oo29

Leave It To The Guys

Eun Ri jogged slowly behind as Luhan and Lay were far ahead of her. Maybe she was losing shape or maybe they were truely getting better because when she was half out of breath, Lay and Luhan were still going strong. Or so it seemed.

Luhan was in a mental battle with Lay. Lay was jogging casually until Luhan challenged him to a race. Of course he agreed to his best friend's challenge and that's when the two males began to race, leaving behind the one person they both were subconsciously wanting to spend time with.

Luhan knew he was stronger, and maybe if he could impress Eun Ri, he could get more attention from her. He was going strong but he didn't realize how much stronger Lay had also gotten. Before Luhan could beat him at a race but now, Lay seemed to be going strong, maybe even stronger.

Originally, he planned to make Eun Ri look stupid in front of Lay but when he noticed that Lay was getting awfully clingy to her, he felt a surge of jealousy. Plans change.

By the end of the daily jog, Luhan was falling behind as Lay pushed off and raced to the mat, jumping in victory. 

Luhan bent down, resting his sweaty palms on his knees as Lay danced around. "Aha, beat you Han." Lay sang as he skipped around. 

He really couldn't believe Lay had beaten him. How well was Eun Ri training him? Luhan panted as he forced a smile to his best friend whom was beaming as Eun Ri finally made her way out of the forest.

She was exhausted and lost them half way through the jog. She had no idea what gotten into their minds for them to have suddenly picked up speed and leave her behind. She didn't mind at all but she was definitely confused. 

She pulled into the clearing and saw Lay dancing around as Luhan was sitting, panting hard. She raised her brow and walked over and suddenly Lay wrapped his arms around her waist picking her up. 

"Woah!" Eun Ri said as she was lifted off the ground. Her heart began to pound as Lay flashed his fatal dimpled smile. "I beat Luhan! You're training is working!" He chirped.

Eun Ri blushed and his her face slightly as she smiled sheepishly. "It's your hard work, I'm just here to help Lay." 

The two smiled at each other until Lay realized what situation they were in. He immediately put her down and blushed deeply but it was hidden by his already red face from running. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and apologized sweetly. 

"I'm going to go inside and get us some water. I'll be right back." Lay said jogging inside.

Eun Ri stood there dazed, oblivious to the lethal glares Luhan was giving the two of them. He didnt like the feeling growing inside him, gnawing at his heart as he watched the two smile at each other like that. 

Eun Ri snapped out of her trance and sighed happily before hearing a scoff. She turned around to find Luhan pulling at the grass harshly, ripping up the roots and causing dirt to fly everywhere. She clicked her tongue before sitting down near him, "Someone a sore loser?" She chuckled. 

Luhan blew a rasberry before glaring at her. "Me? A loser? I was just going easy on him." 

Eun Ri pressed her lips into a thin line. She didn't like how he couldn't have put aside his pride and be happy for his best friend. "You know, you could be happy for him at least. He's worked really hard." 

Luhan's harsh expressions softened when he realized he was being a jerk towards his best friend even if it was passive. He sighed, hating that Eun Ri was right. He hated how she could make him feel so many emotions, angry, embarrassed, happy and most importantly guilty. It was almost as if she had a hold on him and he was her puppet. 

He looked away which signaled he felt bad. Eun Ri sighed. Luhan was definitely was confusing one. Earlier at afternoon, Luhan and her were fighting, literally at each other's throats but now Luhan was being submissive and listening. 

But she didnt fully trust him. He said he would get payback and she would watch out now. She wasnt going to let Luhan succeed in whatever he was aiming for. 

Luhan coughed, "besides you lost anyways. I was in second and second is the best." 

Eun Ri rolled her eyes. "I'm not here to beat you guys, I'm here to help? That's what trainers do?" She replied in a snarky manner. She blew on her bangs until she saw Lay run out with three bottles of water. Grabbing one from the mail, she took a long sip before waiting for the two males to breathe before continueing. 

Luhan opened his bottle and took a sip. Something competitive arose in him and he found himself even trying to finish his bottle of water quicker than Lay. He finished and slammed the bottle down, satisfied that he beat Lay at drinking until he realized that they were staring at him weirdly 

Luhan blushed and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Thirsty..." 

As Lay chuckled, Eun Ri rolled her eyes. 

Lay- 2

Luhan- 0

 

 

Eun Ri stood her ground as Lay tackled her to the ground. Of course, as usually he slipped his hand under her head to avoid her getting hurt despite the protests that she'd be fine. 

Luhan was sitting off the side watching the two until it was his turn. 

Eun Ri smiled as Lay successfully pinned her down. Her held her wrists down and he used his knees to keep her from kicking him like she taught him. 

"That was really good Lay but try and lean forward a bit. That way your opponent can't raise their upper body and knock you over." She didnt realize what the after effects would be until Lay was closer to her face. 

His bangs drooped down, barely touching her forehead. Her breathing hitched and she began to hold her breath as Lay's cheeks turned pink. "L-Like this?" He said shakily. He was nervous as hell and his heart was beating. 

She's so beautiful...he thought as his eyes traced her face. She was the definition of perfection in his eyes. Her lashes casting small shadows on her face, her button nose and smooth cheeks. All of which he would love to kiss if he could grow courage and ask her out already.

He's had the intentions for so long but he was scared. Scared of rejection.

"T-That's good Lay." Eun Ri tried to say without sounding too shakey. She blushed at the close proximity between them, trying to ignore the beating inside her chest. 

The two smiled until Lay was pried off by Luhan who thought the two were clinging to each other a bit too long. Lay fell onto his as Luhan gave him a friendly smile. 

Eun Ri pushed herself off the mat and glared at Luhan. Was this his payback? Did he know that she liked Lay and now he was out to ruin whatever they already built up? 

"Was there a reason you interuppted our training?" Eun Ri said. 

Luhan's eyes grew wide as he opened his mouth but nothing came out. He didnt really have any back up reason as to why except for, "Yeah, so I don't like you and Lay being so close cause it makes me jealous." 

"It's...my turn?" Luhan squeaked. 

Eun Ri almost burst into a fit of laughter at how Luhan's voice raised a pitch until he glared at her with such intensity that gave her chills. She cleared and nodded. "Oh-Okay." 

Luhan helped up Lay and apologized quietly. Lay, being the considerate friend he is, said there was nothing to apologize for. Lay smiled and took a seat off the mat to watch the two. 

Eun Ri stood and Luhan eyed her. She raised her brow as ticked away. What was he waiting for? As she opened , Luhan tackled her and sent her to the ground. She groaned in pain and Luhan sat on top of her, smiling. 

She opened her eyes and saw a glint of mischief in his eyes. She smirked as she raised her knees and hit him hard on the back making him topple over her. Luhan landed and rolled off the mat as Eun Ri pushed herself off the ground. 

"Forgot to pin my legs down." She laughed lightly. Luhan smirked and rose, charging towards her before getting stopped by her arms. The two pushed on each other, smiling. Luhan liked this Eun Ri the best, the light hearted, competitive, playful Eun Ri. There was no real fighting and it gave Luhan a chance to get closer to her. 

"It was part of my plan." Luhan said trying to shove her down. 

Eun Ri dug her heel into the mat. "Your plan to lose?" She said playfully as she tried to push back. 

The two playfully shoved each other around until Eun Ri tripped Luhan, sending him to the ground. Eun Ri dusted her hands and stepped onto his back with one of her feet. "Good fight." She said as she helped him up

Luhan blew a rasberry before smiling softly. Lay stood up and went to the two before wrapping his arms around them both. "You both were great." 

Eun Ri blushed as he flashed her one of those lethal smiles again. "You're just as good Lay." Lay scoffed a bit before chucking. "Yeah right." 

Eun Ri shook her head. Luhan noticed they were completely immersing themselves with each other, leaving him again. "Yeah Xing, you've gotten better." 

Lay blushed and shrugged. 

Luhan nodded once he saw Eun Ri's smile towards him. "Why not compete with me?" 

Eun Ri was going to protest only because Lay wasn't that good yet and the last thing she wanted was for him to get hurt but he looked so determined she didn't want to crush his spirit. 

"Deal!" Lay chirped before jumping into the mat with Luhan. Eun Ri's stomach churned as she sat down. She was worried, what if Lay got seriously hurt? Luhan wouldn't do that to him right? 

Luhan was ready to take Lay down

He was going to impress Eun Ri and hopefully get her to notice him more. He was going to beat Lay and show he wasn't worse. 

He nodded at his best friend before tackling Lay. The two males toppled to the ground and began to roll around sending light punches. Lay was a lot better now, being able to dodge and deflect his hits. Luhan pressed his lips into a thin line and was about to strike when Lay kicked him upwards just like how Eun Ri did.

Luhan took a face full of mat before turning around to find Lay getting ready to punch him. Luhan could hear Eun Ri's light giggling and it irked him. He wasn't a loser. He looked up at Lay who was getting ready to punch him when Luhan's arm went straight up. 

Eun Ri stopped laughing and screamed instantly as Lay fell back covering his face. "LAY!" She shouted running towards him. Luhan was trying to see what he did but Eun Ri immediately shoved him away harshly. "Get off of him." She barked. Luhan staggered back and fell into silence.

"Lay, are you okay?" 

Her heart was racing when Lay removed his hands to reveal blood running down his lip. Luhan had hit him square in the mouth, cutting his lip. Eun Ri felt angered that Luhan would actually punch him especially since it was only a practice fight. Was he that determined to win? 

"Lay...Eun Ri..." Luhan said in almost a whisper. He was going to help when Eun Ri's dirty look made him shut up. 

"Ri, I'm fine." Lay said in a hushed voice because it hurt to speak. Eun Ri's heart shattered as she helped him up. She didnt forget to send one last glare to Luhan before leading him to the door. 

"CHEN! KYUNGSOO. SOMEONE, CAN ONE OF YOU GET THE FIRST AID KIT?" She shouted into the door. Once Lay got some help. She gave him one last smile before slipping out the door again. 

She saw Luhan walking towards the door. Her eyes turned into slits as she marched up to the male. "What the hell Luhan." She poked his chest hard. She couldn't process why Luhan would punch Lay so hard when it was only practice. 

Luhan felt like a jerk and he felt like the worse best friend ever and having Eun Ri point it out every damn second wasn't helping his growing temper. 

"Why the hell did you do that for Luhan? You know he's not as good as you." She growled. Seeing Lay hurt, made her hurt. 

Luhan closed his eyes tight as Eun Ri continued to shout at him. He clenched his teeth as his finger nails sunk into the palms of his hand. 

"You are one big ing jerk, you know that Luhan?" Eun Ri scolded.

"CAN YOU SHUT UP?!" Luhan screamed at her. She staggered back a bit before furrowing her brows. "You're telling me to shut up when you just did that to your best friend?!" She shouted back just as loud.

Luhan scowled and pushed her back making her back hit the front door. She gasped as her back hit the door. 

"I know what I did." Luhan hissed. "You don't think I know? You know, you're not helping my temper right now. I may be some in your eyes but I know when I go too far and I don't need your stupid nagging to remind me." He said coldly.

His words stung but she wouldn't let him know. She only wanted him to know what he did wrong. 

And here it was all again, them constantly fighting and this time it was over Lay. Luhan groaned in frustration and shoved her aside before opening the door and going inside. 

Eun Ri clenched her teeth before grabbing his sleeve. "You're not leaving until I finish talking." She pulled him back outside. Luhan glared at her angrily as she let go. "Luhan, listen to me." 

"No." He said stubbornly. 

She growled and gripped her hair. "Why do you need to make everything so difficult?" 

"I'm not, you are. I could be in there apologizing but here I am being yelled at by a like you!" He shouted. 

She froze. You don't just call a girl a , she knew she was one but to hear Luhan say it and mean it, it stung. Definitely stung. She didnt want to admit it but she had always wanted Luhan to accept her but it never seemed like he would. His opinion meant something to her and if she was to him then fine. She swallowed hard and curled her fists. 

"I hate being around you. All we do is fight." Luhan continued. "And speaking of being around you, this trip is going to be hell if I have to be around you the whole time." 

Eun Ri bit her lip and swallowed the large lump in . "Fine, then don't go!" She shouted. 

"Maybe I won't" 

"Fine! Stay home. See if I care. Less fighting for me!" She screamed.

"I will!" Luhan shouted back before having Eun Ri completely turn away from him and walk inside. 

Eun Ri brushed past everyone who seemed to hear them screaming at each other. Her heart hurt as well as her feelings. She may be a cold girl with a tough exterior but under every shell is something soft. The shell was suppose to protect it unless it was shattered. And Luhan definitely just shattered hers a bit. 

 

 

"What do you mean you're not going anymore?!" Everyone shouted. Eun Ri sat picking at her spaghetti at dinner as she listened to them.

Luhan shrugged. "I don't want to go anymore." 

Sehun pouted. "But hyung why? This is your last trip." No one knew what popped into Luhan's mind when he said he wasn't going anymore. They could barely process why Lay didn't want to go but now Luhan?

"I know." Luhan swirled his drink in his cup for a bit. "I just thought maybe we should have someone home to watch the house just in case, you know. Minsoo and Sunggyu." He mumbled. 

Everyone knew the dangers but did Luhan really have to stay behind? Luhan was their good friend and they wanted for the male to come. 

Lay had previously talked to Luhan in their room after the male apologized for punching him. Lay forgave him of course because he knew Luhan had reasons behind everything he did. He didnt mind a fat lip, as long as it meant their friendship would be mended. When Luhan told him he was staying home, he had a feeling it had to do with Eun Ri but he didnt ask. 

"True, but what about your ticket?" Kai asked. Luhan pressed his lips into a thin and already knew the answer. "I'll give it to Lay so he can go." 

Eun Ri suddenly perked up, looking at Luhan like he was crazy. The male just raised a brow which sent Eun Ri to turn away. She looked at Lay who just sat there. Her heart was pounding, did this mean he was going to be able to go?

"Lay?" Suho asked. Everyone turned their heads to the male. Lay nodded, "Thank you Luhan." 

Everyone smiled and cheered. Eun Ri was probably the most excited about Lay being able to go now. 

"This is going to be great." Baekhyun chirped pumping his fist. Luhan smiled along with his friends until he gazed at Eun Ri from across the table. The spark in her eyes were back and the smile she wore was real. A part of him withered inside. 

Why can't you smile like that with me? 


*Updated Dec. 24, 2013*

Merry Christmas! Hope you enjoy this update

My holidays were absolutely horrendous and so much family is going on but whatever. I'll get over it once the stupid holidays are over. I hope everyone is happy and well. 

 

I probably just shattered some LuRi shippers. Lol.

I love all your comments ^-^ I love reading long comments, they're just so interesting to read :3. They're really appreciated ^^ I know you guys are commenting who you ship more but can you guys tell me why? I want to know why LuRi/ LayRi is your favorite. 

Well, I'm going to go to sleep. I've been mad at my family the whole day and all I need is sleep now. 

 

I think I'm gonna add cute LayHan pictures from now on. If you guys have any cute ones, send me some? :3 Well goodnight guys!