oo40

Leave It To The Guys

Around midnight, Eun Ri walked to the park. She had texted back L.Joe half an hour ago confirming she would come. 

She walked along the path, making her way towards the large grassy area where she and L.Joe would talk. Though EXO was right around her, secretly hidden, she was still nervous. 

They would never let L.Joe hurt her which is why they were coming from around her and L.Joe just in case but it still worried her. 

She was still unclear of L.Joe's intentions of saving her that earlier day and she prayed he wouldn't bring it up so she didnt have to explain to EXO why she snuck out. 

But that was the least of her troubles currently. 

She wasnt walking for more than ten minutes when she saw L.Joe sitting on a bench and waving towards her. She let out a shakey breath as she stepped up to him. 

"L.Joe..." 

"Go Eun Ri." His voice brought chills to her spine and utter disgust but she'd put that aside for now. 

--

Luhan crept slowly behind with Lay. 

They were being silent but not because they had to, more like they didnt know what to say to each other. 

On either side of him, a few meters away were the other members, slowly closing in on Eun Ri. 

There was no way they'd let her go alone, especially to meet up with L.Joe. 

He occasionally glanced at Lay to find him completely ignoring him and honestly, he wanted to make things right but how could he? Was he just suppose to stop liking Eun Ri for Lay's sake? 

Was that fair to him? 

Luhan sighed and shook the troubles away as they came to a few bushes where they could stop and watch her. 

--

"What did you call me here for L.Joe." Eun Ri stated flatly. She observed L.Joe for any signs of weapons he could use against her, anything. 

L.Joe noticed her and sighed, "I don't have anything Eun Ri." He said emptying his pockets. He pulled out the fabric revealing nothing and patting over himself and never did he come across anything that seemed remotely dangerous to her. 

"I just wanted to talk." L.Joe said softly. 

Eun Ri didn't trust him one bit and she knew with one call, EXO would be there to protect her. 

"Back when you got cornered by Yongguk..." L.Joe started.

Eun Ri winced. She was going to get it from EXO now that they were listening. 

"You saved me." Eun Ri said lowly. She was now wishing EXO wasn't with her, she wished she had gone on her own at this point but she guessed getting yelled at by them was much better than being kidnapped and killed. 

"Don't you want to know why?" L.Joe said raising his brow. He sensed that she didnt want to talk but who would when it seemed like she wasnt suppose to be out alone in the first place. For Pete's sake she couldn't even come and meet him without EXO hiding in the bushes. He wasnt stupid. He knew she would show EXO the text and that they would come. 

"What is there to know? You did it once and it's not going to change my mind about you Byunghyun." She said trying to stay calm. She didnt want to test his temper but it was hard when she was trying to restrain herself from punching him. 

"Eun Ri. Babe—" 

"Don't call me that!" She hissed trying to stay calm because if she were to get riled up, EXO would blow their cover. 

L.Joe pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded. "I just want to let you know that we aren't here to hurt you. We're trying to protect you. They're not a stable group of friends Eun Ri—" 

Before Eun Ri could answer, she heard Sehun's voice yell out softly before being muffled. She pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Oh and why don't you tell them to come out already. I'm amazed they were able to stay quiet until now." L.Joe huffed. 

Eun Ri creased her brows and frowned. "Fine, then tell your idiots to come out too." She wasnt stupid either. She knew L.Joe wasn't sincere and also, Ricky was really bad at hiding. 

"So much for trust when you even had your gang here L.Joe." She scoffed as everyone started to come out from their hiding spots. 

In a few minutes, the large field was filled with the two groups. EXO behind Eun Ri and L.Joe with Teenfinite. 

"They're unstable Noona. You don't know what you're getting yourself into. They can't protect you." Ricky said pouting.

"They lied and abandoned us." Chunji frowned. "What if they do that to you." 

Eun Ri felt someone grab her arm and squeeze it as if to say, never.

"They couldn't even protect Nayoung-ssi." Woohyun snickered. 

Eun Ri creased her brows and suddenly, Luhan ran past her and punched Woohyun straight in the face, initiating a fight that should have never happened. 

She gasped and suddenly the field bursted out into fighting. She stumbled back a bit trying to dodge the fighting. Surprisingly, no one tried to grab her this time, instead they all aimed at each other. 

Some times, the opposing side would shove her out of the way before hitting her own friends. She didnt know how many times L or Sungyeol had gently pulled her away before hitting her friends. Of course, she would punch them back but they would never fight back. 

She ended up being backed up into a tree. She didnt know why she suddenly froze and couldn't fight this time. 

The only thing on her mind was this Nayoung person. The one person that caused this whole fight. 

Eventually, they heard the sounds of police cars and everyone began to scramble. 

They all escaped with hardly any scratches and bruises, or atleast serious ones like from before. They all sprinted towards their car and bikes and sped off home. 

She ended up riding on the back of Lay's bike again. This time Lay was silent. There was absolutely no laughter, no funny stories, just eery silence. 

The second they got home, Luhan was targeted first. 

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU GO AND DO THAT?!" Kris growled. Luhan shoved the Chinese's shoulder harshly, scowling. 

"What was I suppose to do?! Let them walk all over us?! Those bastards deserved a good punch!" Luhan shouted. 

Eun Ri sat silently, watching as EXO started to crumble. 

They're unstable

"So you go and endanger Eun Ri like that?!" Lay shouted. 

Her eyes grew wide as saucers as Lay shouted. He wasnt the type to yell, especially at his own best friend. 

She could see the anger slowly building inside of Luhan. She watched as Luhan walked slowly to Lay and glared at his best friend with such intensity that it scared her. "Who are you to say anything? I didn't see you protecting her?" 

"At least I care about her truly." Lay spat. 

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Suho shouted, prying the two apart before they could claw each other's faces off. 

"Are you siding with him? After who that bastard brought up? SUHO YOU KNOW HOW SHE MAKES ME FEEL." Luhan said with his voice weakening. 

"I'm not siding with anyone, Luhan—" Suho muttered. 

Eun Ri sat quietly, playing with her fingers. She felt the air thickening with tension, the amount of anger and frustration that was building up over whoever this Nayoung girl was. 

"Yeah hyung, I'm sorry but Luhan hyung has a point." Kai stood up. "Was he suppose to let them talk about Nayoung noona like that?" 

"Listen here Kai, you can't talk to your hyung like that." Xiumin said standing by Suho's side. "He shouldve controlled his anger. He endangered all of us." 

"Who are you to say anything when you don't know how Luhan feels?" Baekhyun questioned. "Nayoung was a member of us, would you want anyone to talk about Eun Ri?" 

Eun Ri watched as they all one by one got up and began to argue and shout at each other. 

They're unstable 
They're unstable
They're unstable

It's not true. It's a coincidence. They're good friends. Eun Ri covered her ears and buried her face between her knees as the shouting began to get louder. 

Her friends were good together. They were all loyal to each other and this was only a snag in their friendship. L.Joe was wrong. 

"STOP IT!" Eun Ri screamed. Suddenly the fighting died down. 

She lifted her head to find everyone with a look of guilt and fear on their faces. "Stop it. Stop yelling. You're only justifying what they said. You guys aren't like this." She said softer. 

"Ri, we're sorry." Lay muttered softly. 

She let out a shakey breath and nodded. "I know." She rested her head on her knees and sighed. "I know." 

"Eun Ri, don't let their words get to you. They were speaking bull. We're good for you, we won't let them hurt you." Tao said out of fear of losing her. 

She nodded and smiled weakly. "Can I just...ask something?" 

"Anything." Suho said gently. 

"Who is Nayoung and why are you guys so upset over her?" She asked. She just wanted to know, she didnt expect for Luhan to leave the room. 

"Don't worry about him, he's fine." Lay muttered knowing that he probably just went to get some fresh air. "Nayoung was Luhan's best chilhood friend." 

Eun Ri nodded. "Where is she now?" 

"She's back in China." Baekhyun stated.

So far she was getting no where with these answers. 

It was like Lay read her mind and continued with the rest of the story. "Nayoung was his best friend. During one of our fights with Teenfinite a while ago, we were all too busy fending for our own safety when she got hurt." 

Eun Ri could see everyone's expressions becoming hurt, almost as if old scars were being opened again. 

"Luhan was trying to protect her when L.Joe struck her with a bat by accident. Luhan had dodged and L.Joe missed and instead struck her instead when she was fighting off someone else." 

She wanted to tell Lay he could stop if it was too painful to speak of but instead Lay continued. 

"The fighting ended and we haven't really seen them until now again. Nayoung was rushed to the hospital and when her parents found out, she was forced to stay away from him. It crushed him." 

Eun Ri felt her heart shatter for Luhan. She never had close friends until now, so she could never imagine losing a friend that way. 

"Her family filed a report and he was put on a restraining order. We've never seen Luhan so hurt. The school found out after awhile and we were suspended for a bit. But that was nothing, it was the critism Luhan started to recieve." 

"The amount of hate he was getting from Nayoung's other friends, it destroyed him." 

Eun Ri nodded. "Do you guys miss her?" 

Everyone nodded. 

Kai smiled painfully. "Sometimes but we know she's probably doing well and she's safe. That's all Luhan wanted for her. She was such an outgoing girl, someone who could protect herself. I guess it just hurt Luhan to lose someone that unique." 

Eun Ri nodded and realized something. In the beginning, he was so against her joining and fighting. "Is that why...he hated me so much in the beginning?" 

Kris shrugged. "Probably. He just didnt want to become close to someone like Nayoung again I guess. I never realized until now how much you and Nayoung are alike but of course you are very unique on your own Ri. Nayoung was special but you, you are very special." Kris added. And it was true, Nayoung may have been able to protect herself with help but Eun Ri was able to fend for her life all on her own. 

"Luhan is over it, i guess it's just the reminder made him mad remembering how he failed Nayoung even though Nayoung forgave him. It was her family that took her away. None of it was Luhan's but he just blames himself." Xiumin added. 

Eun Ri nodded. "Should someone go and see him?" 

They all shook their heads. "He'll be fine, don't worry. Just go rest Ri." Lay added.

 

 


When she woke up the next morning, the house was eerily quiet. She went downstairs to find everyone sitting away from each other, not speaking. 

It worried her a bit. 

She sat down in front of Luhan and only got a weak smile. She stared down at her plate as Suho set down her breakfast. 

"Good morning guys." She mumbled between her bite but only got weak replies in return. She frowned when they all began to go their own ways.

 


 

*Updated March 8, 2014*

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUPER DUPER SORRRY FOR THE LONG WAIT....OFHFMKSJXS ;;

You guys probably already forgot this fic orz.

ive just been caught up with so much stuff. I MISSED YOU ALL~ 

 

I PROMISE MORE UPDATES SOON OKAY? <3