Chapter 42: Push

S.M. Spies

It had been a month since Yuki and Minho had officially started dating.  Things had changed. . . but not too much.

For starters, the constant (and occassionally violent) arguments that used to occur in the SHINee dorms were replaced with ocassional, playful fights, laughter, and peace.  

Soo Man, who had caught wind of the new couple, feared that there would be problems.  So far, the relationships he'd seen in S.M. were usually between two people in two different branches of S.M.  He worried that their new found relationship would interrupt their focus on missions.

He couldn't have been more wrong.  Ever since the beggining of their relationship, Minho and Yuki's cooperation had increased ten-thousand fold. Every mission was a success and every enemy was beaten.  The duo's communication was flawless:  they could understand what the other was thinking solely by looks alone.  During a mission, Minho and Yuki's concentration was total:  there were no distractions, no messing around, nothing.  They were a seamless team, fit to become, as Soo Man had once said, his "Dynamic Duo."

There were smaller differences too.  Differences that made the girls squeal and the guys smirk.  

If Yuki was doing something that required concentration, Minho tended to look at her often.  He wouldn't say or do anything; he would just watch and offer help if he could.  

Yuki smiled a lot more when she was around Minho.  Her cheeks would always darken when the boy held her hand or looked into her eyes.

The two would share warm gazes frequently if they were in the same room, communicating using only their eyes.

According to many members of S.M., Minho and Yuki had the perfect relationship.

They were two people that knew everything about each other.  They had had enough arguments over the years to tolerate each other.  They could joke around with each other without fear of hurting the other's feelings.  They weren't clingy.  They showed enough affection for it to be adorable and NOT vomit worthy.  And most importantly. . .

they trusted each other.

There was a very small problem.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T KISSED HER YET?!" Jonghyun exploded.

Minho threw his hands in the air defensively.  "What's the problem?!" he shouted as his teammate and friend, "I don't want to push things!"

Jonghyun fell backwards on the couch, groaning in frustration as the other three boys laughed.

Minho, Taemin, Jinki, Key, and Jonghyun were sitting in the living room of their dorm, sleeping bags scattered on the floor and junk food piled onto the coffee table.  

Yuki had been dragged out of the dorm, overnight bag in hand, with Miyoung and Sulli claiming that she needed to "spend time away from boys and sit for some girl talk."  (MUCH to Yuki's dismay).  The boys decided that since Yuki was being dragged away for a sleepover, they might as well have their own has well (regardless of the fact that they all stayed in the same dorm).

"You guys have been dating for a month," Key emphasized dramatically, "how could it NOT have happened yet?"

"Don't you want to kiss her?" Taemin asked.

"Of course I do!" Minho said unashamedly.  He thought about the multiple time he and Yuki had almost kissed before they had gotten together.

He TOTALLY resented not making his move those times.

"Then do it!" Jinki exclaimed, throwing a pillow at Minho, "you guys have been dating for what?  A month now?  I kissed Miyoung as soon as she accepted my confession!"

"It's NOT that easy," Minho said, running a hand through his hair in frustration, "Ice Princess isn't some regular girl.  She's not into skinship AT ALL.  Why would I do something that would make her want to punch me in the face?"

"Seriously, Min?" Jonghyun questioned, sitting up and staring at his friend, "first the confession and now this?  I'm having a hard time believing that YOU'RE one of the most well-known players in Seoul."

"I AM!" Minho shouted, "at least. . . I WAS."  Until Ice Princess came back into my life.  

"You never know," Key said speculatively, "she could be waiting for you to make the first move."   Taemin chuckled.

"If that's the case," the boy said, "then you're just wasting time, Hyung."

"You totally want to kiss him," Tiffany said as she lounged on the couch of the Girls` Generation dorm.  Yuki flushed.

"Um. . . I. . . uh. . . never really thought about it," the girl said, scratching the back of her neck.

"I don't hear denial~" Bom sang as she painted Sulli's fingernails.

"Aish," Yuki muttered as she ran a hand through her hair, "how the hell am I supposed to know how I feel about this?!"

"You don't have to," Amber said, "we just know you do."

"Trust us," Miyoung said brightly as she sifted through different movies, "the desire to be kissed is purely instinctual.  If he moves in, you won't move back."

Yuki flushed as she rememberd the times that Minho had gotten close enough to kiss her in the past.  Unnie's right, she thought, I didn't move those times either.

"Your silence is telling us more than you think," Hyoyeon said with a wink.

"Come ON, Yuki," Luna said, "he loves you, you love him, just kiss and get it over with!"

"Well. . . I'm not exactly sure if I LOVE him. . ." Yuki said quietly, putting extra emphasis on the word "love."  Every girl in the dorm stopped moving.

"WHAT?!" they all shrieked as one.  Yuki jumped from the loud sound.

"Oh my god," she said, "I think you guys just broke my eardrums."

The girls ignored her.  "What do you MEAN you're not sure if you love him?!" Minzy exclaimed, "hasn't Minho Oppa told you that he loves you?"

"Yes. . ."

"And you accepted his confession?"

". . . yes."

"THEN HOW ARE YOU NOT SURE THAT YOU LOVE HIM?!"

"Oi, Minzy.  Chill," Sunny said, calming the girl down, "Yuki, what exactly do you mean?"'

Yuki looked down at her fingers.  "I. . . I'm not sure if these feelings I have for Keroro are strong enough to be called love. . ." she mumbled.

CL chuckled.  "Yuki-yah. . . have we not had this discussion already?"

"Neh. . ."

"Then you already know the answer to your uncertainty."

"I mean-"

"Yuki," Taeyeon said, "what is Minho's favorite color?"

"Blue," the girl answered automatically.

"What is Minho's favorite food?" Victoria then queried, catching on to what Taeyeon was doing.

"Ramen."

"What's his biggest fear?" Dara asked.

Yuki chuckled.  "Well. . . when he was younger, he had this really irrational fear of strawberries.  Can you believe he thought that they were poisonous insects?  Haha!  Oh, and he used to be scared of potholes.  His biggest fear?  Losing something that is very precious to him."

"*cough* you *cough*" Sulli said between coughs.

"Shut up," Yuki mumbled, blushing even more than before.

"Yuki, close your eyes for a sec," Jessica said.  After throwing the girl a suspicious glance, Yuki complied.

"Now," Jessica said, "who is the first person you see in your mind's eye?"

Of course, only one doe-eyed, Asian man came into sight.

"K. . . Keroro."

Yuki opened her eyes to find all of Girls` Generation, f(x), and 2ne1 smirking at her.

"You've been thinking about him ever since you got here," Amber said, "admit it."

"I-I was not!" Yuki said, flushing red.  

"Do you realize how many times you've spaced out since you've been here?" CL asked, "it's pretty obvious."

"Don't worry," Sooyoung said, chuckling at Yuki's embarrassed expression, "we've all been like that at some point in our lives."

"Don't doubt your feelings," Yoona said softly, "you're in love with him."

Yuki felt something warm stir in her stomach.  

They're right.  I. . . I'm in love with Keroro.

"You're so stupid sometimes," Yuri said, chuckling, "it took you a month of dating Minho to realize that you loved him?"

"Knock it off, Unnie," Yuki whined, "I just wanted to be sure!"

"Well, it looks like you're as sure as sure can get," Seohyun said with a silly grin.

"I agree!" Sooyoung chirped as she high-fived Seohyun.

"Uh. . . guys?" Yuki asked, "I. . . uh. . . I have a question. . ."  The girls hid their laughs as they noticed Yuki's red face.

"Sure, anything Yuki," Krystal said supportively.

"Uh. . . um. . . what's. . . what's it like to. . . you know. . . er. . . kiss someone?" Yuki asked hesitantly.  The girls in the room let out a collective sigh, each thinking about the memory of their own first kisses.

"It's. . . it's a little difficult to explain," Miyoung said.

"It's magical," Sulli said with a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Wait, so. . . the part about fireworks exploding in the sky is real?" Yuki asked, recalling the moments where the male protagonist would kiss the female lead in the books she read.

Bom smacked herself on the forehead.  "I can't believe your mind works so well when it comes to things regarding clues, weapons, and killing and it just stops working when it comes to something like love."

"YAH!"

"This really isn't something that can be explained," Sunny said in confusion.

"It kinda just has to happen," Dara elborated.

Yuki looked out the window.  "Something that just has to happen, huh?"


Hehe, I bet some of you freaked out when Yuki said she didn't love Minho ;P

Hey, flurries~ <3  How has your guys' week been?  I hope it's been going well~

Also, I hope you like this update ^_^  Like I said, I've decided to take a few chappies to focus more on Minho and Yuki's new found relationship~  Please comment and let me know if you like the development or if it's pissing you off LOL. 

Also, just in case anyone's wondering, fear not, this story isn't over yet >:)

On another note:  Thank you to those of you that were inquiring about me from the last update; I know I sounded a bit off.  The truth is, I've been having a rough time lately with school and at home and stuff.  It just hit me particularly hard the other week.  But don't worry; I'm okay.

I'm not one that acccepts defeat very easily; I always keep fighting ^_^

So yeah~~  On to the new flurries and up-voters!

Welcome to my story, new flurries!!  It's glad to see you here :)

 

 

 

 

 

Ohhhh and new UP-VOTERS!!  HUZZAH!! <3 THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! <33

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, guys, you know how it goes:

Subscribers get candy~

Commenters get cookies~~

Up-voters get CAKE~~~

okay not really but it's the thought that counts <3

Pleeeeeaaaaassseeee? :3

 

Okay guys, until next time!!  Have a good week!! ^_^ <3

~Yuki