oo39

Leave It To The Guys

Eun Ri sat outside silently as she watched EXO play basketball. Usually she'd join in on the fun but today she felt like sitting on the side lines and watching. 

Lay had kept his promise and didnt say anything to EXO about her sneaking out but now she had him being extra careful around her. He had been keeping an extra eye on her but so far, she was glad he didnt say anything. 

If EXO were to know she had snuck out, they'd have her head. So far, she's been trying to figure out as to why L.Joe didn't snatch her when he had the chance but instead let her go. It worried her and made her suspicious of his true intentions. 

She knew they were after her so why wouldn't he grab her when she had her defense down? Scary as it was to think about it, he could have easily took her down and taken her like Yongguk and his gang were trying to do. 

She clapped as Kai dunked a basket and then returned to her thoughts. 

The guys were still being super overly protective of her but they planned that they went out to a karaoke bar that night to have a little fun. 

Once the guys finished with their game of basketball, they all waited to take a shower before heading out. 

Eun Ri went back into her room to change into something nice for dinner as the guys got dressed and freshened up. 

--

Luhan noticed Lay was being more distant from him. Like during dinner, Lay would sit somewhere else rather than his place next to him or like that morning during basketball, Lay seemed to either not hear him when he asked for a pass or chose to ignore him. 

He tried to think of the things that could have possibly angered his best friend but he couldn't think of anything. Luhan snuck glances at Lay in their room as his friend threw on a gray t-shirt and tied his shoes.

Luhan coughed slightly and looked up to see if Lay noticed. The male continued to tie his shoes and ignore him. 

"Hey Lay?" He said out of the blue. 

Lay looked up and raised his brow. "Yeah?" 

Luhan noticed his annoyed expression though it seemed as if Lay was trying to not come off as it. Lay seemed to always be eager to speak about Eun Ri. Maybe that would break the ice. "So why so you think Eun Ri didn't want to play today? She usually loves to beat us right?" He added a soft chuckle in the end but he saw Lay rolling his eyes. 

"Maybe she was tired." He mumbled. 

Luhan nodded. "I guess..." He said softer. 

Lay huffed and pushed himself off his bed and made his way towards the door. Honestly, he was starting to get a feeling that Luhan was getting a little too close with Eun Ri. Call him possessive but seeing your best friend starting to like your crush would bring no one a good feeling. 

It wasnt like Lay never noticed the stupid smiles Luhan wore when Eun Ri was around. The way Luhan would wear the same expression, he himself had when he looked at Eun Ri. It made him a bit angry on the inside, jealous even. Luhan had hated her guts at first, made her cry and feel like and now he was starting to like her? 

Luhan watched as Lay left without any other words and let out a huffed breath. He frowned and slowly got up after him. He stepped out into the hallway and saw Eun Ri coming out of her room. 

He tried to hide his stupid smile seeing her. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail. She wore a gray t-shirt and jean vest and a pair of jeans. Even when clad in the most casual clothes, he couldn't understand how he could have ever hated her. 

"Hey." He said completely forgetting the worried feeling about Lay. 

Eun Ri turned around and smiled. "Hi. You ready?" 

Luhan nodded as the two walked down stairs. Luhan grabbed his keys and threw Eun Ri her helmet. She caught it and walked outside as Luhan closed the door behind them and locked it. 

Eun Ri ran to the guys and placed her helmet on top of her head. The guys decided they'd be taking one car and they'd double up on bikes. She saw Lay waving his arm and went to him. 

"Saved you a spot." Lay chuckled patting his seat behind him. Eun Ri smiled and mounted the bike. "Thanks." 

Luhan turned around to see Eun Ri already on Lay's bike. He met eyes with Lay and his jaw almost dropped. Was that a smug look on Lay's face? 

He shook his head slightly and made his way to his bike and side glanced Lay and Eun Ri again. He saw Sehun making his way towards him and smiled. "Hey Hunnie." 

Sehun rolled his eyes and climbed on. "What you're not giving noona a ride tonight?" 

Luhan shook his head as he started his bike and rode off. "No, she went to Lay first." 

Sehun smiled. "She likes Lay right? We can all see how hyung and noona look at each other." 

Luhan gritted his teeth and gripped his handle bars tighter. "I don't know."

Sehun chuckled and poked Luhan's shoulder. "Are you jealous hyung? We can all see how you look at her too." 

Luhan jerked his bike making Sehun yelp and grip his jacket tighter. "YAH ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!" 

Luhan bit back his laugh and shrugged. "Sorry, pot hole." 

Sehun huffed and got off the topic of Eun Ri and Lay, just as Luhan hoped he would. 

 

 

 


On the highway, Eun Ri laughed as Lay was telling a funny story. She didnt realize it had been a really long time since they had some one on one time. 

She glanced at Lay in the side mirror and saw how genuinely happy he looked as he continued about his story. 

The way his eyes crinkled when he smiled, the deep dimple that graced the corner of his lips when he laughed, she thought he was adorable. 

His eye smile reminded her of Luhan's too. Luhan's eyes crinkled in such a cute way, his eyes turning into crescents. She caught herself thinking of Luhan and immediately snapped out of her trance when Lay parked his bike. 

She had been thinking about Luhan a lot lately and it didnt worry her as much as it weirded her out. Luhan and her have definitely gotten further in their relationship so maybe that's why. 

"We're here." Lay said helping her off the bike. She nodded and hung her helmet off his bike and went inside with the others. 

They all got a large room and ordered lots of meat and hot pot to fill their stomaches as they ate. 

For a little fun, Kris was able to fake his age and get their group a few bottles of soju as a small treat. Of course they werent going to go too crazy with the alcohol. 

Eun Ri sat down beside Kai and Tao as they all gathered around the hot pot and began to eat as Chen chose some songs to start off with. 

Through out the night, the room was filled with loud and happy singing. Luhan leaned back watching as Eun Ri and Suho danced around singing along to Mirotic by DBSK. 

He would be having a really fun night if it werent for Lay ignoring him again. He honestly had no idea what he did to the male and at this point he was getting a bit annoyed with his best friend's secretive act. 

Noticing the ice bucket was running out, he would use this as an opportunity to go and talk to Lay privately. He grabbed the bucket and went over to Kris. "Hey, me and Lay are gonna go find someone to fill this up okay?" 

Kris nodded and waved at Lay to come over. The male got up and walked over only to be dragged out by Luhan. 

"Hey what the heck!" Lay said pulling his arm away from Luhan. 

Luhan frowned and stared hardly at his friend. "What's with you Xing?" 

Lay creased his brows and gritted his teeth. "What's wrong with me? I'm sitting there waiting for my turn to sing when you just drag me out?" 

"I don't mean that!" Luhan shouted. He noticed that they needed to be more quiet if they didnt want to attract attention. "I mean, why the hell are you ignoring me and giving me a cold shoulder? I don't think it's fair that you're ignoring me without telling me what I did wrong, if I did anything wrong!" 

He was growing tired. Before Lay would tell him anything and now it seemed like the male wouldn't tell him anything. 

Lay groaned and shook his head and tried to leave but Luhan wouldn't let him. "Let me go Luhan. Just go get the stupid ice." 

Luhan shoved his shoulder back but not harshly. "Not until you stop running away and tell me what I did." 

Lay chuckled bitterly and frowned. "You know what you're doing Luhan. I know you like Eun Ri. What happened to helping me Luhan? Cause what it looks like right now is that you're trying to steal her away." Luhan froze. "How is that suppose to make me feel? My best friend is going behind my back." 

Lay sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I know I should've just came and talked to you first but you don't understand how this makes me feel Luhan." 

"You're really hurting me Luhan." 

He was tired and just wanted to have a good night with his friends but instead it turned into a quarrel between him and his best friend. He pushed past Luhan gently. "I'm going to go back." 

He walked back to the room, leaving Luhan behind, not wanting to turn around to see what he was going to do. 

Lay walked back to their room and put on a happy facade as he stepped in. 

"Hey? Where's Luhan?" Xiumin asked. 

"He's finding a waitress. He'll be right back." Lay said sitting down. Eun Ri walked over to him and sat down next to him, smiling. 

"Hey." She chirped. Her mood was honestly great currently. She was glad she was out of the house and enjoying her time with her friends. 

"Hi." Lay replied back. 

Eun Ri could see some sort of discomfort in his expression and tone. She also found it strange how Luhan and him werent together. They were so conjoined at the hip that she was amazed Lay came back Luhan-less. 

"Is...something wrong?" Eun Ri asked poking his arm gently. "Where's Luhan?" 

"Does it matter?" Lay snapped the moment he heard Eun Ri ask where Luhan was. Am I losing you to him?!

Eun Ri's eyes widened and she inched away and that was when Lay realized who had just snapped at. He was just annoyed and the second he heard Luhan's name come out of , it just hurt him a bit thinking that he was losing her to him. 

"I-uh..." Eun Ri murmered. 

Lay sighed and turned to her. "I am so sorry. I didnt mean to snap, it's just.." 

Eun Ri smiled and squeezed his arm. "It's fine, you don't have to say anything. I understand and remember Yixing, I'm here." She said. She grabbed two cups and filled it with a bit of soju before handing him a cup. "And I don't like seeing you upset so let's forget our troubles hmm?" She said clinking their cups together. 

Lay chuckled and nodded. And this is why he fell for her so hard. The way she could make everything so much better was one of the reasons he liked her so much. "Cheers." 

"Cheers." 

After an hour of drinking and singing, Eun Ri began to notice Luhan never came back. A waitress had brought them their buckets of ice but no Luhan ever showed up. 

Everyone else didnt seem to mind and she remembered how they knew Luhan could handle himself but it sort of worried her. Even Lay seem to not give a damn as to where his best friend was. 

Everyone was busy munching on chips and snacks when she slipped out of the room. 

She closed the door quietly behind her and looked around the hall. She pressed her lips into a thin line as she made her way around the building trying to find Luhan. 

She was a bit surprised that she found him so quickly when she saw him sitting in the lobby of the building on his new phone. She walked over to the couches he was sitting at and sat down. 

Luhan felt the couch bounce a bit and when he lifted his head, he met eyes with the one person he was thinking about the whole time. 

He felt like the lowest of the lowest. He was hurting his best friend. All this time, he thought Lay had taken no notice but when in reality, his best friend had caught on with everything. 

"Hey, is something wrong?" Eun Ri said poking his shoulder gently. 

Luhan gave her a forced smile and shrugged. 

Eun Ri pursed her lips and frowned. "First Lay, now you too Luhan? Is something going on that you guys aren't telling me about?" 

She frowned when Luhan simply shook his head. "Then what's wrong? Why are you sitting out here instead of inside with us?" 

Luhan leaned back and sighed. "Just...some stuff. Don't worry about it Kitten." He chuckled as she rolled her eyes at the nickname. "C'mon, let's go back then." 

As they were about to go back, Eun Ri's phone buzzed. Taemin had gone out and taken the liberty to buy her a new phone since her old one was still broken. She creased her brows at the strange message. 

She turned to Luhan who only gave her a look, urging her to open the message. 

She opened the message and froze. 

 

To: Go Eun Ri
From: Unknown

Don't tell EXO. Come meet up with me around 12 at the park? I just want to talk. 
-L.Joe

 

Eun Ri and Luhan raced back to the room, nearly kicking open the door. Before anyone could say anything, Luhan turned off the music. 

"YAH! LUHAN!" Baekhyun shouted. 

Luhan gave him a stern look before gesturing for Eun Ri's phone. 

"What's the big deal?" Kris asked noticing how freaked out Luhan and Eun Ri looked. 

"The big deal is that Byunghyun got a hold of Eun Ri's number and is telling her to meet up with him." Luhan scowled, pushing the phone towards Kris. 

EXO gathered around the phone and froze at the message. 

Eun Ri paced the room, pressing Luhan's phone to her ear. After a few rings, she nearly popped Taemin's ear drums. 

"OPPA!" She shouted as he picked up. She knew it was late and she felt bad for waking him up but she needed to know how L.Joe had gotten a hold of her number. 

"Aaaah, Ri...why are you calling so late?" She heard his voice groan. He was probably up studying for exams and had just fallen asleep.

"Tae, I'm sorry for waking you up but I have to ask you something. Someone named L.Joe texted me? Do you know how he got my number?" 

"L.Joe? Isnt he one of your friends? I bumped into him at the mall and he came up to me asking if I had your number? He said he saw us a few times and he lost contact with you so I gave him your number. Why? Was he not a friend?" 

Leave it to Taemin to believe everything he heard. Eun Ri sighed, and leave it to L.Joe to take advantage of Taemin. He and his gang had probably been watching her for awhile but decided to not strike. They must have seen her with Taemin and then used him to their advantage. 

"No, it's fine. I was just wondering. Thanks oppa and Tae?" 

"Hmmm?

"Don't always believe everyone okay?" She laughed lightly. "And I'm sorry for waking you up. Good luck on exams! Fighting!" 

Taemin told her goodnight and hung up. She walked back towards the guys who were still talking over the text message. She gave Luhan's phone back and waited for the guys' conversations to die down. 

"Well, Taemin ended up being the one to give them my number." She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"So should we reply?" Eun Ri said sitting down next to the phone. 

"What?!" Sehun shouted incredulously. "Reply?! Hell no. We aren't letting you go to that guy!" 

"Yeah, who knows what he would do." Chen scowled. "You're not going." 

Eun ri frowned. She knew L.Joe was anything but joking. If he took the liberty to text her, he meant business and after he saved her sorry , he definitely wanted to talk and she knew there would be consequences if she were to skip out. For example, the safety of EXO would be diminished. 

"I have to." Eun Ri said. 

"Are you crazy?!" Luhan shouted. "There is no way we are letting you go alone!" 

Eun Ri smirked. "Who said I was going to go alone?" 


*Updated Feb. 20, 2014*

I feel like this story is growing a bit boring >//< 

I am really sorry. It'll get better. I hope you enjoy this update. 

As always, thank you for all the comments/subs/upvotes ^^

Lol I got 'cheonsa' subbies. 1004 is such a good song btw lol but thank you everyone :3