Peaceful Realizations

His Perfect Match

6 days later @ Sukira

 

Leeteuk’s POV

 

It’s been a week since Heechul started paying off his lost bet with Zee. To be honest we enjoy it a lot, we haven’t seen him working there but we are glad that he finally met his match. The boys and I agree that when we all first met Zee she is one tough girl but we didn’t expect she could beat our Heechul…haha

When we suggested visiting him at the hotel he threatened to make our lives miserable if we ever did. Tsk! But I do worry what would happen if this gets out to the public, not that he could fix it but still the media can do wonders with their talent in twisting stories.

            “earth to Leeteuk hyung!” Eunhyuk snapped his fingers at me. I didn’t realize I was spacing out. Sheesh this situation with Heechul is making me think stuff.

            “what? Did you say something?” I shook my head a bit looking at Eunhyuk. He was holding the script up.

            “I was about to ask you something about the script. You look so serious hyung, what were you thinking so deeply about?”

            “it’s nothing, just thought what the media might say if they find out about Heechul being at the pet hotel.” I said massaging my head.

            “aish, you don’t need to worry about that hyung, if I know Heechul hyung he already has that situation covered. He would probably say that he’s doing it for charity or experience or something.” Eunhyuk gave me a thump to the back.

            “yeah, you’re right. what am I doing worrying on things like that?aish.” I let out an exasperated sigh.

            “you’re just getting old hyung. Hahaha”

            “yah! I’m not that old.” I lightly, or so I thought, pushed Eunhyuk enough to make him almost fall off his chair.

            “hahaha hyung, want to visit Heechul hyung tomorrow?” Eunhyuk looked excitedly at me. As tempting as it sounds, do I really want Heechul’s rage to be unleashed directly at me?

            “pabo! Heechul will murder us in our sleep if we did.” I said while reading some of our listeners’ messages, one of them commented on how funny Eunhyuk looked when he fell. Muhahaha

            “ani hyung, we have an excuse.” I looked at him.

            “what excuse are you talking about?”

            “we have an out of town shoot right? it’s overnight so I could just say I’ll leave Choco in their care for a night.” He explained. He seemed to have thought of this a lot. After that Intimate Note experience Heechul and Eunhyuk had they seemed to have an improvement in their relationship, but now I think its going to fall apart again.*sigh* why does this kid wants to make things complicated again?

            “do you really trust putting Choco at that place with Heechul there?”

            “I know Heechul can’t do anything to Choco with Zee there, she’d flay him alive if he does something bad.” Eunhyuk sounded confident enough to hide that little bit of nervousness in his voice.

            “and since when did Heechul care what anyone would do to him if does something bad?” that is true, he really doesn’t as long as in the end he did what he wanted.

            “I trust Zee, hyung. She’s definitely something.” Hmmm…now that he mentioned it I feel something about Zee too. She has a very different aura than most people.

            “fine, but every bullet Heechul fires will be all yours, got it?”

            “ne!”

a little part of me is kind of glad that Eunhyuk thought  of this plan. At least I can finally get rid of my curiosity.

 

Next day 1pm

 

I’m all in jitters all morning because of Eunhyuk’s plan. I do hope this was a good idea or else, well, goodbye world.

Eunhyuk parked his car directly outside his car and I hurriedly told him to move a bit forward in case Heechul sees us. I am so paranoid! I guess I really am getting old.

Eunhyuk held his dog and walked towards the entrance; I, on the other hand, was walking as slow as I could.

            “Zee-sshi!” Eunhyuk exclaimed as he opened the door. This is it, then.

            “oh, Eunhyuk-sshi, what brings you here? Is this your dog?” I saw Zee pat Choco. I looked around to see if Heechul is around…he isn’t.

            “ne, can I check him in here for a night? Teukie hyung and I have an overnight shoot out of town.” Zee glanced at me behind Eunhyuk.

            “oh, Leeteuk-sshi, annyeonghaseyo.” She bowed and I bowed back.

            “annyeonghaseyo, Zee-sshi. Business doing good?”

            “it’s good but it’s too soon to tell if it really is a success.” She said as Eunhyuk handed Choco to her.

            “I’m sure it will with you managing this place, by the way, your hotel looks awesome.” Eunhyuk added looking around.

            “thanks Eunhyuk-sshi! What’s your dog’s name?”

            “Choco.”

            “Hello Choco!” she cooed as Choco her nose. She really loves animals, maybe that’s why she can tolerate Heechul’s animalistic behavior. Hahaha

            “Eunhyuk-ah, I think we must go now, or we’ll be caught in traffic.”  I said tapping Eunhyuk’s back.

            “aren’t you going to see Heechul?” Zee suddenly asked.

            “why’d you say that?” Eunhyuk asked innocently, but I can clearly see his slight blush.

            “c’mon now, do you really think you can fool me like that? I know Choco is just an excuse for you to come here and to see your friend.” She smirked. Wow! She’s sharp. It would be veeery hard to fool her.

            “well…hehe” Eunhyuk scratched the back of his head and gave a nervous smile. Zee handed Choco to one of the staff and gave the instructions before turning to us again.

            “c’mon, I got your back, he’s upstairs at the cats den. I wont let him see you.” She winked and motioned us to follow her.

We climbed up the second floor, there were two huge doors on each side and two small ones just a few feet beside it.

            “we will be going in here.” She gestured at the small door to our right and we entered.

It was just a simple narrow room with glass to view the room with the big door. We were in the viewing room for prospect clients as Zee explained. We can see about 3 staffs walking around the room watching or playing with the cats.

            “this is our stay out area, all the cats you see here are just sort of in a day care, the other door is where the cats who stays here for a night or more. Don’t worry about him seeing you, this is a one-sided glass.” We just nodded.

            “isn’t it a hassle for you with what? Around 10 cats here?” I looked at the cats and did an estimated count.

            “not really, we have volunteers and your work wont be a hassle if you love what you are doing. Surely you know what I mean.” She smiled at us.  “and there’s your friend.” She pointed at a very familiar blonde headed guy who was sitting at the floor trying to brush a feisty Persian cat’s hair.

            “is that Heechul hyung?haha” Eunhyuk burst into laughter and so did I. hahaha

The cat was clearly bad tempered and it doesn’t want to be brushed, the bad tempered Heechul also was losing his patience, we can clearly see the signs.

            “I’ll leave you two here for a sec and help him before he kills that cat, no matter what a cat lover he says he may be. I’ll be right back.” Zee went out the door and a few seconds later we saw her enter the other room and went to Heechul.

We couldn’t hear what they were saying to each other but they were clearly arguing as Zee took the cat from him. We saw Zee roll her eyes as she knelt on the floor.

            “hyung, is it just me or they just look good together?” Eunhyuk suddenly said.

            “oh! I was just thinking of the same thing! Yah! Take a video now and let’s show it to the others. Just don’t let Heechul see it.”

Eunhyuk nodded and took his phone. They were still arguing while they were both on the floor then Zee demonstrated what seems to be how to calm down a bad tempered cat. When the cat finally calmed down Zee stood up and surprisingly it wasn’t only the cat that calmed down, so did Kim Heechul.

Eunhyuk stopped recording as Zee stepped out the door. When she came back we bid her goodbye and left.

            “hyung, won’t it be nice if those two got together?” Eunhyuk asked as were driving out of Seoul.

            “Eunhyuk-ah, as much as I want our Heechul to have a love life there are just some things best left to work out on its own. Now keep driving.”

 

Just Got Pawed 9pm

 

Zee/SaeMi’s POV

 

I stretched, as the last day out client checked out with its owner, today was slightly busier than any other day that we had. Thank God it’s my day off tomorrow. Surprisingly, Sunday has become one of our busiest days.

            “Zee, dinner?” Kim Shin asked as she came out of the office.

            “sure what are we having?” I asked massaging my neck.

            “how about some Chinese? Its been a long time since we had some.”

            “ok, then, I’ll leave it up to you. I’ll just go check on things upstairs.” I took the log book to see if all were in check.

            “got it Chinese for 4 then.” I stopped.

            “four? But there are only three of us.” A bit confused I looked at the also confused Kim Shin.

            “didn’t you know? Heechul is still here.” She replied with a perplexed look.

            “no, but doesn’t he usually leave early for schedules?” he really does he even went out just after lunch once. I never really bothered as long as he did a bit of work here in a day.

            “I don’t think he has one today, there are only recordings for his weekend radio show.”

            “oh, then order one for him too.” Kim Shin just nodded and called for take out, I greeted some of the staff who just ended their shifts and some who’s just starting while going upstairs.

            “Eun Hee, is everything good here?” she looked up from the staff room as she was putting some clean towels on the shelves.

            “yep! No problems, were smooth sailing.” She gave out a very big smile. I wonder what made her smile like that.

I felt my phone vibrate and took it out. I just got an mms.

it can’t be happening again. I am so tired of this.

            “Zee? What’s wrong?” my expression must’ve been too obvious, right now I don’t know if I’m hurt or mad. I am just too tired of repeated betrayals.

I searched for a familiar number on my phone, forwarded him the picture with the message “you did it again, we’re over. Bye.”

            “Zee?” Eun Hee was slightly shaking me. I looked at her.

            “I’m just going to get some air.” I headed towards the rooftop.

 

Heechul’s POV

 

I must be going crazy now. I am actually enjoying myself here. Cats and dogs really can distress you. But I will never say that out loud to anyone. Now I’m feeling kind of hungry, I wonder what’s for dinner.

            “I’m just going to get some air.” That’s SaeMi’s voice, is it just me or does she sound upset?

I saw her come up and went to the rooftop. I wonder what’s happening.

I saw EunHee follow SaeMi with her eyes, looking at her I can tell she was worried, she was also holding SaeMi’s phone.

            “EunHee-ah, what’s with SaeMi? She looked upset.” I asked. I’m curious, I’ve seen her in her tough self but the way she looked now made me uncomfortable. She looked frail and vulnerable. This is something I never expected to see from her.

I saw EunHee looked at Sae Mi’s phone and her expression changed from worry to utter fury.

            “He did it again!!!” she shouted. She was so mad I had to step back a little.

            “who did what again? Can you please enlighten me as to what is happening here?”

            “her boyfriend.” It was all she could say and the phone at me. I looked at it and I finally understood.

It was a picture of a guy and a girl making out, lips locked but faces turned towards the camera. The guy must’ve been her boyfriend.

            “you said he did it again, this wasn’t the first time he two-timed her?” I asked. Is Sae Mi that trusting?

            “he had been doing this a lot behind her back but there are only three times she proved it with evidence.”

            “then why in the world did she ever get back with him in the first place if he had already cheated on her before?” I never would’ve expected that the tough Sae Mi is just as stupid in love like most people.

            “they’ve been together since high school, she was thinking of the time they had and thought it would’ve been a waste if they would separate. But now I guess it’s really over.” Eun Hee replied looking up. She was clearly worried. Even though Sae Mi and I are not the best of friends I also felt bad for her as someone who’ve been hurt in relationships too.

            “I am sad that my friend is broken but I think this is also the best thing that happened. At least she’s no longer with that jerk!” she slammed her hand on the desk.

            “you’re right. I think you should go down and cool your head for a bit, she doesn’t need a nagging friend when she comes down.” I said giving her Sae Mi’s phone. I watched her go down and I looked up wondering what Sae Mi could be doing at the roof.

 

Rooftop

 

I opened the rooftop door and looked around. I saw SaeMi leaning on the ledge, her head on her hands. I walked towards her with a soda.

I placed the soda on the ledge by her elbow and she looked up. Our eyes met and I saw that vulnerability again. She wasn’t the tough Sae Mi, she looked like a lost puppy, I couldn’t even bring myself to .

            “hey…” it was all I could say.

            “hey…” she answered back. “thanks for the soda.”

            “no problem.”

We just stood there for a few minutes in silence; I felt my heart beat faster. Why the freaking hell am I nervous? I’m not the one who cheated on her for crying out loud.

            “I guess Eun Hee told you?” she suddenly asked not looking at me.

            “what? Oh… yeah. Sorry to hear about that.” She took the soda and opened it.

            “I’m stupid right? After he cheated on me many times I still accepted him.”

            “if I were to be frank with you then yes you were being stupid.” She looked at me her expression was thoughtful. I smiled at her. “but everyone who loves someone can make stupid mistakes like you did. Just make sure you’ve learned from it and never do it again, or I’ll really hit you so hard on the head that you’ll see stars.” She laughed. Once again I froze. I feel like I love her laugh, it’s very addicting to hear.

            “I’ve never seen you this serious, Casey.” She continued to laugh.

            “I’ve never seen you this vulnerable too.” Her laugh subsided a bit.

            “I guess this whole situation made us see something new from each other.” She said as she took a deep breath looking at the horizon.

            “yeah, you’ve always thought of me as a bad guy.” I replied looking at the view. She turned to look at me, brows together with a confused look. I looked back at her with my brows raised.

            “what?”

            “I’ve never thought of you as a bad guy.” That surprised me. If she didn’t think of me as a bad guy then why does she keeps on arguing with me?

            “oh really?” I asked a bit sarcastically.

            “yeah, I just thought that you’re a bit of a brat and temperamental but never a bad person.” Hmmm…now I’m torn if what she just said is a compliment or an insult…tsk!

I stared at her.

            “whatever you say.” She smiled at me.

            “friends?” she suddenly asked and extended her hand. I looked at it for a second and smiled warmly back at her.

            “friends.” We shook hands.

            “now that were friends, can my Heebum stay here for free?”

she just rolled her eyes.

 

 

Laughing we walked down the stairs.

-

---------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you liked this chap...this is dedicated to Heenim's birthday...happy birthday Kim Heechul!=D