oo23

Leave It To The Guys

*Very long chapter. Fluffy ahead.*

Eun Ri tied her hair and sat on the mat she left outside. Blowing a strand of hair that hung in her face, she continued to stare at the door. She pulled her knees to her chin and scowled as time continued to tick.
 
"Where is this idiot?" She huffed. She had told Luhan that she'd help him train— even though she didnt know he needed it— and he was late. Lay was busy that afternoon with some of the guys and the rest had gone out, leaving Eun Ri and Luhan home for that Friday afternoon. 
 
She was a bit disappointed hearing that Lay couldn't make their training session but he told her he'd make it up to her by a double training session and after he'll take them out for ice cream. She smiled to herself and sighed happily. 
 
When everyone else was leaving to attend parties and other things, Eun Ri was a bit surprised to find Luhan sitting on the couch just watching TV. She had no idea why he didn't go all with the others but he said he had to watch her for the night. 
 
She hated the idea since she was old enough to stay home but Luhan seemed so determine to stay. She felt a bit awkward considering Luhan never wanted to be around her, but then he suggested they start training so here she was, waiting for him.
 
He told her to get changed and wait for him outside while he got ready. He said that 45 minutes ago.
 
Pressing her lips together, she stared at the front door, hoping the idiot would bust through ready to start. Picking her laces, she heard the front door click.
 
As she lifted her head, she saw Luhan coming out in sweat pants and a t-shirt, munching on an apple. She pushed herself off the mat and marched over to the male. "YAH! What took you so long?" She growled.
 
Luhan bit into his apple and stared at her in silent as he continued to chew. She wanted to take the apple and shove it down his throat. She knew he was doing this on purpose just to piss her off, cause that's just how he rolled. 
 
Praising his brow Luhan swallowed, his lips. "What do you mean Kitten?" He chuckled as she tip toed up to his face and scowled, pushing his forehead. 
 
Eun Ri rolled her eyes and grabbed his apple, not caring he wasn't finished. "YAH! GIVE THAT BACK!" He shouted. She gripped it tightly and tossed it across the field, watching as it caused a few bushes to rustle as it fell. She felt his grip on her wrist, yanking it tightly. 
 
She turned to find herself a very annoyed Luhan all up in her face. She winced slightly before he threw her hand down. She frowned and put her hands on her hip. "Now that we got that over with, let's go for our run." She mumbled.
 
Jogging at a slow pace, she noticed no one was by her side. She turned to find Luhan crossing his arms. She blew a rasberry before jogging back and grabbing his hand. "Look, if we get this over with quickly, I'll treat you to something" She mumbled trying to convince him to hurry since she was getting a bit cold from the early spring night air.
 
She could see Luhan's smirk before he ran ahead of her. She clenched her teeth and pretended to punch his figure from the back before dropping her head and running up to him. 
 
She ran by his side in silence. All she could hear was the sound of rocks crunching under their feet as they ran the same trail she and Lay did the day before. 
 
Though she wished it was Lay by her side instead of Luhan, she didnt mind his company as long as he shut up. Eun Ri quickened her pace and soon found Luhan by her side. They hadn't exchanged any words but it was a comfortable silence.
 
And she swore she caught him looking at her a few times. She pressed her lips together tighter and continued to run. 
 
She looked out of the corner of her eye and saw him staring again. Stopping abruptly she turned to him as he slowed down. "Is there something wrong? You keep staring at me?" She huffed. She saw Luhan's cheeks turn pink but she thought it was only from his face heating up from the exercise. 
 
"I was just looking at how ugly you were." He spat. Eun Ri bursted out laughing at his lame excuse. She doubled over, clutching her stomach at how stupid he sounded. "Y-Yah! It's true you ogre!" Luhan shouted feeling annoyed.
 
She stood upright and wiped her eyes and stared at him. "Takes one to know one." She smiled before she continued to run. Behind her, she could hear him mumble a few words, something along the lines of "Stupid, ugly Eun Ri...hope she falls...into pit." 
 
She rolled her eyes and eventually they finished their run. Sitting on the mat, she tried to catch her breath. Looking at Luhan from the corner of her eyes, she noticed his pale skin reddening from the run. 
 
Rolling her shoulders, she turned to face him. "Okay, ready?" Luhan nodded before getting up. Eun Ri pushed herself off the ground and shook her head side to side to loosen her muscles. 
 
"Okay, get at me." 
 
As Luhan charged at her, she punched his stomach. As he dropped, he dragged her down and threw her to the ground. She still had no idea as to why a person who was as good as fighting as Luhan would want to practice. He could easily defeat anyone in two seconds without getting a scratch so the thought of him wanting her help to fight was ridiculous.
 
Luhan rolled over to her and hovered over her before getting pushed off by her legs. She went over to him and was about to strike him once again when he grabbed her fist. It wasn't a strong hold and her hand almost fit perfectly into the crevice of his palm. 
 
She looked at him. He didnt look like he was trying to stop her from hurting him so he could strike back, but it looked more like he was upset. "What?" She asked noticing they had stopped fighting.
 
"You broke your promise." He pouted. She raised her brow at his sudden pouty-ness. "What are you talking about Luhan?" 
 
He pushed himself off the ground and released her hand. "You said we would do everything you and Lay do. This isn't it." 
 
Eun Ri stared at him like he was crazy. "Luhan, this is exactly what me and Lay did. What do you even mean?" 
 
She looked at him and noticed he resembled a child. His lips were jutted into a pout mixed with a scowl. "No. You and Lay don't do this. You're less rough with him, you guys are practically fooling around from what I saw." He mumbled. 
 
He didnt like how Eun Ri was clingy to Lay, hugging his neck and laughing while she was brute and rough with him. He oddly wanted her to do the same but at the same time, the idea made him barf. 
 
Eun Ri pressed her lips thin. Did Luhan want her to play fight with him or something? He had gotten the wrong idea. Lay was less experienced so Eun Ri was more gentler with him and fought slower and somehow in the process, they'd laugh bout something funny or one of them would get tickled by accident. They were definitely not fooling around but she guessed it did look that way.
 
"It's just Lay isn't as good as you are so I go easier." She said softer. She rubbed the back of her neck and stared at Luhan who looked upset. She didnt even know why she was explaining herself to this childish kid but the dejected face Luhan had made her feel bad. 
 
She sighed. "We can have fun with this too I guess. But honestly, Luhan we're doing the same thing as I do with Lay but if you want, I'll go easier." 
 
She was about to get up when Luhan pushed her down and hovered over her. "I never said I wanted you to go easier on me." She scowled and shoved him off before standing up. Luhan stood up and faced her. 
 
"Fine." She smirked. 
 
Tackling him to the ground, Luhan and Eun Ri rolled around on the mats. With Lay she actually gave him pointers but with Luhan, she didnt feel the need to. When she got Luhan stomach down on the mats, she climbed onto his back and clung onto his neck in attempts to get him to a choking hold.
 
Luhan smiled secretly to himself and pushed himself off the ground and struggled to stand up. 
 
"YAH!" Eun Ri shouted clinging onto Luhan's back. He grabbed her legs and wrapped them around his waist and began to run around the field.
 
"LUHAN!" She screamed burying her face into his shoulder. At this point, Luhan just wanted to have a bit of fun with her, so he decided to spin around in the field with her on his back.
 
She had no idea what got into his mind and if this was one of tricks, she wasnt so thrilled. She hugged his neck tighter and could feel herself being spun around. 
 
It wasnt long until Luhan got so dizzy, he tripped on his foot and toppled back down onto the mats . Not wanting to crush her, he spun around so he'd be on the bottom. 
 
Eun Ri felt themselves fall and let out a squeal before landing on something soft. Opening her eyes, she found Luhan lying on the ground. She quickly released her arms and sat on his back. Thinking it was his plan failing, she laughed and poked his head. "Looks like your plan failed hmm?" 
 
Luhan turned around making her fall onto the mats, banging her head against the hard mat. She groaned and felt Luhan slip his hand under her head. She opened her eyes and scowled at his smiling face. Reaching up, she harshly pinched his cheeks before getting dropped once again. 
 
"Ow..." She mumbled. She saw Luhan's extended hand and grabbed it before getting pulled up. He reached out and smoothed out her hair and rubbed the back of her head softly.
 
Eun Ri felt her cheeks burn as she watched his concerned face. He looked genuinely guilty for dropping her two times. She saw a strike of realization of what he was doing and stopped. At least her head stopped hurting.
 
"Uh..." He mumbled. Eun Ri saw his cheeks turning a light pink color and was sure it wasn't from the fighting this time. She swore she was going crazy. Luhan being nice to her, Luhan blushing in front of her, Luhan being with her in general. Maybe she banged her head a bit too hard.
 
"YAH!" Luhan shouted in her face. "What's with the dazed face Kitten?!" He scowled. He turned to hide his brightening cheeks. He had no idea why he reached out and did what he did but a pit in his stomach made him feel bad for dropping her. But she deserved it after she pinched him. But it did look like she hit her head hard and was in pain. 
 
In Luhan's mind, thoughts were filling so much, he swore he was going to explode if he didnt get a grip of himself. It was just Eun Ri. Annoying, y, Eun Ri. She wasnt a girl, she was an annoying man lady who loved to fight as much as a gorilla for a banana.
 
Eun Ri frowned. Maybe she wasn't crazy because here was rude Luhan once again. She huffed and rubbed her arms realizing how nippy the weather had gotten. She noticed it had gotten dark and looked towards the house. "How bout we go inside and continue another time?" 
 
Luhan nodded in agreement and the two walked into the house. 
 
With Kyungsoo gone, the house was out of food and the male hadn't remembered to leave them dinner. Eun Ri closed the fridge and sighed. 
 
"No dinner?" Luhan pouted as he sat at the kitchen table. She shook her head and stared at the ingredients wondering if she could possibly get lucky and be able to make something edible.
 
Luhan frowned but then remembered Eun Ri had promised to treat him. "Yah? Kitten! Remember you said you'd treat me?" He mused. Eun Ri froze and face palmed herself.
 
"Great! Go get changed, I know where I want to go!" He chirped before running upstairs to his room. Eun Ri rolled her eyes and dragged her feet upstairs to her room and bursted through the doors.
 
Going through her drawers, she didnt know what to wear. Where was Luhan taking them? Was it going to be fancy or casual? She stood for a second and realized she was worrying over what to wear. Scowling, she grabbed out a large white sweater and a pair of thick leggings and changed.
 
Releasing her hair from her loose ponytail, she brushed out her wavy black hair and clipped her bangs away with a bobby pin. Grabbing her wallet and stuffing it with enough money for two dinners she left her room. 
 
Walking downstairs, she saw Luhan waiting on the couch. "Let's hurry before the place closes!" Seeing him in just jeans and a t-shirt, she felt a bit too dressy and was about to turn around when Luhan grabbed her shoulder. 
 
"Hey? Where are you going?" Luhan asked. 
 
"To change." She was about to go again when Luhan held her shoulder tight.
 
"Why? You look fine." Luhan said. Eun Ri blushed slightly and backed away from Luhan the moment he released his hand. "For an ogre that is." He rebutted. 
 
Eun Ri rolled her eyes and sighed. "Okay, let's go then." Luhan nodded and grabbed their helmets before heading out. Handing Eun Ri her's, Luhan mounted the bike and waited for her to climb on.
 
Eun Ri had no idea what to expect to find when they got to Luhan's choice of food. She was a bit surprised to find themselves at an outside stand where she saw a couple of grills. Luhan kicked his bike kickstand before leading her to the tent.
 
"Two please ahjusshi." Luhan said. Eun Ri followed him to a grill. Staring around the place, she didnt even notice that Luhan had finished ordering.
 
"I hope you don't mind samgyeopsal?" He teased knowing how much she liked it. She smiled and nodded her head. 
 
Soon a plate of raw meat came along with vegetables and side dishes. The server placed down two shot glasses and a bottle of cola. Eun Ri eyed the shot glasses and stared at a Luhan confused.
 
Luhan smiled sheepishly and pushed them aside. "Since we can't drink, we can at least pretend?" He chuckled. Eun Ri had to admit it was a cute and fun idea. 
 
As they grilled meat, Luhan occasionally glanced at her as he turned the meat. He'd give her the first pieces that finished first and eat after her. His gesture was a bit strange to her but she wasnt going to reject food. 
 
"Hungry?" Luhan chuckled, placing more meat onto her plate. She pouted and transferred it back onto his. "Yes but Luhan, you haven't even eaten much. Stop giving it to me." She said. 
 
Luhan nodded embarrassedly forgetting he hadn't eaten. He took a piece of meat to his mouth and blew on it before eating. His mind was in the clouds while he was grilling meat. He loved this grilling tent and he loved coming here with s.
 
It held many memories, some a bit too painful to bring up but nonetheless he was really happy to be back and with Eun Ri.
 
They ate their dinner for the night well and finished off the whole plate. Luhan opened up the bottle of cola and poured two shot glasses. "Let's play a truth game. Every time we answer, just take a shot." He said giving her a glass.
 
"You first." He said.
 
Eun Ri pressed her lips into a thin line and smiled when she thought of something. "Tell me about your background." 
 
Luhan nodded, taking down his shot of cola. "I don't really know where to start but I'll talk bout where I come from I guess. I'm from China and so are my parents but we moved here cause they had business here in Korea." From his perfect Korean, Eun Ri thought no one could ever tell.
 
"I don't live with my family from what you can see. I didn't really like how they made me attend stupid business dinners so I left. Our relationship is okay but it's nicer living on my own with the guys and if you're wondering, they're all in the same situation as me except for Lay but that's up to him to tell you hmm?" 
 
Eun Ri nodded not expecting him to say so much but she glad he did. Now she knew more about him.
 
Luhan refilled his glass and raised his brow at her. "And you? Why were you living on your own?" 
 
Eun Ri gulped down her soda and placed down the glass. She didnt feel comfortable with talking about her past but since Luhan poured out his, she'd do the same. 
 
Noticing the uncomfortable face she wore, Luhan was going to retract his question but Eun Ri smiled, bitterly, but smiled. 
 
"My family is rich too. I was a stuffy little kid who wore dresses and fancy shoes everyday." She heard Luhan chuckling. His laugh made her feel a bit better so she decided to laugh along too. "I know, me as a proper little girl sounds weird right?" 
 
Luhan softened his laugh and smiled. "Yeah, I can't imagine my man lady as a neat little girl." The word "my" rang in her ears and even though he called her a man lady, she wasn't offended but somewhat happy. 
 
"I was kind of tired of that life and tried to change. I caused a bit of trouble." She said embarrassedly. "One day, a man tried to rob my house and I beat him up for it." Her expression saddened and it worried Luhan. Shouldn't she be happy? 
 
"I got sent to jail because I assaulted the man and no one could prove my house was about to get robbed and my parents didnt back me up." 
 
Luhan was going to tell her to stop if she felt uncomfortable but she kept going. Luhan was gaining a whole new respect for her. He knew she had gone through some hard ships but nothing this severe. He felt guilty for ever being so mean to her but he gave her props for staying so strong.
 
"Basically, I went to jail, my parents never picked me up and thats when I met my Abeoji." She smiled painfully remembering him. "He took me in until now and I really thank him for it." Luhan was going to reach out to her but he felt awkward so he stayed in his seat.
 
She poured herself another shot glass and smiled, this time less painfully. Luhan noticed the way her eyes shaped into crescents and smiled along. "But my life turned out better than I expected." 
 
Luhan nodded. 
 
Eun Ri's weak side went away in a flash, as if it never appeared and was replaced with her relax self. "So next question shall we?" She giggled. 
 
 
 
After the bottle was emptied, Luhan ended up paying even though Eun Ri said she was going to treat him. 
 
When they got home, the two sat in the living room watching a movie. Her awkwardness with the male went away and was replaced by a comfortable feeling. She had never felt so close to Luhan but she was enjoying it. 
 
"Are you sure you aren't chicken?" Luhan chuckled clicking play to the Insidious 2 screen. Eun Ri scoffed and leaned against the couch as they sat next to each other. "Please, Luhan. It'll be you who's scared." 
 
Luhan laughed and shrugged. "We'll see." 
 
 
 
Lay hopped out of the car with the other members as they returned from a party they all went too. He was really hoping Eun Ri would join them but she insisted she wanted to stay home. 
 
The party was filled with girls but none of them caught his eye the way Eun Ri did. He was more than delighted when they all left to go home. His heart beat against his rib cage as they inched towards the door. 
 
His whole night rotated around the thought of her. He never knew how deep he had fallen for the girl in a such short amount of time but it was okay to him because the thought of her kept him happy.
 
"I really wish Luhan went, he would've loved it." Sehun said as he followed out of the car. The others answered in agreement. 
 
Usually the male would love to go to a party but this time he stayed home. Lay found it a bit peculiar since Luhan hated Eun Ri but nonetheless his best friend had his reasons for staying home.
 
He was just glad he was finally home so he could see Eun Ri. Hopefully, she wasn't asleep yet because he wanted to talk to her some more since he didnt really speak much that day with her. 
 
As Suho opened the front door, Lay heard a few gasps from the members in front of him.
 
"Are they...?" Baekhyun whispered.
 
"No way...that's so weird." Xiumin mumbled. Tao and Kai tip toed to see what the others saw and giggled in response. 
 
Lay furrowed his brow and as everyone filed in, Lay felt a bit of his heart drop. 
 
In the living room, Luhan and Eun Ri were leaning on each other, sleeping with a movie playing. Eun Ri's head was lying on Luhan's shoulder as his head rested on hers.
 
"Oh dear god, someone take a picture of this." Kris chuckled. Kyungsoo took out his phone and laughed as the other members gathered around to see the picture.
 
Lay frowned and stood still as Chanyeol made his way towards Eun Ri. Scooping her up, Chanyeol carried her upstairs to her room without waking her up. In the process, Luhan opened his eyes to find s gawking at him. He felt someone move away from him so he woke up to see what was going on.
 
He smacked his lips and noticed Eun Ri was gone. "Hey? Where's Eun Ri?" He mumbled noticing the girl by his side was gone. 
 
Everyone burst into laughter surprising the male. "What? What's so funny?" 
 
Chen pat the male's shoulder. "The first thing you wonder is where Eun Ri is? Funny." He chuckled. Luhan creased his eyebrows and stared at the screen, had he fallen asleep and Eun Ri left him? He felt a bit dejected but with 's constant giggling, he couldn't focus on the fact Eun Ri ditched him.
 
"Yah! Seriously guys! What are you laughing about?" Luhan scowled. Chanyeol came down the stairs and smirked making Luhan pout. "C'mon, I want to know!" 
 
Kris chuckled and ruffled the male's hair. "We come home from the party to find you and Eun Ri snuggling on the couch." 
 
The word snuggling and Eun Ri made Luhan's cheeks burn. Had he and Eun Ri really fallen asleep, together? Luhan shuddered a little at the thought but deep inside, he was a bit happy. 
 
"Oh gosh! He's blushing!" Sehun laughed. Luhan scowled and threw one of the couch pillows at the maknae hitting him dead in the face. "YAH! I am not! It's just hot in here!" Luhan grumbled getting off the couch.
 
"And we were not snuggling. That stupid ogre probably fell asleep on me, that's all." Luhan said softer feeling embarrassed.
 
"Chanyeol took her up if you wanna go search for her." Baekhyun teased making lovey dovey faces. Luhan scowled and raised his fists to the younger's face.
 
"I don't want to search for her you idiot." He growled. Baekhyun shut his lips but constant giggles escaped. 
 
"I knew she'd grow on him." Xiumin mused. "I just didnt think this fast." 
 
"And to think hyung was so mean to her." Kai chuckled.
 
As the members laughed, Luhan noticed Lay making his way upstairs quietly. It all hit him like a massive storm and Luhan began to follow his best friend to their shared room. Inside, Lay was sitting on his bed with a dark expression.
 
"Lay?" Luhan said nervously. He knew how much his best friend adored the girl, for whatever gross and psychotic reason. He didnt want Lay to misunderstand and think he was moving onto his girl. 
 
"Yeah?" Lay said in a monotonous voice. Luhan bit his lip and closed the door behind him. 
 
"Look Lay—" Luhan couldn't finish his statement because his best friend had crawled under the sheets and pretended to sleep even though he was still fully dressed in his party clothes.
 
Luhan knew that once his best friend began to stop talking, there was no way he could try and fix anything. All Lay needed was some time and some reassurance that Luhan did not like the girl he liked.
 
Luhan sat on his bed and sighed. He couldn't imagine him and Eun Ri leaning on each other and sleeping but apparently they did and now he was in deep water with his best friend. He was true to Lay and Lay was really important to him, so what ever he had to do, he'd make it up to the male.  
 
Luhan ducked under the sheets, curling up. He smiled to himself thinking about Eun Ri and their day. He got to know a bit more about her, and the more he spent time with her, the more she grew on him. Though sometimes he'd act like an , it was to cover up his kindness to her.
 
He didnt want her to think he liked her or something. Luhan was still unsure about how he felt but whenever he thought about liking her, he felt fluttery yet sick to his stomach in disgust. 
 
"Why does everything need to be so complicated." He mumbled quietly to himself before closing his eyes. 
 
 
 
Eun Ri woke up to find herself in her own bed. She raised her brows and rubbed her eyes. She could've sworn she fell asleep on the couch with...Luhan. 
 
She jolted up and gripped her hair. Did she fall asleep with Luhan? Running to the mirror, she checked her face for drawings but found her face untouched. She could've sworn he would've done something stupid but she guessed wrong.
 
"What..." She mumbled. She tied her hair up into a bun and jumped onto her bed. She tried to recall what had happened the night before. She and Luhan were watching a scary movie and it got boring, so she decided to rest her eyes.
 
She faintly remembered Luhan laughing softly but she could vividly feel him put her head on his shoulder. She shook her head. "Gross, gross, gross..." She muttered over and over. "I did not sleep against Luhan." She squealed. 
 
"AHG!" She shook her head, loosening the bun. She could remember a weight on her head, so did that mean he rested against her? She shuddered imagining the physical contact she shared with him that didnt include punching. 
 
"Ew, ew, ew, ew..." She said out loud shaking her arms and head. 
 
Suddenly her door flew open to reveal Luhan. She stopped her motions and glared at the male. "AH! KNOCK WILL YOU?"
 
Luhan chuckled. "I heard you said ew, did you see yourself in the mirror already." He mused. Eun Ri puffed her cheeks and threw her pillow at Luhan but the male caught it and dropped it to the floor. "Yah! Kitten, get up. You're going somewhere today." 
 
Eun Ri frowned and raised her brow. She had no intentions of plans that day so she had no idea what he was talking about. 
 
"C'mon, get up and dress nicely. Lay is waiting downstairs for you. I told him you'd go out with him today." 
 
"YOU WHAT." Eun Ri screamed. Luhan winced and nodded. "Ppali, ppali. He's not going to wait forever. Do you realize how much it took for me to convince him?" Luhan mumbled.
 
"Why would you do that?" Eun Ri said getting nervous about what she was going to wear and what she was going to do afterwards. She jumped off her bed and began rummaging through her drawers.
 
"Because—" Luhan closed his mouth before he said too much. "Because I did now shut up and try to look decent Kitten." 
 
Eun Ri scowled and threw a pair of jeans at him. "Out." 
 
Luhan dodged and smirked. "My pleasure." 

*Updated Nov. 16, 2013*

Okay, this week I am definitely not going to be able to write much since this week I have to start preparing for Spirit week at my school and I have dance rehearsals for the skit we're putting on >.> Im nervous lol

Thank you for all the lovely comments on the last chapter. All of them made me smile so much :3 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Have a wonderful weekend.