oo7

Leave It To The Guys

"I cannot believe we have detention all the way til Friday now." Luhan groaned.

Eun Ri hissed and kicked the side of his leg with her foot. "Shut up, songsaengnim is going to hear us idiot." She huffed. She leaned her cheek onto her arm as her teacher explained the directions to the lab.

"Add acid to water slowly and never vice versa okay class?" Her chemistry teacher pointed at the board. "You can start now."

The class began to shuffle around in their seats, gathering supplies. Eun Ri maneuvered around her table gathering flasks, and beakers to pour and mix the chemicals into. She set down the glass ware in front of Luhan who was still sulking about his detentions.

She blew a rasberry and pushed a beaker of acid and a flask of water to Luhan. "Stop sulking and get to work. Deals off." She referred to their arrangement that morning.

"What?! I almost get crushed by your obesity and you tell me deal's off?!" Luhan hissed. 

Eun Ri growled, "Excuse me?! Either way we got in trouble so shut up and work." She said pointing to the beaker.

"FINE!" Luhan groaned dumping all of the water into the beaker of acid.

Eun Ri's eyes grew larger. "LUHAN YOU IDIOT!" Luhan tilted his head and picked up the beaker, "What? That's what the- AH ." He shouted as he felt the beaker begin to heat up. He dropped the beaker causing the glass to break, splashing the contents everywhere. Drops of the acid landed onto Eun Ri's sweater causing it to seep onto her skin.

"LUHAN! SONGSAENGNIM!" She shouted as she struggled to rip off the acid covered sleeve. 

The room froze as the teacher came running towards Luhan and Eun Ri. Luhan was blowing on his now red, splotchy hand and Eun Ri was struggling to rip off her sleeve trying to stop the burning and irritation on her skin.

"Someone clean this mess up and as for you two, nurses office immediately." Their teacher instructed.

 

 

Eun Ri sat in the nurse's office awkwardly rubbing her cold and bare arms. She only had a black tank top under neath her white dress shirt since she had to remove her sweater and dress shirt. She covered her chest and avoided looking at Luhan who was sitting across from her getting his hand bandaged.

"I don't even want to know how this all happened." The nurse sighed. She finished wrapping Luhan's hand and told Eun Ri that she'll be calling Taemin to bring her a change of clothes.

Eun Ri nodded and thanked the nurse before she stepped out of the office. 

Now, only Luhan and Eun Ri sat in silence on two seperate beds. Luhan avoided his gaze at her thinking it was wrong to stare at her when she was basically half on her upper half.

Eun Ri suddenly felt embarrassed and angry. Here she was sitting in a cold office, half just because stupid Luhan wasn't listening. She blew a rasberry and stared at Luhan, "Weren't you listening when Songsaengnim said to add acid to water?" 

Luhan snapped his eyes at her and blushed slightly seeing her. "Acid to water, water to acid, what does it matter!" He yelled. 

Eun Ri couldn't believe it. What does it matter? Didnt he notice where they were now?! "You idiot! It causes an exothermic reaction. God, why are you so stupid." She huffed. 

"Why are you so y?" He retorted.

Eun Ri furrowed her brows, "You're being immature." She growled.

Luhan stuck out his tongue, "You're immature!" He huffed. "Man lady."

"I'm not immature!" She shouted. She bit the insides of her cheek to stop herself from retorting back. Luhan smirked and smiled in satisfaction, "I win." He mused.

"You did not." She snapped back. 

"Did too." 

"Did not."

"Did too."

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

____________________

"So you're telling me, the both of you have detention til Friday, you have a cleaning session this afternoon for the chemistry lab and you have to stay after in the nurses office to reorganize all the supplies you guys threw at each other." Chen laughed.

Eun Ri pouted as she pulled out a Q-tip from her shirt. She grimaced as she tossed it onto the cafe floor. The table had split in half with Luhan and Eun Ri sitting on the far opposite ends. Kris and Lay trying to console Luhan who was violently stabbing his sandwich with his fork. 

Eun Ri didn't really understand why he had a fork for eating a sandwich but whatever. She knew that the sandwich was technically her in his stupid mind.

"He's the one who started everything." She huffed. Kai and Tao were dying laughing as they repeated all the funny parts of the story. She shot a look to the maknaes and scowled. They instantly sat up and laughed nervously. "Sorry noona~" they sang.

She pouted and leaned her chin onto her hand. She poked her food around and frowned. She stared at her pudding and suddenly saw Luhan's face doing that stupid smirk she hated so much. "Stupid, stupid stupid." She mumbled stabbing her pudding with her spoon.

She was busy violently stabbing the pudding when she felt her hand get stopped. She looked up and saw Lay smiling as he wiped her pudding covered hand with a napkin. She met eyes with him and quickly blushed as she watched him clean off her hand.

"Thinking of Luhan?" He teased. Eun Ri pouted and nodded in defeat. Lay laughed which made her feel much better amazingly. He put down her hand and pulled a chair to sit close to her.

"Both of you are really funny." He teased, sitting on the chair backwards and resting his head on his fold arms. Eun Ri pouted.

"Really, you two are like fire and water." Baekhyun mused from the side.

Eun Ri rolled her eyes. "I know I know." She huffed.

"I wonder why hyung is like that to you. He's usually really nice to everyone he meets." Sehun mumbled as he watched Luhan leave the table to go to the bathroom with Kris after getting ketchup on his blazer. 

If Luhan was nice to everyone, why did he hate her so much?

____________________

"So, just clean off all the glassware and becareful not to break anything. After you're done, head over to the nurses office to fix her office and then report to me and I will let you two go home." The vice principal said.

Eun Ri and Luhan nodded as their vice principal left. The instant she left, Eun Ri and Luhan scowled at each other. 

"You wash, I dry." Luhan stated bluntly walking to the sink. Eun Ri furrowed her brows, "Why do I have to wash?" 

Luhan grabbed an old towel, "Because I don't want to get my hands wet and because this is all your fault."

Eun Ri was going to open but realized that if they argued, she wouldn't be able to get home any time soon. She sighed and nodded before heading to the sink and the water.

She lathered each glass up before rinsing. Luhan groaned at her slow pace, "Can you hurry so we can get going? It's bad enough staying after school with you til Friday." 

She placed the beaker she was holding down and glared at him. "Unless you want broken glass then no. I won't hurry up, these glasses are slippery okay?" She huffed. She resumed back to washing when she saw Luhan's hand up over the beaker. "What are you doing?" She growled.

"Just let me show you how to hurry up." He shouted trying to pull the beaker to himself. She pulled back, "Let go. I'm fine!" She shouted back.

They were pulling the beaker back and forth when it dropped into the sink and broke. 

They froze. 

They weren't suppose to break anything but that rule obviously broke. She groaned, "You're really stupid you know that?!" She yelled.

Luhan walked away to get something. She rolled her eyes and decided it'd be easier to pick up the glass herself.

She rolled up her sleeves and turned off the water to pick up glass. She carefully placed the glass in her hand and suddenly she felt her hand go cold.

"EUN RI, YOU IDIOT!" She heard Luhan scream. 

She looked at him confused when he came running to her with napkins. He took her hand and dumped the glass into the paper as he tossed it into the trash. "Why are you so stupid." He growled deeply.

"What are you talking about, Stupid?" She mumbled.

He wrapped her hand in paper towels and scowled. "You cut your hand on the glass. Who the hell picks up glass with their hands?!" He shouted. He may despise her but he hates it when girls get hurt like that. "Are you used to bleeding this much that you don't feel it anymore?!" 

He pressed her hand onto the napkin in attempt to stop the bleeding. He wrapped long strips of paper onto her hand to act as a band aid.

Somehow that offended her. She didn't fight that much. She pulled back her wrapped hand and examined the bloody towel. She rolled her eyes, "I'm fine, geez." She wasn't some little girl who couldn't handle a bit of bleeding. 

Luhan glared at her. He was just trying to help and she was being a about it. "Fine, bleed to death. See if I care." He looked at her stunned look. He frowned, "I'll finish this up. Just go to the nurses' office and do something about that." He said pointing at her hand, "and just start on the nurses office and I'll come soon."

Eun Ri nodded before rushing off into the nurse's office. Before she left, she heard Luhan mumble something but she disregarded it and left to the office. She walked down the quiet hallways and kicked the door to the office open.

She was relieved to see a roll of gauze on the nurse's desk and took the liberty to wrap her own hand up. She cleaned off any dried blood and got to work.

She sat herself down and began to place cotton balls and Q-tips into jars. "One, two, three..." She mumbled feeling her eyes get heavy. Her hand still ached and she had a head ache from Luhan. She glanced at the clock and decided a little nap wouldn't hurt right?

She nuzzled her face into her arm and fell asleep.

 

 

She woke up and smacked her lips together. Everything was dark for some reason and that's when she realized someone had stuck a note on her forehead.

 

Wakey, wakey Sleeping Ugly. I went home. I also finished the nurse's office so you owe me Man Lady. I told Yun hoe, that we both were leaving so don't bother to go and see him afterwards to dismiss yourself.

P.S. your snoring sounded like an angry monkey and you drool. 

~ Xi Luhan the amazing.

 

She looked around and saw the office clean. She hated to admit it, but she guess she did owe him but of course, she will never say that to his face. She groaned and got up from her position and rubbed her cheeks. 

She began to walk out of school and noticed the sky grew dark. She picked up her phone and noticed it was almost 7. She decided to walk to the bus stop and stop by the shop and tell her Abeoji she wouldn't be able to work that week since she had detention.

She shoved her hands into her pockets and walked towards the bus station when she heard a low rumble behind her. She glanced to her side to find Lay on his motorcycle. She waved and that's when Lay halted with a screech. 

She watched as he placed his feet down to balance himself. "What happened to your hand?!" He said worriedly. 

She stared at her hand and looked back at Lay. "I just cut myself by accident Lay-ssi. Please don't worry bout me, I am a tough girl." She joked. She still saw the worried look on his face. "Really. Don't worry about anything, I've been in tougher situations than this." She said. 

She watched Lay sigh and nod but she could still tell he was worried for her. He doesn't even know me that well. Lay-ssi, you are really kind... She wanted to tell him but felt embarrassed.

"So where are you going this late?" Lay asked. He didn't like the idea of someone as pretty  , like Eun Ri walking around late. 

"Ah- I was going home." She said pointing to the bus stop up ahead. Lay scootched further up his bike and patted the seat behind him. She tilted her head when he smiled. "C'mon, I'll take you home." 

She was hesitant but his sweet smile convinced her. She sighed as she climbed onto his bike and took his helmet from him. She clutched his jacket as he took a U-turn and headed down towards the ramyun shop.

"So where were you heading Lay-ssi?" She asked as he rode on. 

Lay took a turn and rode further. "I was just out to get some food but then I saw you." He said. Eun Ri nodded as she saw the shop in the distance. 

They reached the shop and Eun Ri stepped off. She bowed deeply and handed Lay back his helmet. "Thank you again. I always seem to be catching rides from you oh?" She joked. Lay smiled, "I guess that means you owe me." He mused.

She laughed comfortably. "If that's so, can I treat you to food to bring back to the guys since you were out to get food anyways?"

Lay nodded, "That would be really nice Ms.Go." He joked. She smiled and gestured him to enter the shop. After mounting his bike and hanging his helmet, he followed her inside to the shop.

"Abeoji~" Eun Ri sang. Lay chuckled at her cute voice as she called out her grandfather. An old man stepped out of the kitchen and Lay watched as he hit Eun Ri on the head with his ladle. He thought her pout was adorable and something in his heart made it skip a beat.

Eun Ri gestured for Lay to come over to her. "Abeoji, this is Lay-ssi. Could you make 12 bowls of the House Ramyun please?" She asked. 

Her Abeoji smiled, "Ri here told me she owes you a favor?" Lay laughed and shrugged. Her Abeoji clucked his tongue, "This girl...You wouldn't believe how many times Ive told her to stay out of trouble." He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, food will be done soon okay son?" 

Lay nodded and bowed, "Thank you sir."

Her Abeoji smiled, "Of course." He stepped back into the kitchen to get on cooking. Lay turned his attention to Eun Ri who ended up at the counter smiling and talking to some guy. 

He was tall, plump lips and straight dark hair that framed his face nicely making his cheeks stand out. Lay blinked and felt a little uncomfortable seeing Eun Ri smiling at some guy.

Eun Ri noticed her Abeoji done talking with Lay so she waved him over. "Lay-ssi! Come meet Tae Tae!" Lay awkwardly walked over and bowed. 

"Tae Tae" scowled and pinched Eun Ri's arm making her yelp. He looked at Lay and smiled, "It's actually Taemin, this idiot here just thinks she can call me Tae Tae." 

"Zhang Yixing, but call me Lay." Lay bowed. Taemin smiled and bowed back. "So what has Eun Ri done that you're actually talking to her? Did she threaten to beat you up? Or lemme guess, she has one of your friends hostage?" Taemin laughed loudly as Eun Ri scowled.

Eun Ri smacked her forehead. Leave it to Taemin to make her sound like some mobster. She was surprised when Lay shook his head and told Taemin she was one of her and EXO's good friends. 

She blushed and hid her face.

"Aaaah! Ri Ri is blushing!" Taemin shouted pinching her cheeks. 

Lay smiled and felt giddy about making her blush with what he said but he wasn't lying. He really did like Eun Ri and so did EXO.

"Uhg shut up oppa." She growled. She shoved Taemin away before dragging Lay towards an empty table.

Lay softly laughed as Eun Ri rubbed her cheeks. 

"So...who is Taemin to you if you don't mind me asking. You guys seem close." Lay asked. He was surprised the words in his mind came out so easily.

Eun Ri smiled, "He's my cousin. I guess." She said softer. 

I guess? Lay wondered. He didnt want to pry so he nodded. He looked around the shop, "Does this happen to be the shop where the maknaes got the ramyun the first time?" 

Eun Ri nodded. "Yeah." She said remembering the first time she met Tao, Kai, and Sehun.

"This place was daebak!" Lay chirped. Eun Ri giggled at his cute expression. "No really, it was so good. EXO is going to be so thrilled to have more of your Abeoji's amazing ramyun." 

"In that case, come by my shop anytime Lay." Eun Ri and Lay heard her Abeoji say as he stepped out of the kitchen with two bags of ramyun. "I hope you enjoy these and I'd love to see you and your friends around here." He said warmly placing the bags down.

Lay stood up and took the bags into his hand. He bowed, "Thank you so much sir. I will definitely bring my friends here soon!" He turned to Eun Ri, "I better head home. See you tomorrow at school Eun Ri."

Eun Ri stood up and smiled, "See you Lay-ssi."

After Lay left, Eun Ri felt herself being poked and prodded at by Taemin and her Abeoji.

"So when you two going to date?" Her Abeoji teased.

"When she's done drugging him into being her friend" Taemin teased which earned him a hard smack on the head by his dad's back hand. 

Eun Ri screamed running out of the shop and running upstairs before they could bombard her with anymore embarrassing questions. 


Kris patted Lay on the back. "Good job at warming up to Eun Ri. We can ask her to join soon just as long as Luhan doesn't screw anything up." He shot a look at the Chinese who was reluctant to eat his ramyun.

But in the end he gave up and now he was slurping away at the curly noodles. He put down his bowl and scowled before wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "I wouldn't be such a jerk if she wasn't such a ."

"Noona's not a !" Sehun shouted.

"Not you too Sehunnie..." Luhan pouted realizing that even his cute little dongsaeng was abondoning him for Go Eun Ri. 

Luhan slapped his hand onto his forehead. Xiumin laughed and hugged Luhan and patted his back. "Looks like even Sehun has fallen under Eun Ri's spell." 

"I still don't get why you don't like her." Baekhyun asked. "She's so nice, kind, funny, smart, sweet, pret-"

"SHUT UP!" Luhan shouted. Baekhyun stared at the angry Chinese before huffing something along the lines of "Luhan being a guy with PMS" end quote. 


Changed every chapter's font. Good thing I don't have too much written .-. AFF got rid of the font I was using and I'm OCD when it comes to organization and having everything match.