Chapter 9: The Morning After

S.M. Spies

Hey guys~ How's it going?  Curiousity's been sparked huh?  Well I just have one short note before you start:

Minho didn't walk into the wrong room.

You'll see whose fault it really is ;D

Enjoy this chapter!!! Please comment or subscribe!!!

~Yuki 


RINGGGGGGG~!

Yuki groaned and turned over to shut her alarm clock.  I hate 5:00 a.m. mornings. . . she groaned in her head.  The morning would have started normally. . .

If another hand hadn't placed itself on top of Yuki's in an attempt to turn off the alarm clock.

Yuki froze.  The arm attached to the hand was draped over her in an attempt to stop the ringing.  Once the ringing stopped. . .

"HOLY !!!" Yuki yelled, jumping out of bed.  Her sudden exclamation startled the sleeping figure next to her, causing him to fall off the edge of the bed.  Yuki's jaw hit the floor.

div6.png

The other members of the SHINee dorm were sleeping peacefully.  For them, it was a peaceful morning.  They were all still in the land of dreams, their thoughts remaining unbroken in the quiet morning.  Until. . .

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?!"

Jonghyun, Onew, Key, and Taemin sat up abruptly in their respective rooms at the sound of Yuki's voice.  Oh . . . the four thought simultaneously.  They ran out of their rooms and looked at each other warily before running down the hall to where Yuki's room was.  The door was slightly ajar, allowing the boys to listen to what was going on.

"What the am I doing in your room?" Minho asked, repeating Yuki's question incredulously, "THE ARE YOU DOING IN MY DORM?!"  He was rubbing his side painfully from the fall.  Yuki's eyes widened.

"YOUR dorm?  This is MY dorm!  How the hell did you even GET in here?!" she yelled back.

"Are you drunk?  This is a BOYS dorm.  Shouldn't you be in the f(x) dorm or something?"

"What?  No!  I LIVE here.  In the SHINee dorm.  As you can see, this is MY room, which has be customized according to MY taste and holds MY stuff.  Now that I've made that clear, care to explain what you're doing here?"

". . ." Minho remained silent.  The realization finally dawned upon both Yuki and Minho.

"OH NO," the pair yelled simultaneously.  Minho finally stood up from the ground, shaking the blankets off of himself.  Yuki stared at him.  Then her face turned red.  

He's shirtless, Yuki thought to herself.  For a split-second, Yuki looked at Minho's strong muscles and lean figure, temporarily forgetting the pair's current argument.  He's gotten a lot more muscular. . . she noted.  Then, she mentally slapped herself.  WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?!  "Y-YAH!" Yuki exclaimed, hating the stutter that came out of her voice, "GO PUT A SHIRT ON!!" 

Minho smirked.  "Like what you see?" he asked her, flexing.

"See what?" the girl scoffed, recovering from her earlier embarrassment, "there's nothing to look at."

"Oh really?" Minho asked, taking a few steps towards her, "so this doesn't bother you at all. . . right?" 

Yuki, who had taken a step backward at Minho's approach, shook her head rapidly, her face re-heating.  "N-n-no," she said.  DAMMIT, STOP STUTTERING! she mentally yelled at herself.  Minho smirked again, noticing Yuki's stutter and beet-red face.  "I mean. . . no, it doesn't.  I feel like I'm looking at a twig with legs.  I was just trying to help you; don't want to feel self-conscious when someone laughs at your so-called 'muscles' now do we?"  Minho growled at the insult.

"You're really asking for it Ice Princess," Minho said.  The girl pointedly ignored Minho's comment.  She picked up his clothes and flung them at his face.

"Get the hell out of my room," she said, "oh, and take your bags.  Unless you want me to throw those at you too."

"Where am I supposed to take them?" Minho protested, "Taemin told me this was my room!"  Yuki stopped dead.

The boys eavesdropping outside let out silent gasps.  Key made the connection first.  "Taemin. . ." Key said slowly, "which room did you tell Minho to put his stuff in last night?"  Taemin's eyes widened in horror as the realization dawned on him.

"Your room is the very first one down the hall on the left hand side, hyung."

"Taemin," Jonghyun hissed, smacking himself on the forehead, "it was the very first room down the hall on the RIGHT hand side!  You sent Minho to Yuki's room last night!!"

" !" Taemin cursed, "Noona's gonna kill-"

"THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS?!" the four jumped when Yuki's voice rang out from the bedroom, "THEY TOLD YOU TO COME IN MY ROOM?!"

"We're ed," Onew said.  No sooner had the words come out of his mouth, that the door was yanked open.  The four boys stumbled backwards in surprise.  All they had to do was take one look at Yuki's blazing eyes.  They were off running.

 

Yuki and Minho ate breakfast with the boys in the dorm.  Yuki had only stopped chasing them because Key was thoughtful enough to remind her (as she nailed him in the face with shoes) that Soo Man was the person who picked Minho's living quarters.  Yuki and Minho speared their food savagely, both in a rotten mood.  Not only did they have to be partners, but they had to LIVE with each other too.  Yuki had already thought of several ways to kill Soo Man by the time Onew spoke up.  "So Minho. . . How about we show you your real room and help you get unpacked?"

"That would be. . . nice," Minho responded slowly.  

"Great," Jonghyun said, clapping his hands together, "Yuki-ah, you can take care of the dishes right?"

Yuki glared at him.  He's got some nerve to order me around like that after yesterday, Yuki thought bitterly.  Before Yuki could even respond to Jonghyun, he said "great!" and dragged Minho down the bedroom hallway.  The other dorm members were quick to follow.  Yuki growled in her seat, but stood up and started gathering the plates, knowing that Key would have a fit if she just left them there.

"So, THIS is your real room," Onew said with a slight chuckle, leading Minho into the guest bedroom.  Minho looked around the room appreciatively; he already liked it.  

"It's great!" Minho said enthusiastically, setting his bags down.

"I'm glad you like it," Key said, "now, let's get you unpacked!"  Minho smiled in thanks as the boys took to getting Minho's things set.

About two hours later, Minho was set.  "Thanks for all your help guys!" Minho said, looking around at his new room.

"It's gonna be great having you with us Hyung!" Taemin said brightly.  The boy's voice must have been louder than normal because a second later, a noise of irritation was heard from the kitchen.

"The feeling is mutual," Minho said, glaring in the direction of the kitchen.  Suddenly, everyone's watches started beeping. 

"Ah. . . schedules!" Jonghyun said, tapping his touch-screen watch quickly.

It was now 7:00 a.m.  Yuki's watch had started beeping witdsh an alert for her schedule.  Every spy in S.M. was given a special watch.  The watch worked like a hologram (much like in the picture you saw) and was to be used during missions as well as matters relating to S.M., such as schedules and important announcements.  Yuki tapped her watch once and a hologram appeared in the air in front of her, holding her schedule.  Yuki touched the holographic screen, opening the flashing schedule labeled "SHINee."  The file opened instantly, typing out numbers in rapidly changing binary code before finally becoming coherent words.

Name:  Bul Yuki

Date:  Sunday; 29 September 2013

Schedule:  None.

"No training huh?" Yuki muttered, "Soo Man-ssi is probably giving me time off because of the mission.  Ah well, I might as well go anyways.  I have to turn in my report to him.  Maybe I can work on swordsmanship today."  Yuki walked to her room, noticing the silence of the dorm.  The boys must be getting ready, she thought.  Yuki opened her closet and started rooting through it, looking for something suitable to wear for swords training.  Finally, Yuki spotted an outfit and put it on her bed.  She had chosen a form-fitting tee shirt and black leggings.  The design of the tee shirt wasn't really Yuki's style.  For one, it was pink.  It had a sakura tree (japanese cherry blossom tree) design on it.  Yuki, however, had a particular fondness of the shirt because Key had given it to her as a present specifically for her training.  The leggings were also a gift from Key, but Yuki actually really liked those.  She thought that the streaks of lightning running across the leggings were pretty cool.  After tying her hair in a high ponytail, Yuki wrote a note to her fellow dorm members and left it on the kitchen counter.

Hey guys!  Yuki here :)  You probably noticed that I didn't have a schedule today (I see your face Jjong; get over it.  It's because I had a mission *rolls eyes*).  ANYWAYS, I have to drop my report off at the S.M. building anyways, so I figured I'd put in a little training time as well (and maybe yelling at Soo Man-ssi).  See you guys soon and have a good time training!

~Bul Yuki

After a moment of thought, Yuki grabbed a leather jacket along with her keys and post-mission report and headed out the door.

Yuki's motorcyle practically tore up the road in front of it as she rode down the streets towards the S.M. building.  You're probably wondering why Yuki isn't driving her Tesla.  Yuki loved her Model S Tesla, but it was "technically" S.M.'s property, so she couldn't take it out a lot.  She ESCPECIALLY was not allowed to drive it around like a normal car.  "Too conspicuous," Soo Man would tell her.  Yuki had grown fond of her motorcyle.  It was reliable, sleek, and very, very, fast. All though she was wearing a helmet, Yuki's long, dark brown hair blew in the breeze that the bike's speed was causing.  She received a few wolf-whistles from men along the way, but she made a point to ignore them.  "Arrogant fools," Yuki muttered to herself, "they're just lucky I can't commit local murder because of S.M."

Yuki pulled in to the S.M. building easily.  After parking, she sat up straight on her bike and removed her helmet, shaking out her hair.  Then, she placed both her helmet and her leather jacket on the handle of her bike.  Grabbing her report, Yuki approached the firmly shut, glass double doors of the S.M. building.  She pressed her palm against the handprint scanner located next to the door's handle.  "Voice identification please," a robotic male voice requested.

"Special Agent Bul Yuki.  Identification number 24291," Yuki said in a clear voice.  There was a moment of silence.  Then a twig like object began protruding from the handprint scanner.  The object unwinded a bit more until it became a long metal stick which immediately turned greened and started scanning Yuki's face.  After it finished, the stick-like object disappeared back into the handprint scanner.

"Identification confirmed.  Access granted," the robotic voice said, "welcome Agent Bul."  The glass doors swung open automatically, allowing Yuki to enter the building.  It was 8 in the morning.  Any spy on the premises is probably training somwhere, Yuki thought to herself as she approached Soo Man's cabin.  Yuki didn't bother knocking today.  She was too pissed at Soo Man.  She walked right through the door and slammed her file on top of the man's desk.  Soo Man, who had been reading another file, didn't even flinch.

"So, I trust you're having a good day off?" he asked casually.  Yuki growled in response, noticing that Soo Man was doing his best to suppress a smile.

"You did it on purpose."  It was a statement, not a question.  Soo Man hummed in response, still focused intently on the file he was reading.

"WHY are you so hell-bent on making my life miserable?!" Yuki demanded, throwing her hands in the air.  Soo Man stood up.

"Minho isn't part of S.M.," he said abruptly.

"I mean honestly, what have I ever done to- wait. . . what did you just say?" Yuki asked, stopping her tirade abruptly.

"He's a spy from North Korea that managed to infiltrate S.M. without our knowledge until Taemin discovered multiple out-of-country calls to North Korea on his cell phone," Soo Man said without breaking a sweat.  

Yuki was stunned into silence.  A few seconds passed.  Neither spoke.  Finally. . .

"Soo Man-ssi.  Choi Minho is a lot of things.  He's a flirt.  He's a jerk.  He's a hard-headed, conceited that looks like Keroro.  But. . . he.is.not.a.traitor," Yuki said.

"How would you know that?" Soo Man asked.

"I know that because I know that boy like the back of my hand," Yuki said without hesitating, "he would rather be tortured in the worst of ways before he even considered turning his back on this place."

"And there's your answer Agent Bul," Soo Man said, smiling.  Yuki stared at the elder man.

"You confuse me sometimes, Soo Man-ssi," she said.  Why did he try to convince me that Minho was the enemy?  No matter how much I hate that idiot, he would never. . . what is Soo Man playing at? she thought in confusion.  Soo Man just smiled at Yuki knowingly.

"Get going Agent Bul.  I know you're probably going to train anyways.  I don't want to cut into your morning.  I'm sure it's been quite. . . peaceful," he said with a small chuckled.  Yuki rolled her eyes, but started walking towards the door.

"Don't you know it," she said sarcastically, "see you later Soo Man-ssi."  The man watched as Yuki made her way out the door, no doubt to start training.

She pushes herself too hard, Soo Man thought to himself as he drank his coffee, I'm quite interested to see how her partnership with Choi Minho turns out. . .