oo17

Leave It To The Guys

EXO stared as the car Eun Ri entered drove off.

Lay stood in silence with the other members as they watched the car disappear. He wondered what had happened for her to be crying and hurt. He tried to call out to her, but she ignored him. Ouch.

They all turned away from the street and saw Luhan walking from the school. His face was blank, and he looked terrible. 

Lay couldn't feel but angry. It was almost positive Luhan was the reason behind Eun Ri crying. Lay knew his best friend was an but to the extent of making Eun Ri cry? 

"Hey what happened with Eun Ri?" Tao asked before Lay himself. 

Luhan looked up. He felt sick, his insides were churning, his heart was beating against his rib cage, he felt like an awful person. He may have taken it too far now. 

When EXO noticed Luhan not answering, they grew worried. Lay bit his lip before walking up to Luhan and grabbing his jacket. "What did you do." Lay said coldly. He wasnt the type to get angry but he couldn't stand the idea that Luhan made her cry. 

Luhan stayed limp in his grip. Lay let go when he noticed the mark of guilt on Luhan's face. He was expecting satisfactory for making Eun Ri cry, but all Lay saw was regret and anger at...himself? 

"Her Abeoji died." Luhan said almost in a whisper. EXO suddenly felt their blood run cold. They knew how much her Abeoji meant to her, seeing she never spoke about her parents or seemed to be anywhere else but with her Abeoji if she wasnt with them. 

"Woah..." Chen said softly. Lay felt his heart almost shatter for Eun Ri. He couldn't imagine what she was feeling and how she was reacting to it.

Luhan bit his lip and looked down. He felt terrible for being such a jerk to her even when her Abeoji died. He honestly did not know and when Eun Ri told him to leave her alone, instead of doing so, he wanted to grab her and apologize. He wasnt that much of an . 

Luhan looked around and noticed her gone. He wondered if she had passed EXO or avoided them. "Did you guys see her?" 

Everyone was a bit surprised to suddenly see Luhan asking about her but they could understand that he probably felt guilty.

"She left and entered a car with someone." Kris said. "Probably her cousin." 

Luhan just nodded. 

"We should probably get home guys. We can check up on Eun Ri tomorrow at school." Suho said gesturing for everyone to head home. It was a long day and they understood she probably needed space.

Too bad they didn't realize it would be days before they saw their girl once again.


Eun Ri bumped into Minho once again and bowed before making her way past Key to get to the kitchen.

She tried to get to the stove to check on the food when she bumped into Jonghyun. "Sorry oppa." She said softly. The male smiled and moved out of the way. 

She let out a huffy breath before turning off the stove. Making her way back, she bumped into Onew. She frustratedly made her way towards Taemin's room. 

When she opened the door, she saw Taemin dead asleep on the bed. She felt a surge of guilt wash over her for making Taemin sleep on the couch for the past few days. He was exhausted from school and sleeping on the couch wasnt the most comfortable thing to do. 

She walked past the bed and sat down at his desk. 

She rested her head on the table and closed her eyes. Living with Taemin wasn't easy but she expected it. Every second of the day, she'd be bumping into people, waiting in line for the bathroom and it was getting frustrating. She could tell the others were tired but didn't say anything about the new person who was invading their space.

In fact, they were the complete opposite. They would offer her everything first and she felt like a burden to the guys, taking their food, using their rooms, getting first dibs to the bathroom and everything. 

She was being treated like royalty but she didnt feel like it. She felt more like a criminal, taking things away from others. 

She was a burden to her parents, making them troubled all the time, making them embarrassed to call her their daughter. She swore she wouldn't be like it again but when she came to Abeoji, she was another burden. At the time, he had to deal with raising a young girl and helping his sick wife. 

He had to pay for another person's food, housing and clothes when she didnt have enough money yet. He'd always give her raises when she didnt deserve them, in her opinion at least. 

Next was Taemin. Taemin wasn't suppose to be responsible for her. He didnt need to take her in and do all of this but he did. She was taking up space, taking food, using his money and she hated it. 

Finally were her own friends. She depended on them, they'd always feed her and drive her home. She didnt need them to do so but she did. Also she made Luhan's life miserable. He never did like her and by her staying there, she caused problems between Luhan and his friends.

It seemed like where ever she went, she would be a heavy weight. She missed her Abeoji terribly and she wished she could have done something to prevent his death but she knew he was in a better place now. 

 

 

During dinner, Key sat on top of the trash can and offered Eun Ri his seat. She refused but he wouldn't budge. Taking his seat, she sat down and watched as the guys filled her bowl with food. 

"Guys—" she tried to stop them but they made sure she'd be full.

"You've been getting too skinny Eun Ri so eat up." Onew urged her. She looked at Taemin who only chuckled. She sighed and began to eat.

She ate quietly as everyone spoke about school. During that time she realized she probably had a lot of make up work but she didnt mind. She reached out to grab the last piece of kogi when Jonghyun also did too as well.

"Oh. You take it Eun Ri." He said, smiling. Eun Ri frowned and pushed the piece towards him, "Oppa, you take it. You look hungrier than I am. It's fine." She said.

Jonghyun shook his head and grabbed the piece, placing it on her bowl. "I insist." 

Eun Ri frowned and nodded. Suddenly she didnt feel so hungry anymore after eating the last piece of kogi. Once again, she was taking things away from others.

Pushing her bowl away, she excused herself to go to Taemin's room. Sitting on the bed, she curled up and put her knees to her face. Resting her chin on the tops of her knees, she sat in silence.

Suddenly she heard the door open and saw Taemin walking in. 

"Hey, you feeling okay?" He asked. She looked up and nodded. He didnt buy her fake act that well and frowned. "No you're not Ri. Tell me what's wrong." 

She sighed and unfurled herself. "It's..." She frowned. "It's just that I feel like I should be heading home." And stop being a burden. 

Taemin looked at her worried. "You sure? It's only been a few days and—" 

She nodded. "Oppa, really. You guys have been too kind the last few days. I'll be fine." She tried to look confident but she was sure he saw right through her.

Taemin sighed and pulled her into a hug. Resting his chin on her head, he rubbed her arms affectionately. "You got to become a better actress." He chuckled. She could feel his vibrations against her head. She smiled softly and squeezed him tighter.

"But if you do want to go, you can." He pulled away and looked at her sternly. "But if you do need help, you know I am here for you Ri." 

Eun Ri nodded pulling him back for a hug. Taemin chuckled softly and kissed the top of her head. "You're so stubborn." 

She pouted and hit his arm, "No I am not. I just don't want you guys worrying over me anymore. I'm not a baby Tae." 

"Yes you are. You're my baby." He cooed. Eun Ri looked up and made a disgusted face before pushing his face away. Taemin grabbed her hand and kissed the palm making her snatch away her hand in disgust. 

"Go away Tae, you're being creepy." She lifted her leg and kicked his hip, sending him onto the bed. He laughed and pulled her down next to him. 

She scrunched up her face as she lied on his chest. "We probably look like a couple right now." 

Taemin pretended to make gagging noises. "That's disgusting, you're like my baby sister." 

Eun Ri smiled cheekily and pinched his cheeks, "And you're like my manly older sister." 

"YAH!" Taemin pouted. 

Eun Ri giggled and squeezed his waist. "With how greasy you are, how do you not have a girlfriend oppa?" 

Taemin shrugged, "Cause I'm prettier than them?" 

She rolled her eyes and punched his chest playfully. "So you admit you're girly." The two laughed softly before falling into a comfortable silence.

"So should I drop you off tomorrow?" Taemin asked. Eun Ri nodded feeling a bit sleepy. "You know, the others are going to be sad. Especially Onew, he thinks you're like his little baby now." 

"Appa Onew..." She said sleepily. Taemin nodded, "And Jonghyun is going to miss his video game buddy since Key wont play." She smiled and nodded.

"Key is going to be sad without his little baby girl to dress up." Eun Ri giggled softly as she remembered Key giving her a make over to make her feel better. He ended up making them both look like clowns to bring up the mood. 

"Minho is going to miss his basketball buddy." Taemin continued. She closed her eyes and nodded. 

"And me too." Taemin added. "Remember you're not a burden Ri. We're here for you and so are your friends. Don't hurt yourself trying to protect others okay?" 

He noticed the girl had already fallen asleep and chuckled. "Stay strong Ri." 

 

 

Eun Ri felt crushed in Key's hug. The male planted kisses on her cheeks before he let go. "Do you have to go?" Key pouted.

She felt bad but nodded. It was time she left and got back home. Next, she fell into Minho's embrace. The male rubbed her back affectionately before letting go. "We're here for you okay?" 

"Got it." She giggled before making her way to Onew. He took her into his arms and hugged her tightly. "Be safe okay?" 

She pulled away and nodded. "You don't need to worry." 

Next Jonghyun took her into his arms and picked her up, swinging her around. She laughed as he put her down. "I'm going to be so bored without you." He pouted. She smiled softly and squeezed his hand, "I'll come and visit!" 

Taemin opened the front door and lead her out as she waved bye. 

He drove her home and he didnt forget to lecture her about eating, sleeping and remembering school work. All the way there, he made sure she was good on money, food supply, bills and etc. she may have lied about a few things but she'd rather have Taemin let her go thinking she was fine.

"And remember to drink water everyday and—" Taemin stopped talking as Eun Ri pressed her hand against his mouth. "We're here." She said softly. 

Taemin nodded and unlocked the door. She stepped out and the first thing she saw was the ramyun shop boarded up. She swallowed the lump in and turned back to Taemin who also saw his childhood shop gone. 

"Call if you need anything okay Ri? I'll come immediately if anything." Taemin reminded. Eun Ri nodded and closed the door. "Thanks oppa, I'll keep that in mind." 

She waved as Taemin drove off. She sighed and made her way up to her apartment. She entered her old home and let out a large sigh. She glanced at the clock and noticed it was still early and that she'd be able to still make it to half of her classes if she left immediately.

Quickly changing, she left and took the bus to school. She decided it would be easier to at least take some of her classes so she wouldn't have make up work. 

Once she got to school, she checked herself in and excused all of her absences by talking about the death of her Abeoji. The secretary nodded and gave her a pass to head to class. 

She walked down the hallways and clutched her backpack. Before she could enter her class, the bell for lunch rang. Deciding she'd go pick up the work later, she headed towards the cafe.

Walking in, she noticed EXO sitting at the table. She quickly hid her face not wanting them to see her just yet but failed when Sehun shouted her name.

"NOONA!" He shouted. Suddenly she felt another 11 pairs of eyes staring at her. She decided to keep her head low, especially avoiding Luhan's gaze. 

She brushed past their table and ignored their callings for her. She couldn't imagine what their expressions were and she wasnt sure if she wanted to see them. She knew if she talked to them, they'd ask her about her Abeoji. She was sure Luhan had probably told them. She didn't want to bother them with her problems so she thought it'd be easier just to avoid them.

"Eun Ri...?" Baekhyun said softly. Everyone watched as the girl brushed past them without a glance.

 

 

In chemistry, it was no better especially with Luhan sitting right next to her. 

She thought he would have ignored her but instead he actually was the one to talk to her first today and his words were actually sympathetic and not cold. 

"How are you feeling?" Luhan asked embarrassedly. He wasnt used to being kind to her, so the words felt foreign on his tongue. 

He heard nothing but silence. He sighed and rubbed his neck nervously. "Are you and Taemin hyung okay?" He continued to ask. He began to feel frustrated when she didnt answer him. 

He wanted to know if she was okay but she wasnt cooperating. 

"Eun Ri?" He asked. He was about to tap her on the shoulder but the teacher caught him talking and scolded him. Leaning back on his chair, Luhan crossed his arms and sighed. 

At the end of the day, Eun Ri made sure she left before EXO saw her. She slipped out of class first and skipped her locker and headed straight for home. 

She couldn't face them just yet. She wanted to wait for them to completely forget about her Abeoji so that they wouldn't worry about her anymore. She was done troubling people. 


* Updated on Oct. 26, 2013 *

As always, sorry for any errors or if you found it choppy. 

Taemin and Eun Ri fluff. I love Taemin so much lmfao. Too bad they can't be a couple xD 

SHINee cameo. They'll probably appear in some parts of the story but not too much. Sorry Shawols ;A;

So how do you guys like this story so far? Is there anything I should do to make it better? :3

Hope you enjoyed the updated xoxo

 

Guys, so Topp Dogg finally came out and ASDGHJKL; Check out their music video 말로해 (Say It) if you haven't coz...it's damn amazing lmfao. I can't decide on a bias ;A;

Okay no more Topp Dogg, from now on, only EXO ^^