  Don't be shy!  I'm not a bad person and I respond to every comment!!! ^_^

UP-VOTE IF YOU CAN!!!!  Seriously, up-votes are fantastic and I would be so grateful to see a few more come in!!!!

Okay, my dear flurries, that's just about it for this week!

Stay tuned to see what decision our Dynamic Duo decides to take!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!! <333333

~Yuki