oo1

Leave It To The Guys

Eun Ri sprinted across the street as she looked back to see two, no. Three police cars chasing after her now. Great...

She furrowed her brows and stuck out her tongue, focusing on her path to make sure she wouldn't get caught. She apologized as she shoved past people as she ran down the street.

The soles of her sneakers were slowly wearing away as she ran quicker and quicker. She turned back to see the cops still on her trail. Really? Just give up already! 

She looked straight forward and grinned as she saw her escape. She took a sharp turn into a smaller street but that wasn't going to stop the cops. She could hear the hiss and the tires screeching as they to the street. 

She saw a chain linked fence and sprinted quickly before latching on. From behind she could hear the slamming of car doors and loud orders to go after her. She rolled her eyes from the top before jumping down, hissing at the sharp pain in her ankles. Bend your knees...bend your knees.

She quickly ran, not even turning back to see how far the old policemen had made their way up the fence. She turned right then left and found herself in a familiar area.

She grinned as she saw her ticket to freedom.

She could hear men barking orders to look for her. She ran as fast as she could before leaping into the air and latching onto an old metal ladder that hung from a building's fire escape. 

She pulled herself up and made it onto the first part of the escape just as the cops made it to where she was. She laid silently, trying not to pant and give herself away. 

She scootched herself over to the edge and watched the police look around, scratching their heads in confusion. She silently chuckled. How did you guys even make it on the force if you can't catch a girl like me? 

She watched as one of the men turned towards her direction. She quickly rolled over, concealing herself. She could hear the sound of footsteps and talking die out as they walked out of the alley way. To be positive they were all gone, she rolled back near the edge and saw the empty alley. 

When she was definite the coast was clear, she stood up and dusted herself off and leaned over the railing. She smirked and rested her head against her arm. Too easy...

She wiped her sweat that collected on her forehead onto the sleeve of her old, gray hoodie. She looked up at the rest of the ladders and began to climb towards the 6th floor. 

She hopped down and walked towards her window and unlatched the netting and pushed the window up before crawling inside. Placing her muddy shoes firmly on the ground, she untied her old sneakers before picking them up and tossing them towards her front door.

She casually walked towards her fridge in hope of something to eat. She opened the fridge and found nothing but a few Sprites and some old food that had gone past its due date. She groaned, making a mental note to go grocery shopping soon when she got her pay. That's if, she gets her pay.

She was late for work.

Grabbing a can of Sprite, she opened the can and gulped down its content before chucking it towards her trash. Looking at the clock, she was an hour late. Abeoji can wait...

She decided going to work in tattered, bloody clothing was probably a bad idea. She ran towards the bathroom and stripped down out of her clothes and hopped into the shower. 

She the water, hoping to soak in warm water to help her wounds but only got a face full of icy, cold water. "AISH!" She cursed loudly. She turned off the water and leaned her arm against the wall. Right, forgot to pay the water bill.

Deciding that this shower was necessary, she braced herself for a freezing shower.

 

 

She pulled over a clean, black polo and a pair of jeans before heading towards the mirror. She frowned as she looked in the mirror and saw a large cut on her lip and a purplish bruise under her cheek bone from her latest fight, which resulted in her winning, her opponent on the ground with a broken nose and arm and the cops chasing her. 

She scoffed. Who knew a few broken parts would lead you to getting mauled by the police.

She walked out her front door and closed it behind her before heading downstairs to a ramyun shop where she worked to earn money. 

She opened the door and was welcomed by a loud yelling. 

"GO EUN RI!" A short, old man walked out with a large ladle in his hand. Eun Ri pouted, "Abeoji! Sorry! I got caught up with something" She said as she attempted to hide her face beind her hair.

The old man snickered and bopped her head with the ladle, "Aish you brat! Just because I'm old doesnt mean my vision is that bad. What did I say about getting into trouble?!" 

Eun Ri whimpered rubbing her head, "That I have to stop fighting but really Abeoji, it wasn't my fault this time! This guy started it and I just finished off what he was calling for!" 

The old man rolled his eyes and pointed towards her with his ladle in her face, "Listen brat. I was serious when I said to stop fighting. Now go grab your notepad, there are hungry customers."

Eun Ri smiled before kissing the old man's balding head before skipping to the back. She grabbed her notepad and pen and ran to the customers to take orders.

 

 

At the end of the day, the sky grew dark and the streets became quieter. The ramyun shop had cleared out long ago and all the staff had left besides Eun Ri and her Abeoji.

"Here you go Eun Ri." Her Abeoji handed her, her pay. Eun Ri furrowed her brows, "This is too much. You gave me enough for three months." 

She seperated her extra pay and tried to hand it back but he simply refused. "Just take it Ri. You'll need it okay? Just think of it as an advancement though you don't deserve it." He scoffed. Eun Ri smiled and bowed politely. "Abeoji, I'll be heading upstairs now okay? I'll see you tomorrow morning!"

Before she could exit, she got tugged back in and got a flick to the forehead. "YAH!" She whined rubbing the spot on her forehead that he flicked.

Her Abeoji glared at her, "Did you forget our deal? I said if you had gotten into anymore trouble, I was sending you to school." 

Eun Ri pouted, "Why?! I have a good job here, helping you. I don't need anyone telling me what I have to do to get by in life." 

Her Abeoji softened, "Ri, this will be good for you. You can make new friends and-"

"I don't need friends." She grumbled. For as long as she could remember, she didn't need anyone. She hated her real family and the only one she had ever opened up to was her Abeoji, who in reality, wasn't even related to her. He had stumbled upon a beaten up girl and offered for her to stay with him and his wife.

It was when his wife passed away that Eun Ri made a promise to herself she'd stay by her Abeoji and help him with his beloved shop. 

"Go Eun Ri. You are going to go to school tomorrow. I bought you all new school supplies and your uniform. Please, Eun Ri? For me and halmeoni?" He said softly.

Eun Ri groaned and threw her hands up in defeat. She knew that he knew her halmeoni was her weakness. He pinched her cheek harshly, "Good, now go up and sleep you brat. If you get hungry, the key for the shop is where it always is and you can go and get something to eat. I know you always forget to go grocery shopping." 

She rolled her eyes before kissing his cheek. "Night." She mumbled before heading back to her apartment.

As she walked up the stairs, she clutched onto the railing tightly, thinking about what school was going to be like. She hadn't gone for a year now, ever since she left home. 

She shook the thought of her old home because now, her home was with her Abeoji and his shop. She opened her front door and stepped inside and the light switch only to find the lights not turning on ...And I forgot to pay the electric bill...

She groaned, using her phone as a light source she made her way to her room and tossed herself onto her bed and snuggling against the covers. She read her phone which said it was already 10 pm. So decided it would be best if she slept early. Wouldn't want to be late for her first day at school.

____________________

*Beep, beep, beep*

Eun Ri groaned as she woke up and swiped her finger across her phone to turn off the alarm. 

She was extra drowsy when she saw the sky was still dark. March brought hazy and rainy mornings to Seoul, which only added to the darkness outside. 

She rubbed her eyes and hopped out of bed before proceeding to the bathroom and brushing her teeth. 

After spitting and wiping , she frowned as she saw her cut scabbing and the purpling bruise under her eye, dark and prominent. She poked it lightly before wincing at the sharp pain that ran through her body.

She sighed and reached into her cabinet for some healing cream and if she was lucky, some old makeup she could use to cover her face. I'd rather not be known as a ruthless girl again especially at this new school.

She slathered on the clear cream onto her cut and bruise and smiled as she found a small tube of concealer her Halmeoni had bought to help her conceal her battle wounds from her Abeoji when she was younger.

She applied the make up under her cheek bone and on the corner of her lip and sighed, satisfied with how she looked. The bruise wasn't as deep anymore and the cut was hardly noticeable. She capped the makeup tube and placed it back into her cabinet along with her cream.

She returned back to her room and reached into her closet to find her new school uniform; a white dress shirt, with a matching school sweater and a knee length black circle skirt. She scoffed as she held the skirt and tossed it onto her bed, deciding to wear it last.

She threw on her top and adjusted the collar of her blouse to peek out of her gray sweater that read SM on the emblem. She groaned as she slipped on the skirt, scowling at how she looked in the mirror.

Go Eun Ri does not wear skirts, especially since they are ert magnets, and are not suitable for fighting in. She pulled up her black knee socks as high as they could go to hide her bruises and scarred legs from previous brawls.

Her stomach growled which reminded her to go down to the ramyun shop to eat before heading to school. Slipping on her gray sneakers and lacing them up, she headed downstairs.

She saw the shop was already open and headed inside to eat. She couldn't hear her Abeoji shouting so it must have been his son opening the shop.

"YAH! TAE TAE, IS THAT YOU?" She shouted as she headed towards the kitchen.

"I SAID NOT TO CALL ME TAE TAE!" The young boy's plump, pink lips jutted out cutely as Eun Ri rolled her eyes. 

"Whatever Taemin. So what's for breakfast?" She chirped as she wrapped an arm around her friend. Taemin scoffed and prepared two bowls of ramyun with egg. 

"Ramyun with egg. Now hurry up and eat, you're going to be late." Taemin said as he carried out two bowls and placed them on the table.

Eun Ri did not hesitate to begin eating since she loved eating Taemin's cooking so much. Taemin was a college student and was working for his father while he studied. Eun Ri saw Taemin as an older brother since she always wanted one back when she lived with her family. Older brothers were always there for their siblings which explained why Eun Ri had always wanted one.

She brought the egg to and smiled. "Good as always Tae Tae!" She chuckled. Taemin rolled his eyes and pointed his chopsticks at her, "You have 30 min to get to school. Now eat!" He scoffed.

Eun Ri pouted and continued to eat, "You're going to drop me off at school for my first day right?" 

Taemin chuckled, "What? Tch. No, why would I do that?" He scoffed, but on the inside he was chuckling at her reaction. "Appa told me not to help you since you went back to fighting."

Eun Ri puffed her cheeks, "It wasn't my fault. That kid was asking for it when he called me weak for being a girl and that I couldn't fight." 

Taemin laughed and covered his mouth. He knew how much Eun Ri hated being called weak just because she was a girl and that she couldn't fight. So far, she had sent a majority of the males who had said that to the hospital. 

"C'mon, please take me to school?" She whined. Taemin simply shook his head.

Eun Ri smirked, "Please oppa? "

Taemin froze and pouted, "Yah! Don't you oppa me, Go Eun Ri." She groaned at his reaction and swallowed her noddles harshly before wiping with the sleeve of her sweater. "Fine, fine. I'll go now."

Taemin smiled and pinched her cheek, "I was kidding." She rolled her eyes at his sense of humor. Taemin stood up and grabbed his car keys from the counter, "C'mon, let's go."

Eun Ri nodded before going behind the counter and grabbing her new backpack filled with school supplies. She slung the bag lazily over her shoulder before heading to school.

Inside Taemin's car, she watched as her new high school pulled up. In big letters, at the gate it read SM High, one of the more prestigious schools in Seoul, known to keep their students in check. Her Abeoji thought it'd be a good idea to send her to a school where no one would cause her trouble.

"Okay get out brat." Taemin teased. Eun Ri rolled her eyes and waved at him before she left for the inside of the school.

From the car, Taemin held up his fist. "GOOD LUCK! AND NO FIGHTING RI!" He shouted.

She smiled sheepishly and held up her own fist, "CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING!" She giggled as Taemin rolled his eyes and drove away.

She entered the gates onto school premises and was heading for the stair case when a loud rumble interrupted her thoughts.

She turned around briefly and saw a couple of motorcycles and Hummers pulling up into the school's lot. She watched as girls began running from the school to go to the lot where the car and motorcycles were parked.

A few girls bumped into her by accident and bowed to her before running to the guys. 

"Did you hear? Our bad boys are back!" A girl chirped.

"Soo Man finally lifted their expulsion!" Another girl cooed.

Eun Ri scoffed silently to herself. Yeah, this school really keeps their kids in check Abeoji. 

Eun Ri brushed off the thought of the "bad boys" and headed towards her first class.


Hi and welcome to Leave It To The Guys or LITTG for short I guess LOL, okay...I know I have two on-going fics, but I have had this idea in my head for over two months now, and I just needed to start it lol

Since this is a pretty lengthy first chapter, I'll keep it at this and maybe release the next one soon. I probably won't officially start until Dangerously Beautiful is over so I apologize for slow updates.

Subscribing, commenting and upvoting are appreciated ^^ 

So tell me...what do you think so far LOL..l'm not that good at beginnings.../le sigh xD