Chapter 13: Stuck Together

S.M. Spies

Yuki opened her eyes as a ray of sunlight fell on her face.  Sitting up, Yuki stretched and yawned.  Thankfully, she hadn't gotten sick from her little adventure the night before.  I wonder why it's so quiet right now. . . Yuki thought.

Usually, in the mornings, the boys would be out and about.  They would be running through the dorm like little kids trying to get the rest of the team to wake up.  Yuki took a few seconds to think about the life she had with the boys.  This was something she usually did in the morning.

Over the years, Kibum, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Jinki had become Yuki's family.  Sure, the five of them would fight and argue amongst themselves occassionally, but behind that. . . there was a bond among them strong enough to withstand even the most powerful force trying to break it apart.  At the end of the day, the five of them weren't just a team.  They were friends.  They were a family.  After the death of Yuki's parents, the girl had no one except Sihyun, Junghan, and Haru.  When she was told that she had to leave them, her heart had broken.  Then. . . she met four insane boys.  They had so easily become a part of her life that it was difficult for Yuki to remember a time when she was awkward with them.  A lot has changed since I was younger. . . Yuki thought.  

"Awake?" a voice asked.  Yuki looked up to find a pale Jonghyun leaning against her door frame, wrapped in a blanket.

"Jonghyun!  Why are you out of bed?" Yuki demanded, "I don't want you getting more sick!!"  She immediately got up and started pushing the boy to his room.  Jonghyun was ordered to remain at the dorm for the next couple of days in order to properly recuperate.  "If you don't get rest, how are you going to get better before returning to the line of duty?" Yuki asked.

"Arasso!  Arasso!  I just stopped by to tell you. . . haven't you noticed it's awfully quiet in the dorm?"  

Yuki stopped.  "Now that you mention it. . . I have.  Where is everyone?"  Jonghyun chuckled once.

"Yuki, what time is it?"

"What kind of a question is that Jonghyun?" Yuki asked, rolling her eyes.  She glanced at her watch.

3. . . 2. . . 1, Jonghyun thought, looking at his friend.

"HOLY I'M LATE!" Yuki yelled.

div6.png

Yuki catapulted herself off her motorcycle, nearly giving Agent V a heart attack.  Without thinking twice, Yuki threw her bike's keys at V, who caught it reflexively.  "Park my bike please!" Yuki yelled.  She had started running once her feet had hit the ground.  "Thanks V!  I owe you one bro!" she yelled.

V stared at the girl's sprinting figure in confusion.  "All righty then," the boy muttered, walking towards Yuki's idling bike.

Meanwhile, Yuki burst through the doors of S.M. after going through the regular security measures.  She saw the elevator doors close.  Cursing under her breath, Yuki made a straight sprint towards the staircase.  It was two floors to the training rooms.  Yuki figured that she'd check her schedule after she got up there.  I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead, Yuki thought to herself as she took the stairs at a run.  Yuki jumped the last two steps to the training floor, her sneakers skidding over the hard surface of the floor.  Quickly, Yuki tapped her watch, which had been blinking for the past hour and a half.  Her schedule popped up immediately.  "Are you ing kidding me?!" Yuki exclaimed when she saw her schedule.

Name:  Bul Yuki

Schedule:  

8:00 a.m.:  Report to Main Cabin.

"You're telling me I came all the way up here for NOTHING?" Yuki complained to the air.  Quickly, Yuki ran back towards the staircase, not bothering to take the elevator.  Instead of running down the steps, Yuki jumped on the metal pole handle, that acted as the barrister of the staircase and started sliding down.  As she slid, Agents CL and Park Bom had been making their way up.  Noticing Yuki sliding down the staircase at the speed of light, they both held up their hands, grinning widely.  Yuki held up her hand as well, preparing for a high five.

"Late Yuki?" CL questioned as Yuki high-fived her and Bom.

"You know it!" Yuki yelled quickly as she rapidly slid past the pair.  As soon as Yuki hit the ground of the lobby, she quickly ran towards Soo Man's office.  Taking a deep breath in an attempt to collect herself, Yuki knocked.  Jinki opened the door immediately.

"You're late," he hissed.

"No ," Yuki muttered, "why didn't any of you wake me up?!"

Before Jinki could retort, Soo Man spoke up.  "Thank you for joining us Agent Bul," he said, looking at Yuki from over his glasses.  Yuki coughed once and saluted before stepping inside.  The rest of SHINee was sitting in the room:  Jinki, Kibum, Taemin and Minho.  (Jonghyun is at the dorm).  "As I was saying, you're probably wondering why I've called you all in here today."

"A mission?" Minho questioned.  Soo Man shook his head.

"Minho, Yuki.  You two have a special training assignment today," he said.

Minho and Yuki looked at each other before staring at Soo Man again.  "What do you mean 'special'?" Yuki asked suspiciously.

"Both of you report to the Simulation Room and you'll find out," Soo Man said simply, "boys, you can go with them to the room.  Then you can go on your separate assignments.  The five present members of SHINee saluted Soo Man before making their way towards the Simulation Room.

"Do you guys have any idea what's going on?" Minho and Yuki questioned the rest of SHINee.  Key, Onew, and Taemin coughed once.  Yuki's eyes narrowed.

"All right guys, what the hell is-" Minho started.  Before he could finish, however, Onew and Taemin had quickly pushed the pair inside the room.

"MIANHE!" Onew and Taemin yelled.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL GUYS?" Minho yelled, slamming his fists against the door.

"It's for your own good!" Key called from the other side of the door.  Yuki took a deep breath.

"Stand back Keroro," she said.  Minho looked at her, but complied and moved away from the door.  Yuki lifted one of her legs and pulled back.  Then, she sent the heel of her foot flying near the handle of the door.  Before her foot could make contact, however, a voice rang through the room.

"Stop right there!" Soo Man said through the intercom.  Yuki froze mid-kick, her foot merely centimeters from the door.  Yuki and Minho looked around.

"Welcome to your training activity," Soo Man said calmly, "it's a bonding activity."

"Eh?" Minho said in confusion, "did you just say. . . bonding?"

"Yes.  Yes I did.  Now, the two of you are going to remain in the Simulation Room for the whole day-"

"THE WHOLE DAY?!" Minho and Yuki yelled, "BWOH?!" 

"Yes, the whole day.  I've decided that after your last fiasco as a duo, you need to spend more time with each other in order to coordinate better.  Oh and don't even think about trying to get out.  Even your kicks can't break the door Yuki."  Soo Man had said that last sentence just as Yuki had braced herself for another kick.

"Dammit. . ." she muttered.

"Anyways.  I don't really care what you two do, but you need to communicate.  The longer you two resist, the longer I keep you in here.  I will no longer be taking questions.  Have fun~" Soo Man said before hanging up the intercom.  Suddenly, the simulation room started changing.  The contents of the room shifted as the Virtual Reality mechanisms started kicking in.  The pair now stood. . .

"In a cafe?" Minho and Yuki questioned simultaneously.  Indeed, the two were now in the middle of a cozy looking cafe.  A small table sat in the corner.  Minho and Yuki shrugged and decided to take a seat.  This is weird. . . Yuki thought.  Of course it was weird!  How are you supposed to start a polite conversation with your worst enemy?

"So. . ." Minho said slowly, "I'm not really sure where to go with this."

"Me either," Yuki answered honestly, "okay, how about we start from the beginning.  How. . . how were things once I left?"

"The truth?" Minho asked, "all the hyungs had to take a whole day to cope with it.  It was. . . pretty sad to watch.  I remember having to patrol all of Seoul on my own for the next two days."  Yuki's heart clenched.  Even though she saw Sihyun, Junghan, and Haru frequently now, they had never told her how they felt once she had left them to join S.M.  Guilt overcame her.  Minho noticed the sadness in Yuki's eyes.  "Hey, there's no need to be upset about it now!  Things got better after that.  The hyungs wanted you to do what they did.  They were. . . really proud of you."

"And you?" Yuki asked out of the blue.  She really had no idea what compelled her to ask Minho how he felt.  It sort of came out of nowhere.

Minho cleared his throat.  What would he tell her?  The truth?  That he regretted not tying up loose end with her before she left?  That he secretly wished she hadn't left?  That. . . that. . .

That he actually missed her?

"Uh. . . it was weird.  I wasn't arguing with anyone 24/7.  There were no more people to compete with since they were always too scared of going against me. I had no one to call Ice Princess.  Nobody ed me. . ." Minho couldn't stop the small smile that appeared on his face.  Yuki shoved him lightly.

"Yeah," she said sarcastically. "I'm sure your days were filled with loneliness after I left."

They kinda were. . . Minho thought.  His own thought actually surprised himself.

"What about you?  How were you feeling when you left?" Minho questioned.

"Sad.  Leaving the hyungs after such a long time of being with them was the most difficult thing I had to deal with after. . . you know."  Minho noticed the topic going in a slightly less pleasant area, so he decided to lighten the mood a little.

"I'm SURE you were DYING to come back to me once you left," he said teasingly.

Yuki's insides squirmed slightly at Minho's comment, but she had no idea why.  Instead she said, "Oh DEFINITELY," extremely sarcastically.  "I missed losing my temper at every available moment of the day.  It grows on you after a while."

The pair shared a small laugh.  "I never really heard the story about your recruitment," Yuki said after a small pause, "what happened?"

"Soo Man-ssi ended up coming back after you were recruited.  I was almost eighteen.  Sihyun Hyung, Junghan Hyung, and Haru Hyung had already started their training to become official policemen.  Soo Man-ssi asked me if I was interested in straightening out my life in order to become a spy for the country.  It took me a couple of days to make my decision but in the end. . . I said yes."

Yuki nodded once.  "Your training didn't last very long," she remarked.

"Yeah," Minho nodded, "I think my experience on the streets of Seoul gave me a better edge."

The interactions between the two were difficult to describe.  Of course, both were making a conscious effort to be polite, but as the time passed and they continued talking, the feeling of enmity they shared was replaced by the shaky foundation of. . . not exactly friendship, but at least trust.

Is she still the bane of my existence?

Is he still my worst enemy?

If Key had been in the room, he would have nodded in conformation.  "Yep," he would have said, "something is DEFINITELY going on here. . ."


Sup guys? :D  So, I got this chapter done a little bit early (even though it's kinda short).  YAYYY~~  I hope you guys like it!  Things are certainly changing now huh?  Whoa there~  LOL.  I really hope you guys are enjoying the story as it progresses!  If not, please tell me what I can do to make it better ^_^

Please continue commenting!  I love seeing all your guys' comments!! :D  Each one is responded to of course!

Also, if you can, please subscribe!!  Definitely got an increase in subbies over the last week and it made me SUPERRRRR happy!  That's why I got this chapter done so early :PP  All righty, that's all for now!  I hope you guys are having a good week so far!!  Annyeong and see you soon with the next chapter!

~Yuki