Chapter 15: Memories (Part I)

S.M. Spies

Hey guys!  :)  So, I need to explain how this chapter is going to work:

The other SHINee boys are going to be messing with the Sim. Room while Yuki and Minho are still inside.  They're doing this so they can drop hints around the room that will remind Minho and Yuki of certain memories from their past.  I hope that makes sense!  Continue on~! :)  [I hope you don't find this chapter TOO boring. . .~]

This chapter is going to be separated into two parts.  So here's part 1~ :)  Enjoy!


Minho leaned back in his chair.  He and Yuki were still trapped in the Simulation Room, with no hope of getting out anytime soon.  Not much time had passed and Soo Man had said that they were stuck in their for the whole day.  He was about to say something to Yuki, when all of a sudden, a waitress walked up to the table.  "May I take your order?" she asked sweetly.

Minho and Yuki both let out a small chuckle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BOOM!

Thunder and lightning crackled in the sky as it started raining.

"Crap!" Yuki cursed as she was thoroughly drenched by the rain.  She cursed her stupidity as well.  She had known that it was going to rain yet she left her jacket at home.  Placing her dagger back in the sheath attached to her jeans, the twelve-year-old started sprinting down the dark streets of Seoul.  She did not see the figure that had walked around the curb in her path.

SMACK!

"YAH!" Yuki yelled as she fell on the pavement.  She looked to see who she had run into.  "Watch where you're going Keroro!"

"You should have seen me from a mile away Ice Princess!" Minho shouted back, "or are you blind as well as stupid?"

"You're such an annoying frog!"

"I'm not a frog.  Or are you unable to diffrentiate that-"

BOOOOOM!

The loud roar of thunder drowned out the rest of Minho's statement.  Suddenly, it started raining MUCH harder than before.  Cursing, the pair stood up from the floor.  Minho looked around.  There was no way that he or Yuki would be able to make it home and he knew that.  Suddenly, he caught sight of a warmly lit cafe just down the street. 

"Hey Keroro," Yuki said, crouching slightly and smirking, "I'll race you."

The pair burst through the doors of the cafe, laughing.  This, as well as the fact that both were sopping wet, earned them awkward glances from the other cafe-goers. 

Unconsciously, Minho had linked hands with Yuki upon their entrance into the cozy shop.  The warm air in there contrasted greatly with the freezing temperatures outside.  "It's nice in here," Minho commented.

"Yeah," Yuki replied, "we can wait out the storm in here."  Seeing an empty booth, Yuki tugged on her and Minho's interlinked hands and led him there.  Minho cleared his throat when they arrived at the booth.  Yuki turned to the boy with a questioning look.  Minho raised an eyebrow at Yuki, then looked down at their interlinked hands.  Yuki followed his gaze and immediately snatched her hand back.  A red tint formed on her cheeks and Minho smirked, noticing it.

Deep down in his head. . . he slightly resented the loss of contact.

The pair took a seat across from each other as a waitress came to take their orders.  Minho and Yuki looked at each other uncertainly.

"Um. . . have you ever had coffee before?" they asked each other simultaneously.  The waitress laughed and gave the pair menus, telling them to take their time to choose.

The pair spent the next thirty minutes trying to figure out what coffee to choose, laughing together at some of the ridiculous coffee names and trying to discern the meaning of terms such as 'espresso,' completely forgetting that they were stuck together because of a storm.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Caramel Frappucino.  Extra caramel," Minho told the waitress.

"Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucino," Yuki said.  She held back a laugh.  "No espresso."  The waitress left after jotting down their orders.  She returned minutes later and handed the pair their drinks.  Minho and Yuki grinned, then swapped drinks.  [A/N:  They ordered for each other.]  Then, they burst out laughing.

"Oh my god!" Yuki said between laughs, "do you remember?"

"I didn't know they would put espresso shots in a drink with such an innocent name!" Minho chuckled in an attempt to defend himself.  When the younger Minho and Yuki had been stuck in the cafe together, they had ordered the same two drinks that they had today.  Except. . . Minho had forgotten to tell the waitress that he didn't want espresso shots inside his Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucino.  The result:  An influx of bitter tasting liquid in his mouth.  "I never forgot the disgusting taste," Minho said, his face contorting in disgust.  

Minho and Yuki continued sipping at their drinks, talking casually about other isolated incidents of their pasts.  Minho had just began describing one his many disagreements with Daewook in terms of politics when two voices behind them started speaking loudly.

"You know I would have won that basketball game!" the first man said jokingly, "I got hurt halfway through!"

Yuki looked down at her drink, feeling her face heat up.  She remembered that memory all too well.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Yuki and Minho were both panting and sweating.  The two fourteen year olds were given the day off by their Hyungs.  One thing led to another and Minho ended up challenging Yuki to a game of basketball.  Typical.

Yuki eyed Minho carefully.  The boy kept his chocolate brown eyes focused on her as he slowly dribbled down the court.  Soon, he was almost face-to-face with Yuki.

Minho grunted in frustration.  He had been stuck in the same place on the court for the past five minutes.  Yuki was not letting him budge.  Every time he would make a move, Yuki would automatically adjust herself, leaving the pair at a stalemate.  Finally, Yuki broke it.  In a split-second decision, Yuki snatched the ball from Minho and went careening down the court.  "!" Minho cursed as he went sprinting after the girl.  Yuki grinned triumphantly as she closed in for the lay-up.  As soon as Yuki made the jump for her shot, she looked up.  Her eyes widened.  There was a boy standing directly in front of her.  The ball left Yuki's hand as the girl attempted to twist mid-jump in order to avoid a collision.  "GOD DAMNIT!" Yuki yelled as she hit the floor.  Her ankle twisted in such a way that Yuki felt sick to her stomach just by looking at it.  She turned her head in the other direction as Minho sprinted over.

"Ice Princess!  Are you okay?" Minho asked, his eyebrows scrunched in concern.

"Fine," Yuki managed to say through her teeth.

"What the hell man?!" Minho yelled at the boy.  Suddenly, Minho tensed and his glare darkened.  "Chae Hun," he said.

"Sup Minho?  Long time no see," Chae Hun replied, smirking.

"Apologize," Minho said, gesturing towards where Yuki lay.  Yuki took one look at Chae Hun and made a face of disgust.  She knew the boy.  He had made attempts to approach her before.  Multiple times.

"And why should I?" Chae Hun asked, "she almost ran into ME."

Yuki made an attempt to stand during Minho and Chae Hun's confrontation.  It turns out her ankle was hurt more badly than she thought.  Yuki gasped when the pain hit her full force.  She hit the floor again, grabbing her ankle.  *Damn!  That HURTS!* Yuki thought.  "OI!  Ice Princess!  Who said you could try to move?" Minho demanded, leaving Chae Hun and running over to the girl's side.

"Not so high and might now, huh Yuki?" Chae Hun asked, smirking at the girl.  Yuki did not appreciate the way Chae Hun was staring at her.  The girl was dressed in basketball shorts and a T-Shirt yet. . . Chae Hun was making her feel like she was wearing an outfit fit for one of the She Devils.  Minho gritted his teeth at Chae Hun's words and turned around to yell at him when Yuki stopped him.

"Keroro. . . just don't.  He's not worth the time," she said.

"Ice Princess. . ." Minho said, worry lacing his voice, "you don't look too good. . ."

"I'm fine," Yuki repeated, "I'm just going to head back home."  The girl made a second attempt at standing and succeeded.  Unfortunately, she didn't make it too far.  In fact, Yuki would have face-planted on the cement if Minho hadn't caught and steadied her.

"Aish," the boy said, "can't you LISTEN?"  Yuki rolled her eyes.

"I can make it back home," she said.

"No, you can't," Minho responded.

"Here Minho," Chae Hun said, smirking, "I can take her back to her home."

Yuki tensed instinctively in Minho's arms at Chae Hun's words.  "Thanks, but no thanks," Minho replied coolly, "I've got her."  Before Chae Hun or Yuki could say anything, Minho leaned down and swept his arm behind Yuki's knees, causing her to fall backwards.  Before the back of her head could hit the floor, Minho caught her and picked her up bridal-style.

"Y-YAH!" Yuki stuttered, "put me down!"  She instinctively grabbed Minho's neck in order to keep herself from falling to the ground.

"No," Minho simply replied.  Ignoring Yuki's protests, the boy turned his back on Chae Hun and walked away from the park.  "Does it hurt?" Minho asked after a few minutes of silence. 

"A little. . ." Yuki said quietly.  She was very stiff in Minho's arms; she had removed her arms from around the boy's neck and tried to lean her body away from his (without falling out of his arms, of course).

"Yah," he said, "you can relax you know.  I don't like this any more than you do, but I can't risk dropping you and you getting MORE hurt than you already are."  Yuki hesitated before Minho smirked and let go of the girl for a split-second.  Feeling herself drop, Yuki gasped, wrapped her arms around Minho's neck and put her head on his chest in order to keep from falling.  Chuckling under his breath, Minho muttered, "there you go."

"," Yuki muttered loud enough for Minho to hear. 

Minho chuckled, but said nothing as he continued carrying Yuki along the streets of Seoul towards her house.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I would have won that game. . ." Yuki said with a slight smile.

"Pfft," Minho scoffed, "I was RIGHT behind you.  I would have stolen the ball easily."

"Lies!  You were so far away from me!" Yuki said teasingly.

"Yah!  Not THAT far!" Minho replied defensively.

"Far enough for me to be able to make that lay-up without any problems," Yuki shot back with a smirk.

"Yahhhhh~ You should be lucky I was there to help you when you got hurt," Minho said indignantly.

Yuki's cheeks reddened slightly as she thought about the rest of the memory.  "I distinctly remember you asking me if my ankle was like my Achilles' Heel since that was like the only place I ever got seriously injured," she said.

"Yeah, I remember that too," Minho said with a swift smile, "I also remember how red in the face you were when Sihyun Hyung opened the door for me!"

"Yah!!" Yuki exclaimed, "stupid Hyung. . . He never let that go!!  And YOU encouraged him!"

Minho laughed out loud, remembering how he had told Sihyun Hyung that Yuki was "officially" his "girlfriend."

"Babo," Yuki said with a laugh, "oh and then when DAEWOOK hyung found out-"

The pair continued laughing, recollecting other memories from their past.  SHINee and Soo Man's plan was working excellently.  Key, Onew, and Taemin were observing the Simulation Room through one of the cameras, making sure that the hints they were dropping were effective.  Minho and Yuki had covered quite a few of their "friendly" memories.  Now. . . there was only one major one left.  This memory, Sihyun, Junghan, and Haru had told SHINee, was probably Yuki and Minho's strongest memory together.

And it wasn't pleasant.  At all.

Taemin was about to press the button that would make the change in the Simulation Room, but he hesitated as the details of that particular story hit him. Onew put a hand on Taemin's shoulder.  "I know Tae. . ." he said quietly, "I don't want to remind her of that either but. . ."

"It's their strongest memory together," Key mumbled, "just do it.  I can't watch her reaction. . ."   

Taemin pushed the button in front of him with a shaking finger.

Yuki was in the middle of telling Minho about one of the other SHINee boys' many antics when something landed next to her foot.  Raising an eyebrow, Yuki bent down and picked it up.  It was a newspaper.  Unraveling it with one hand, she looked at the headline.

Her face turned a bit pale.  She had effectively crushed the plastic coffee container in her other hand by clutching it so hard.  "Ice Princess?" Minho asked, noticing the change in Yuki's countenance.  Yuki didn't respond.  Her eyes were glued to the paper and her hand was shaking.  Minho immediately snatched the newspaper from Yuki's hand.  The first thing that caught his eye was the date of the paper.

It was from six years ago.

Then he saw the headline.  The memory hit him and Yuki simultaneously like a sack of bricks.

SUSPECTED JUNIOR GANG MEMBER APPREHENDED FOR ASSAULT AND ATTEMPTED OF FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL.


Sorry for taking so long guys. . .  My sister and I were involved in a really serious car accident this past Friday and we were in the ER.  But we're out now, thank goodness.

Soooo, here was part 1 of "Memories" :)  I hope it wasn't TOO boring.  I'll warn you in advance:  The next chapter might be slightly small.  I'm trying to do a double update because the next chapter is only supposed to be about Minho and Yuki's last strong memory together.  I'll try to put it up ASAP!!!   Thank you all for reading!

Please comment and subscribe if possible!  I really appreciate it!! :D

~Yuki