Chapter 19: One Way In

S.M. Spies

SORRY GUYS~~ PREPARE FOR A LITTLE DISAPPOINTMENT :P  I'm such an evil author sometimes. . .   BUT PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!  I still love you all~~ <3


Yuki's eyes widened to the size of dish plates when Minho had grabbed her face and pulled her toward him.

Now there they sat.  Minho's lips merely millimeters from Yuki's.  Minho's whole body was curved so that Yuki was completely hidden from sight.  "Put your arms around me," Minho hissed.  The girl remained motionless.  She was still in shock.  Growling in frustration, Minho subtly grabbed Yuki's arms and placed them loosely around his neck.  He pressed his body closer to the girl's, knowing that they were being watched.  Minho's whole form was tense; slow and painful death was only a few feet away after all.  Gently, Minho wrapped his arms around Yuki's waist to make their compromising situation seem more believable.

"Leave them be," Minho heard the North Korean spy say in a bored tone of voice, "we have no time to dispose of the bodies of dead civilians.  If anyone discovers their bodies, their will be problems. We've got somewhere to go.  Just come on."

Grunting, the spy's accomplice stuffed his gun back in his pocket.  "Shame. . ." he said, "ah well.  You're right.  The Underworld waits for no one.  Let's go.  They've been expecting you."

The two walked off.

Minho and Y uki didn't move.

Yuki could feels Minho's breath on her face.  There was practically no space between the two, seeing that their noses were touching.  Even though, Minho knew that he could move, he didn't.  His eyes looked straight into Yuki's dark brown orbs.  Both were breathing heavily, their cheeks flushed and their hearts beating at 100 miles per hour.

It wasn't just the thought that they were almost caught that was making them react this way.  

Yuki was having problems forming coherent thoughts, as was Minho.

Silence prevailed as the two continued staring at each other.  Then. . .

"HOLY , WHAT HAPPENED GUYS?!" Jonghyun yelled into the pair's earpieces.  Minho and Yuki jumped, their heads bonking together because of their close proximity.

"Owww," the duo whined, rubbing their heads.

"N-nothing," Minho said into his earpiece.  The ?  Why am I stuttering?! he wondered to himself.  The boy tried to shake his head a couple of times.  That was nothing, he thought, I did it to save both of our asses.  I didn't feel anything other than that.  I didn't even actually kiss her!  STOP BEATING SO FAST, HEART.  GOD.  I'm probably still in shock from the fact that we almost got killed.  Relax, Choi.  Calm down.

Minho tried lying to himself, but he completely failed.  

He kept trying to deny it. . . but a very VERY small part of him knew what he had felt.

As much as his mind was screaming at him to pull away from Yuki after the spy had left, something had been pulled Minho TOWARDS Yuki.

Holy , what just happened? Yuki thought to herself.  Her face felt like it was on fire and her heart rate had yet to calm down.  No one had ever affected her in such a way before.  She was having a problem understanding what she was feeling.  It's nothing, Yuki tried to tell herself, anyone would react this way if painful death was only a few feet away from them.  Of course.  Keep your head in the game, Bul.  Focus.

Yuki couldn't ignore the tiny, annoying voice in her head either.

Deep down in her heart, she resented putting distance between herself and Minho.

When these separate realizations hit Minho and Yuki, only one thought crossed their minds.

WHAT.  THE.  .

"Yuki, Minho, I'm about to flip the out if you don't respond," Key said shakily. 

Yuki cleared , trying to disperse the now extremely awkward atmosphere between herself and Minho.  "Yeah, we're fine.  Keroro's quick thinking probably just saved our lives," she said quickly.

"Good job, Minho hyung," Taemin exclaimed, "way to do whatever you did!"  (None of the SHINee members knew what actually happened).

Minho coughed once.  "Thanks guys," he responded.

"Okay you two," Jonghyun said as he, Taemin, and Key took their respective seats in the SHINee Spy Unit [A/N:  Not the full unit obviously, but this picture was pretty fitting so you guys could get an idea of where the support team usually sits during a mission], "unfortunately, the mission's not even close to being over.  You need to find that spy and detain him at all costs."

"Jonghyun. . ." Yuki said, "you need to stop watching those action K-Dramas."

"BUT THEY MAKE ME SOUND SO COOL!"

Minho smacked himself on the forehead.

Meanwhile, Key hit Jonghyun on the back of the head.  "Focus!" Key yelled at him, "this is serious!"

"Okay!  Okay!" Jonghyun said, rubbing his head, "YEESH.  I'm just trying to add to the affect!"

Minho and Yuki tuned out the boys and began speaking with each other.

"Keroro. . ." Yuki said, "that spy's accomplice. . ."

"Definitely a member of the Underworld," Minho said, "it looks like we're going to meet some old friends, Ice Princess."

"And a ton of enemies," Yuki muttered. "I know all the entrances to the Underworld in SEOUL by heart.  I don't know any entrances here in Ansan.  Any ideas?"

"None," Minho said, "I've been part of the Underworld for as long as you have and I've never tried to reach the Underworld from anywhere other than Seoul.  I just never saw the need."  A few seconds of silence followed as Minho and Yuki contemplated what their next plan of action should be.

"Taemin," MInho and Yuki said in unison.  Taemin, who had been speaking to Key and Jonghyun at the time, raised his head attentively.

"Neh?" he asked.

"Get Sihyun Hyung on the line," Yuki said immediately, "we need to speak to him."

Taemin complied immediately, sharing a bewildered look with Key and Jonghyun.

After two rings, Sihyun, who had been looking through a few files back in the Seoul Police Station, picked up the phone.  "Yeoboseyo?" he said.  It's kinda late. . . Sihyun thought, glancing at the time.  It was around 9:30 at night.  Who could it be at this time of night?

"Sihyun Hyung?" Taemin asked.

"Taemin-ah!" Sihyun exclaimed in surprise, "what's up?"

"Give me two seconds, hyung," Taemin said, "I'm about to connect you over to Yuki Noona; she needs to talk to you."

Sihyun sat up a little bit straighter.  "All right," he said, "should I call Haru and Junghan?"  The line remained silent for another few seconds.  Then. . .

"That would be a good idea," Taemin said.

"Junghan, Haru," Sihyun called loudly.  Almost immediately, the two boys appeared inside Sihyun's office, raising an eyebrow in questioning.  Sihyun motioned them forward, then put his cellphone on speaker.  After another second of silence, Yuki's voice was heard through the phone.

"Hyung," she said quickly.

"Yuki?" Sihyun said, "what's wrong?"

"Are Junghan Hyung and Haru Hyung with you?"

"Yes."

Yuki explained the whole situation to the boys as quickly as possible, with Minho pitching in at times in case she forgot to mention anything important.  "Hyungs," the girl finally said, "Minho and I need to get into the Underworld through Ansan."

"YOU WHAT?!" Key said.  Taemin had connected Sihyun to Yuki's earpiece, but that didn't mean that he cut off his own connection with her.

"We have to Key," Minho said quickly, "that's where the spy is headed.  We don't have another option this time."

"Key," Yuki said, "need I remind you that the Underworld was my second home?  And Keroro's and well?  We'll be fine!  We just need a way to get there from Ansan.  There has to be some kind of entrance. . ."

Sihyun, Haru, and Junghan remained silent for a long time.  They knew what Yuki and Minho wanted to do, and they knew how dangerous it was.

Sure, Minho and Yuki had friends in the Underworld.  It was only natural considering that Minho and Yuki practically grew up there.

However, the presence of friends did not mean the absence of enemies.

And if the enemy spy had connections with South Korea's Underworld?  Well. . . THAT was a problem.

"You guys remember those illegal street races you used to participate in?" Haru finally asked Minho and Yuki.

"Of course," the pair replied instantly.

Back when they were teenagers, Yuki and Minho had finally gotten permission from their Hyungs to participate in the Underworld's drag races.  They couldn't drive CARS, obviously, but by fifteen, both Minho and Yuki could drive motorcycles like professionals thanks to Daewook and Sihyun.  Illegal drag racing was one of the most dangerous illegal sports in all of South Korea.  The tracks for such races were meant to run through its entire city; it was filled with hairpin turns, insane jumps, and death-defying stunts.  Clearly the perfect environment for two 15-year-olds.

"There's only one way to gain entrance to the Underworld via Ansan," Junghan said, "within the next hour, an underground drag race is going to start.  Strictly motorcycles only.  You're allowed one racing mate."

"Your ticket to the Underworld is your victory in this drag race," Sihyun said, "if you guys can win, you're open to Ansan's Underworld entrance permanently.  You're supposed to enter as your own risk."

"The risk of being caught by authorities?" Minho asked.

"The risk of losing your lives during the race," Sihyun said stiffly, "the only rule of the race is that you can't have any boosters in your vehicle.  No nitrous, no turbo, nothing.  You're supposed to win the race based on your own skill. . . and your ability to knock out the competition."

Jonghyun and Taemin had to grab Key to make sure he didn't pass out from anxiety.  But who could make fun of him?  Jonghyun and Taemin were just as pale as he was.

"Guys," Minho said, "Ice Princess and I have participated in SEOUL'S illegal streets races and we've both won multiple times.  The Seoul Underground track is the most dangerous track in all of South Korea.  It's got to be at least TEN times more life-threatening than Ansan's."

"Plus," Yuki said, "Keroro and I usually ended up competing again each other in those races.  We usually left everyone else behind in the dust!  And mind you, people from every nook and cranny of the Underworld come to compete in Seoul's races.  That means Keroro and I have gone up against the best of the best.  Trust us.  We've almost died more than once out on the tracks.  Now that we BOTH have to win. . ."

"We'll be practically unstoppable," Minho finished with a smirk.

In all honesty, Minho and Yuki were excited.  Underground street racing had fascinated them as children and had become their favorite hobby as teenagers.  The idea that they could finally take control of the tracks again got them both riled up.  Minho and Yuki were both risk-takers, which would explain why jobs as secret agents perfectly suited them.  Yuki was not joking when she had mentioned that she had a hard time making her bike dip below seventy.  Both she and Minho had been built for this type of lifestyle.  Infiltrating a world filled with some of South Korea's nastiest criminals with the idea that one wrong move could send Minho and Yuki straight to their graves was invigorating for them.

And the fact that they got to participate in an Underground street race in order to get in made it even better for the pair.

Minho turned to look at Yuki with a half-smile.  "Well, Ice Princess?  Whaddya say?"

"Well. . . I've missed racing quite a bit," Yuki replied, playing along with Minho.

The boy held out his hand.  "It's time to go home, Ice Princess.  Our first home."

Yuki smirked and grasped Minho's hand (like this).  "What are we waiting for?" she asked, "it's time to kick , Keroro.  I want us to claim our title as rulers of the tracks again."


SORRY GUYS NO REAL KISS!  I'm such a . . . LOL.  I was reading your comments saying "they kissed?!" and I was like ". . . uh. . . LOL"  You guys know I can't make the kiss happen THAT quickly!  Things still have to happen!!  BUT THAT ROMANTIC DEVELOPMENT!!  Things are certainly moving right along for these two, aren't they?

Please continue commenting and subscribing!! <33  I love seeing those lovely notifications telling me that I've gotten new subscribers!!! ^_^

Anyways, what do you guys think of this whole Underground Street Race?  Minho and Yuki are finally headed back to their roots in the Underworld.  I wonder what's going to happen over there?

Speaking of which, is it just me, or are you guys getting bad vibes from the fact that a NORTH Korean spy is in cahoots with South Korea's Underworld?  Like, what the hell?!  What does this mean?!?! 

I guess you'll just have to find out, but for now, it's time to see Minho and Yuki in their natural element~  Please do anticipate the next chapter! 

What do you guys think of this development in the story?  Minho and Yuki, Seoul's Underground Racers?  Cool, huh?  I hope it fits okay. . .

Until next time!!!

~Yuki