Chapter 64: Finality

S.M. Spies

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHINEE'S LOVING, NAGGY UMMA, KIM KIBUM!!! :D

Dear Key,

Happy birthday!  Geez I feel like it came up so fast. . . not more than 2 updates ago we were celebrating Taemin's birthday and now it's yours!  This is the second birthday we've celebrated with you as S.M. Spies :P

Anyways, I hope you have an absolutely amazing day with your groupmates and friends and family!  I've always admired your hard-working and no-nonsense attitude.  Out of all of SHINee, I think we definitely have the LEAST in common, but that doesn't mean I like you any less!  You're still an amazing person with one hell of a fashion sense and a lot of talent.  I suppose they call you Almighty Key for a reason.  You've done so much for the community and taught your fans such amazing life lessons through your actions and words.  Please continue to inspire us everyday and thank you for being a part of the cast for S.M. Spies!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D


Yuki woke up to a cloudy sky.

How ironic.  The weather that once gave her so much peace and happiness now made her feel bleak and dull.  

Yuki sighed, running a hand through her hair.  She flinched as soon as she picked up her arm.  Her eyes flickered downward, tracing over the purple and blue marks along her arms and probably all over her back.  The girl ignored the pain and stared out the window.

Today was the day.  There was no going back now.

Yuki slowly got out of her bed, wincing at the pain in her muscles.  Quickly she hopped into the shower of her connected bathroom, allowing the hot water to let her relax slightly.  She sighed in relief when the pain lessened.  She had taken quite a beating the night before.  The Japanese terrorists had not taken to kindly to being handcuffed to a pole.  

Almost unvoluntarily, the girl's thoughts shifted to Minho for a split second.  I wonder if he got out okay. . .  Almost all of the gangsters were taken out by the time I killed Sandeul.  He should have been able to handle it fine.  Wait, why am I even thinking about this?  What do I care?  Shrugging off her thoughts, the girl turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, drying herself before going back into her room to look for suitable travel clothes to wear.  She was surprised when she found clothes already laid out for her on the bed.  She eyed the grey sweater dress and leggings apprehensively.  Then, a white slip of paper caught her eye.  She walked over to the clothes and picked up the folded sheet.  It was a note.

We decided to pick out clothes for you to wear.  It's cold up where you're going.

A sad smile crossed Yuki's lips as she touched the soft fabric of the dress.  It's not a bad idea, she thought, the less I look like myself, the easier it'll be for me to leave unrecognized.  The girl quickly put on the clothes.  She was surprised to find another package underneath the clothes.  Picking it up cautiously, Yuki opened it and shook its contents out onto the bed.

An ID, a passport, a driver's license, other important identification papers, and a plane ticket with it's destination set for Toronto, Canada, stared back at Yuki.  The girl glanced at the name on her identification papers.  She had told the man to give her any generic name.  She hadn't known that he would pick one from her grandmother's heritage.

Kimura Amaya.

Yuki's eyes lingered on the name for another second before she turned her attention to the picture.  After staring at it for a few seconds, she walked over to her closet and grabbed a black wig and sunglasses.  Standing in front of the mirror of her bathroom, Yuki fixed on her wig as best as possible, making sure her real hair was securely hidden.  The girl mentally flinched, remembering how much she and the SHINee boys used to fool around when they would have her go undercover for a mission.  Those times, she used to be hiding herself from enemies.  This time was no different.

Except that her supposed "enemies" were people that she once called family.

Yuki shook off her thoughts once more and looked at the identification pictures again, comparing them to how she looked in the mirror.  A perfect match.  "Excellent," Yuki muttered, rearranging all of the papers and putting them carefully back into the envelope.  Her ticket was set to leave from Incheon International Airport.  "Looks like I'll be leaving straight from home then," the girl said, sighing.  She removed her wig and sunglasses.  The boys weren't going to take her to the airport until a litle later, when it came close to her departure time.  Yuki had ample time to pack her remaining belongings, considering she didn't have that much with her, so she decided to go downstairs to greet the boys instead.

The atmosphere inside Block B's house was definitely heavy.  The boys chose to remain at home for the day.  They looked up when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You wore it," Minhyuk said, smiling slightly as he looked at Yuki's clothes. The girl nodded.

"Why wouldn't I?" she asked, "you guys took the time to pick it out for me."

The boys smiled half-heartedly.  "You barely look like yourself," Zico commented, "you're not really one for dresses."  

"Definitely not," the girl agreed, "it works both ways in that sense.  I don't think I'll be recognized."

The other boys agreed with her, nodding their heads in assent.  It felt like no one was going to address the elephant in the room.  Until. . .

"We have connections in other places," Taeil suddenly blurted, "we could leak a false trail to throw them off your scent.  You wouldn't have to leave."

"We've been over this, Hyung," the girl said, looking at her friend, "I have to go."

"Then let us go with you!" P.O. exclaimed, "don't be left alone!"

"Okay, now you're just being unreasonable," Yuki said disapprovingly, "first of all, you guys have your livelihood here.  Secondly, with Sandeul dead, there is only one gang in Ansan that's set to take control of things here.  You already had your meeting with the bosses, Zico.  It's official.  Block B is the head of Ansan's Underground.  You can't leave now, anyways."  The boy muttered something under his breath that Yuki didn't catch.  Sounded like "unreasonable."

"Guys," Yuki said softly, "I'll be okay.  I promise."

The boys frowned, unconvinced.  "We can argue about this all you want," Yuki continued, "but at the end of the day, I'm still going." Kyung sighed.

"It was worth a shot, wasn't it?" he asked, smiling dryly.  Without another word, he walked towards Yuki and wrapped his arms around her.  Yuki stiffened in shock, but her eyes widened when she felt something wet drip onto her neck.  

"Kyung. . ." she said as the boy started shaking. 

"D-Don't go, Yuki," he stuttered, "they're going to find you.  We c-can keep you safe.  We can p-protect you."  The girl looked at the other boys around the room.  Zico cleared his throat and looked to the side, not wanting Yuki to see his eyes.  The others looked down as well.  Suddenly, Taeil joined Yuki and Kyung's hug.  Then P.O.  Then Jaehyo.  Then Minhyuk.  Then Yukwon.  Finally Zico wrapped his arms around the entire group.

"I can't thank you guys enough for what you've done for me," Yuki said when they finally broke apart, "honestly, you guys are the best gangster friends a girl could ask for."  Zico shoved Yuki lightly, putting on his signature grin.

"Come on, now," he said jokingly, "you aren't going to get all cheesy on us now, are you?"

"Please," Yuki snorted, attempted to hide her sadness as she shoved her friend back, "in your dreams, Zico."  The girl looked at the clock.  Had that much time really passed already?  "I should. . . I should go finish packing," Yuki said. 

"Okay," Jaehyo said, "we'll help you!"  The corners of Yuki's mouth pulled up the slightest bit.

"Okay, then," she said.

Time seemed to be going at some kind of superhuman pace.  One second, Yuki was with the Block B boys, trying to pack as they continuously messed around, and the next, she was fitted in her clothes and disguise, her suitcase in the trunk of Block B's car, and headed towards Incheon International Airport.  There was a sense of unreality in the air.  She was leaving her home, her life. . . everything.  

The sound of thunder roared in the sky just as Block B pulled up to Yuki's airport terminal.  It had rained the night before, so the streets were still wet.  Even the smell of wet asphalt could not particularly distract the girl.  Her head whipped to the side when she saw the boys taking her stuff out and heading towards the inside of the airport.  "Oh no you don't!" Yuki said, running in front of them and stopping them.  The boys looked at her.  "Are you nuts?!" she asked, "this place is teeming with police officers!  You guys are some of the most wanted gangsters in South Korea!"

"Aww, don't make me blush," Zico said, smirking, "are we really that infamous?"

"YES!" Yuki exclaimed, "I am NOT letting you guys run this risk just to drop me off at security.  I'm pretty sure I know how to navigate an airport."

"We know," the boys chorused with sad smiles.  Once again, the seven of them enveloped the girl in a bone-crushing hug.

"You'll be okay?" Zico asked, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"I'll be okay," Yuki replied, "oh and Zico?"

"Yes?"

"That girl. . . don't let her slip through your fingers.  She's a keeper," Yuki said with a wink.  A small chuckled escaped her lips when she saw the tips of Zico's ears redden.

"Yeah," he said, his smile growing a bit wider, "I won't."  The girl nodded.

"Good.  Boys, remember.  No unecessary fighting, Jaehyo is not allowed to bring random women home-"

"YAH!"

"No smart-mouthing other powerful gangsters alone, Yukwon-"

"AWWW!"

"P.O., keep the gambling to a minimum, Kyung, no unecessary flaunting of wealth, Minhyuk, no explosives in the house-"

Taeil laughed as he watched the exasperated looks on his friends' faces.  He looked at Yuki when she called his name.  "Taeil Hyung?" she said.

"Hm?"

"Watch over them, please."

The boy's heart warmed.  He saluted her.  "Yes, ma'am."  Yuki nodded, grabbing her bags.  She turned to look at the boys.  She raised to fingers and brought them to her forehead, winking.

"It was fun, guys.  I'll do my absolute best to get into contact with you somehow once I land." 

The boys raised their hands half-heartedly.  Somehow. . . they knew that last part was a lie.  However, none of them said a word.  They simply watched as their friend turned her back and walked into the terminal.

While she was going through security, while she was getting her passport stamped, all Yuki could do was try her level best to keep her mind off things.  She was so close to letting everything go.  All she needed to do was stick it out for another few minutes.  Her hand seemed permanently glued to the pendant around her neck.   

"Attention passengers, Air Canada Flight 774 heading for Vancouver is now ready for departure.  Please make your way to the boarding station.  Thank you," a pleasant female voice said on the intercom.  Yuki pulled her ticket out of her carry-on and checked it.  That was her flight.  A one hour stop in Vancouver, and then her connecting flight to Toronto.  Nodding to herself, the girl put her ticket in the pocket of her dress and tried to ignore the heaviness in her heart.  She faintly heard someone arguing with security behind her and rolled her eyes.  She always came across argumentative people like that in airports.  She continued making her way towards her boarding lane, ignoring the bustling crowds around her.  All she needed to do was make a quick stop to drop off her suitcase and she would be set to board.

Then, a loud cry pierced the air.

"YUKI NOONA!!!!"

The girl stopped dead in her tracks at the sound of that familiar voice.  She wasn't supposed to turn around.  Her disguise was fool-proof.  As long as she didn't turn around and just kept walking. . .

The girl whirled around in surprise, throwing caution to the wind.  Yuki couldn't stop the name from escaping .

"TAEMIN?!" 

There, no more than 30 feet from her, Taemin was struggling with two security guards who were trying to restrain him.  The boy's head snapped up.  He recognized Yuki's voice immediately, tracking it to the dark haired girl in front of him.  "NOONA!" he shouted again, "PLEASE!"  He turned to the security guards.  "LET GO OF ME!" he shouted at them.  Yuki stood rooted to the spot, unable to move from shock.  Knowing he had a very limited amount of time, Taemin began speaking.  He choked over his words as tears left his eyes.  "Noona, Minho Hyung. . ."  Yuki felt her stomach clench at the way Taemin said Minho's name.  Something wasn't right.  She took two steps forward.

"What happened, Taemin?" she couldn't stop herself from asking.

"We got a call from his cell phone," Taemin explained as he continued resisting the security, "he sounded really b-badly hurt.  He said someone attacked him.  He's not sure how much longer he can hold out.  The line went dead right a-after that.  We tried to trace it, but his ph-phone went dead halfway through.  He's somewhere a little ways down the Han River, but we can't find him a-anywhere.  Noona. . . please. . .  We don't have t-time."  

Yuki stared at Taemin's tear-streaked face.  Time seemed to have come to a stop as the girl processed all the information thrown at her.  "SNAP OUT OF IT, NOONA!" Taemin shouted at her.  Managing to wrench his hand out of one of the guards' grip, the boy reaching into his pocket and flung something at Yuki.  The girl caught it solely out of reflex.  However, she still didn't move.

All nosie seemed to have completely stopped.  Thunder boomed outside once more and a strong wind blew through the terminal.  Yuki blinked slowly and opened her hand to look at the object Taemin had thrown at her.

It was a set of bike keys.

Her bike keys.

Yuki's carry-on and suitcase crashed to the floor.

The next second, the girl was sprinting towards the airport exit.


The next chapter is going to be quite something ;)

SOOO, see that awesome looking poster up there???  IT WAS ACTUALLY A SURPRISE FROM ONE OF MY FLURRIES truly_me!!!!!  I was really shocked when she made it but really happy too!! So thank you again, Truly!!! :D

Anyways, ONCE AGAIN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR FAVORITE UMMA, KIM KIBUM!  I wrote this chapter so fast it's not even funny xD  I make it a point to update on the members' brithdays :P

Now, without further ado, let's welcome our new flurry!!! :D :D  Thank you for subscribing!

tumblr_mkyrpdMPFQ1qihji8o1_250.gif

 

AND OF COURSE, PICTURE/GIF SPAM FOR THE ALMIGHTY KEY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

tumblr_lrxhg20hHS1qcl8qx.jpg  2rr3ojl.gif

tumblr_matkud9muM1rtvaqy.png  happy_birthday_shinee_key_by_eiroar-d2zd

tumblr_ljjae0cC8D1qdub9yo1_500.png  banner.png

tumblr_mara51jmfJ1qg3hn3o1_500_large.png

 

Happy Birthday, again, Key!!  We love you!! :D

See you next time, everyone!!!! :D  REMEMBER TO COMMENT, UP-VOTE, AND SUBSCRIBE, BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME~! :D

~Yuki