Super Show 3 Offer [dedication p.1]

His Perfect Match

Zee’s POV

 

            “what did he say he wants?” Casey asked straightening in his seat and stared at me.

When I heard Mr. Lee’s voice and when he told me who he was there’s only one question that popped in my mind. ‘why would he call me?’

            “he wants to meet with me tomorrow.” I wasn’t looking at Casey and I kept looking down at my phone.

            “huh? Why? Does he even know you?” a note of anxiety in his voice. I looked at him and there was concern in his face.

            “Casey-ah, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about here. He wasn’t mad or anything, he just said that he wants to meet with me to ask me something that was it.” I shrugged everything off trying not to look worried.

            “if you say so. We will leave early tomorrow anyway so you will make it in good time for the meeting.” Casey said trying to relax himself. He leaned back on his seat and exhaled.

            “Do me a favor and don’t tell the others about this.” I thought if they found out now there might be some huge commotion. It’s better to keep this quiet for now.

            “why?”

            “I just want to make sure what your boss wants before we tell the others, they might panic for no reason at all.” I explained. I stared out the window watching the mountains getting covered with snow.

            “if you say so, but in return, will call me after your meeting?” I stared at him. Why would he want me to call him?

            “why?” I stared at him with a questioning expression. He just put on a poker face that I couldn’t read.

“just call me.” He simply said no explanations. Yeesh! That made me think twice if I would really call him or not.

“fine fine. Anyway I’m going to turn in early. How about you?” I said as I stood up. Casey also stood with me straightening up his coat.

“yup! Will be up in a bit. You go ahead.” He said giving me a small smile.

“if you say so. Goodnight, Casey.” I said waving a hand goodbye. I heard him mutter a goodnight before I went up the stairs.

As I walked towards my room, I kept thinking about the phone conversation I just had with Lee Soo Man. There was one small detail I had conveniently left out when I told Casey about that little conversation.

He said that our meeting would have something to do with Henry…

 

Next Day

 

Heechul’s POV

 

I’ve trying to think about all the possibilities as to why Lee Soo Man would want to meet Sae Mi but I couldn’t think of any. I was actually up most of the night last night trying to think about it, when Siwon came in I just pretended to be asleep. Whatever Lee Soo Man wants from Zee I just hope that it’s not something worth worrying about.

There wasn’t much “activity” on our trip home since most of the artists were up all night all they did on the bus was sleep; even Sae Mi was sleeping, her head resting on Henry’s shoulder. It reminded me on when her head dropped on my shoulder just last night.

It was a good thing that everyone on the bus was asleep that no one could see the time I took to stare at her. But eventually I also fell asleep. When we arrived at the dorm, SaeMi was too groggy that Henry actually had to carry her; Siwon helped with their bags.

Because of the trip most of our schedules were set in the afternoon. Ultimately, when we got to the dorm all of us went straight to our rooms and slept and only woke up when manager hyung came to wake is up with lunch.

            “boys be ready by 1pm, you have a meeting at the company by 2pm.” Manager hyung said snapping his phone shut. All of us looked at him with puzzled faces.

            “waeyo, hyung? is something wrong?” Leeteuk asked his tone calculating. He must be thinking ahead as to how to handle the meeting if it is about some issues.

            “he wants to talk to you about SS3, I think there will be some readjustments.” Hyung replied calmly. “finish your lunch quickly, I still need to call Henry and Zhou Mi, they need to be there as well.” he walked away.

All of us looked at each other.

            “what do you think he wants, hyung?” Ryeowook asked looking at Leeteuk who was thinking deeply.

            “I don’t know but let’s hope it’s nothing bad.” He shook his head a bit trying to be calm and went back to eating, but he still looked bothered. His actions reminded me of how SaeMi reacted last night.

            “I wonder what kind of readjustments could he want.” Siwon muttered.

            “maybe some additional performances, what do you think Heechul hyung?” Sungmin suddenly turned towards me and cut off my thoughts.

            “huh? Oh… if I were you I wouldn’t think much about it. Just go back to eating so we can all get ready to leave soon.” I said trying not to sound suspicious about the whole situation. But I couldn’t help but think if SaeMi is involved with this somehow.

 

Zee’s POV

 

The girls just left for the hotel when I woke up so I didn’t get to tell them what went on during the trip but they did make me promise to tell every single detail when they come home. I told them I’d be dropping by later in the afternoon, that’s if I can survive that mysterious meeting.

I missed hyung who came lumbering to greet me at the door. Our neighbor kindly fed him for two days when I was gone. Poor hyung must’ve been lonely. It was kind of embarrassing when Henry carried me in, poor cousin of mine. I was just too groggy since I didn’t get enough sleep the night before from thinking so much of that meeting.

I was supposed to be at the company by 1pm so I just ate a sandwich, better to be safe coz I might throw up. Argh! Why am I like this?! I am so usually panicky!

I arrived at SMent with much time to spare and I approached the receptionist.

            “may I help you?” she asked with a smile.

            “uhmmm…I have a meeting with Mr. Lee Soo Man.” I almost stammered but  actually managed to keep myself calm. I hope none of the boys would come today and actually see me. Casey would be the only one that would not be surprised if that would happen.

            “name please?”

            “Zee Arista Lau.” I said as she typed something on her computer before she looked back at me and gave a small nod.

            “ah yes, Soo Man seonsaengnim has been expecting you. Follow me please.” She said as she stood up and walked towards the hallway and I followed.

I didn’t get to notice much of the interior all I know is the floor was made of shiny marble. We walked two flights of stairs and arrived at a hallway with carpeted floor, huge glass windows were spotless. I wonder how the cleaning crew managed it but then again its SMent we’re talking about.

            “Zee Lau to see you, sir.” I was looking around that I didn’t notice that we already arrived. The receptionist gestured me inside. The man at the end, sitting on his large chair, stood up.

            “annyeonghaseyo, Zee Lau-ibnida.” I said giving a bow.

            “nice to finally meet you, Ms. Lau, please have a seat.” He gestured and I sat at the couch as he sat at the one in front of me.

            “always a pleasure, sir.”

            “you must be surprised why I had made you come here. Sorry if it was sudden.” He started to say. He didn’t seem like to have any bad news for me so I started to relax.

            “it’s ok, sir, as you’ve said this has something to do with Henry?” I asked.

            “it has slightly something to do with Henry.” He smiled while I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

            “I don’t seem to understand what you mean, sir.” He just smiled.

He took a remote control on the table and clicked towards the huge LCD tv. My mouth dropped when I saw what was playing; it was the performance Henry and I did at the resort!

I turned towards him still in shock.

            “you see, Ms. Lau, this video was taken by the boys’ manager and he was the one who was kind enough to send this to me and to be honest I am pretty impressed with your skills.” Is he thinking what I think he’s thinking?! “I don’t really like to beat around the bush, so I will get straight to the point. Ms. Lau, I am offering you a contract as our new trainee.”

My mouth dropped for the second time that day.

            “wha…what?” I shook my head a bit trying to process what just went on.

            “you will be a trainee under SM, with your honed skills you are pretty much ready to go after one year. We are currently planning to have a mixed ballad quartet, two boys and two girls and most of the executive thinks that you are perfect for the group.” He explained.

I really had no plans on getting into showbiz so no matter how pleasing this might be to others it really didn’t tempt me.

            “with all due respect, sir, I really do appreciate this offer but I really have no plans on getting into the entertainment industry. I am already contented in running the family business.” I explained.

            “Ms. Lau, I respect your decision but I also want you to know that one of the reasons why I wanted to have you sign with us is to help Henry.”

            “what do you mean?”

            “as you know Henry is already in SJM but unfortunately there are still a lot of people who couldn’t accept him in SJ. Your cousin is really talented and we want to be able to show everyone that, we are very much considering of adding him in that new group.”

That got me thinking. I know of those Only13 crap that some fans have been going on about and that SS2 Shanghai incident that made Henry finally voice out his pain. I’ve shed tears for my cousin in that incident. But unlike Henry, I am more short-tempered so I don’t know what I might do to antis and all that.

            “I am really sorry, sir, but I really can’t accept your offer, I can only support Henry in the sidelines. I love my cousin, I really do but I might do him more damage if I’d be in the entertainment industry, I really don’t have much patience.” To my surprise he laughed at that.

            “I am sorry as well that we can’t have you join the company, your talent is really something to commend about.” He smiled.            “tell you what, you may not be able to sign a contract with us but can you perform for us?”

I stared at him for a while.

            “what do you mean?”

            “you’ll be like a freelance artist, will you allow us to call on you if we want you to perform in a, for example, an event?” well that seemed reasonable.

            “oh…well, that would be fine, I guess. But can I have a request?”

            “sure, what is it?”

            “when I perform, can I wear a mask?” I honestly don’t want to be known in the public to a phantom-y or a masquerade mask will do.

            “why?” he asked a bit puzzled.

            “I really don’t want people to recognize me, sir.” I answered simply and he laughed again.

He suddenly clapped which almost made me jump in surprise.

            “it’s a deal then! Gaja! You have your first performance.” He said and stood up.

            “eh? What?” he didn’t say anything but gesture me to a room.

            “stay here for bit, ok? I will call you when it’s time?”

I was about to ask ‘time for what?’ but he already disappeared to the other room. I really had half a mind to leave now if I didn’t think I’d be rude if I did so, not to mention that Soo Man was kind enough to think of Henry’s career.

While I waited, I sat at the chair near the window and thought about how I got myself into this mess.

 

Heechul’s POV

 

We all went straight to the conference room as soon as we got to the company; most were quiet though, well, except for Eunhyuk, Henry and Donghae who were arguing about something I didn’t care enough to know what.

I was waiting for SaeMi’s text so badly that I kept looking at my phone even if I was staring at a blank screen.

            “yah, are you waiting for a call or something? You’ve been staring at our phone since we got in the car.” Leeteuk nudged me.

            “nothing, just got nothing to do.” I said putting my phone inside my pocket.

            “you know what, hyung, you’ve been acting pretty strangely since our trip. Anything bothering you?” Siwon asked curiously. Fortunately, none of the others could hear.

            “nothing’s bothering me, I’m just tired and in case you’ve forgotten I still have colds.” It’s true, I was still a bit under the weather but its nothing I couldn’t handle, the cold is almost gone now, so I cant help but make it as an excuse.

Siwon was about to say something again but he was cut off when Soo Man seonsaengnim came in. We all stood and gave him a bow and greeting before he gestured us to sit again.

            “well, boys, the reason why I called you in today is because we will be changing some of your performances in your concert. We won’t be replacing much performances maybe two or three but we will be adding more.”

            “excuse me sir, but our concert is in two weeks, will we have enough time to prepare?” Leeteuk asked the question that we all wanted to ask.

            “of course. Firstly, all of you will be showcasing your talents in playing musical instruments; there will be two piano duets. First will be Leeteuk and ZhouMi and then Ryeowook and Heechul with Kyuhyun on the clarinet, vocals will be chosen according to the song you will decide on. Siwon will be playing the drums, Donghae and Sungmin in the guitar, again Ryeowook on the organ and Henry on the violin, in that particular performance I want Heechul in the vocals and Eunhyuk and Shindong. Lastly, in addition to Henry’s solo, he will also be performing a special duet.” We were still processing the new bit of information he was giving us but most of us lingered on the last part.

            “special duet? What do you mean, sir?” it was Henry’s turn to ask this time.

Soo Man seonsaengnim just smiled and opened the door which he used to come in. he seemed to have called someone from the other room. A few seconds later that someone came into view; our mouths dropped open, and so did the girl.

            “boys, meet SS3’s special guest from now till the conclusion of your tour. I’m sure you all know who she is?” he gave a wide toothy grin.

            “ZEE!!!” everyone shouted in utter shock.

----------------------------------------------

this chap and its part 2 is dedicated to Kim Heechul who will be enlisting in the army soon. he is my greatest bias and the news of him enlisting shocked me greatly. but let's not make him sad and cheer him on until he gets discharged.:D look at the bright side we will be welcoming heenim the year after we will be welcoming kangin..:D

i have also mentioned before that this story is pretty much fixed already before i even started to write it, so the little changes is just something to extend the story..and it kinda creeped me out that in this story [spoiler] i also planned to make him enlist early. i guess i kinda foresaw it right?

anyway Heenim fighting!!! we will wait for your return!