oo34

Leave It To The Guys

 

Eun Ri and Lay froze as they heard teachers announce party was over and that everyone should file back to their rooms for bed. 
 
Eun Ri froze and opened her eyes to find Lay awkwardly looking at her and even under the dim lights, she could see how deeply red his face was. 
 
She felt a bit of disappointment when Lay pulled away and averted his gaze else where.
 
"We better—uhm, go..." Lay said pushing himself off the ground and stumbling a bit. Eun Ri grabbed his extended hand, helping herself up and rubbed her arm nervously. 
 
"Right." She murmered as she followed Lay out into the crowd to soon be met by the other guys. 
 
Lay pushed forward, walking next to Luhan. He didnt know if he was being obvious about the awkward event or his best friend just knew him that well. 
 
"Something bothering you?" Luhan said as they waved goodnight to everyone. Lay met eyes with Eun Ri but there was an awkward connection until she finally waved back, making him do the same. Walking to their room, Luhan pushed forward waiting for Lay's answers. 
 
Lay jumped into his bed and buried his face into his pillow, trying to cool down his reddening cheeks. He was still thinking about how he was about to kiss Eun Ri but the teachers had ended the night. He could have kept going but he was just caught off guard that he pulled back. "Nnnmmhmhm..." He murmered. 
 
Was it wrong for him to have tried to kiss her? Would that have freaked her out? Is it going to ruin their friendship? Why the hell did he try and kiss her?! 
 
"Yixing, something is definitely bothering you." He heard Luhan say. There was a pause between Luhan's voice until he started to speak again. "Is it Eun Ri?" 
 
Lay lifted his head and rested his cheek onto his pillow. "Yeah..." 
 
Luhan nodded trying to find the right words to ask. He had purposely left the two on their own because he felt frustrated and jealous so he left to cool off a bit. 
 
"So what happened." Luhan asked. Even if he liked the same girl, he wasnt going to let it affect their friendship more than it already is. Despite wanting to be with Eun Ri himself, he'll still listen to Lay and help him the best he could. 
 
"I-I tried to kiss her?" Lay squeaked. 
 
Luhan coughed and choked on his own spit and could see Lay trying to get up to go over to him. No, he didnt want his help. Luhan shook his head and tried to calm himself down. 
 
The thought of them kissing made his stomach clench and he couldn't even bare to imagine it. He knew if they were going to get together, they'd have to kiss but for now, he didnt even want to think of it.
 
Once he stopped coughing, he looked at Lay who wore a saddened and nervous look. "Do you think I ruined our relationship Luhan? She probably thinks I'm a creep." 
 
As much as Luhan didn't want to know, he wanted to ask if she tried to respond. He couldn't stand seeing his friend being sad about a girl that he really cared about. "Did she...you know...try and kiss you back?" 
 
Lay blushed and shrugged. "I-I think." 
 
Luhan winced slightly and tried to ignore the hurting in his heart. "Then you have nothing to worry about. She tried to kiss you back. She likes you. Done." He said bluntly. More talk of them kissing was hurting him more and more and he knew there was truth behind his own words. Eun Ri wouldn't kiss just anybody and to have her even remotely respond showed she harbored some of the same feelings Lay had.
 
Lay's eyes widened. "Do you think so Luhan? Are you sure? I don't want to lose her Lu, she's different. I don't think I've ever liked a girl this much." 
 
And he was right, Luhan didn't ever remember Lay ever liking a girl this much that he was this shy and love sick. Was it right for him to want to take the girl away from him? 
 
"You're fine Yixing. Have tomorrow come and you'll see everything will be fine." Luhan said as he lied down under his sheets. 
 
He looked at his best friend who smiled back. "Thanks Luhan. Goodnight." Lay said reaching for the lamp and turning off the light. 
 
As Lay fell asleep, Luhan stayed awake, thinking about how he was the worst friend possible. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eun Ri woke up and went down to the beach where students were holding a breakfast beach party. She was clad in dark blue shorts and a large white shirt. 
 
She found Xiumin at the grill, grilling fruits and vegetables as a few of the other members served the other students. 
 
"Morning Eun Ri, pancakes?" Suho said holding out a plate with grilled fruits. 
 
Eun Ri smiled and took the plate. "Morning guys." She said forking a piece of grilled pineapple into . "When are you guys getting off cooking shift?" She said eyeing how Xiumin and Baekhyun were playing around at the grill trying to impress a bunch of girls who were giggling over how silly they were.
 
"In a bit." Suho said as he slid down more plates of food. "Chanyeol wanted to go horseback riding later, meet us at the stables in an hour?" Suho asked. 
 
Eun Ri nodded before saying bye to the guys before finding a spot under a tree near the lake. She leaned against the bark as she finished off her breakfast. 
 
She just about finished and was about to get up and leave when Lay appeared next to her. It was still awkward between them from what almost happened the night before. She'd rather forget everything than have it be awkward between them. 
 
Lay was her friend nonetheless and she didnt want something stupid to ruin their relationship. 
 
"Good morning Lay." She said trying to sound as casual as possible. Lay seemed a bit surprised but nonetheless he went along and honestly, all feelings of awkwardness went away. 
 
"Morning Ri. What's up?" He asked.
 
She smiled to herself as Lay and her talked casually. They talked about how they were going to go horseback riding later. Lay even talked about how Baekhyun had managed to burn half of the food from fooling around. 
 
A few laughs were given and by the time they finished talking, it was time to meet up at the stables. 
 
Eun Ri smiled to herself as they walked to the stables. As much as she wanted to bring up their almost kiss, she'd rather not risk making their friendship awkward. Lay knew what he was doing and whenever he chose the time to confess if he liked her, he would so she'd rather not dwell on it too much. 
 
"Hey guys!" Chanyeol said as he wrapped an arm around Eun Ri pulling her into the stables. "The trainer said choose which ever one you like and we can gear up to leave." 
 
Eun Ri nodded as she scanned the stables. She smiled at each one, but being a bit intimated by how large they were but nonetheless excited.
 
She finally stopped and chose a brown horse with white spots. "I like her." Eun Ri said petting the horse's long face. 
 
"Great, I'll go get you some knee and elbow pads and helmet." Chanyeol said running off. Eun Ri continued to play a bit with the horse as everyone started to file in and grab a horse. 
 
Soon she was geared up and mounted. Never have ridden a horse, she wasnt that nervous. She gripped her reigns as Chanyeol and a few others lead them onto the hiking trail they'd be following. 
 
The hike was pretty calm, scattered with chatter, the sounds of hooves hitting against the ground and just the buzzing of the forest life. 
 
Eun Ri kept her eyes ahead, focused on her path and failed to notice Luhan slowly riding beside her. 
 
He examined her, sighing a bit at how beautiful she really was. He never understood how he could have ever hated her so much. Maybe if he were to have accepted her earlier on, things between them would've been easier and he wouldn't be in a position where he had to choose between his own happiness and his best friend's. 
 
It was his lost technically and he had no right to intrude on Lay's relationship with her but he couldn't help but want to be selfish. He once had a love and then it obviously failed and he only longed for that feeling again. 
 
Once you lose something that made you so happy, you'd only want to bring that feeling back. Of course he wasnt in love with her, but he definitely wanted to know if Eun Ri could bring him that feeling. 
 
She already made him very happy, sometimes annoyed but happy nonetheless. 
 
He was probably the worst friend alive but was it wrong to want happiness for yourself? 
 
Eun Ri felt someone's gaze boring through the side of her head. When she turned her head, she saw Luhan looking at her but swiftly turning away. 
 
Even though they had called a truce, it felt awkward but nevertheless, she was willing to start over. "Did you need something Luhan?" 
 
Luhan gave her an innocent and surprised look before rubbing the back of his neck. "Aah, not really. I was just looking around." 
 
Eun Ri nodded her head slowly before turning her attention back onto the path. 
 
They hiked around the forest and lake for a bit, occasionally trotting quicker on the path. Near the end of the hike, they were all fledge in an intense race that Chen had started after challenging them all, last person had to make for dinner that night. 
 
Eun Ri pushed her horse forward as she galloped past Baekhyun and Kai, even Sehun and finally making herself tied with Chanyeol. 
 
Further in the back, Luhan was struggling with his horse to go faster. "C'mon.." He whined trying to get his horse to run quicker but it refused, only trotting at its own pace. 
 
Eun Ri came to an abrupt stop at the stables as she smiled in victory as everyone began to file back. They were all laughs and giggles as Luhan came trotting slowly back and hopping off his horse instantly, pouting. 
 
"Aha, you lost Luhan." Xiumin chuckled. Luhan was honestly disappointed he lost but seeing Eun Ri, laugh, even if it was at him made it all the bit better.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eun Ri walked around the beach at night. It was a fairly empty section of the lake that was only inhabited by Eun Ri and EXO. 
 
They brought out a few lanterns and a large blanket and borrowed a small grill to cook dinner. With a few supplies from the kitchen, they were set for a large dinner. 
 
The guys were joking around, Chanyeol playing his guitar and some of the others singing. 
 
She noticed Lay taking over Chanyeol's guitar and playing a song as the others began to clap and sing. They were all trying to pass some time before dinner was served. 
 
Then her eyes averted to Luhan who was sitting on the sand, grilling the meat and cooking the rice in a pot, trying to keep the food smell and smoke away from the others. 
 
She noticed him sitting with one lantern, struggling to cook. She assumed he had no idea what to really do, and since she didnt really want to eat mushy rice and burnt meat, she'd help him. 
 
She walked over and sat down, staring at him and smiling inwardly seeing his concentrated face as he kept cutting the meat to see if it was cooked and stirring the rice repeatedly. 
 
"You're gonna make porridge if you keep stirring that Luhan." She said. 
 
Luhan turned quickly almost knocking over the pot when he suddenly heard Eun Ri's voice. He frowned, "but it's gonna keep sticking to the bottom." 
 
Eun Ri looked over at the pot and noticed he put too much water. "You put too much water. You're only suppose to fill it a little less than half an inch above. Want me to do it?" 
 
Luhan stared at his sticky pot and nodded. 
 
Eun Ri smiled and took the pot, scraping out the mush. "Oh and if you want the meat to cook quicker, leave it alone for a good 10 minutes, depending on the size of the piece then cut it. You're not letting it cook." She said as she poured more rice into the pot. 
 
Luhan pouted and put his tongs down. 
 
Eun Ri placed the pot of rice on the stove and tended to Luhan's failing meat. She turned up the heat and flipped a few of the pieces around. 
 
Luhan watched as she took everything over and soon she finished making the whole dinner and he managed to do was turn the heat down or up depending on what Eun Ri said. 
 
"Here, bring these to the guys so they can start to eat. They look hungry." Eun Ri said plating the meat onto the plate. 
 
Luhan nodded and brought the meat up to the guys. 
 
"Hey, we saw you. Making Eun Ri cook when you lost." Kyungsoo said waving his finger. Luhan put the plate down. 
 
"I didnt make her! She took over." Luhan frowned. 
 
Eun Ri came over and set down the bowls of rice. 
 
"Ri, why didnt you tell us? We would've made Luhan cook instead of you." Chen said. Eun Ri raised her brow, "He didnt make me? I offered to help now leave him alone guys." She said sitting down. 
 
"See!" Luhan cried out. Inside, he was happy that she stuck up for him. He smiled to himself as they all began to eat. 
 
"So tomorrow is the dance right?" Baekhyun asked. Everyone suddenly remembered tomorrow was going to be the dance, making their night even better. 
 
"So anyone bringing a date?" Chen mused. None of the guys said yes but they looked fine. If they really wanted a date, they wouldve had one but they choose not to.
 
Eun Ri raised her brow. "Really? None of you? Not even you Sehun? Kai?" She was a bit surprised. 
 
"What? Do you want to come with me?" Sehun said giving her a playful wink. 
 
"YAH OH SEHUN!" Kai hit his best friend on the head and rolled his eyes. "She obviously wants to come with me." Kai said flashing her a playful grin. 
 
Eun Ri scoffed and took a bite of her food. "Please Kim Jongin, in your dreams." She mumbled. The guys began to laugh as Kai rolled his eyes, ignoring his best friend snickering. 
 
"But really. None of you? Dates at all?" She said. 
 
They all shook their heads.
 
"Wow..." She chuckled. "And I'm pretty sure you had to reject a couple of girls?" She said raising her brow, knowing how cold they suddenly get when girls ask them out. Some of them cold, others letting the girl off gently. 
 
Lay remembered how he had to reject at least three girls the day before because he didnt want to go with anyone but Eun Ri. He was planning to ask her to the dance but he was becoming more and more shy as the dance got closer. 
 
Luhan had promised to help but so far Lay hadn't gotten a chance to ask Luhan how to ask Eun Ri. 
 
Suddenly the male felt a nudge to his side. He turned to Luhan who was looking at him, raising his brow. Lay's mouth opened slightly to ask what, until Luhan looked over at Eun Ri. 
 
He made his mouth into an O shape and shrugged. 
 
"I'll just...hang with her there...I don't want it to be awkward." Lay whispered. Luhan nodded, surprisingly not saying anything else. 
 
"So Eun Ri? Anyone you want to go with?" Chanyeol nudged, teasing her. 
 
She glared at Chanyeol before shaking her head. "I'm not going with anyone." 
 
"So everyone is single for this dance?" Tao asked. "Then let's all take Eun Ri as our date." He suggested.
 
Eun Ri thought it was a cute idea and smiled when everyone nodded, claiming her as their dates. 
 
"Consider yourself the luckiest girl out there." Kai said cockily. "Not any girl gets to take EXO as her date to dances." 
 
She hit his head and raised her brow. "Shush it Kim." 
 
Everyone began to laugh as Kai nursed his sore head.

 

*Updated Jan. 25, 2014*

I HAVE SO MANY EXAMS THAT I HAVENT STUDIED FOR >//< 

And I have a lot of tests I have to do online, and on Monday. I probably won't get a chance to update til February. So sorry guys ;^; 

And I'm sorry for the ty chapter >//< 

I promise it will get better. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. So much stress. ;A; 

 

I hope this chapter wasnt too bad. I promise I will write a nice chapter once I get back. 

As always. Love you all and thank you for commenting and subbing. Almost at 200 subs *^* I can't, thank you so much guys!