Chapter 52: Escape

S.M. Spies

SURPRISE!!

So... I'M OFF HIATUS LOL (Only lasted a week but whatever xP)  And guess what??  My AP Exams are over!! HUZZAH~!  So yes!  An update for celebration!! <3


"Ugh, did she pass out again?" Raina complained, "I've been waiting all day to take out my frustration on her."

"Looks like it," Lizzy said in a bored tone of voice, "we can always wake her up."  

It was Nana that made the realization first.  "Guys. . ." she said, "I don't think she's unconscious."  

The two other girls raised an eyebrow at her.  "What do you mean?" Raina asked, "all we have to do is douse her with cold water and she'll wake up in a heartbeat."  Nana ignored the girl and quickly walked over to Yuki's form.  She picked up Yuki's wrist and pressed the pulse point.  After a few seconds, she released the girl's wrist.  Using two fingers, Nana pressed the side of Yuki's exposed neck.

"She's. . . she's dead," Nana said, her eyes widening in shock.

"WHAT?!" Raina and Lizzy shrieked in response, "impossible!"

"Her pulse is gone," Nana said flatly, "we need to get Wu.  Now."

"He's all the way on the other side of the S.S.D. building," Lizzy said, "it'll take us at least ten minutes to find him and bring him here." 

"It's not like she's going anywhere anyways," Raina said, "let's just go and get him.  Quickly."

The other two girls nodded in agreement and in the next second, Orange Caramel vanished from sight.  Yuki opened her eyes as soon as she heard the door close and the girls' footsteps fade.  She made sure that she made no move to switch her position as she was unsure whether or not there were cameras in the room.  The girl breathed deeply.   Stopping one's pulse was dangerously risky and could only be done for a short amount of time, usually one to two minutes.  Jinki had specifically warned Yuki to only use the technique in times of dire need and NEVER to use it more than once in one day.  Even now, Yuki's body was still shaking from her temporary "death."  Unfortunately, the girl knew that she would have to use the technique once more in order to fool Wu.  He would be the hardest to trick.  Already, the girl knew that Wu would attempt to physically hurt her in order to ensure that she was actually dead.  Thankfully, some good had come out of Yuki's situation.  Her pain level's were maxed out, meaning that no additional physical stresses could possibly make her pain any worse.  This worked to Yuki's advantage.  If she could stop her pulse at this pain level, then Wu's tactics wouldn't have any effect on her.

Yuki gave herself another two minutes to rest her body.  Yes, Jinki had warned her that attempting to fake her death in this manner more than once in one day was incredibly dangerous, but the girl was out of options.  All she needed to do was convince her captors that she was actually dead.  Then, HOPEFULLY, they would decide to dump her body in a river.  If they did, the girl supposed she could gather enough strength to pull herself out.  Then, the next problem was getting back across the border, but she could deal with that later.  Her invisible ear piece and watch were still on her; they just weren't working because of the difference in frequency waves.  Once she was far enough out of reach, they should start working again.  Of course, so many things could go wrong.

They could throw her off a cliff. . . bury her. . . set her on fire. . . such lovely choices, no?

Well. . . it's the only chance I got, I suppose, Yuki thought grimly, dying's probably a better option than staying in this hell anyways.  After she finished formulating her plan, Yuki figured she had about two minutes to throw up her act again.  The girl relaxed her body once more, attempting to throw herself back into her previous stupor.  Jinki's words about the dangers of trying to stop her pulse more than once in one day ran through her mind again, but she forced herself to block out the thought.  Right now, she needed to focus.  Yuki took another breath and dragged up a picture from the depths of her mind to focus on.  She smiled when the picture came into view in her mind's eye.  It was a photograph, one of herself with her original team [A/N:  Do me a favor and replace Minho with Yuki in the picture, okay?? :P].  It was from the first vacation that the five of them had taken as a team.  It was one of the girl's favorite memories with the boys.  The time when Jinki had first voiced his desire to have a snowball fight with his team members and Yuki had grinned, picking up a bit of snow and lobbing the newly formed snowball at him.  

Yuki felt her body relax once more, the tension flowing out of her system as the pain became easier to ignore.  Finally, Yuki managed to return to her "dead" state, and not a minute too soon.  The door slammed open once more to reveal Wu.  Noticing Yuki's still form, the man hurried over, not quite able to believe his eyes.  He immediately checked the girl's major pulse points.  His jaw dropped when he felt nothing.  

Impossible, Wu thought, I made sure that I didn't do anything that would push her to death. . .

His mind immediately flew to the next possibility:  She was faking.  Wu grabbed the back of Yuki's head and yanked it upwards to look at her heavily injured face.  The girl's head simply lolled to the side like a ragdoll's.  Again, Wu pressed his fingers against Yuki's pulse points.  There was still no movement.

Perhaps I overestimated her endurance levels, the man thought, frowning, that's not impossible.  Oh well, her death was inevitable.  She wasn't giving any information as it was.

Wu straightened up, releasing his grip on Yuki's head.  "She really is dead," Wu said.  The three girls gasped.  "Stop being so melodramatic," he snapped, "it was going to happen anyways.  Go dispose of the body."

Raina, Nana, and Lizzy wrinkled their noses.  "Ew, why us?" Nana asked, "I don't want to touch her."

"I just don't want to carry her all the way out of here.  I'd rather NOT risk getting blood stains on my clothes, thanks," Lizzy said.

Wu growled in irritation.  THIS is the problem with having women in the military, he mentally snarled.  "FINE," he snapped, "go get Choi and return here."  The three girls bowed and exited the room.

"I suppose you really were weaker than I thought you were, Agent Park Kota," the man said, looking at Yuki's "lifeless" figure, "what a shame.  I was hoping you would give me as good of a show as Agents Ryu and Bul had.  Ah well, I suppose everything happens for a reason.  Such a shame, such a shame. . ."

It was then that Orange Caramel entered the room again, this time with Minho behind them.  "Ah good, Choi, you're here.  If you don't mind. . . I have a bit of. . . trash that needs to be disposed of."  He gestured towards Yuki's body.  "I seemed to have overestimated your ex-partner's endurance.  She didn't last very long.  I just need you and the girls to get rid of her.  Dead bodies tend to leave the most horrible stench behind and I'd rather not have to work in a room that's going to make me want to vomit because of the smell."

"Sure," Minho said, not even sparing a glance at Yuki, "just tell me where you want me to throw it."  Wu raised an eyebrow.  Wow, he thought, the boy really is on our side.  I've never seen such a cold-hearted spy before.  Well, besides myself.  

"Initially, I was just going to have her body cremated, but now that I think about it. . . perhaps it's best to give the South Koreans a little gift from us?"

Raina cocked her head to the side in confusion.  "Hm?" she asked, "I don't think I understand. . ."

"Throw the body in the Imjin River," Wu said, "the body should cross the demilitarized zone of the border.  The South Koreans are bound to see it.  At least. . . as long as the body hasn't decomposed too much because of the water."  A cold chuckle left the man's lips.  Minho and the girls laughed along with Wu.  A few seconds later, the man gestured to the body once more.  "Now, get rid of this burden and report back.  Understood?"

The group snapped a salute.  Minho walked towards Yuki's body and removed the ropes that were binding her to her chair.  As soon as the ropes came undone, Yuki slumped forward.  Minho caught her form before it could hit the ground.  He effortlessly pulled her into his arms, carrying her bridal-style.  He turned to the girls.

"After you, Minho Oppa," Nana said, smiling.  Minho nodded and bowed to Wu before carrying Yuki out the door of the Interrogation Room.  Nana, Lizzy, and Raina followed right behind him.

The walk down to the Imjin River was pretty silent.  The girls threw Minho a few flirtatious comments ("Oppa, are you busy tonight?  We could have some fun at my place."  "You're soooo handsome, Oppa.  This is exactly why we should be a couple!  The prettiest girl with the most handsome guy."  "Oppa, don't you wish it were me in your arms instead of that junk?") all to which Minho responded with a chuckle and a flirtatious response of his own.  

It was dark, the sun had already set and the moon was shining in the sky.  The light from the moon was dim, but it was enough to make the trees cast wicked shadows on the ground.  The dried grass crackled underneath the group's feet and they made their way to the border.  Finally, they arrived at the unguarded section of the river.  Minho stopped abruptly, right before the edge of the running body of water.  Likewise, Nana, Raina, and Lizzy stopped as well.  

"What's wrong, Oppa?" Raina asked, "just toss her in."

"Yeah," Nana said, "just do it."

Minho looked at Yuki's face.  Then, he gently placed the girl on the grass.  He touched her cheek very lightly, careful to avoid the scratches and scars.  Two of his fingers then moved down to the girl's neck.  He pressed down gently on an area between the girl's neck and collarbone.

Thud.  Thud.  Thud.

I knew it.

"O-Oppa?" Lizzy said, "what. . . what are you doing?"

Minho took of his coat and placed it beside Yuki.  Then, he straightened and turned around to face the three girls.  "Sorry ladies," he said, "but there's one thing that you don't seem to know about me:  I'm a flirt, I'm a jerk, and I'm a hard-headed, conceited .  But I will NEVER betray my country.  And that's Choi Minho's promise."

Lizzy, Raina, and Nana stared at Minho, their eyes wide open and their jaws dropping.  "This is a joke, right?" Lizzy asked, her voice beginning to shake, "a joke."

"No," Minho said, shaking his head and chuckling, "sorry, but it looks like I managed to fool all of you.  Don't feel very bright now, do you?"

"Oppa, we trusted you!" Nana shouted, "how could you do this?!"

Minho cocked an eyebrow.  "You have a lot of nerve to say something like that, you manipulative ."

The girls gasped.  Finally, Raina stiffed.  "Oh, you messed with the wrong girls, er."  The three drew their blades.   

"We're VERY unforgiving people.  Don't expect to leave this place alive," Lizzy said.  Minho smirked and slipped into his fighting stance.

"Try me."

With a wild shriek, the three girls ran straight towards Minho, murder on their minds.  Minho side-stepped Nana's first swing while catching Raina's arm and throwing her into Lizzy.  Raina and Lizzy when crashing to the ground while Nana managed to flip backwards and land a nice sized cut on Minho's arm.  The boy hissed in pain, but grabbed Nana's hand and sent his knee flying into her stomach.  Meanwhile, Lizzy and Raina had recovered from Minho's previous attack and were now attempting to double-team him.  Lizzy came at him from the left and Raina from the right.  The boy jumped straight up at the right moment and performed a split in mid air, hitting both girls in the face with his feet.  Nana's shriek alerted Minho to the fact that he had just royally pissed off a very deadly lady.  The girl slashed her knives in an "X" formation.  The boy stepped back just in time, although he couldn't stop the front of his shirt being slashed.  "That was one of my favorite shirts," the boy mumbled.  Quickly, Minho pulled his own daggers out of his back pocket.  Nana gasped.

"H-how did you-"

"I'm a lot faster thank you think," Minho said, winking.  He lunged forward, blades ready to embed themselves in Nana's chest.  The girl jumped back, but recovered quickly.

"NOW!" she shouted.  Minho looked at her bewildered.  Suddenly, the rustling of leaves got his attention.  He looked up just in time to see Lizzy and Raina fly into the air from two different trees.  The two performed a clean somersault as they crossed each other through the air.  As they came down, they allowed their hands to snap straight, releasing a barrage of throwing stars and daggers at Minho.  

Minho's eyes widened.  He threw his daggers sharply on either side of him and somesaulted backwards to avoid the deadly wave.  "GAHHHHHHHHH!" he shouted.  Although the boy had managed to avoid the attack mostly without harm, one of the throwing stars had managed to embed itself in his leg.  There were two heavy thuds a few feet on either side of the boy.  Lizzy was gasping and coughing, clutching at the bloody dagger lodged in her chest.  Raina wasn't fairing any better.  There was a nasty gash across and the girl was practically clawing at the grass.

"LIZZY!" Nana shrieked in horror, "RAINA!" 

Lizzy had fallen to the ground and was being swallowed by her convulsions.  Finally, she stilled, her breathing shallow.  Raina, breathing harshly, dragged herself forward using her hands, her blood smearing on the grass.  Then, she too, stopped moving.

Finally, the only noises that could be heard were the sound of Minho's and Nana's breaths.

Lizzy and Raina were dead.

A wild, animal-like scream left Nana's lips.  Minho grit his teeth in pain.  There was no way he'd be able to take out Nana in his condition, and he had already thrown his daggers.  It was then that Nana finally turned her attention to the boy.

"You," she snarled viciously, "I'm going to kill you.  And I'm going to make sure your death is so ing painful that the devil himself would be afraid to cross paths with me."

, Minho cursed as he attempted to drag himself to his feet, I'm dead.  

Nana stalked towards Minho, pulling out two or three sharp and not-so-friendly looking objects from her sleeves.  Minho tried to drag himself backwards, but he knew that he would be too slow.  There was no getting out of this.  Nana raised her weapons.  Minho closed his eyes.

BANG!

Minho's eyes flew open.  He looked down at himself.  I. . . I'm alive?  But the gunshot. . . His gaze immediately flew to Nana.  She was just standing there.  Her face had a look of confusion on it.  Slowly the girl reached behind her back.  Then, she brought her hand back to her face.  

It was bloody.

The girl continued to stare at her hand with a look of bemusement on her face, as if she had not yet fully processed that she had just been fatally shot.  She took two steps towards Minho.

BANG! 

Nana fell to the earth, dead.  There was a bullet in the back of her head and one in her back.

Minho's eyes widened in shock.  He looked around, trying to find the source of the gunshot.  The click! of a gun being cocked drew his eyes to where Yuki lay.  And there the girl was, trying to support herself with one hand, her gun now trained on Minho.

It was then that the boy realized that he had never removed his gun from his coat pocket.  

Yuki's finger wrapped itself around the gun's trigger, her eyes trained on the boy 50 feet in front of her.  She tried to push forward once again, but at that moment, the last of her strength left her and the girl sank into unconsciousness, her head hitting the ground and the gun falling out of her grasp.

Minho breathed in relief.  He looked at the throwing star still embedded in his leg.  Gritting his teeth and taking a deep breath, the boy removed it with a swift yank and a long hiss of pain.  Then, Minho forced himself to stand,  Shakily, he limped his way towards where Yuki's unconscious form lay.  After putting on his coat, Minho removed Taemin's special polythene band from his pocket and put it on.  He put his hand in his pocket again and sighed.  He started slightly when he felt his fingers touch something cold in his pocket.  He removed his hand to find Yuki's necklace tangled into the dragon bracelet he had given her.  Carefully, the boy untangled the necklace from the bracelet and bent down, ignoring the sharp pain in his leg.  Then, he gently placed Yuki's necklace back around the girl's neck, where it belonged.  He looked at the bracelet fondly, and, after a moment's hesitation, clasped it around Yuki's chafed wrist.  Finally, Minho touched the center of his polythene bracelet, allowing the material to slither up his arm and around his back to make the jet pack.  He gathered Yuki's unconscious form in his arms and painfully stood up.  The jet pack came to life once Minho pressed a button on the side of the metal.  The jet pack easily lifted the pair high into the air, high enough for them not to be noticed by any onlookers, and took off towards South Korea.

Towards Home.


Although I really thoroughly enjoyed reading how badly you guys wanted to destroy Minho for being a traitor, I figured it was about time that I revealed that he was a triple-crosser in favor of S. Korea xD  So yay!  He's not actually a traitor! :D  I'm sure you guys REALLY REALLY love me right now :3  lol srsly plz don't kill me.  

Anyways, let's say 'hello' to our new Flurry!!!  Hi, and thank you for subbing!! ^_^
 

 

steph2256


steph2256 

I hope you guys enjoy this update!!!  Don't worry, the story's not close to being over yet!! :P  I guess I'll see you guys next week with the next update?? :)  See ya!

~Yuki