oo19

Leave It To The Guys

The weekend flew by as well as part of the week. Eun Ri wasn't sure how she survived the last few days but she did. Seeing how EXO showered her with love without hesitation made her realize they were doing it on their own and not out of pity, which gave her assurance that she wasnt being a nuisance. 

Though the last few days have been fine, many things have floated across her mind. Her Abeoji's funeral would be held in the afternoon and she wasn't sure how she was going to handle it. 

Waking up to find a message from Taemin saying that the funeral was going to be brief and small made her stomach churn and her heart heavy. She couldn't imagine her Abeoji lying lifelessly in a coffin but she knew she had to attend. It was the least she could do for the man who saved her life and changed her for the better.

Eun Ri sat in her make shift room and hugged her knees close to her face. She stared at the mirror on the wall and eyed herself. She was in a black dress she managed to find in her small wardrobe and wore black heels. 

With her dark hair and also dark eyes, the black seemed to overtake her. Her pale skin contrasted greatly making her look lifeless. She felt so empty and the dark colors were not helping at all.

She was happy to know that Taemin also invited EXO to come along as well. She felt a bit better knowing they'd be by her side at the least if Taemin wasn't. She was nervous about who she'd meet there. For most of her life with her Abeoji, she only met some relatives but it mainly stayed between her grandparents and Taemin. 

She was sure other relatives knew about her but she never wanted to ask, scared of what she might hear. I mean, what would you think if one of your relatives took in a random stranger. It wasnt a normal thing to do and judgement was inevitable. 

She heard a knock on her door and crawled off the bed to go see who it was. Opening the door, she saw Lay dressed in all black with his soft brown colored hair styled back nicely. He gave her a soft smile which somehow amazingly eased her heavy heart.

"Taemin is outside." Lay said. Eun Ri nodded and ran back inside to grab her clutch and closed the door behind her. Lay had not moved out of the way before she closed the door, so she found herself pressed against his chest by accident. 

The two seperated quickly and blushed. "U-Uh, we should probably get going." Eun Ri said softly, brushing past the male. Her cheeks were burning and continued to burn as she heard Lay's soft foot steps behind her. 

Walking down the stairs to the kitchen, Eun Ri saw the others waiting at the front door. She gave everyone the strongest smile she could and let out a sigh. "Ready to go guys?" 

Luhan wasn't surprised to see her trying to act strong. He knew she was thick headed and tried to remain as strong as possible at all times but he really wondered if she had a breaking point. She seemed to always be so stubborn and refused to back down. He shook his head and let out a small smirk. Stubborn Kitten...

Eun Ri walked out and waved at the others before entering the car with Taemin. She wanted to be with Taemin for the ride there while the others would meet up with her at the hall. 

"Hey oppa." She said softly. She took notice of Taemin's tired face and how lifeless he seemed. The tan glow he once had was turned to a pale glare and the sparkle in his eyes seemed to be dimmed. 

"Hey Ri." Taemin lifted his arm and welcomed the girl into his arms. Wrapping them around her small shoulders, he pulled her close, worrying whether the young girl was going to be able to take in everything that was going to happen. 

Eun Ri closed her eyes and rested her head against the last person she had from her past. Everyone was gone except for him now and she was afraid to lose him so she wrapped her arms around his waist. Taemin, not surprised by her actions, squeezed her arm gently. "Are you going to be okay Ri?"

She nodded weakly. She knew she was going to be okay. Once she was assured her Abeoji was in a happier place and could rest in peace, she knew that life would only get brighter from there. Her Abeoji wouldn't want her to live in the darkness for the rest of her life so she aimed to become happier.

Seeing him one last time would ease her heart before he was buried away to make his way to heaven. 

The ride was short in reality but felt like an eternity in her mind. Stepping out of the car was like stepping into a danger zone. She knew no one at the funeral and it was even tougher to step into an area where her grandfather was lying right before her very eyes. 

Taemin had gone somewhere to greet other family and she never felt so alone. She knew what lonliness felt like but this lonliness was mixed with fear and she hadn't experienced this ever since she left prison. 

Feeling scared was something Eun Ri wasn't used to and she didnt really know to react but to run away. Making her way through random crowds and brushing past family members of her Abeoji and Taemin, she soon found a door that was clear of the crowd.

Pushing it open, Eun Ri stepped outside onto a balcony and finally felt like she could breathe. The balcony was bare except for her and she liked it that way. She made her way towards the edge and leaned out, looking down at the ground.

 

 

Lay entered the hall and immediately began looking for Eun Ri. He spotted her in the middle of the room standing near her grandfather's casket. Thinking she would go towards it, she completely surprised him by running the opposite direction. 

He was about to chase after her when Kai grabbed his wrist. "Hyung, where are you going?" 

"I saw Eun Ri running somewhere, I was going to go see if she was okay." Dropping his hyung's coat, Kai nodded letting the older run to find the girl. 

Lay ran towards the direction that Eun Ri had gone and soon found himself standing at the entry way of the door, staring at the girl who was leaning on the balcony. He knocked softly on the door and soon, was eye to eye with the girl who made his heart race. 

Eun Ri was surpised to see Lay but nonetheless happy. She wasnt so afraid anymore with him around and she secretly thanked him in her mind for taking her fears away. "Oh, Lay. Hi, I didn't know you guys were here yet." 

She watched as Lay made his way to her and stood beside her. Their arms were brushing against each other but she didnt mind. 

Turning her gaze away once again, she tried to keep herself from blushing again. The whole atmosphere reminded her of the night a few days before where Lay told her she could always come to him if she was in trouble. 

She assumed he was here once again to do the same. To lend her a hand when she fell and to pick her back up and lead the way. 

"So why aren't you inside? I saw you run away...," she heard him say softly. Honestly, running away was cowardly and didnt seem like the "Eun Ri" thing to do but it was her automatic reaction. What else could you do when faced with one of your greatest fears? Facing it just didnt seem like the most painless choice.

"Y-Yeah, it was a bit...stuffy." She lied. 

She knew better than to lie because for some reason, Lay could see right through her. He always seemed to know how she felt so lying was doing no justice for her. 

"Uh huh." Lay said his dry lips. "Was it stuffy or was it something else?" 

Eun Ri couldn't hide anymore. She sighed and shrugged, "I don't know Lay. I felt so...alone. I was scared too and I just—" She frustratedly grabbed her hair and let out a soft cry. 

She was shocked when Lay wrapped her arms around her and hugged her tightly. "Running away won't solve anything Ri...do you think your Abeoji would want you to run away from him?" 

She felt guiltly. Of course not but she was afraid she wouldn't be able to face him without breaking down into a million pieces. "N-No." Her voice cracked from the pain of holding in her tears. Swallowing the large lump in was becoming a sharp pain and she wasnt sure if she could hold it in.

"If not, then let's go see him." Lay said. Grabbing her hand, he intertwined them tightly and dragged her back inside. He knew it was probably painful for her to do so, but he wanted to show she'd be okay especially with him by her side.

Eun Ri blushed as Lay pulled her to his side and walked her right up to the casket. 

Eun Ri watched as Lay bowed deeply. "Hello sir. I hope you remember me. It's Lay-ssi, Eun Ri's friend?" Eun Ri stood still and continued to listen as Lay talked to her Abeoji. "I am sorry she ran away but I brought her back sir." 

She blushed and turned to her Abeoji. Not even bowing, she imagined in her head her Abeoji hitting her with a ladle and calling her a brat. Her lips soon curved into a small smile and though she wore a smile on her face, her eyes read her real emotions. "Sorry Abeoji that I ran away. I was being a brat hmm?" She chuckled softly.

Silence enveloped them for a moment before she mustered up the courage to continue. "I miss you Abeoji." It was short and simple but meaningful. "I feel like a burden all the time but I know you wouldn't want me to, so I won't. People tell me I'm not so I will try to not feel like one. 

She knew Lay was still standing with her, their fingers laced tightly but she didnt mind spilling her thoughts with him there. She could even feel Lay squeezing her hand from time to time and it seemed to make everything a bit better.

"Taemin oppa misses you a lot too. He takes care of me well but I don't want him to. He has his own life to tend to." She could feel tears slipping down her face but she didnt care. "I feel alone a lot of the time without you." 

"I hope you're okay where ever you are. I hope you will be proud of who I become. I love you Abeoji." She began to cry harder at this point but she knew it she could only hold it in for so long. 

She suddenly felt herself being tugged into Lay's arms as he hugged her tightly. What he said next really surprised her. 

"Hello again sir. Sorry but Eun Ri can't talk right now but I just wanted to say a few things before we go." Lay rubbed her back softly and rested his chin on her head. "Though she feels lonely, I don't want you to worry about her sir. I want you to know she had EXO to support her when she falls." 

"I also want to let you know that I am here to catch her when she falls. I won't ever let her touch the ground and hurt herself sir. She won't feel lonely anymore, especially when she's with me. I won't let her. I will make sure she lives a happy life and is always happy so you don't have to worry about her where ever you are." 

Though it seemed like he was directing it towards her Abeoji, in his mind was actually directing his words to Eun Ri. He wanted her to know he was there and that he cared about her a lot but he was too shy to say it directly towards her but he hoped she got the message.

He didn't really know how but this one girl had managed to completely steal his heart within a matter of weeks. She amazingly could make his heart race just by smiling, his whole body melt by her laugh and his cheeks burn when she looked at him. And now that he had her, he didnt want anything to ever happen to his precious gift. She made him happy so he only wanted to return the favor 

Eun Ri's heart raced with every word that Lay poured out. Their turn ended and Lay lead her out to the rest of EXO who were sitting at a table waiting for Lay. They werent too surprised to find him with Eun Ri and they werent shocked to find her crying either.

Deciding Eun Ri needed to go home and take a break, one of the members found Taemin and told the older they'd be taking Eun Ri home.

____________________

While Eun Ri was asleep, some of the guys sat in the living room watch soccer. Luhan leaned back on the recliner as he watched his favorite team score another goal. 

It was a comfortable quietness, as Lay sat on his computer, Xiumin and Chanyeol were playing cards and Kris and Luhan watched their sport. 

Many thoughts ran through Luhan's mind and none of which had to do with soccer. He thought back to the funeral and how Lay had magically disappeared. Though Kai had said the older had gone somewhere and was going to be back, Luhan couldn't help but think Lay was searching for Eun Ri.

So far, Luhan was being kind to Eun Ri but mainly because she was going through tougher times. He wasnt that much of a jerk to bring her down when she was already at her weakest point. 

But back to his best friend, he began to notice Lay taking more interest in Eun Ri. He didnt really know why and it kind of made him weirded out. What was it about Eun Ri that his best friend was so attracted to? 

He seemed to invest his time into this girl and Luhan couldn't really wrap his fingers around as to why. He looked up at his best friend and soon met eyes with him. Cocking his head, Lay raised his brow. "What?" 

Luhan shrugged before sitting up. "Do you really like Eun Ri?" Lay was surprised at his best friend's blunt question and soon the others in the room turned their attention towards the Chinese.

Kris pressed his lips into a thin line. "Yeah. You and Eun Ri have been getting pretty close hmm?" Kris chuckled as Lay's cheeks turned a bright red color. 

"I– uh, well she—" Lay began to stutter making the rest of the guys laugh. 

Burying his face into his hands, he whimpered. "Can you guys please not say anything?" 

Xiumin chuckled and raised his hand to pat the male on the knee. "Of course not Xing Xing." 

Chanyeol leaned back and rested himself against the couch. "But warning you Xing, if you don't confess first someone else might." He said adding a wink. Of course Chanyeol was only joking but he just wanted to see what kind of reaction Lay would get.

As Lay was flipping out asking if there was really a chance he would lose her, Luhan scrunched his nose and wondered why anyone else would like Eun Ri.

She was obnoxious and annoying, stubborn and loud, and everything else that was opposite of what a girl should be. Luhan scoffed a bit and crossed his arms. Whoever the someone else Chanyeol was talking about was, it was definitely not ever, ever going to be him. 


*Updated Nov. 3, 2013*

Apologizing for errors and any confusion

Lots of LayRi fluff ^^ I don't know if it's any good but I tried right xD

I won't have school on Tuesday so I might update again then, but if not, I'll update on the weekend.

 

Also A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. I HIT OVER 100 SUBBIES ;^;

Usually, it would take months before I hit the 100+ mark but this time it only took about a month or two. I am so grateful to all of you and all of your lovely comments ^^ You guys don't know how happy I get when I recieve lots of comments on a chapter I worked really hard on so thank you. 

So as a thank you, the next chapter will be dedicated to you guys. Is there anything you want to see? 

LayRi fluff? LuRi fluff? EXO x Eun Ri fluff? Etc?

Also I really want to thank those who upvoted. I love you ^^

writingcrazed 
Miss_Lady 
I-Love-EXO 
Gabinne 
Baeklu017 
NazIJunK 
ImaStar1 
Floqkpop 
giantsfan225 
hithere-- 
Luussjje