Decision

His Perfect Match

Youngstreet 9pm

 

Heechul’s POV

 

            “Heechul-ssi, here’s the script for the next segment. There were only minor changes so it wouldn’t be much trouble.” The scriptwriter handed me the script as usual.

            “no problem, you know me I can even do it even if the script changes.” I said grinning. I saw PD-nim laughing. He must really be having fun trolling on the new scriptwriter.

The girl smiled nervously before bowing and leaving. Tsh. She should really calm down.

No guest for tonight so I’m on my own again. The weekend segment had already been pre recorded with SISTAR and ZE:A. reading all the comments on the website made me think on that surprising “friend” of Angela’s. Zee called in earlier today and told me that it was CNBLUE’s Jonghyun! Angela has no idea who he is but I’m sure she’ll find out soon.

Maknae just got himself in to a tv drama plot, a member of his Kyu-line is a friend of the girl he almost ran over. And speaking of his “line” how unoriginal of him; Chocoball is still the first and best by far!

One more hour to go and I’m finished for the day. More recordings and other schedules for tomorrow as usual. At least we got the night off on Sunday to practice for the company showcase.

It’s just something the company does every year for the very special few. Only 50 fans for each group or artists are given the opportunity to watch it. it’s almost like an SMTOWN concert but not exactly. We don’t do our own songs we do something else like joint performances, solos and other whatnots. Some of the guys even have joint performances form other groups. Sounds fun right? oh boy… but then again no one knows about this coz cameras and cellphones are not allowed inside. It is that strict.

Just as I played HOT’s Candy, my phone rang and Kyuhyun’s name flashed on my screen.

            “now what does this guy want now?” I picked up my phone and pressed the familiar green button. “yeo--?”

            “Zee, how can you do this to me! I know you are somehow connected to Angela and her little adventure this afternoon, you said you were going out shopping! Now I find out that Jonghyun’s with her! Explain this to me! How long have you known!........”

what in blazes is he on about!? I literally had to extend the phone away from my ears to save it hi incessant shouting. Aish! He’s crazy!

Once I’ve noticed his pause, I brought the phone back to my ears.

            “3 things, Kyuhyun, one, I am not Zee, number 2 mind your manners and 3…I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR PETTY PROBLEMS, PABO!” I shut my phone before he could say anything else but I did hear a shuffling sound like what you might get when you catch your falling phone.

Crazy. Now that was fast, I was thinking he’d find out in a week or so but I didn’t expect it to be this soon. Oh well… it’s his migraine, so glad not to be in his shoes.

Now to call my other half…

            “your show is still not finished.” She said immediately after answering my call. Oh how happy she is just to hear my voice…not!

            “you know, you could just answer the phone like normal people do.” I said frowning.

            “tsh! You know I don’t do normal, Heechul, now what’s up?” I grinned at her statement. How evil of her…so like me…muhahaha

            “ah…our dear friend finally found out.”

            “he did now…that’s interesting. How’d you know?”

            “that’s coz he called me by accident thinking I was you.” Now that I think about it, if he does talk to Zee the way he just did, I’m going to have one seeerious talk with Mr. Cho.

            “really? He must really be upset then.” she said and I could almost see a grin on her face.

            “you think?he was blabbering on about how he thought you were his friend and how you could do that to him etcetera etcetera.” I waved my hand and leaned back on my chair.

            “huh! Oh well! I’ll see him on Sunday anyway. I’ll deal with him then.”

            “Sunday? Why are you seeing him on Sunday?”

            “duh! The performance for the showcase? He asked me and Sungmin oppa to do the instrumentals for his song, so we’re practicing.” she said in a matter-of-factly tone.

            “right. I guess I’ll be dropping by as well.” I didn’t forget there are just a lot of things on my mind.

            “oh right. Wookie oppa will do the keyboards on your performance.”

            “yep! Anyway I gotta go, see you on Sunday!” I said seeing the PD signaling for the end of the commercial.

            “sure, bye.” I heard a click on the other end.

The showcase on Wednesday better be a success for all this to be really worth it. SJM members are leaving the very next day for their long stay in Taiwan so I guess it’s more than a month f silence in the dorms. One word: boring!

 

Showcase

 

Zee’s POV

 

Not the usual crowd of fans I’m used to but it’s cool. Hopefully they won’t throw stuff at me; then again I heard the security is tight. We’re just in SM’s gymnasium which has the capacity to hold around 600 people. It’s enough since it’s not a huge event like SMTOWN anyway.

            “that’s one heck of an energetic crowd out there.” Angela commented on my side.

We actually managed to get her through by telling the managers that she’s Tiffany’s second cousin from the States. She managed to rescue Angela when some curious security personnel asked her. She hung out with the girls for a bit while the rest of the boys and I prepared for the show.

            “you haven’t seen anything yet. Those are only 50 fans.” I pointed at the bleacher with sapphire blue balloons and lightsticks and banners.

            “those don’t look like 50 to me. It looks like almost 400 to me.” She looked at me confused. I had to laugh.

            “no, look.” I pointed at the ELFs’ bleacher. “those are their fans. They are called ELFs, one of the most devoted fanbases out there I might say.”

            “how’d you know that’s them?”

            “you see, idols here have their own official fanclub names and colors, unlike in America. See those?” I pointed at the ELFs again. “Super Junior’s official color is sapphire blue. It’s really pretty when you see an ocean of it in their concerts.”

            “ahh…no wonder Kei had so many blue things in her room.” Angela muttered under her breath. She looked at the bleachers in awe.

            “who?”

            “oh my bestfriend back home.” she jumped a bit in surprise and gave a nervous smile. I guess she’s missing her friend.

            “ah, Ryeowook oppa’s fan?” I smiled.

            “yes, that’s her. If she only knew I’m living with him…anyway, who fans are the other colors?” she said to change the topic. I went along with her so that she won’t miss home too much.

            “the pink one on the other side of the gym are the SONEs, they’re fans of SNSD.” Angela gave a nod of understanding.

No need for the gory details of how some ELFs and SONEs hate each other.hihi but I guess SM finally learned to separate these two fandom’s away form each others’ reach.

            “those aqua colored ones are SHINee fans called Shawols.” I pointed at the group beside the ELFs waving the SHINee colors of pearl aqua.

            “they do come up with weird fan club names.” Angela shook her head and I just had to laugh.

            “it means, SHINee world. They do have a knack in combining word syllables. Moving on, see that?” I pointed this time at the group waving periwinkle colors beside the SONEs. “those are f(x) fans, they don’t have an official name yet but they call themselves aff(x)ionate.”

            “talking about the fans unnie?” I turned around at the voice and I saw Sulli and Amber walking towards me.

            “Sulli! Amber! It’s been a long time.” I gave each of them a quick hug. These two are just like sisters to me, not to mention Amber being one of Henry’s closest buddies.

            “yeah I missed you. You’re performing tonight?” Amber asked. she still wasn’t dressed for the show yet.

            “yeah, Kyuhyun asked me to perform with him. Even BoA unnie asked for me.” At the mention of Kyuhyun, Sulli gave a look at Amber.

            “how is Kyuhyun oppa?” Sulli asked nervously. I guess it’s been a long time since they’ve actually seen each other.

            “he’s good. Getting back to his old snarky self.” I smiled and relief washed over their faces.

            “that’s really good to hear, unnie.”Sulli smiled.

            “so you guys will only be 4 today?” I asked subtly asking if Victoria will be here.

            “yep, Vic unnie is still in Thailand, but she’ll be back in time to prepare for our comeback.” Amber answered and smiled widely and it made her resemblance to Donghae oppa even more obvious.

Then she saw Angela standing awkwardly beside me and glanced at me then back to Angela.

            “oh how rude of me. Amber, Sulli this is my friend Angela. Angela, this is Amber and Sulli, they’re from f(x).” I said introducing them. They gave each other a handshake and smiled shyly at each other.

            “are you Donghae oppa’s sister?” she asked Amber.

The three of us looked at each other and laughed.

            “no, I’m Chinese actually, born and raised in LA…but don’t worry I get that a lot.” Amber said joining in the fun.

            “Angela!!!” Kyuhyun’s voice suddenly rang out from nowhere. Then we saw him stalking from the waiting rooms.

            “what?!” Angela shouted back. Amber and Sulli looked surprised.

            “what did I tell you about walking around?” Kyuhyun had absolutely ignored us.

            “I’m with Zee so what’s the big deal?!” Angela looks angry now.

            “last time you two went off by yourselves you suddenly went on a date with one of my friends!” Amber and Sulli’s jaws dropped.

            “Kyuhyun, if you must know I’m right here.” I pointed at myself. After the taking I had with him last Sunday he had pretty much cooled off. Like he can do anything about it, Angela did meet Jonghyun first.

            “you better be back in the waiting room before you get yourself into trouble.” With that Kyuhyun stalked off.

            “unnie, what was that all about?” Sulli asked her round eyes widened in curiosity.

            “he has anger management issues when it comes to Angela. And don’t ask for details it’s a long story.” I said stopping Amber from voicing out her question and she just closed .

We had another small talk before the 2 went to their dressing rooms for hair and make up, Angela and I walked back to the dressing rooms too.

            “NOONA!!!” before I could turn 2 pair of arms wrapped around me in a tight bear hug.

There’s only two people who does this to me.

            “Taemin-ah, Key!...loosen…up…a bit…can’t…breathe!”

the two quickly let go.

            “sorry Noona. We just didn’t expect you to be here.” Key said.

            “yeah well here I am. Oh, Key, Taemin, I want you to meet my friend Angela. Angela these are SHINee’s Kibum aka Key and Taemin.”

            “hi! Nice to meet you!” Taemin said innocently. Angela looked blank.

            “she looks like she can’t understand English.” Key said elbowing Taemin lightly. Key extended his hand to Angela for a handshake. “hi, hope you’ll enjoy the show.” He said in a greasy voice, which horribly reminded me of Heechul.

            “nice to meet you guys, too.” She looked stunned by Key’s charm explosion. Another one fell for it. *sigh*

            “so what are you guys up to?” I asked.

            “we were actually looking for Jonghyun hyung before we bumped into you.” Taemin said and began looking around.

I saw Angela snap her head towards me.

            “calm down, girl. That’s another Jonghyun. Not your Jonghyun. Common name you know.” I whispered and her face calmed a bit.

            “we have to go now, noona. See you later!” they both waved and left.

            “and I thought only Super Junior act like dorks.” Angela commented looking at the boys’ retreating backs.

            “you’ll be surprised. Majority of Korean idols are dorks, one way or another.” I gestured to the door on our right.

one of the cordis from SJ during their concert dragged me to change into my stage clothes and started nagging me about getting inside late. she’s stressed I get it but she should worry about the artist more.

Then again she told me I’m as good as since it’s the president himself who asked me to be the company’s guest for any events they might have. Oy…

After getting to the back outfit I wore in my very first appearance in Beijing, I took my mask and walked towards Angela.

            “wow! You really look badass, Zee.” Angela stared at me wide-eyed.

            “stop staring and thanks.” I waved a hand in front of her.

            “what’s with the mask though?” she asked pointing at the black and gold mask in my hand.

            “I’d like to keep my identity to myself. First for privacy and second for protection.”

            “protection from what?”

            “their fans. Not all ELFs are happy with my closeness to the boys. Of course the boys are not helping at all, they kept posting picture of me or the pictures they have with me during the concerts.” I shook my head. But I am glad for those comments who says they’re just treating me like a sister, which they do.

            “oh.”

            “Zee! There you are.” I turned to my right to see Heechul, already in his stage clothes, walking towards me. Angela gaped at him.

            “need something?” I asked.

            “Henry, is panicking, he can’t find his violin.”

            “is that my problem?” I raised an eyebrow.

            “go calm him down, he’s on the verge of tears. I think Eunhyuk and Donghae hid it to make fun of him.” He said indifferently and shrugged. Heechul grinned when he saw Angela staring at him. “I look good, right?”

            “I’ve never really seen any of you in your stage clothes other than your music videos.” Angela said nodding. She just had to fuel is ego.

We showed her some of the boys’ mvs and she laughed at the skinny Kyuhyun in their U video.

            “now you’ll be seeing it and will be watching us on stage. Well, you won’t be seeing us do our own songs but close enough.” He winked.

At that moment, I saw a group of young boys walk out from the dressing rooms.

            “Heechul-ah, who are they?” I asked pointing at the direction of the obviously nervous teens.

            “oh them, they’re trainees of the company. They’ll be debuting next year, there are a lot of Chinese members in that group.”

            “really? Cool.”

            “see the one with the stick?” Heechul pointed at the guy with very sharp features and scary eyes. He was just standing in a corner staring at the wall looking as if he’s concentrating hard on something.

            “you mean a bo?” I grinned.

            “whatever. He’s trained in wushu since he was a kid. I think he’ll be doing an exhibition later.”

Now that is awesome. I looked at Angela and she wasn’t paying attention to our conversation but was looking at Yunho oppa and Changmin practicing their dance moves.

            “like what you see?” Heechul teased noticing Angela. She blushed.

            “they’re really good. And the other one seems familiar to me. Just can’t put my finger to where I saw him.” She pointed at Changmin. Heechul and I exchanged looks of amusement.

            “he should. You met him last Friday. He’s one of dear Kyuhyun’s buddies.” Angela blushed even more and took a step back.

            “oh no, I don’t want to see him! That was embarrassing!” she tried to walk away but Heechul and I stopped her.

            “what’s done is done and you can’t escape the kyuline here. Minho is present as well so might as well get over it.” I laughed.

            “I’ll give you a formal introduction.” Heechul said and before Angela could stop him… “yo! Yunho-ah! Changmin-ah! Over here!”

the two boys looked up and waved before walking towards us.

            “hey look! The girl who date and live with friend.” Changmin said in his broken English. Yunho stared at him.

            “your English really man!” he laughed.

            “Yunho-ah, this is Angela. Angela this is Yunho from TVXQ and the leader. And you’ve met Changmin right?” Heechul gave an evil smile.

Angela couldn’t even look at Changmin.

            “so you’re the girl he’s been talking about who’s living with Kyuhyun.” Yunho oppa said in a low voice.

            “things are finally getting very interesting around here.” Changmin commented and Angela stared. I translated it for her.

            “EVERYBODY READY!” the PD and the other staffs shouted and we all hurried to the waiting rooms to get what we need while the first performers gathered on the side. Heechul went back to the waiting room to talk with Teukie about their 83-liner special stage.

We wished everyone luck and the show finally started with the shouts and applause from the energetic crowd. Angela was left speechless when the best dancers from the company delivered a powerful performance on stage.

            “Eunhyuk oppa really transforms when he performs on stage.” Angela commented staring at Eunhyuk from the side of the stage. Her eyes kept looking at the stage then on the screen.

            “they all do. You just wait.”

I had to leave Angela for a bit when it was my turn with BoA unnie on stage. I really wanted to have a chat with unnie but her schedules were so tight that she had to leave right after her performance.

I noticed Angela was wearing a jacket when I got off the stage. It was the jacket that Kyuhyun bought for her last Sunday. But she doesn’t know that he did coz he told her that it was mine, so riding along with Kyuhyun I told her she could keep it.

            “feeling cold?” I asked casually as I walked down from the stage.

            “kind of. And thanks again for the jacket, Zee, it’s really warm I love it.” I grinned at that. I wonder how Mr. Cho will take that.

            “no worries. Anyway, Kyuhyun’s up next.” I pointed as Kyuhyun walked up from the other side and sat at a tall stool set for him.

            “tsh! He looks like an idiot.” Angela said bitterly.

            “haha nah..he’s just getting into the mood. His specialty is ballads you know.”

The intro for Baek Ji Young’s “That Man” started and the crowd cheered before quieting down to listen to Kyuhyun’s melodic voice. I can never really tire of hearing him sing. It’s just so comforting, even if his voice does sound sad sometimes.

            “hey, Zee.” Siwon oppa greeted. He was wearing his taekwondo Dobok. I think he’ll be having an exhibition with the Chinese martial artist.

            “oh hi oppa. You’re next?”

            “nope. The Jung sisters will have a performance together then it’ll be our turn.” He looked behind me and noticed Angela. “enjoying the show, Angela?” he asked but Angela didn’t answer.

I looked at her and she was staring at the screen, watching Kyuhyun.

            “Angela?” I called. But still, no reaction. Siwon oppa and I looked at each other. Then with amusement, oppa waved a hand in front of Angela’s face.

            “hello? Earth to Angela… anybody home?” he said almost laughing.

Angela gave a sudden jerk and spun toward us in surprise.

            “oh sorry, did you say something?” she asked nervously.

Oppa and I gave each other a knowing look.

            “nah, I think I’ve got my answer.” Siwon oppa winked and left.

            “what was that about?” Angela asked innocently.

            “nothing. Kyuhyun’s getting off now.”  I pointed as Kyuhyun bowed to the audience and exited the stage.

            “what do you think?” he asked proudly ignoring Angela who stuck her tongue out behind him.

            “I think you need a haircut. You’re looking more like a poodle everyday. I might have to call you Fifi.” I said and he gave a dry laugh before stalking off. “oh and she said she loved the jacket.” As soon as I said the last words he stumbled in his steps and almost fell.

I’m sure he’s blushed even if he didn’t look back.

All in all I think Angela enjoyed the show, the best surprise for her, however, would have to be Kyuhyun’s performance. I told her she’d be surprise and I was right, wasn’t I? ; )

 

SJ Dorm 10:30 pm

 

Leeteuk’s POV

 

Having the dorm empty again makes it feel so big and empty instead of the usual feeling of needing more legroom. I’m really happy that Super Junior M’s new album is a success and now they’re off to promote. Siwon and Donghae will also be recording their new drama in Taiwan. Empty dorm…just the sound of Heechul’s cats and gliders.

            “Teukie? I didn’t know you’re here. Thought you had some recording?” Heechul said as he came in. he hung his jacket before walking towards the kitchen.

            “it ended early. Had dinner yet?” I asked sitting at the couch and turning the TV on.

            “yeah, had some on my way back.” He said and sat beside me on the couch with a bag of chips and some mail.

            “at Zee’s?”

            “nope, haven’t seen her since the showcase. She’s as workaholic as you are.” He said not even looking at me but at his mail.

            “what’s that?” I asked seeing him stare at one particular envelope.

            “Enlistment form…again…” he lifted it up and we looked at each other.

We’ve been receiving one almost every year and I just got mine a week ago. We’re already that that age to enlist and we are planning to do it next year after our next album’s promotion and in time with Kangin’s discharge. We can’t really leave the kids alone without someone to look after them.

It’s been one of the questions Heechul asked me when we finally decided to enlist next year. How will the kids be when we are gome?

Another thought came across my mind; something that happened after our decision to enlist.

            “does Zee know?” I asked.

            “she does. Talked to her about it once and she cool about it.” Heechul said calmly. But amidst his calm face something tells me he’s thinking about something else.

            “and?” I pressed him on.

He inhaled and let out a huge sigh.

            “and I’m thinking about going public with Zee.”

            “bw…BWO!? Why!?” I was so shocked that my voiced reverberated throughout the dorm.

            “something just tells me it’s something I need to do. I already asked the president about it and said he’s ok with it.”

            “who are you and what have you done to my friend Heechul?” I stared disbelievingly at him. He laughed at me.

            “oh calm down will you? You’ll get wrinkles.” He said waving me off. “I can handle this. I will take things slowly; prepare the fans.”

            “are you really serious about this?” I asked to make sure.

            “of course I am.”

            “and have you told Zee about your plan?” I asked knowing the answer.

            “not yet but I will.”

            “goodluck with that.” I grinned. I know Zee will say something about it.

thinking about this might do is already giving me a headache. How can we be of the same age but think so differently?

 

-------------------

first of all..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHO KYUHYUN!!!

another update!:D sorry for the delay..been feeling lazy lately..hihihi hope you will like this and i will start working on the next update tomorrow..so i can post it earlier in the week..:D i really wanted to show the practice session part in here but i thought it might be better in my friend's update..;) thanks liss!

ps.not yet edited and credits to heenim for the pic..hihihi

thanks/replies:

Coralie_x_SHINee: haha glad you loved that part..and might as well force Henry to clean now rather than wait for something to actually live under his "stocks"..hihi

mychokyumintchp: haha that's great then..i hope this chap will boost your mood to update later too..;)

hanhayoung: i'm sad too that the end for this story is near but i've already set how this will end plus some surprises..hihi i dont mind saying thanks to my readers coz i really mean it..:D

jam_9445: thanks so much! will make them even more lovable than ever..:D

achillison: haha no, your comments just makes me realy happy..:D and i'm sure your ferris wheel dream will happen someday..;)