Chapter 55: 4 Months Later

S.M. Spies

Sorry for the late-ish update, my flurries~!  Anyways, I hope you like this update! ^_^

NOTE:  Time Skip -> 4 Months


BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  

The sound of the alarm caused a seemingly lifeless lump of sheets to move.  A cream-colored hand finally popped out of the sheets to silence the incessant ringing.  Not soon after that, a head topped with messy hair popped out as well, followed by the rest of the body.  Bul Yuki stretched and yawned before making her way to the bathroom to freshen up.  After showered and changing her clothes, the girl looked at herself in the mirror.

They're getting worse, she thought, sighing as she touched the dark circles under her eyes.

4 months.

It had been four whole months since she had run away from the hospital and come to live with Block B in Ansan.

four months since she had slept properly.

four months since she had laughed, smiled, shown any sense of emotion, or had any sense of peace.

The Bul Yuki from S.M. had been locked away.  In her place, there stood the Yuki from Seoul's orphanage.  The quiet, emotionless, and cold Ice Princess.  Her walls were back up again, around her head and around her heart.  

And she was determined to make sure that they would never fall again.

Yuki sighed and walked down a flight of stairs to a dining room.

"Morning, Yuki," Taeil said with a smile.

"Good morning, Hyung," Yuki replied, "where are the others?"

"Yukwon's probably still in bed because he drank so much last night.  Jaehyo went out to meet some new lady friend of his.  P.O. said he was going down to the race track to arrange for the next big competition.  Zico had some business to deal with downtown.  He took Kyung and Minhyuk with him for back up," the older boy replied, ticking them all off on his fingers.

"Does Zico need anymore back up?" Yuki asked immediately, "because I can-"

"They're fine, Yuki-yah," Taeil chuckled, interrupting the girl, "you've done enough already."

Yuki gave the boy a look full of doubt.  "Are you kidding?" she said incredulously, "on the contrary, it's impossible for me to do enough to thank you for-"

"Yuki," Taeil said, giving the girl a stern look, "you don't owe us anything.  You're practically like family.  You came to us when you were in need and we were more than happy to help.  We've been over this.  No 'thank you's'."  Yuki sighed.

"All right, all right, I get it," the girl said, "well. . . if everyone's accounted for, I should probably get going.  My shift starts in forty-five minutes."

Ever since Yuki had started living with Block B, she took up a position as a waitress at a nearby café in order to both help with expenses and keep her mind occupied.

"Forty-five minutes is ample time for you to sit down and eat breakfast with me," Taeil said with a grin, "I'll go make some."

"Hyung-"

"No excuses," Taeil said firmly, "I would say that you could make us breakfast if you feel that guilty, but. . . I don't think it's safe for me to trust you in the kitchen, so you can just wait here."

When Yuki had appeared in front of Zico and the rest of his gang four months ago, they had recieved quite a shock.  Yuki came to them with nothing but the clothes on her back and a cell phone in her hand.  No explanation, no nothing.  When she told them that she needed somewhere to say, they accepted her instantly.  When she told them not to contact anyone about her whereabouts, they hesitated but eventually agreed.  Yuki had changed.  The Yuki that Block B remembered was not there.  Instead of the witty, sarcastic girl that they had gotten to know over the years, the boys were faced with the Yuki that they could not recognize. 

It worried them.

Yuki sighed as she sat down at the dining table and played with her dragon necklace absently.  She had been doing that a lot lately.  The girl's troubling thoughts were broken when Taeil came waltzing back into the room again with two plates in his hand.

"Ta-da~" Taeil sang, putting a plate down in front of Yuki before taking his own seat, "I figured I'd make something traditional and light so we can all go out for dinner tonight."  Yuki eyed the toast sandwhich in front of her.

"Is this. . . gaeran-toastu (sweet egg toast sandwhich)?" she asked.

"Yep!" Taeil replied, "Kyung taught me how to make it.  So eat up~!"

The girl nodded once and took a bite of the food.  "It's really good," she said.  Although the girl genuinely meant it, there wasn't much expression in her words.  Taeil, however, understanding the girl's sentiment, smiled brightly.

"Thank you," he said proudly, "it's my signature dish." 

"More like the only dish you can cook."

"YAH!  AT LEAST I CAN COOK!"

Yuki rolled her eyes at the fuming boy in front of her and continued to eat.  After another twenty minutes of small talk, the girl was ready to head out.  "I'll see you later, Hyung," she said, "oh and about dinner. . . maybe you shouldn't expect me back. . ."

A small sigh escaped Taeil's lips.  "You're going to patrol again?" 

Yuki nodded once.

"All right," the boy conceded, "please take care of yourself, Yuki."

Yuki almost, almost opened and said:  "Don't I always?" but she felt a lump in before she could say the words.  Instead, the girl nodded, shouldered her bag, and left the house, closing the door behind her.

Taeil sighed again.  "Yuki. . . you haven't told any of us what happened but it's so obvious that you're hurting.  Please tell us why.  Let us help you."

Soo Man let out a breath and turned to face the five boys in front of him.

"Any news?" he asked.  He had been asking the same question everyday for the past four months.  And each day, he would recieve the same answer.

"None yet," Jinki replied, "but I'm sure we'll find something soon."

"It's more difficult because Noona destroyed or disposed of any trackers she might have had on her person," Taemin explained, "her phone is untraceable and there was never a tracker on it."

"Moreover, because Yuki was a member of S.M., the name 'Bul Yuki' doesn't exist in an government records anywhere in Korea or otherwise," Key added.

"It's obvious she changed her name when she left," Jonghyun mumbled.

"We'll just have to keep looking," Minho concluded, "we'll find her.  I know we will.  We can't give up."

"Boys," Soo Man said, "we've been through all of this already.  This is information we already know.  Honestly, it's been four months now.  I've extended the deadline far too much.  It won't be long before President Geun-hye finds out about Yuki's disappearance."

"What. . . what exactly are you saying, Soo Man-ssi?" Jinki asked, looking at his superior.  The elder man sighed.

It had taken him a great deal of thinking to come to this conclusion.  Yuki meant a lot to Soo Man.  In a lot of ways, she was like a daughter to him.  She had spent quite a bit of her life in S.M.  As he had told her before, out of all the spies at S.M., he had trusted her the most.  

But  now she had run away.  

And that was a problem.

Yuki knew every single one of S.M.'s secrets.  Its interior and exterior defenses, its weaponry, its plans and forthcoming missions. . . 

Everything.

Sure, the man could say with absolutely confidence that Yuki would never reveal anything to anyone.

But there was the risk of Yuki getting captured.

In other words, Yuki had become a walking, unprotected gold mine of information.

"I'm saying. . ." Soo Man finally said, "I'm saying that I can only extend the deadline for another week.  After that. . . I won't have a choice."

The boys stared at Soo Man in silent horror as the next sentence left his mouth.

"If you fail to find her by the end of this week, Bul Yuki will be declared a rogue spy.

To be found and killed on sight."


Uh-oh.  SHINee's going to have to work fast if they want to find Yuki.

But the problem, as Key has so eloquently stated:  "How do you find someone that doesn't want to be found?"

Even if they /DO/ find Yuki, will SHINee be able to convince the damaged girl to rejoin S.M.?

Will Yuki ever be able to forgive Minho?

Or will she just be declared a rogue spy?  To become the number one target on South Korea's hit list?

:O

The answers to all of these questions and more will be answered in the following, upcoming chapters of S.M. Spies!  So keep reading if you want to find out~! ;D

Without further ado, let's welcome the new flurries~~!  Thank you for subscribing!! :D <3

ss__hh
ss__hh 
 

 

 

 

 

 

It's really appreciated!  One flurry away from 90!! :DDD  Wow!! I never imagined that this story would gain so much attention!! ^_^  

There haven't been any up-votes lately~  So if any of you feel like this story deserves it, please do up-vote!! :D  :D

Other than that, just continue commenting and subscribing!!  I love seeing new comments, subscriptions, and up-votes!!  It makes me happy!! ^_^

All righty~ I think I've yapped quite enough!! I'll see you guys next week, yeah??  Have a good weekend everyone!! <3

~Yuki