oo15

Leave It To The Guys

"Hey Ri! Can you get some green onions from the back?" Taemin called from the kitchen. Eun Ri looked up from her history homework and nodded. She closed the notebook and headed towards the back to grab the ingrediants.

She went into the storage room and flipped on the lights. She glanced around and found the box of green onions. Grabbing a few, she headed back towards the kitchen. 

"Here you go oppa." She said. Placing them down, she yawned and stretched her arms before smacking her lips together. Taemin chuckled and grabbed a bunch before chopping them. "Tired?" He asked.

Eun Ri leaned onto the counter and nodded. "Mmm...I was staying up trying to figure out all my bills." She said softly. Taemin stopped chopping and looked at her worriedly. "Is Mrs.Kang getting on your case again?"

Mrs.Kang, her old hag of a land owner. From the moment Eun Ri walked in at the age of 16, Mrs.Kang was a . She guessed the idea of a teenager living in one of her old ratty rooms wasn't to her liking. Eun Ri was always given a few weeks extra to get her money in but at this point since she is older, Mrs.Kang wasn't giving her any slack anymore. 

Taemin groaned and continued to chop. "That old hag needs to know you're still a kid. You have school and you're juggling work." He furiously began to chop until Eun Ri placed her hand on top of his to prevent him from cutting himself. Placing down the knife Taemin sighed, "I don't get why you're doing this Ri. Can't you go live with your par–" Taemin stopped talking as Eun Ri sent him a deathly glare.

She hated her parents and always will and bringing them up was like sending yourself into a tiger cage with a meat costume. Her gaze softened after Taemin seemed to get the message. She sighed and tucked back a strand of hair, "I don't want to oppa." She said.

Taemin wiped off his hands on his apron and got two bowls of ramyun set. Taemin blew his bangs out of his eyes and sighed, "Then come live with me? Seriously Ri, you're not a burden, we can definitely make room." 

Eun Ri shook her head. Taemin already had to share his room with 4 other guys and adding one more person wasnt going to make it anymore better. "Tae Tae, I'm fine. I don't think you guys need another mouth to feed." She smiled softly but Taemin's frown made her smile fade away.

"I still don't get why you won't tell Abeoji about all your troubles Ri. He can help." Taemin said placing the bowls onto a tray.

Walking out with the tray, Eun Ri trailed behind. She walked in step with him by his side and shoved her hands into her apron pockets. "I don't want to bother Abeoji with my problems. He's done enough for me oppa, asking for more is pushing it." 

She waited for Taemin to place down the orders at the right tables before continueing to talk. They walked back to the counter and leaned against it, observing the dining room.

"Ri, you're too stubborn. You act as if you're the biggest burden ever." Taemin whined.

Cause I have been and always will be. She looked down and back up before leaning her head onto his shoulder. "I just don't want to cause anymore trouble." I'm done causing trouble for the ones I care about. 

Taemin wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. "Go Eun Ri, you need to be selfish for once." He chuckled as Eun Ri stuck her tongue out at him. 

"I can be when I want to Tae Tae." She joked. "Like right now." She wrapped her arms tightly around his waist. "Oppa, promise me you'll always be by my side?" 

Taemin chuckled and ruffled her hair. From other's eyes they probably looked like a couple, but he could never imagine liking Eun Ri in that way.

"Yah! Brat, what if I get a girlfriend?" Taemin pouted. Eun Ri looked up and glared, "Then you put me first cause I'm your girl." She said childishly. Taemin laughed and pinched her waist making her yelp.

She was really grateful to have Taemin by her side, forever and always. 

____________________

Eun Ri went upstairs to find Mrs.Kang standing at her door, struggling to shove a key into the hole. Eun Ri frowned and cleared , "I see you can't get in either. I think it's time you fix up the damn place." 

Mrs.Kang jolted up and pressed her chubby back against the door. The middle aged curly haired woman glared at the young girl before smirking. "It won't be long until you leave and then you won't have to deal with this "damn" place anymore." 

Eun Ri pushed past the woman and shoved her own key into the hole and jiggled it at the right angle to allow herself in. "Dream on lady. I'll get your stupid money in." Slamming the door in the woman's face, Eun Ri pressed her back against the door. 

"I highly doubt that Ms.Go! See you when I kick you out!" The woman spat. Eun Ri listened as her heels clicked away down the hall. 

She slid down onto the floor until her bottom reached the floor. Covering her face with her hands, Eun Ri groaned. After cooling off, she pushed herself off the floor and headed for her kitchen. 

She opened the fridge and frowned at the lack of groceries. She would head out later before it got too dark out to get some more food and attempt to try the new recipe Taemin had tought her. 

Heading towards her kitchen window, she opened it and stuck her head out. 

Many things ran through her mind. First, her bills of course. If she couldn't pay them soon then she'd be on the streets but she knew her Abeoji and Taemin wouldn't allow it, but she hoped she wouldn't have to end up relying on them for housing. 

Second was her family. The moment Taemin brought them up, they never left. It was like they finally found an opening to her mind and took the opportunity to invade it and stay there. 

She gripped her hair and closed her eyes. The main reason she was even in the state she was, was because of her family. 

When she was younger, she was a prim and proper child, hard to believe we know. Her parents being the successful doctors they were made sure their one and only daughter was going to follow in their foot steps and be the best she could. Little Eun Ri was to always be dressed in a crisp, ironed dress with her shiny Mary Janes that were not allowed to be scuffed.

Her black hair was always kept in curls tied into two low pigtails with matching colored elastics that would coordinate with her outfits. 

She was to greet her parents' guests with respect and bow at the correct angle her nanny taught her to. 

In school all the way up to 6th grade, she was to get all A+'s nothing lower and if she did, then her nanny would scold her and make her redo everything she got wrong 10 times to make sure she never forgot. Her afternoons consisted of her sitting at her desk writing one Korean symbol over and over again on a two sheets of paper to make sure her hand writing was to a tee.

Once she entered 6th grade, she met a few people who changed her life for better or worse. Better in her eyes and worse in her parents. She began to get the idea of individuality and freedom and her parents were not pleased. Though they loved their daughter dearly, they could not let their hard work go to waste.

Every time Eun Ri was invited to a party, she was denied by her parents and sent to her room. One night in 8th grade, she had enough and snuck out and it was one of the best things she's ever done in her life. 

For once she was free and happy but it wasnt until her parents came and shut down the party accusing the host of brain washing their daughter into sneaking out and coming to said party. From then, Eun Ri didn't really have friends anymore. But not like they wanted to anyways, Eun Ri was a violent freak.

Soon she became a trouble maker and got into many fights. Feeling small and weak all her life, she was fed up with people looking down upon her so she took it out by fighting when someone challenged her. 

It was one night when Eun Ri got into fight in front of her house and was sent to the police. Her parents werent happy to find that their daughter was held behind bars for beating up two men. 

"Do you realize what a disgrace you are Eun Ri?" 

"How will others view us when they hear about this?" She could see her mother vividly, her face redder than her blush, glaring at her. Her father was pointing fingers at her while shouting loudly. She winced, remembering the memory. 

"You're 15 for god's sake! Eun Ri what the hell are you thinking?!" Her father shouted loudly. Eun Ri's eyes began to water as her father and mother wouldn't allow her to talk. 

"Eomma, Appa..." She tried to speak but they glared at her which silenced her immediately.

Eun Ri curled her fists tightly until her knuckles turned white. If they had only let her talk, if only they knew that those two men were trying to rob them, trying to take all their money and possesions to sell. If she knew that her parents would have reacted that way, she would have let the men rob them.

"Don't think we're getting you out of this." Her father shouted. "We've had enough." 

And they really didnt. Eun Ri was without a lawyer in court and lost her case. The two men she had beaten up had hired a good enough lawyer that it was enough to send Eun Ri to juvey for a year. 

Juvey was a cold place. No one was kind and everyone was for themselves. She had never felt so alone in her life. 

The night before she was released, she was beaten badly and the police didnt even seem to notice her condition as they set her free. She was hoping to find her family waiting for her but she could not see her father's Range Rover anywhere. 

16 year old Eun Ri was left limping her way around Seoul she finally collasped but it was to her luck that an old man found her. He took her in like his own daughter, fed her, clothed her and provided her a good job. Eun Ri thanked this man and owed him her life, the man she called her Abeoji. She skipped a year of school but now she was back in the appropriate grade since she was smart enough to skip Junior year.

The rest of the story leads up to now. Her Abeoji kept her out of trouble and she thanked him for it. As for her family, she hasn't contacted them since the day she was taken in by her Abeoji. The old man had called up her family and they immediately demanded they have their daughter back but her Abeoji refused after their neglegence to pick her up. She thought she wouldve been happy to know her family still wanted her back but she wasnt. She could've cared less. Her heart was turned into stone at the idea of letting them back into her heart.

Eun Ri was almost positive that her Abeoji would update them from time to time but she didnt care. She was happy where she was. She had her Abeoji, Taemin and EXO and even though Luhan was an , she didnt think she could ever hate him that much.

Eun Ri let out a shakey breath and wiped her eyes which she didnt realize were tearing up. She forced a smile and headed for the front door to go pick up groceries. 

Grabbing her coat, she headed out of the apartment building and headed for the local market. After picking up things to make soondubu jigae, she stood in line waiting for her turn at the cashier. She glanced around and tuned into the TV.

"Yes Minji, it seems that our city is on the look out for a criminal. He is said to have been robbing many places lately with a gun in hand. So far no one has been killed but he must be stopped soon." The reporter said.

Eun Ri chewed on her lip nervously as she payed for her food. She was worried about her grandfather at his shop alone doing some last minute bills. 

The moment she got home, she was relieved to see her Abeoji at the counter. She pushed the door open and saw a man sitting and eating. The man smiled at her and continued to eat.

"Abeoji!" She shouted.

Her Abeoji looked up and smiled. "Hey brat. What are you doing out so late? You have school tomorrow." He frowned. Eun Ri chuckled and shook her head, "Ah, I know, I just wanted to check up on you." She felt stupid for worrying over nothing. Deep inside her, she just didnt want a repeat of what happened with her family.

"Of course, I just have this last customer and I'm all set to head home Ri. You go home and rest, I'll see ou tomorrow." Her Abeoji said softly, waving her off.

Eun Ri bowed her head and smiled, "Goodnight Abeoji. Love you." 

"Love you too Ri." He said waving. 

Eun Ri walked past the customer and smiled, "Goodnight sir." 

The man looked up from his bowl and smiled, giving her a wave, "Goodnight young lady." 

Eun Ri did what her grandfather said and headed home, took a shower and headed for bed. She crawled into bed and snuggled up onto the blanket and smiled softly. She never realized how lucky she really was to be where she was in life.

Though she has many obstacles to face, she knows she has people to back her up if she ever needs them. 


*Updated Oct. 21, 2013*

I decided to update and let this be a background chapter. So now we know a it more about our main Eun Ri ^^ 

So any opinions on her? 

Funny story. So you guys read how Eun Ri would be forced to write the same symbol over and over again, I had to do the same thing LOOOL, my childhood consisted of my mom making me write "A,A,A,A,A,,a,a,a,a,a," on multiple sheets of paper. Oh god, only if I still had the multiple notebooks she made me write in lol. Of course my mom wasnt that strict and I have to thank her because I have the neatest hand writing out of all my friends lol

Btw, her family does love her, it was just that they were very strict and punctual. I didn't think the usual cliche, rich family, non loving parents fit Eun Ri much.

Im gonna go do homework now okay? I'll talk you guys soon xoxo 안녕 

 

p.s.Topp Dogg showcase soon and Teen Top's repackaged album. So excited ;__;)~ spent the whole day memorizing Topp Dogg and listening to Teen Top Class and again, a nonEXO re