Beware of the Ticking Time Bomb

His Perfect Match

9am SJ dorm

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            “Henry!!! For all my pets’ sake! Go take a bath!” I screamed as my roommate squirmed in his bed.

I can’t take this anymore! My room stinks and it’s not the usual stink of guys. It smells like something died in here! Even though Eunhyuk’s feet are worse this stench is pretty much close to that! Every time he walks in my sugar gliders all go berserk and makes their version of a bark at Henry. Oh yes he smells THAT bad.

Oh yeah those gliders are what Zee got me for that deal we had in Singapore. I LOVE EM!!! I named them Kiyo and Riko and they love me; they just hate Henry for his smell. *barf*

            “Henry! Get up! NOW!!!” I flipped his blanket away. Enk! Bad idea! His smell wafted into my poor suffering nose. *gag*

            “hyung, let me sleep. I don’t wanna take a shower.” He muttered groggily searching for his blanket, which I threw out the door.

If I can successfully get Henry to take a shower, making him do his laundry will definitely be the next on the list. Why of all the days I have to be the one to be free the whole morning?!

            “that’s it you are leaving me with no choice!” I stomped right out of the room and out the dorm.

If there’s one person that can get stinky Henry out of bed, that’s definitely his cousin.

            “argh! Why can’t even the elevator cooperate with me!?”

to save time, I ran down the stairs. It’s not like it’s that far down and I can use the exercise. Checking if the coast is clear I walked up to her door and rang the doorbell.

            “Donghae oppa?” I heard Zee’s voice from the speaker; I guess she saw me from the video screen.

            “yeah, can you let me in? I need to ask a favor.” I tried not to sound desperate but I think I didn’t do much of a good job.

            “sure, come in.” she said and the door beeped and then opened.

She met me at the doorway with her grumpy dog, Hyung, at her side. I tried not to get in the way of the giant animal.

            “I know it’s early, Zee, but I desperately need your help. It’s a matter of my room’s sanitary situation.”

She looked at me in confusion holding her cup of coffee.

            “sanitary situation? Sorry, I’m not following.”

            “your cousin won’t take a shower and the room stinks. My gliders hate him already. Not to mention I have to clean my fishbowl once a day coz he stinks so much it’s affecting the water in the bowl. Zee you got to help me! I’m desperate!” I was seriously holding her shoulders now and shook her a bit.

She stared at me as if I was crazy. Then it changed from shocked and confused just plain amused.

            “c’mon, oppa, I’ll help you. Henry is easy to handle once you know how.” She said putting her cup down.

We walked out of her apartment and surprisingly she brought Hyung with her. We used the stairs again to avoid getting in the elevator with the other tenants. I checked the hallway before coming out with her and into our dorm.

            “sorry if it’s a bit messy, I’m supposed to clean up a bit.” I scratched my head as there were random pieces of clothing everywhere. No underwear! We learned our lesson already so mostly shirts and towels are the only things you can see scattered…ahem! Most are owned by Siwon and Leeteuk hyung.

            “no worries. My brother’s room makes your dorm looks like Mr. Monk’s place.” She said laughing a bit after looking around. I wonder when’s the last time she’s been here since we mostly go to her place to practice and of course to ask her to teach us English.

Wait…who’s Mr. Monk? Does she mean the monks in the temple? I don’t think our dorm looks like a temple. There’s no incense and stuffs.

            “errr…Mr. Monk? Who’s that?” I bravely asked.

            “nevermind. Where’s your room again?” she said as Hyung kept sneezing beside her. I guess his sensitive nose is also bugging him with Henry’s smell.

I pointed to the room in front of Heechul hyung’s. He’s lucky he’s too busy to notice the smell wafting from my room or else he’s going to get poisoned by the smell too. Then, tragedy will strike when he’d kill Henry then Zee will kill him for killing her cousin. *sigh* they’re the most violent couple out there.

Zee opened the door to my room and as soon as she peeked inside she flinched and covered her nose.

            “aw yuck! I guess you weren’t exaggerating about that sanitary situation.” I nodded vigorously. “are you sure it’s Henry? Oh wait don’t answer that.”

I guess being Henry’s cousin she already knows.

            “anything you need to get him up?” I asked.

            “nope. I got my weapon right here.” She grinned and pointed at the huge canine beside her.

Ohhh…I think I know what’s going on now.

            “Hyung…get him.” She said in a low calm voice.

Her dog gave out a huff, ran towards the sleeping man in the room and jumped on him landing on his stomach. Henry woke with a start as if all the air in his lungs vanished when Hyung jumped on him.

            “that must’ve hurt.” I said holding my laughter. I can clearly hear Henry’s mumbled ‘geroff me!!!’ in the background.

            “what can you expect from an 85-pound dog?” Zee remarked smugly and walked inside the stinky room.

            “BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!” I immediately fell to the floor from laughing. I cant breathe!

Hyung was actually sitting on top on Henry. Dog on chubby Canadian tummy!wahahahaha gotta take a picture!

            “do NOT take a picture, hyung!” Henry shouted trying to get the dog off of him but to no success.

            “I can use this to blackmail you next time Henry my boy!hahaha wait till the guys sees this. Daebak!” I almost bounced in the room. It would be easy getting him to shower now.muhahaha

            “will you still not take a shower and clean your side of the room, dear cousin? Or do you want Hyung to drag you to the bathroom? I’ll let oppa take a video of the whole thing.” Zee said in a sing song voice but the threatening tone was there. No wonder she and Heechul hyung got along.

            “fine fine! I’ll go take a shower and clean my side of the room. Yeesh! Now get your dog off of me!” Henry flailed in frustration and Zee finally called his dog down.

            “that’s a good Henry.” Zee teased and patted Henry’s head as he took some clothes and a towel and stalked towards the bathroom.

            “thanks a lot for this, Zee. I owe you one.” I said as we walked out of the room.

            “no worries. He’s one lazy bum anyway so might as well get him to do something once in a while. Good thing ZhouMi lives with Kyuhyun now or else he’d still be cleaning up after Henry.”

I gave her a glass of juice, as she’d still be overseeing Henry’s clean up task.

            “don’t you have a schedule for today?” Zee asked.

            “not until 1 pm.” I answered as we sat by the dining room table. “oh, and our new MV will be released this afternoon.”

            “oh yeah, it’s for Perfection right? I hope you guys aren’t stuck in a box again this time.” She said. I smiled sheepishly.

            “errr…well, we kinda are.” What? It’s not our fault that they made the concept that way. We did suggest some things but they wanted the dance to be the main thing so yeah we kinda stuck with that one.

            “let me guess. It’s in an oddly lit room?” she said in an almost bored and exasperated voice.

            “how’d you know?”

            “3 words, my fishy friend. Sorry, Sorry, and Bonamana. Not to mention the dance version of Noerago. I mean can’t SM come up with a concept or plotline for you guys? I mean it’s not that hard right? there are lot of videos with great storylines like the ones from SHINee, Infinite or Batoost?” she started ranting and I can’t help but grin.

Wait..what was that last part again?

            “uhhh…Batoost?” did I miss any debuts this year? Is there a group named Batoost?’

she looked like she was about to laugh as if something I said caught her off guard in a very amusing way. Errr…was I?

            “sorry oppa, it’s just an inside joke the girls and I have. It’s Beast. We do get the whole 2-in-Korean-is-I thing but having 2 in B2st seemed too funny to pass up.”

I stared at her blankly unable to think straight for a second then I laughed so hard again I almost fell.

            “Ba…Ba…Batoost! Hahahahahaha”

            “don’t get me wrong here, oppa. I may call them that sometimes but I do love Beast.” She said slightly laughing… I guess she’s laughing at me. But WHO CARES!!!!??? BATOOST!!!wahahaha

            “you should definitely say that to Junhyung when you meet again.” I said after I have already let all the laughter out.

            “no thanks. I assume Heechul already did that for me some time ago.”

Ah. Hyung…

            “I’m done.” We turned when Henry called out from the bathroom door and looking like he’d been through a great ordeal during his minutes in the bathroom.

            “good. So what are you waiting for? Go clean.” Zee said shooing Henry to the room.

            “fine.” Henry said walking sulkily towards the room.

            “err…Zee, I think I should just be the one to supervise him.” I said cautiously.

Why am I feeling guilty? Poor Henry, he’s alone and there’s no one to help him clean his side of the room. Great! I am just too nice for my own darn good.:((

            “why?”

            “well, I want to help him a bit. But don’t worry I won’t help him too much I promise.” I saw Zee raise an eyebrow and scrutinized me for a second.

            “ok, if that’s what you want. Just make sure he cleans his sheets and everything.” I nodded and walked her towards the door.

            “don’t worry I can handle it.” Hyung bumped my leg as he stepped out with his owner.

            “oh and please remind Henry about this afternoon.”

            “why? What’s up?” am I being nosy?

            “we’re going to Kyuhyun’s musical. Wanna come?” she said holding onto Hyung’s collar.

Oh cool! I haven’t really watched it yet. So it’s going to start at around 8, right? great! I only have a photoshoot and if it ends early I can go with them. I guess Heechul hyung can’t join us since he has Youngstreet…hehehe

            “sure! I’ll give you two a call where I can meet you two. Hopefully my shoot ends early, I really want to watch Kyuhyunnie’s musical.”

            “no problem. See you later oppa.” She waved and walked towards the elevator.

I walked back to my room to check up on Henry. As soon as I opened the door I saw him flopped on his bed, covers off, and asleep.

What am I going to do with this kid?

Ah hah!!

            “HAAA-YAH!!!” I jumped onto the lump on the bed and landed on his back.

            “AHHHH!!!! HYUNG! GET OFF!!!”

            “not gonna! If you don’t get you back to cleaning, I’m calling your cousin back here and I’m going to get all on video and show it to the others, maybe even to the rest at the company.”

            “fine fine fine! I’m doing it! geez, hyung, you’re as heave as Zee’s dog!”

I got off, sat on my bed piled on the pillows and leaned on it while I watched Henry start to stand up.

            “now go clean.” I said lazily waving a hand to him.

He kept mumbling something in English, which I can’t quite catch. But the words forced labor was in there. Oh well!

I took Kiyo and Riko out from their cage and played with them. Kiyo’s on my shoulder while Riko’s lounging on my hand. I held it close to my face and it’s great big eyes looked back at me.

           “hey I think I’ll start training you two to scratch Henry’s face the next time I try to get him to clean or shower.” The only answer I got was Riko and Kiyo running off my shoulder and hand and hid under my pillows.

Talk about a total trauma from Henry’s awful no-shower smell. Tsk!

 

Starbucks, 6:30 pm

 

Zee’s POV

 

Henry and I planned this day a week ago. When we’re still in Canda we almost did a lot of things together but when he started training and working here in Korea that rarely happens anymore. Even if I’m even here already it still doesn’t always happen often, finally we are able to get this one day together. We both agreed on watching Kyuhyun’s musical as the last stop to our afternoon hangout. We shopped for things we need at the apartment, some food supplies and other stuff.

I wasn’t remotely surprised however when a lot of people recognized him. He seemed shocked about it but I wasn’t. We hurried out to every store that had someone who recognizes him.

But that incident of forcing him to shower and clean this morning put a damper on his mood. But that ended after I gave him some food. I always know how to push the right buttons when he’s not in the mood.

We decided to hang out at the Starbucks near the Chungmu Art Hall while waiting for Donghae oppa who’ll meet us at around 7.

Both of us ordered a hot drink for today, mine’s cappuccino and Henry’s got some caramel latte decaf. Unlike me Henry’s caffeine tolerance is unbelievably low.

            “so have you told Heechul hyung yet?” he asked after taking a sip of his drink.

I knew what he was talking about of course.

            “not yet. I didn’t get a chance to tell him with all the drama at the hotel yesterday.”

            “when are you planning to tell him?” why is he so persistent about this?

            “I don’t know. Maybe after I’ve told your company that I can’t go to Malaysia with you guys.” I said playing with my coffee stirrer.

            “it’s still more than 2 weeks away though…still a lot of time to tell him.” Henry grin, I perfectly know what’s going through that mind of his.

            “oh you know very well that even 2 months is very short to that crazy hyung of yours.” I burst out. not loud enough to startle everyone but it made Henry chuckle.

            “my hyung, but your boyfriend.”

            “oh shush! We’re in public, you idiot.” I hurriedly waved him off and looked around to look for any onlooker and eavesdropper.

            “fine, just chill, Zee.”

            “hey, it’s not my fault that I have to go back to Canada for 2 weeks since my visa limits me form staying a full year here..” I ranted. Yeah right? I know there are other kinds of working visas but my dad wanted me to have this one. Yeesh!

            “you’re lucky you can go home. I wish I could go with you. I miss home.” he slouched and pouted.

Henry’s been busy with SJM’s comeback preparations that he didn’t have time to go back to Canada after he went to new York for his studies last year

            “you’ll have you chance, cuz.” I smiled trying to comfort him.

            “anyway, how’s your family going?”

            “they’re good. I talked to dad last night. I didn’t tell him about the incident of the lost dog of course. They’re all fine, guess what? Annie’s pregnant!” I said happily and Henry sat straight up from his seat.

            “you serious?!” he asked and I nodded energetically.

My sister Annie and her husband Derek have been waiting for a baby since they got married two years ago and they finally have one.

            “yup! They just found out a month ago when she was 3 months pregnant. She always had irregular periods so they didn’t notice it, they decided to go to the doctor when the signs finally started to show like the vomiting, the sensitivity to certain smells and the other stuffs.”

            “so she’s 4 months into her pregnancy now? so do they know if it’s a boy or a girl already?” Henry asked almost bouncing in his seat. That earned him some odd looks form the other patrons.

            “yep, and it’s a boy.” I answered with a smile.

Even though I have a pesky little brother I would still love to have a nephew.

            “wow! I’m sure they’re really happy now.”

            “of course they are, what do you expect? They’ve been waiting for a baby for 2 years now.”

Henry was about to open his mouth to say something but someone from behind me silenced him. I turned around and saw a man wearing shades and bundled up with a scarf. He was just standing there looking at us and fidgeting. I know who I think this is, but I don’t want to say his name.

            “guys, it’s me!” he said in loud whisper.

I knew it. it was Donghae oppa. He hurriedly sat beside Henry and took off his shades.

            “err…you don’t really have to hide you know.” I said. It’s true, I mean he’s with Henry and people can just think I’m just their chaperone or something. It happens.

            “I know but there were a lot of fans at the shoot. I didn’t realize we had to do it outdoors so I had to wear these to get away.” He said quickly as he took off his scarf.

Henry got attention while we walked around the city but damn it wasn’t as huge as how people responded when they saw Donghae oppa. They started whispering and pointing towards us and took a lot of pictures.

            “it’s 7, I think we should go now.” Henry said nervously as place started to fill up with oppa’s fans. There were people taking pictures of Henry too and to be honest it’s pretty uncomfortable.

We walked briskly towards the theatre trying not to be rude to the fans. I think some already uploaded photos of us in their facebook or twitter accounts. I can see it now “Donghae and Henry with friend at Starbucks” then “Donghae and Henry watch Kyuhyun’s musical with friend”. Like all people, I do have a twitter account and ever since Ms. Happee Sy told me about the articles and fan blogs etc that goes around the Internet I kind of follow a lot of them on twitter now.

            “are they going to follow us to the theatre?” I asked Henry who’s beside me. He was bowing to his Korean fans.

            “I think so. Maybe even some of them are going to watch the musical.” He answered panting a little.

I am quickly losing my breath I’m wearing heels and matching the boys’ pace is really hard.

A few agonizing minutes later we arrived at the packed lobby of the theatre. Good thing Henry and I bought the tickets early or else we’d be stuck in the long line.

            “c’mon let’s head backstage. I’ve called Kyuhyun and he said we could hang out there before the musical starts.” Donghae oppa looked around before walking us to the backstage.

We met Kyuhyun backstage and he introduced us to his cast mates. To be honest this is my first time watching a musical ever. So this would be a pretty good experience for me. We took a couple of pictures backstage and when it’s almost time for the show to start, we walked out and into our seats not too far but also not too near the stage. The couple of fans that seemed to recognize my companions started to take pictures but quickly stopped when the ushers told them to.

Kyuhyun and I started talking during that trip to the Philippines, yeah I was still pissed at him for moving out and all but he needs a friend and all I ever wanted him to do was be the one to first reach out. it can’t always be us who reached out to him. There are just a few lessons in life that you need to learn by yourself.

The musical was just awesome I was speechless all throughout the performance. If I made a sound it would be a sound of awe; no wonder people loves a great classic musical.

            “hey, you did great out there.” I said slapping Kyuhyun lightly in the arm. we’re back to his dressing room now. a lot of hustle and bustle going on but nothing from what we’re already used to.

            “thanks! Hope I didn’t disappoint you guys.” He replied humbly. Good thing Heechul’s overconfidence still hasn’t rubbed off on him.

            “oh no, hyung! it was great! I mean my favortite part was you kissing the girl playing Constance.” Henry teased wriggling his eyebrows. That’s when Kyuhyun blushed tomato red, frowned and the 3 of us laughed.

Of course we do know that they really didn’t kiss and all but it’s fun having to .

 

Shanghai Mercedes-Benz Arena, SS3

 

Flying to different countries in a span of a week is really draining and I still ask myself why I agreed to do this. But when the boys thank me after every performance I feel like it’s all worth doing this for a group of really nice bunch of overgrown boys.

            “SaeMi-ah I’m hungry.” Heechul sat beside me and acted like a little kid begging for food.

Our performance just ended to be followed by a couple of solo stages, so their next song will still be in a couple of minutes.

            “you are such a baby.” I said handing him a cup of ramen that I already prepared for him knowing he’d be asking for food.

            “uh huh…but I’m your baby.” He said greasily and winked before eating his ramen.

            “you are so cheesy you could make hopeless romantics even more hopeless more than what those Twilight books can do.” I said giving him a look that clearly said that I wasn’t taking him seriously.

            “but admit it you still love listening to me being cheesy.” He grinned putting down the cup of ramen, which he had just emptied in a flash. I took it from him and gave him a second cup.

I know he was just making me smile since he knew I didn’t get much sleep the night before since we were short handed at the hotel and I had to work overtime.

            “for me cheesy is still cheesy. Just save it for your fans ok? Unlike them, I don’t usually fall for cheesy words.” Which is true. But unfortunately players like my ex are not only good with words but also with nonverbal wooing.

            “hey, my parents created this face and I’m born to make women fall in love with me.” He said and posed like he’s in a photoshoot. I wrinkled my nose by how greasy he looked, probably seductive by his fans’ point of view though with the whole lip biting thing.

            “you flatter yourself too much…” I stood up and kiss the top of his head. “…eat that then get ready, Sungmin oppa’s solo is almost done and Way for Love is up next.”

            “you sound like our stage director right now.” he said laughing. I stuck my tongue out at him.

He stood up and walked towards the stage to prepare with the others and I went to the dressing room to change.

I didn’t take too long in changing since I just changed to a tank top and skinny jeans and just my favorite black ankle boots. For the goodbye talk I usually just put on a leather jacket and some accessories along with my mask, so no worries! As soon as I walked out I went beside Henry and Zhou Mi who was watching and laughing at the crazy antics that the others were doing on stage. We either watched from the screens backstage or out towards the stage.

I watched the screen where the camera was focused on Heechul and he was singing with a jjinbang pillow in hand and waving it to the audience.

            “WHAT THE--!?” I heard Henry shout and at that moment I felt my heart almost jump out of my chest.

A flying fanboard hit Heechul stright to the face and tearing my sight off the screen, I immediately searched for him from the backstage. I saw him almost doubled up in pain while walking back.

Everyone from the organizers to the managers was frantic calling for an emergency kit to an ambulance. We thought of the worse possible thing that could happen. If that board hit his eye there could be great trouble. I thought of the fan that threw that board and what she could be feeling right now. it must be hell.

As soon as Heechul appeared in the backstage people rushed to him but knowing his temper he brushed them off not caring if he was being rude or not.

He stormed towards the dressing room and slammed the door shut and that’s when we heard the shouting and the loud bangings.

            “I think we should let him get it all out for now. if we force him now things could get uglier.” I said as some of their managers banged on his door but to no avail.

They agreed with me but had a car on standby to take him away if he decides it.

The other members, with Leeteuk oppa in the lead, rushed toward us when they got off the stage.

            “how is he?” he asked worriedly.

            “we don’t know. He stalked towards that room with a hand to his face. We couldn’t even see where that board hit him.” I replied in the same worried tone.

            “I hope it’s nothing serious.” Shingdong oppa said looking at the door.

            “he’s locked himself in and wouldn’t let anyone inside. There’s been a lot of shouting a while ago but it stopped now.” I said trying to alleviate their worries.

            “he probably already destroyed pretty much everything he saw in there.” Donghae oppa said form beside Leeteuk oppa.

            “hyung’s gonna be ok right?” Ryeowook oppa asked from the back.

            “I am sure he will, don’t worry.” Yesung oppa answered him patting him on the back.

            “oppa, you still have another song to go, you need to go back to the stage.” I told the worried leader.

            “I’ll leave him up to you then?” I nodded.

            “I guess if anyone can make him open that door it’d be for you.” He smiled at me before ushering the others to back to the stage.

            “you think he’s going to be alright?” Zhou Mi said from behind me.

            “it’s Heechul hyung, what do think? He’s probably in there fuming right now.” Henry answered his tall fashionista friend.

I think this is probably the time to check up on him.

            “Henry, can you get me a first aid kit?” Henry looked at me as if I’m about to embark on a very dangerous mission.

            “you’re not going in there, are you? It’s like going in to a lion’s den dressed up as a freshly butchered pig.” I raised an eyebrow. Where did he get that kind of talk?

            “yes, Henry, I will try to go in there if he opens the door for me. Now go get me a freaking first aid kit.” I raised my voice a bit but just by a little.

            “c’mon, Henry, I’ll go with you. Just like what Teukie hyung said if anyone can get hyung to open that door it could only be your cousin.” I gave Zhou Mi gege a thankful smile as he put an arm around Henry and dragged him away.

By the now the hallway was almost empty apart from a staff or two walking around.

I knocked on the door three times and no sound came from inside.

            “Heechul-ah it’s me. Open the door.” I called out calmly. I hope he’d listen.

I didn’t knock again but I just waited. I didn’t want to seem too demanding to him. I waited for a few minutes again after Henry and Zhou Mi gege arrived with the kit. They left to go watch the rest of the performance and gave me luck.

I was about to leave when I heard the door click opened. I turned back and entered.

Well, seeing what saw when I stepped in I thought it could’ve been worse, water bottles and some throw pillows were everywhere. Not to mention the fallen chairs, shoes, brushes, some hangers and bags probably also went flying.

He sat by one of the only upright chair in front of a mirror and crossed his arm. I looked at his face from the mirror and saw a big red gash right across his left cheek and by looking at it he was lucky it didn’t hit his eye.

I put the kit on the dresser and sat in front of him.

            “you want to go to the hospital?” I asked. he turned his head and glared at the other end of the room and I took it as a ‘no’. I kind of already expected it and just opened the kit. “I’m going to give you first aid since that cut don’t seem deep, ok? But it may sting a little so try not to move a lot or it’ll hurt more.”

He gave out a really big sigh and looked at me, not exactly a glare but it was evident he wasn’t happy. I wouldn’t want to argue with him at this state, not when his temper is already flared up and it’s not like I can blame him for it.

I took out some antibacterial wipes and slowly dabbed it to the surface of his wound. As soon as it touched his face he flinched but immediately held still. After I cleaned the surface up a bit and removed some of the blood I dabbed some antiseptic to prevent infections. After placing an ointment to help alleviate the slight swelling and bruising, I placed a thin bandage knowing he wouldn’t want it to be bulky.

After his first flinch he didn’t move an inch since. He looked like he was gritting his teeth trying not to move. His eyes were on my wrist where the bracelet that his brother gave was. I looked down on his wrist when I finished and realized he was also wearing his.

I put everything back in the kit and sat in front of him. None of us said anything and I just waited for him to say anything.

            “thank you.” He murmured a few minutes later and looked at me. His angry expression lessened a bit but it was still there.

            “it’s alright. Are you ok now?” I asked and he simply shrugged.

            “I don’t know. I’d probably have a bruised face for the next few days. I know it was just an accident but it still pisses me off just by the thought of it.” he hissed some swear words under his breath and I just let him release it all out.

            “just let it all out. but you must think about how that fan of yours must be feeling. And if somebody near her saw her throw that board and that it hit you what do you think those other ELFs would do to her?” I said in a low voice. I really didn’t want to sound too nagging. He sighed.

            “I already thought about that, and that’s probably why I stopped throwing things around.” He said looking more and more calm by the second.

I guess the Yong Sun oppa saw the door opened and called out to Heechul to just better leave the venue and told me to go with him. He probably thought I’m the only one that could calm him down as of the moment. He told Heechul to go to the hospital but he vehemently declined.

            “c’mon on, let’s go and get you rested. Maybe some ice could help some of the bruising on you face.” I said standing up and grabbing my bag.

He just nodded and held my hand as we walked out of the dressing room. Before we exited the stadium, he put on a mask to cover his face and I put my hood up. I wore one of Henry’s hoodies and packed my leather jacket. Since the sleeves were too long for me, I pulled it up a bit.

The van waited for us outside and we hurried in since there were quite a number of fans waiting outside and kept taking pictures. This will not help in Heechul’s current situation as he was sulking on the trip back to the hotel, but he kept a hold on my hand.

            “thanks for keeping me company.” He said after I handed him an ice pack when we got to his hotel room. He was lucky that this time, he was rooming with Zhou Mi.

            “don’t worry about it. Does it still sting?” I asked as he placed the ice pack on top of his bandaged injury.

            “a bit, but I can only feel the pain from the bruise. If I didn’t know better I think your healing hands did the trick.” I rolled my eyes and sat on Zhou Mi’s bed.

A few hours ago he was having a fit and threw things all over the dressing room and now he’s back to his weird self. He’s worse than a woman having mood swings when pms-ing.

            “just concentrate on healing ok? If the swelling don’t subside till tomorrow it wouldn’t really look good for you.” I warned.

            “you mean it could be worse than this?” he pointed to his wound innocently.

I nodded, he moaned.

            “oh, don’t be such a baby. Be thankful it’s just a scratch rather than a cut or you’ll be needing more than antiseptic and ice pack. Yes, I mean stitches.” He grimaced as I said those last words and sulked while keeping the pack to his face.

            “sit beside me.” It sounded more than a command than a request.

            “why?”

            “just come sit here with me. Stop asking too many question, I’m already injured.” I rolled my eyes. Just like any other men they’d always use injuries as an excuse to get some skinship.

I stood up and scooted to the middle of his bed to make a space for me. Since his bed was near the window it had a perfectly clear view of the city. He put an arm around my back and I instinctively leaned back to him.

Although we were both quiet it wasn’t awkward at all. It was even comfortable.

            “you think the concert is over now?” I asked.

            “probably.” He answered curtly. It was probably a mistake mentioning the concert since his voice became slightly rigid.

            “can I check your wound?” I asked changing the topic slightly. He nodded and took the ice pack away from his face.

Since I was on his right side I had to lean forward to reach his left cheek and took off the bandage. It wasn’t bleeding anymore and judging by the looks of it could probably heal in about a week. That’s if the bruising will heal quickly.

            “what?” I asked after seeing the look on his face after I checked his wound. He looked weird and it’s creeping me out.

            “nothing. Can I kiss you?”

            “did you ever need to ask?” I replied in reflex.

            “is that a yes?” he grinned.

            “no, it’s not. I think you should rest now. that board must’ve hit you harder than I thought it did.” I made to stand up but he held be in place and started to pout like a baby.

            “at least a good night kiss before you go?”

            “no. you need to go to sleep or else I’ll pour a bottle of alcohol on your cheek.” I threatened.

He crossed his arms and before he could even reply my phone rang and it was my mom.

He was quiet as I talked to my mom. She was asking me about the details about my upcoming trip back to Canada and knowing that Heechul can understand a bit of English I chose my words carefully.

It wasn’t a long conversation and after about 5 minutes we hang up.

            “is there a problem at home? that was your mom right?” I nodded. Expecting he knew that from what I called my mom when I answered the phone. Well I call her mom. Duh!

            “nope, nothing like that. Now go to sleep.” I said finally able to stand up.

            “I know you’re keeping something from me.” I flinched but managed to hide it from him.

I knew he was sharp and I knew that that conversation would really stir his “instincts”.

            “I’ll tell you some other day, just not now.” I said getting my things but he managed to get a hold on my wrist.

            “why not now?” he demanded. His brows furrowed now, definitely not a good sign. “you already won’t give me a goodnight kiss now you’re keeping something from me. Now spill it.”

            “if I give you a kiss now will you let it go?” I said turning to face him.

            “saying that it made me even more curious on what you’re keeping from me.” He dropped the ice pack and crossed both of his arms in front of his chest.

            “fine, but you won’t like what I’m going to tell you and don’t blame me for it. Remember you were the one who demanded to know.” I warned.

            “stop beating around the bush and just say it.”

            “alright! I won’t be able to go with you guys to Malaysia coz I am leaving for Canada in two weeks.” I said in a rush. I looked at him waiting for the bomb to explode.

He blinked and looked at me as if he was trying to process what I just told him.

Then…

            “WHAT!?!?!?”

 

----------------------------------------

 

i finally got to update..wee! thanks to all my readers who are still sticking around..you guys dont know how much your comments mean to me..:Di feel very very thankful to all of you even to the silent readers:D this story is almost reaching its ..maybe in about 10 chapters or so...:D

ps. kyu's musical ended in january so it's just my imagination that the musical is still running in the first week of march. and i still havent edited this so i apologize for any bad grammars and misspelled words..:D and photo is not mine(except for the gliders). as always credits to the owner..:D

random: for our favorite fishy's new pets i kind of got inspired by my actual pets. i named my two female sugar gliders after our two favorite evil brothers Kyuhyun and Heechul. since they're females i named them Lady Hee(the one on my laptop) and Miss Kyu (the one facing the front). didnt really think of naming them after the evil brothers but their personalities matched so well i just had to name them after the evil bros.:D you might not believe me but i'm telling you those two are so like Kyuhyun and Heechul...it's almost hilarious.

thanks/replies:

Coralie_x_SHINee: oh yes! greatest team ever!not to mention the craziest..hihi thanks for reading!

mychokyumintchip: haha i was kind of laughing writing that part..hihi and i have a surprise for you in the next chap..just a bit..haha

chrlnleong: lucky Henry indeed..hihi smart too seeking refuge behind the leader..haha thanks for reading!

OnewxChicken4ever: really? cool! hihi Zee already calls Heenim by his name..i guess we will only wait when she'll call him "oppa"..hihi or Heechul calling her by her name..;) thanks!