Chapter 22: Summons

S.M. Spies

Happy Thanksgiving everyone~ <3  A little something from me :)

On this site, I'm thankful for my loyal commenters and subscribers, as well as the friends I have made here.  Thank you for everything~ <3333


"J-Joon?" Yuki stuttered as Minho threw his arms around her, "what are you doing. . .?" 

Finally, Minho realized that he was hugging Yuki.  Immediately, he released the girl and cleared his throat.  The look on his face, however, was that of unmistakeable relief.  However, noticing the awkward position he was placed in, Minho decided toimprovise.  "Ew, Kota?" he said, wrinkling his nose, "I thought you were that girl on the pink motorcycle.  Now SHE was hot."  Yuki shoved the boy in annoyance.

"Oh, get over her, Joon.  She looked like she wanted to kill you," she said, rolling her eyes.  Suddenly, Daewook appeared out of the crowd and grabbed Yuki and Minho into a bone-crushing hug.

"JESUS CHRIST, THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!  You guys are just as good as you were before!" he said.

"Nah," Minho said.

"We're better," Yuki finished, smirking. 

"Um. . .by the way, Kota," Minho said, "what happened to your earpiece?  It went dead while we were racing."  He was trying not to sound like he cared too much.  Key word:  trying.

"Oh!" Yuki exclaimed, "that on Bike 3 tried to pick me up by the helmet and throw me off my bike, so I had to ditch my helmet.  The wirings in my earpiece must have gotten messed up because of that.  Let me see if I can fix it."  Quickly, the girl removed her earpiece and toyed with the small, yet detailed, wiring.  A few seconds later, her face brightenede.  "Ah, I think I got it."  She clipped her earpiece back on and spoke into it.  "Testing, testing. . ." Yuki said slowly.

Minho gave her a thumbs up.  "Back online," he said.

"Excellent," Yuki replied.  Before she could say anything, both Minho and Yuki's earpieces exploded with noise.

"I KNEW YOU GUYS COULD DO IT!" Sihyun cheered.

"There was never a doubt about it!" Junghan and Haru yelled.

"Are either of you two hurt?!" Key's frantic voice questioned.

"Did you guys run everyone else into the ground?" Jonghyun asked in excitement.

"Noona, Hyung?  Is there anything that you guys CAN'T do?" Taemin asked in wonder.

Minho and Yuki chuckled at the sudden outbursts of their friends.  "I'm going to assume you filled them in," Yuki said with a meaningful look at Daewook.  The man winked.

"Guilty," he said, chuckling.

"Thanks guys," Minho said, "Key, we're both fine.  No worries.  Jonghyun, hell yeah we did!  Taemin, that's a fair question.  Nothing comes to mind at the moment, keke."

"Say, Daewook Hyung," Yuki said as the chatter died down, "where's our trophy?  I expect a trophy."

Daewook simply chuckled.  "Of course you do.  Get changed first.  Both of you.  The trackmaster wants to meet you two for some reason.  He probably has your trophy too."

Minho and Yuki exchanged looks.  "Hyung, we have an assignment, remember?" Minho said uneasily.

"Yeah, I know.  But it's an urgent request.  And you can't really turn down a trackmaster."

"Check the target's location, Keroro," Yuki said.  Minho looked at his watch quickly. 

"He hasn't moved," Minho said, "according to this, they're still somewhere near the track."

"You two have got time," Jonghyun said, "go have a chat with the trackmaster.  Who knows?  Maybe he can provide you guys with information regarding the spy."

"Actually," Taemin spoke up, "you guys really DO have time.  I intercepted some messages coming in from North Korea's base, earlier.  Nickhun Hyung just got them back to me.  Apparently, the meeting with our 'special guest' won't take place for another hour and a half or so."

"I've already picked outfits for you," Key said, "so don't bother.  I sent Daewook Hyung the pictures.  Hopefully, he found something similar to what I had in mind."

"Key. . ." Yuki growled in warning.

"Nope~" Key said cheekily, "too late!  I'm pretty sure Hyung already got the outfits."

Yuki shot a glare at Daewook, who merely chuckled.  "Sorry.  I take full blame."

"Kibum, I swear to god if there's something up with the clothes you picked-" Yuki started to threaten.

"Come on, Ice Princess.  I want my trophy.  Let's just go change already," Minho said, nudging Yuki in the stomach.

"Don't worry guys," Jonghyun said, chuckling, "I helped out.  You'll find a couple of. . . surprises with those outfits."

Still grumbling, Yuki followed Daewook and Minho away from the track

div6.png

The change of clothes Key picked out for Minho and Yuki surprisingly made them blend in better with the Underworld crowd.  Of course, he yet again had the pair wear complementing outfits.  Yuki was wearing a black, leather motorcycle jacket with black jeans and combat boots (this except the jeans are black) while Minho wore a similar black getup with a white T-Shirt underneath (this).  The black-on-black outfits the two wore allowed them to blend easily into the crowd.  Jonghyun did not disappoint.  Both spies had a clever concealed pistol hidden in their respective jackets along with two daggers each.  Daewook had walked with the two as far as the entrance to the club.  Then, his phone started beeping.  After exchanging words with the person on the end of the line, the man hung up.  "Sorry guys," Daewook said, "looks like trouble's stirring back in Seoul.  Couple of up-starts are causing some trouble.  I'm gonna have to take off.  The guys your looking for would be located upstairs in the room overlooking the club."

" 'Guys'?" Minho questioned, "you mean there's more than one?"

"Of course," Daewook responded, "the track is controlled by a gang of seven boys, probably about your age.  Anyways, good luck.  Hopefully all goes well for you two."

"Thanks Hyung," Minho and Yuki said with a quick nod.  With that, Daewook left the track.  "Well. . . let's get a move on then," Yuki said, walking into the club. Minho stared after her for a second before rolling his eyes and following.

The club must have been a hot commodity for members of the Underworld, seeing that it was located right across Ansan's race track.  Minho and Yuki wove their way through the mass of bodies, finally arriving at a metal staircase.

"What business do you have here little lady?" a buff-looking bodyguard asked, eyeing the girl in front of him.

Yuki looked at the man.  "We were summoned," Yuki said as Minho came up to stand next to her.

"Names?"

"Choi Joon," Minho said.

"Park Kota," Yuki said.

"You two new?"

"Only to this particular entrance," Yuki replied.

"Otherwise, we were born and bred in the Underworld," Minho continued.

The man deliberated for a few seconds.  "Wait here," he said gruffly before walking up the stairs and inside the room.  Minho and Yuki exchanged glances as they waited.  The DJ of the club was blaring music as a deafening volume, leaving Minho and Yuki unable to converse.  They stared at each other, having a silent conversation.

Amazingly enough, they were able to understand each other simply through looks alone.

So?  How do you wanna roll?

We'll see what they want first.  If they like us enough, we can ask for information.

And if they're in cahoots with the spy?

Well. . . then we're dead.

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine?

Minho chuckled at Yuki's sarcastic look, having gotten the gist of what she was thinking.  Suddenly, the bodyguard appeared before the two again.  "Follow me," he said.  The two nodded and walked up the steps.  The man opened the door and allowed Minho and Yuki to step through it before shutting it again.  Everything became silent.

This room must be soundproof, Minho thought idly, that's probably a bad thing. . .

The V.I.P. Room was dimly lit.  Minho and Yuki could make out couches brought together in the form of a "U", but they could only see the silhouettes of the people sitting there.  Directly across the couch was a wall made entirely out of glass that over-looked the club scene below.  Before Minho and Yuki could take another step, two more bodyguards appeared from the darkness and approached them.  The first guard went to Minho and the second guard went to Yuki.  They immediately began patting the pair down for weapons.  Minho was forced to relinquish his gun as well as his daggers.  The guard in front of Yuki was moving slowly, smirking at her as he began to search for concealed weapons.  Yuki saw through the man easily.

"Keep your hands on me only as long as you have to for the check," she growled.

"And if I don't?" the guard asked.  Minho stiffened as he heard those words.  He immediately shook it off.

, was is UP with me lately? he thought to himself, why am I being so weird about her being around other guys?  It's just Ice Princess.  It's not like she's important to me or anything.

"Other than the fact that I know how to hit 32 places in the human body that could kill or paralyze you, I also have the ability to send your sorry flying out that window, er," Yuki responded sharply.

"Ah, so it really is them," one of the silhouettes lounging on the couch said, "Song, get your hands off of her.  She was serious about that threat."  That voice is so familiar. . . Minho and Yuki thought.  The man called Song stepped away from Yuki.  He pulled out his gun instead and pointed it at her. 

"I'm going to have to ask that you kindly remove any weapons on your person," Song said, "seeing that your friend over there possessed weaponry, I expect that you do too."  Yuki fished her gun and daggers out of her jacket and flung them at the man's feet in disgust.  Like that can stop me, Yuki thought, I could kill you with my bare hands if I wanted to.  

"Sorry babe, you're going to have to go.  I got work to do," another one of the men sitting at the couches said.  A figure sniffed snobbishly and stood up from the couch.  

"Fine," the figure said in a distinctly female voice, pouting.  Minho noticed that the woman was dressed in a very skimpy, sleeveless, red mini-dress.  Typical for a club, he noted.  Then the girl spotted Yuki and her face turned into a sneer.  "Oh, so you got bored with me already?" she called over her shoulder.  She looked Yuki up and down.  "I'm way better looking than she is anyways."  Finally, she addressed Yuki.  "He'll always think that I'm better, ," she said snobbishly.  Yuki looked so bewildered that Minho would have laughed if they weren't in a potentially dangerous situation.

"What the actual ?" Yuki asked, "what did you say I was here for?"  The girl said nothing and simply pushed Yuki roughly, causing her to stumble into Minho, who caught her reflexively.  Then, the girl stormed out of the room.  

Yuki's face reddened at the close proximity between herself and Minho.  What the hell? she thought, what's up with me?!  It's just Keroro.  Why is it so hot in here?  Minho cleared his throat awkwardly and let go of Yuki.  "," Yuki said outloud, "we'll see what she says to me after I drag her pretty little back in here."  

"Cool it, Ice Princess," Minho said, "she's not your priority.  We have business here."  The bodyguard next to Minho stepped aside and motioned for the pair to continue on.  Minho and Yuki approached the couches with caution, not sure what to expect.  Yuki her dragon pendant nervously.  Their bodies were tense, as if they were expecting a fight.  Finally, the famous gang of Ansan could be seen clearly.

"Well I'll be damned," Minho said with a wide grin on his face, immediately relaxing.

There were seven men sitting on the couch.  At first glance, they all appeared to resemble rugged pirates.

There was a man sitting on the middle couch.  He had long, dirty blonde dreads that were styled slightly like a mullet.  He wore the classic trench coat usually associated with powerful men of the Underworld except that instead of the standard black, it was white and appeared to have multi-colored flowers on it; despite the odd trench coat, it was clearly established that he was the leader of the gang.

To his immediate left was a man with slightly boyish features.  He has slightly ruffled, dark brow hair that was pushed up out of his eyes by a black bandana.  The man wore what appeared to be a tan construction-worker type jump suit that was pulled down and tied to his waist, revealing a black T-Shirt, as well as a necklace made out of wooden beads.

Next to that man was a man with bleach blonde hair with part of it tied up in a small bun.  He had an almost regal look about him considering his clothes and sharp facial features.  The man wore black leather pants and a red, military styled jacket, followed by an eye-patch covering his right eye.

On the far left of the couches sat a man wearing a studded leather jacket that was cut off at the shoulders.  Underneath that jacket he wore a tight, long sleeved shirt outlining his toned arms and matching black jeans.  The front of his dark hair was gelled upwards and styled.

On the gang leader's immediate right, there was a man wearing a leapord printed blazer, opened to reveal his toned chest.  He had a slightly disgruntled look on his face, making him appearing to be the man that the girl from earlier was addressing.  He had long, shaggy, brown hair that was tied back into a ponytail.

Next to this man was a man twirling a pistol in his hand.  His slightly tousled brown hair was also styled and gelled upwards.  He had a bit of an arrogant look on his face as he took aim at random objects around the room.  His face, however, also had multiple cuts and bruises on it, as if he had just finished a brawl.  He wore a pure black, wife-beater tank top that showed off his muscled arms and black jeans.  Along with that, he wore a silver necklace and two metal bracelets.  

Finally, on the far right of the couches, there sat a man that could have passed for a teenager.  He had soft facial features, bright eyes, and tousled, reddish-brown hair.  In his hand, he had a wickedly sharp, machete-type blade.  The man wore a grey collared shirt with the cuffs of the sleeves ed and rolled up to his elbow along with black pants and converse that reached up past his ankles.

[A/N:  Have you guys guessed it yet? ;D]

"If it isn't Block B," Yuki said, smirking, the tense atmosphere from earlier completely gone.

The seven men's faces immediately broke out into grins.  "Remember us?" the apparent leader of the group asked, standing up.

"Of course we do, Zico!" Minho said, bumping shoulders with the man.

"You seriously need better taste in women, Jaehyo," Yuki said, rolling her eyes at the male wearing the leopard printed blazer lounging on the couch, "that girl was a complete ."

"She was pretty!" Jaehyo attempted to justify, "I AM sorry she pushed you though."

"Jaehyo Hyung, no offense, but you would think a chicken in a dress was pretty too.  Just saying," the bleach blonde man spoke up, causing Jaehyo to raise his voice in protest, "oh by the way.  Hey Minho Hyung!  Hey Yuki Noona!  Long time no see!"

"How's it going maknae?" Minho asked jokingly, laughing as the man rolled his eyes, "keke, yes we'll always call you maknae, P.O.  I thoght I made that clear when we were younger."

"Hey, Yuki," the man with the beat-up face and pistol muttered, "I believe this is yours. . ."  He tossed her a silver helmet, which Yuki caught reflexively with one hand.  There was two beats of silence as the eight boys in the room watched Yuki's face dawn in comprehension.

"SO YOU WERE THE ER ON THE BLACK BIKE!" she shouted angrily, " YOU, U-KWON!  YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!"

U-Kwon raised his hands defensively.  "I think I've been punished enough with my face!  AND I lost my bike to the river.  I would have died if I hadn't jumped off of it in time!"

Yuki took two steps forward.  "YOU DIRTY, CHEATING, SON-OF-A-!  YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR FACE WHEN YOU TRIED TO ING THROW ME OFF MY BIKE?!"  Yuki looked like she was about ready to slaughter U-Kwon when the child-like boy jumped in front of her.

"Aw, don't be mad Yuki!" he pleaded, showing the girl his puppy-eyes, "U-Kwon didn't know it was YOU on the bike!  If he did, he never would have tried to hurt you!  I promise~!"  He did look adorable. . . except for the fact that he was still holding his machete.

Zico and Minho smirked.  "P.O. may be the maknae of your gang," Minho muttered to Zico, "but Kyung wins the aegyo competition among you guys by a land slide."

"Agreed," Zico whispered back, watching Yuki finally agree to Kyung's words.

"Arasso, Kyunggie!" Yuki said in exasperation, "I'll only forgive him because you asked me too!"  She ruffled his hair like she would always do with Taemin.

"Yah~" U-Kwon whined, "you know you love me, Yuki!"

"I did, head," Yuki said, rolling her eyes, "until you tried to ing kill me."

"I see your personality hasn't changed a bit," the bandana-haired boy chuckled, "still as sharp-tongued and violent as ever, Yuki-ah."

"Don't you know it, Taeil Hyung," Minho said, rolling his eyes and shooting a glance at Yuki, "she's still the classic, y little Ice Princess you knew as a teenager."

" you, Keroro."

"I see your guys' relationship hasn't changed at all either," the man with the studded leather jacket said, laughing.

"Right you are, Minhyuk," Yuki said, still glaring at her partner.

"Haven't you heard my new name yet, Yuki?" the man asked.

"New name?" Minho and Yuki repeated in confusion.

"That's right," the man replied, "my name's B-Bomb in the Underworld, now."

"Oh, cool kid," Yuki said sarcastically.

"Watch out, we gotta bad over here," Minho continued in a teasing manner.

"Yah!" B-Bomb yelled indignantly as the others roared in laughter.

Block B was a gang that Minho and Yuki met when they were thirteen years old.  Although Taeil had been the oldest member of the gang, being fifteen at the time, it was thirteen year old Zico that had led the gang.  Yuki and Minho had become fast friends with Block B, the pair having been stuck in a tight situation before the gang showed up and gave them a hand.  Even though they hadn't spoken to each other in years, the strong bond of comeraderie among them remained as strong as ever.

Yuki and Minho plopped down on the comfortable couches, exhausted from the excitement they had gone through so far.  The members of Block B also decided to sit in their seats again.  "We heard the names Joon and Kota at the race sign-ups and got curious," Zico finally started explaining.

"Kyung and B-Bomb had just finished the car portion of the night's races, so we sent U-Kwon out to compete for this race," Taeil explained, "he wasn't supposed to try to kill you though, Yuki."

"I already said I was sorry!" U-Kwon shouted in annoyance, "you guys all ."

"You more for almost killing Yuki!" Kyung retorted, pouting at his friend. 

"Yah!  You're turning my own gang members against me, Yuki~," U-Kwon said, glaring playfully at the girl across from him.  The girl snickered and flashing U-Kwon her signature two- salute and wink.

"So tell us guys," Taeil said, leaning back comfortably, "what's been going on with you two?  It's not that we're not happy to see you or anything, but returning back to the tracks after such a long disappearance?  And that too in Ansan?  Something's up."

Minho and Yuki snuck a glance at each other.  Out of the entire gang, Taeil had always been the most observant.  Still, they were hoping that he wouldn't catch on so easily.  Well, there goes that, Minho thought, mentally slapping himself on the forehead.

"I decided to get a job," Yuki lied, "I work as a banker in Incheon.  Keroro here works as a professional motorcycle mechanic in the same area."

They may be friends, she thought to herself, but we don't know what their standing with that spy is yet.

Thankfully, Minho made no comment on Yuki's lie.

"Then why come to Ansan for an illegal street race?" Jaehyo asked, looking at the the two suspiciously. 

"Once you've set foot on the tracks, you never want to leave," Minho said easily, quoting Sihyun, "I tried racing officially for a while, but the official races don't give you the same type of adrenaline rush that the Underground tracks do, you know?"

At this statement, P.O. and Zico gave a nod of understanding.  "We know exactly what you mean," P.O. said.

"But still. . . Ansan?  You guys know Seoul's track is better," B-Bomb said.

"All right, all right, you caught us," Yuki said, putting her hands in the air.  Minho shot her a look of warning.  "The truth is, a couple nights ago, Keroro and I went gambling.  Some -face that joined the game cheated us out of our winnings and ran off with all the money.  We've been tailing him ever since.  Keroro found a lead on him just earlier today that lead us to Ansan's Underground.  We're trying to see if we can find him.  Our guess is is that if he's got that much money on him, he's planning something big.  We suspect that he might be trying to hold a meeting with some of the Underworld's bosses.  Normally, we wouldn't have a problem with that.  Except that he's planning on paying with our money."

Yuki spoke so convincingly that had Minho not known any better, he too would have believed her words.  The seven other boys in the room nodded understandingly.  They looked at each other questioningly.

"Something wrong, guys?" Minho asked innocently.

"Well. . ." B-Bomb started, "there is a meeting going on today. . . what did you say this guy of yours looked like again?"

"He was basically wearing all black," Minho explained, "black coat, black fedora, black sungasses. . . you get the idea."

"That's the guy. . ." Kyung muttered, frowning at the floor.  Minho and Yuki noticed the atmosphere in the room suddenly become darker.  Bingo, they thought.

"It's okay, Zico.  We can trust them," Taeil told the leader, "they already have a problem with him.  It's not like they like him anyways."  Zico sighed, but nodded at his friend's words.

"Okay, so. . . we think that your guy is the same guest that we have in the Underworld today," Zico finally told Minho and Yuki.  It didn't escape the pair's notice how Zico's lips curled in disgust at the word "guest."  

"According to what we've heard," U-Kwon continued to explain, "this. . . guest is actually a member. . . of North Korea's spy base.  I know it sounds crazy, but. . ."

Minho and Yuki made sure to put the proper expressions of surprise on their faces.  "That's insane," Yuki said, "what would a member of North Korea's spy base be doing in South Korea's Underworld?"

"The bosses came down to talk to Zico the other day," Kyung said, "they asked for permission to hold the meeting in Ansan."

"Hyung said he wouldn't have any of it unless he knew what the hell was going on," P.O. said, remembering the heated conversation from two nights ago.

"When I found out the reason for the meeting," Zico said, "I declined immediately.  Unfortunately, once of the bosses was kind enough to remind me that I only had control of the track and not of the entirely of Ansan."

"But did you find out what the meeting was about?" Minho asked, suddenly leaning forward in his seat.

"Yeah," Jaehyo said bitterly, "this meeting is reaching far beyond what we thought.  This isn't just some Underworld deal.  Whoever that man is. . . he's paying some of the Underworld's bosses a load of money-"

"For what?" Yuki interrupted, "what the hell is going on here guys?"  Yuki and Minho were feeling senses of dread.  Something was wrong.  Very, very, wrong.

"It's an agreement," P.O. said, "North Korea is. . . is basically bribing the Underworld's bosses.  North Korea gives them money and in return. . .

the Underworld gives North Korea information on all of South Korea's major cities.  Banks, landmarks. . . major jails.  They also want a promise of full access to any weaponry and manpower at hand."

Minho and Yuki couldn't even speak. 

Although the three hadn't spoken a word ever since Minho and Yuki had entered the club, Key, Jonghyun, and Taemin suddenly exploded.  Ignoring the shouts coming for their earpieces Minho and Yuki focused on the seven boys in front of them once again.

"We don't support any of it," B-Bomb spat, "but there's nothing we can do to influence the decision of the Bosses.  As long as they get their money, they don't give a about who they're supporting.  I mean. . . I know that we aren't exactly saints sent from heaven but. . . I would never have the balls to turn against my country like that."

Zico, U-Kwon, Taeil, Kyung, P.O., and Jaehyo all nodded solemnly in agreement.  "This is escalating too quickly," Yuki muttered to herself, "our enemies are moving quickly. . . that information. . ."

Minho stood up quickly.  "We have to stop this meeting from happening," he said flatly, "now."

"Taemin, Key, Jonghyun," Yuki said into her earpiece, "inform Soo Man-ssi NOW." 

"Roger," the three said immediately.

"So. . . a banker and a bike mechanic, huh?" Kyung asked, looking at the two with a raised eyebrow.

Yuki and Minho gave the seven boys sheepish looks.  "Well. . . I guess we owe you guys an explanation. . "


YAY~  Sooooo, BLOCK B CAMEO!!  Just in case you're wondering, yes, I did indeed take inspiration from Nilili Mambo! :D  I felt like it was very fitting for the story, so I just threw it in there! :)  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  I felt like I should give you all a little gift for Thanksgiving so here you have it!

Comments and subscriptions are loved and appreciated!!!! <333 

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it) and a Happy Hannukah too!! (if you celebrate that as well).  Love you all SOOOOOO much and see you real soon with another chapter!!! ^_^ <3

And of course. . .

 

OH and THANK YOU to my new subscriber!!!  (even though it's only one!! ^_^)

jacex1DxSHINee

A HUGE thank you to my new up-voters as well!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! <333

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~Yuki