oo31

Leave It To The Guys

 

"Are you really not going Luhan hyung?" Sehun asked as everyone sat in the living room with their luggage. 
 
Eun Ri sat in the middle, zippering up her last compartment. It was finally the day they were leaving on their trip. Everyone had placed their bags and finished up their last few tasks that morning. 
 
In a few minutes, EXO and Eun Ri minus Luhan would be heading off to school to head to their destination which was a camping ground a few hours away from Seoul. 
 
The ride would take about 7 hours and they should be arriving around 5 p.m. with stops along the way. Eun Ri was excited and she could tell everyone else was too. 
 
They couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the area was going to be and the lodges they were staying at we're amazing. She had never traveled much in her life so this was going to be a whole new experience. She had always stayed within her small area and never ventured too far.
 
The last time she had traveled far, was to China with her parents but that was long, long ago and she would rather keep it far in the past.
 
But now wasnt a time to reminisce on her past and be down. Now was a time to enjoy her vacation with her newly made friends and truly enjoy herself. 
 
She was still surprised to see Luhan was persistent on staying but it was fine with her. The two had stopped talking for a few days ever since the incident with Lay and only exchanged few words if necessary like passing the salt or exchanging messages from other members to each other. 
 
To be honest, Eun Ri did miss talking to him but she didnt care anymore. If he was going to be stubborn, let him be. Why should she waste her time on someone like him? There was no room in her to be angry and annoyed especially when the trip was so near. 
 
"I told you guys, I'll be fine." Luhan said forcing a smile. It seemed genuine but on the inside it was filled with worry and regret. He quickly glanced at Lay who was smiling like an idiot at Eun Ri without anyone realizing. He let out a sigh and nodded. "You'll be late, go. Have fun guys." 
 
The members sighed at their stubborn friend but nodded anyways, giving their farewells as they filed out the door. 
 
Eun Ri looked at Luhan quickly before turning her head and going out the door. She pulled her luggage along and handed it to Chanyeol who packed it into the Hummer. 
 
She opted to ride in the Hummer since everyone thought it would be more convienent but Kris, Tao and Lay opted to ride their bikes. 
 
On their way to school where they would go onto the bus, Eun Ri was nervous yet excited. She didnt know what it was going to be like so far away from home but she knew she'd have fun. 
 
Once they got to school, the lot was packed with families saying bye to their children and friends getting their things loaded on the bus. Eun Ri shrank back in her seat as Suho parked the car. 
 
She felt two arms wrap around her shoulders. She turned her head to find Kai smiling, "C'mon noona. You can sit with me." Eun Ri smiled and nodded before hopping out of the car and going to the back to grab her bags. 
 
She threw on her backpack and dragged her luggage along side Suho who was going to the bulletin board to see what bus, lodge and room everyone was in. 
 
On this trip, you can be formed into groups and of course Eun Ri went with EXO but since she was a girl, she was able to get a single bed room for herself as the guys shared one. 
 
The scene was hectic. People were shoving others in hopes of seeing who they were rooming with and which buses they were in. Some parents kissed their children bye as they shoved the embarrassing adults away. Eun Ri looked away from the families and glanced around as friends began to pair up and head onto the buses. Though she had EXO, she missed having girl friends like she did in the past but even now, no one could replace EXO. 
 
Suho double checked that everyone was on the same bus and in the same lodge before signaling everyone to board onto the bus. Eun Ri pulled her luggage along and gave it to a staff member to put in the bottom of the bus. 
 
Everything was overwhelming but once she got on the bus, she took a seat next to Kai like she said she would. Kai smiled and patted the inside seat. "I thought you'd like the window." 
 
Eun Ri nodded and climbed in, staring out the window as everyone filed onto their buses. "Thanks." She was excited but the thought of sitting for seven hours on a bus made her legs numb and sore already. 
 
Soon the bus began to move and since it was so early in the morning, she could already see some people already wanting to sleep. The bus lights dimmed and some people began to sleep. 
 
Eun Ri felt a head fall onto her shoulders and when she turned her head, she felt Kai's mess of blond hair tickling her cheeks. She smiled sweetly and brushed the bangs out of his face before he nuzzled further on her shoulder. The male was always so tired so she didn't mind he was sleeping on her shoulder. 
 
She looked across the row and saw Tao and Suho sleeping and soon she found the other members sitting around her area. She saw Lay resting with his headphones in and she smiled at how cute and peaceful he looked. 
 
Seeing no one was awake, she leaned her head back and stared off at the TV on the chair seat in front of her. Digging through her pockets, she plugged in her headphones and found a movie to watch as she waited. 
 
But soon enough, her eyes grew heavy and her head fell upon Kai's as the two fell asleep until their first stop a few hours later.
 
 
 
 
 
"Everybody off! Rest stop for half an hour." The chaperone shouted. 
 
Eun Ri groaned as she lifted her head, smacking her lips as she stretched her arms. Her whole body ached and she was sore from being cramped in such a small space for so long. 
 
She felt Kai lift his head from her shoulder and looked at her sleepily. "Are we here?" 
 
She smiled fondly and reached out, fixing his messy hair. "Not yet, just a rest stop." She said brushing her fingers through his messy bangs. He smiled sweetly and rested his forehead on her shoulder. 
 
"Can we just stay here noona?" He yawned. Eun Ri rolled her eyes playfully and lifted his head, squishing his cheeks. Despite Kai looking so charismatic and like a player, he was truly a child at heart. 
 
"Jongin, you got to get up and get something to eat okay?" She said releasing his face. 
 
Kai rubbed his cheeks and pouted. "Fine." He huffed before getting up and stretching. Eun Ri giggled as she followed him out of the bus to meet with the rest of EXO. 
 
Everyone had messy bed hair and were all half asleep, stretching their arms and legs in the wide open space. Eun Ri smiled as she was greeted by the others. 
 
"Let's go grab something we can eat on the bus hm?" Chanyeol said raising his fist. D.O. groaned as the taller male dragged him inside to buy food, soon having the others follow him in. 
 
Eun Ri walked behind them as they jumped around in the convienent store, looking through the cups of ramen and packed sandwiches the store sold. 
 
She smiled at the others before picking up a sandwich and a bottle of tea. She went to the counter and paid before grabbing her food. She turned around and bumped into someone's chest, almost dropping her food. 
 
"Oh! Sorry Ri." Lay said taking off his headphones. Eun Ri looked up and froze at how close they were and how he towered over her, giving her that smile that made her knees weak. 
 
"I-It's o-okay." She stuttered as he backed away. He rubbed his neck and gave her a sheepish smile. "I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings." He chuckled. 
 
She nodded and before she was about to leave, Lay grabbed her hand. "Hey, do you want to sit with me on the bus afterwards?" He asked. 
 
She smiled nervously. "What about Sehun?" Curse Lay for making me like this.
 
He shrugged and looked back at the Maknae who was complaining with Kai about how expensive the food was. Eun Ri looked over and saw the two laughing as they agreed and she pinched her nose bridge and broke out in a small grin. 
 
"I think he's fine." Lay said. Eun Ri nodded, "then sure." 
 
Lay smiled as he placed his purchases on the counter. "Great I'll meet you on the bus." Eun Ri nodded as she quickly walked away, holding a hand over her beating chest. 
 
As she walked towards the bus, she bumped into Chen who wore a playful grin. "What are you doing in such a rush?" He said raising a brow, showing that he saw and probably heard everything that just went on. 
 
"Go away Jongdae." Eun Ri growled as a light pink blush crept upon her cheeks. Chen chuckled wrapping his arms around her before giving her a squeeze. "You're adorable Eun Ri." 
 
She groaned and pushed him away before letting out a smile chuckle. "You're annoying Chen." She teased before walking away. 
 
Soon, she sat on the bus sitting in Sehun's seat when she saw Sehun come on the bus. The Maknae just smiled at her before taking place in her old seat. Eventually, Lay came on and sat down next to her. 
 
They exchanged small smiles before sitting in silence as they ate. She chewed slowly, trying to push away the awkward feeling that floated above their heads. 
 
The bus had began to drive for a while now, and Eun Ri and Lay were still stuck in an awkward state. Lay scolded himself in his mind as he secretly glanced at Eun Ri who was playing with the edges if her sweatshirt. I invited her to sit with me so why can't I say something?! 
 
He couldn't think properly so he threw on his headphones and that's when it hit him. Why was he such an idiot? He took off his beats and replaced them with a pair of ear phones from his backpack. "He-Hey Ri?" He said.
 
Eun Ri was about to fall asleep honestly when Lay called out her name. It was the first word he said to her since the shop. "Yeah?" She said. 
 
He held out the other side of his ear phones, "Want to listen?" 
 
She looked at the ear phone before she nodded at him, taking it to her ear. Lay some soothing music.
 
Baby tonight, have a goodnight.
Our first text and phone call that was 
filled with awkward moments
 
Eun Ri smiled and sang along to the song. Soon she heard a deeper voice than her own, mix with hers. She turned to Lay as she continued to sing and saw him singing along. She smiled and continued to sing with him.
 
Our highly anticipated first dates why did I bite my nails? 
Why was I so nervous? 
As time went by, we naturally developed into lovers
With those kinds of words, we checked each other's feelings...
 
They both soon began to sing a little louder, really getting into the song. Lay smiled as he continued to sing with her and his finger slipped, pressing the forward button. 
 
AYO GEE GEE
YEAH YEAH
OMO...
 
Eun Ri froze, her jaw dropped. She covered as the corners of her lips curved up as Lay's eyes bulged out as he tried to dig his phone out of his pocket.
 
Once Lay dug out his phone and paused the music, Eun Ri was dying in her seat, trying to contain herself. He could feel his cheeks burn as she continued to giggle.
 
She noticed that Lay was turning red with embarrassment and felt a bit bad for laughing. She straightened herself up and pointed at his phone. "You're not going to continue? It's one of my favorites." She smiled as Lay rubbed his neck and pressed play.
 
I got a boy...
 
The two said together. They two bursted into laughter as they continued to listen until their next stop. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eun Ri laughed as Baekhyun pouted. After a few stops, EXO's seating positions had changed greatly and now everyone was mixed up. Eun Ri smiled as she beat Baekhyun at Fruit Ninja and smiled as she pinched his cheek playfully.
 
"Don't be a baby." She laughed. Baekhyun huffed and shoved her hands away, "Anyone want to switch with me? Eun Ri is being mean to me." 
 
The other members just laughed as Baekhyun sighed and turned off his phone. 
 
Eun Ri smiled as she noticed out of the other windows that they had finally reached their destination. "Hey, are we here?" She exclaimed. 
 
Soon the rest of the bus noticed and cheered as they looked out their windows to find that they had reached their destination. 
 
Eun Ri marveled at the pretty landscape, the tall trees casting shadows over the path and the sparkling lake just ahead. And out of all the nature, she could see large wooden lodges towering above the lake. 
 
Soon everyone began to file out and grabbing their bags. As Eun Ri pulled out her luggage, Suho handed her, her key for her room. She shoved it into her pocket as she pulled her luggage out from the crowds. 
 
She soon saw Suho waving at the front door of the lodge and the rest of EXO eventually gathered around. "Okay. I got the schedule from Mr.Shim and it looks like we can all just chill around today until 6 when dinner is being served in the dining lodge." 
 
Everyone nodded. Eun Ri was tired and she wanted to just relax in bed, maybe take a hot bath and watch TV until dinner. She and EXO began to file to their lodge and soon everyone went into their room leaving Eun Ri and Lay left. 
 
Eun Ri was looking for her room as Lay was heading down to the front desk to ask for a few things. The hallway was an awkward silence and it was making her really nervous. 
 
Right when she thought she was going to leave without a word to Lay, he surprised her. 
 
"Hey Ri?" Lay said softly. Eun Ri turned and hummed in response. 
 
"Do you want to take a walk around the lake later?" He asked shyly. Eun Ri tried to contain her happiness but she ended up squeaking and nodding like a madman. 
 
Lay chuckled. "I'll text you?" 
 
Eun Ri was about to nod when she remembered Luhan had broke her phone when they fell into the fountain. She then shook her head. "My phone is broken." She frowned but Lay had another idea.
 
"I'll come by your room later then?" Lay smiled.
 
Eun Ri's mood brightened and nodded. "Sounds cool." She tried to say casually. Lay nodded, "Cool, I'll see you later Ri." 
 
"Okay." Eun Ri said happily before opening her door and slamming it shut and jumping onto her bed, giggling and laughing. Forget sleeping and watching TV, she was going to hang out with Lay.
 
 
 
 
 
Luhan sat on the couch and stared at the TV. 
 
He wasn't going to lie because the instant everyone left, he regretted giving up on the trip. He was being irrational at the time and he was just angry and now he regretted it. 
 
But he knew by staying home, he was protecting the house from any attacks. With the amount of threats they had recieved and the amount of close fights they have had, leaving the house unattended was a very bad idea. 
 
Luhan sighed and rolled off the couch, landing on the floor with a thud. He frowned as he pushed himself off the floor, heading towards the kitchen. 
 
"I wonder if Soo left anything for me to eat." Luhan mumbled as he stuck his head in the fridge. "He knows I hate cooking." He whined. As he was pushing past jars of food he heard a noise causing him to bang his head in the fridge. 
 
Rubbing his sore head, he stuck his head out and looked around. Seeing no one could possibly be inside, he decided he was being paranoid. 
 
"It's broad daylight and besides, they'd be in school." Luhan said thinking about Sunggyu and Minsoo's gang. He sighed giving up on food and closing the fridge before going upstairs to change before heading out for something to eat. 
 
He climbed up the spiral stairs inside the kitchen and went towards his room, grabbing whatever he saw first and throwing it on. 
 
As he was slipping on his skinny jeans, a loud slam was heard causing him to fall backwards onto the floor. "What the—" he said wearily. 
 
Pulling on his pants and zippering them, he looked out his window to see if he saw anything strange. He pressed his lips into a thin line when he heard another thud. 
 
Immediately, he went downstairs quietly and stared at the jiggling door knob before going into alert mode.

*Updated Jan. 02, 2014*

Oh god, I already almost forgot to write 2014 instead of 2013 -3- /struggles 

Happy new year everyone! 

May this year bring you all new memories and happiness.