Game, Punishment and Heartbreak

His Perfect Match

SMent Dance Hall

 

Leeteuk's POV

 

            “hyung,I’m hungry, can’t we eat?” Donghae moaned clutching his stomach.

We were supposed to have a last minute meeting before we leave for Singapore the day after tomorrow. Wah…it seemed only yesterday that we celebrated new year then had a concert in Bangkok. Now, it’s the last week of January and we’re leaving for Singapore for another 2-day concert.

            “I have some cupcakes in my bag, you can have them.” I told Donghae and pointed to my bag that I left by the stereo.

            “thanks, hyung!” he replied as he and Eunhyuk ran towards my bag and honestly almost ripping it apart.

I dropped my head in frustration. I looked up at Yesung who was sitting in a corner with his iPod in his ears.

            “Yesung-ah, did you call the others yet?” I asked.

He didn’t respond. I threw Hyuk’s towel at him and he immediately looked up. His face looked blank as if nothing happened. Although, his mouth was slightly open.

            “ne, hyung?” he asked taking his earphones off.

            “I asked you if you’ve called the others yet.”

            “I did, Heechul hyung said he’s picking up Zee at the hotel and Jungmo is already on his way.” He replied putting his iPod in his bag and stretched his legs.

I looked at my phone but still no message. I called and texted Kyuhyun but still got no reply from that kid.

            “have you contacted Kyuhyun yet?” I asked Yesung who shrugged.

            “he’s back at the dorm with Sungmin and Shindong hyung. He said he left his phone charger there.” Henry, who I just noticed, replied from the door. He dropped his huge backpack, which was filled with food I’m sure, and sat beside the snoozing Siwon before sleeping himself.

Now I know why he wasn’t answering any of my calls.

            “yah! Stop trying to tear apart my bag I only got 4 cupcakes there!” I shouted and walked towards EunHae who were still trying to look for more food in my bag.

            “but hyung, we’re still hungry.” Eunhyuk pouted which does not fit him at all. he looks…well I leave it up to your imaginations.

            “I brought food.” We turned towards the door and Zee entered with her hands full of what looked like bowls of jjangmyeon. Heechul also got a handful of it and they entered followed by Ryeowook and Jungmo.

            “yey! let’s eat!” EunHae said together giddily and took the food out of their hands and started handing everything out. Even the sleeping duo woke up at the smell of the noodles wafting through the air.

They were supposed to be here earlier but then again things might have caused the hold up.

            “yah, why did you just get here? You were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago.” I asked Heechul who was frowning at the other members who were now eating as if they’ve been food-deprived for years.

He looked at me and frowned even more almost glaring now.

            “ask her.” He pointed at his other half. “she was the one who had to do all sorts of stuff before she finally left the hotel.”

I looked at Zee who obviously heard what he said and glared at Heechul. She turned to face him with hands on her hips. She was clearly shorter than Heechul but that didn’t stop her from looking like she was about to eat him whole.

            “you do realize that I spend more time nowadays in here than in the hotel, right?” she started. I can see the sparks I her eyes.

The fire is already lit. I sincerely hope Heechul won’t add any fuel to it.

            “but you still need to be able to manage you time, we do a lot more and yet we can still make it on time!” Heechul fired back. Oh dear here it goes.

            “well, sorry if I don’t have any manager to fix all my schedules and all that. If you can also remember you guys call me without letting me know the day before.” She almost shouted.

She can really handle her tones very well, but I think I need to stop this before things get even more heated.

            “Chul-ah, calm down. We should be thankful she’s here. She’s doing us a favor here.” I put a hand on his shoulder. He was about to open his mouth but Zee raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms as if to say ‘he’s right, so you better shut up now!’

Heechul shrugged my and off as he sat down beside the others on the floor and started to eat his share of the noodles.

            “thanks for the treat, Zee. Donghae and Eunhyuk kept on complaining they were hungry that they almost ate the stereo.” I said trying to cheer her up. It was effective though. Hihi or maybe she just felt sorry for my obvious corny joke.

            “no problem, I kind of foresaw it already. If you have a cousin like Henry you get used to it.” She said smiling.

            “hey I heard that!” Henry piped, his mouth filled with sauce all around it.

            “yah! Are you still a 5-year old? Wipe off those stains on you face.” Zee said throwing Henry a small packet of tissues, which she took out from her bag.

All of us laughed as Henry scrambled even more clumsily to wipe off the stains off his face and made an aegyo look at Zee who looked like she was about to throw up.

We both sat down and ate our share and left some for the other latecomers.

            “ah! Thanks for that Zee. The food was great!” Siwon said as he wiped some stains off his mouth.

            “no problem.” She replied smiling as she cleaned up after the members. Ryeowook helped her put the empty plastic bowls on the trashcan while Yesung wiped the floor with a rag.

Heechul was now chatting with Jungmo who was playing with his guitar. Eunhyuk, Henry and Donghae now lazed on the floor talking about what they wanted to eat when we arrive in Singapore.

We just ate and now they are still talking about food. Yesung, Siwon and I joined the 3 stooges on the floor.

            “SaeMi-ah, come here for a second.” We heard Heechul call Zee.

            “what?” she replied looking up from her bag. She was trying to look for something but whatever it was she couldn’t find it.

            “just come here, stop asking too many questions.” Heechul demanded gesturing for Zee to go to him.

            “if this is another one of you jokes , Casey, I swear I will rip you apart.” She threatened.

            “hyung, why are they calling each other different names? I’ve been hearing them call each other that but I’ve never really thought why.” Eunhyuk asked, his face full of curiosity.

            “maybe that’s their endearment for each other?” Siwon suggested looking at each one of us.

It was also funny how Henry was trying not to catch our gazes and avoiding the topic. Poor kid, having his hyung as his cousin’s boyfriend must really be uncomfortable for him.

            “nah~they were already calling each other that even before they got together.” I replied

            “why don’t you just ask them?” Yesung suggested after glancing at the two lovebirds with Jungmo.

            “yah, you really think it’s gonna be that easy? You know how those two are.” I said. Knowing those two they would give you unclear answers or just won’t answer at all.

            “simple. Trick it out of them, you’re good in that area. Heechul hyung might be able to see right through it, but I do have a plan where you can have a slight chance.” Yesung said casually. All of us stared at him in disbelief; he rarely participates in every mischief done by the dongsaengs.

            “how?” Donghae asked eagerly.

            “simple. Play rock paper scissors with them, whoever loses will have to answer a question from each member or will have to do a dare.” He replied, his face blank. It was just as if he wasn’t at all excited.

            “hyung, have you been hanging out with Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook asked as he sat down with us. Yesung looked confused for a second and furrowed his eyebrows.

            “no, I haven’t, why?” he asked bewildered.

            “because you’ve come up with an evil plan, which Kyu usually cooks up.” Henry answered grinning a little.

            “yah, I have my own schemes too, I just don’t tell everyone that since you all already think I’m weird.” Yesung replied his voice sounding a bit sulky.

Well, if we think he’s weird you can’t really blame us with his choice of pets and that philtrum touching thing of his.

            “well, you are weird, hyung. That is to say all of us in the group are weird in our own way.” Donghae laughed as he tried to soothe Yesung’s feelings.

We all laughed at that. Now that I think about it we are all really weird. I guess that’s one of the reasons why ELFs loves us…

            “so are we pushing through with it?” Yesung asked. All of us except for Henry nodded and grinned. I could clearly remember Heenim telling me in between his cackling laughs how Zee at rock paper scissors.

            “yup! Now who gets to call them?” I asked as I looked at the members. They shifted their gazes before all eyes fell on me.

They all grinned. Yeesh! They leave all the dirty work to me. I stood up and started to walk towards the trio.

            “fighting!” they all whispered behind me. One might think they didn’t believe I’d succeed.

            “Zee, we’re about to play some games while waiting for the others. Care to join us?” I causally asked and bent down to their eye level.

            “sure.” She said and stood up.

            “Chul-ah, Jungmo, want to join us?” I asked the other 2. Jungmo just shook his hand.

            “maybe later.” He said not looking at me.

            “ok, suit yourself.” I replied walking back towards the others.

Zee already sat on Yesung’s left side so I sat next to her. Let the grilling begin.muhahaha

            “so what are we playing?” Zee asked innocently. We know she’s sharp but hopefully she will let us go this time..hihihi

            “well, it’s just normal rock paper scissors with everyone and whoever loses will have to receive either truth or dare from the others.” Yesung explained looking at Zee.

            “so the loser doesn’t get to choose either truth or dare?” she asked sounding a bit suspicious.

            “nope. That’s what makes it fun.” Eunhyuk said from my left.

            “you backing out?” Henry teased his cousin wriggling his brows like a villain.

            “of course not. Let’s play!” she said straightening up in her seat.

Surprisingly, it was Donghae who first lost and most made him do a dare except from Zee who chose truth. The funniest was what Siwon dared Donghae. He told him to get a wig and crawl from the end of the hallway and back to the dance hall.

Nothing happened until he was about almost halfway through. He passed by the stairs just when Krystal and Sulli were climbing up. The girls screamed so loud that it almost burst our eardrums and when they found out that it was Dongahae they chased and beat him all the way back to the dance hall… hahaha

            “sorry about that, Donghae-ah.” Siwon apologized. It would’ve been good if he weren’t chortling through his apology.

            “just wait till you loose.” Donghae threatened jokingly. Eunhyuk, who was beside him, tapped his shoulders.

We started the game all over again and now it was Ryeowook vs Zee; Zee lost in the end. All of us looked at each other all our evil minds forming schemes.

            “you better not make me do anything ridiculous.” She said laughing a little.

            “of course not! So who will go first?” I asked the group. Ryeowook raised his hands.

            “truth! What was your impression when you first met us?” he asked eagerly. Ryeowook is so innocent. Gotta love that kid, it makes you wonder why Heechul is his favorite hyung.

            “hmmm…I thought all of you were a bunch clumsy 5-year olds kids who I don’t know why were so popular.” She started. She was so frank that all of us stared at her speechless. “but after a while I finally knew why your fans loves you.” She continued and winked.

            “for a minute there I thought I couldn’t say anything.” Eunhyuk gave an awkward laugh and scratched his head…

            “wah, somehow I don’t feel insulted.” Yesung said staring at Zee in amazement his mouth wide open.

            “it wasn’t an insult. To put it in simpler words, I think you were all cute, like little kids.” Zee clarified and ‘aaaahhhs’ filled room. We also heard Heechul’s scoff in the distance.

If he’s listening anyway, he should just join us.

            “ok, so who’s next?” I asked again and this time it was Siwon.

            “truth! Do you think I look like a horse?” he asked seriously. This guy just wasted an opportunity to dig some dirt. Oh well.

            “excuse me?” Zee asked both surprised and confused. I guess she didn’t about it much.

            “the members think I look like a horse coz of my muscles. Do you think so too?” he asked again after explaining. Donghae, Henry and Eunhyuk were trying so hard not to laugh that they already turned away.

            “no, they should say that you’re as strong as a horse ‘cause you certainly don’t look like one.” Zee answered and Siwon looked satisfied.

            “ok, I’m next!” Donghae hurriedly turned towards us again after letting all his laughs out. “what made you say yes to, Heechul hyung?or like him?”

we became quiet as we waited for her answer. I noticed that Jungmo and Heechul also became quiet. Zee gave it a lot of thought before she answered.

            “to be honest, I really don’t know. I have no reason, it’s just that I just do.” She said sneaking a glance at her eavesdropping boyfriend.

            “well, you know what they say, ‘love is based on emotion not definition.’” I said poetically.

            “hyung, have you been reading my quotes book again?” Ryeowook asked looking smug. Aish! I couldn’t help it, he left it on the living room lying around and I was bored.

I didn’t answer him and just looked at Yesung to be next.

            “okay! Dare!” he turned to look fully and Zee and tapped his chin while he though of a dare.

            “yah bbali!” Eunhyuk complained. Yesung snapped his fingers.

            “ok, go to Heechul hyung and kiss him.” Yesung said smirking. He said it so low that only the ones who were in the circle would be able to hear.

“WOOOOOO!!!” all of us aside from Yesung started to tease and laugh. We saw Zee blush but didn’t say anything.

“well, a dare is a dare.” She said as she stood up and walked towards Heechul who had his back towards us.

all of us waited and watched eagerly as she bent beside Heechul and tapped his shoulder. When he turned to Zee, she gave him a quick kiss to the cheek, which made us shout in delight!

            “Yesung-ah! This idea of yours is the best!” I shook Yesung as the rest of us spazzed and some were cringing, especially Henry.

Zee quickly stood and walked back towards us with her face looking like a tomato leaving her boyfriend who also looked like he was left in the sun for too long.

            “yah, what are you making her do?” Heechul finally stood up and came to us.

            “it’s obvious. Someone dared her to kiss you, hyung.” Jungmo chortled as he put his guitar down and walked out the door.

Heechul sat down with us, he wasn’t exactly in the circle he was half sitting behind Zee and half beside me. It doesn’t make sense I know.

            “so who’s going to ask next?” Donghae asked eyeing Eunhyuk, Henry and me.

            “ok, my turn. Truth! If Heechul hyung wasn’t your boyfriend, who among who is present now could you imagine yourself getting in a relationship with and why?” Eunhyuk fired away his question. I hope he’s ready to die, Heechul won’t let him get away with this.

Speaking of Heenim, I snuck a glance at him hoping to look at his reaction, but I couldn’t see it clearly coz he was looking at Zee. Zee, on the other hand, seemed oblivious to his presence. The rest were staring not at Zee but at Heenim.

            “can’t you guess it?” Zee asked her smile was mysterious. Argh! It’s making me even more curious! This is so frustrating.

            “do you even need to ask? Siwon, of course!” Heechul shouted, choosing the innocent lad whose eyes buldged at Heechul’s statement.

            “I’m sure it won’t be me, hyung.” Siwon said shaking his head.

            “how can you be sure of that?” Donghae asked.

            “that’s because I am not her type, right Zee?” Siwon asked Zee. Much to our surprise Zee nodded. All our mouths hung wide open.

            “yah! How did you know that?” Yesung asked bewildered.

            “I don’t know, I just do. Now, just let Zee answer the question please?” Siwon said trying to shift the attention. Now all of us looked at Zee again.

            “well, if I had to choose…it’d be…Yesung oppa.” She answered casually.

            “BWOH!?!” all of us shouted, well, except Yesung who was shocked that he could only stare, but that shocked look didn’t last long and he became smug.

            “why him!?” Heechul seemed to be the most shocked of all. He pointed a finger at Yesung who was beside Zee.

            “stop overreacting. I chose him simply because he’s the person who can do almost everything for his family. I am not saying that you guys are not coz I know you all are especially Donghae oppa is, but considering other aspects as well I chose Yesung oppa.” She explained.

Yesung is also special of course but most people we ask it would either be Donghae or Siwon. This is certainly interesting.

            “see? I am now one of the most wanted members in Super Junior!” Yesung bragged happily.

            “ayyy…just because one chose you doesn’t mean it’s the same for all women.” Eunhyuk said popping Yesung’s bubble.

            “like you’re any different, we’re riding on the same boat here.” Yesung retorted and by some miracle Eunhyuk was silenced.

I was too preoccupied by Eunhyuk and Yesung’s squabble that I didn’t realize that the lovebirds were having a silent argument as well.

            “ja! It’s my turn. Dare!” I shouted to get everyone’s attention.

Zee and Heenim stopped arguing for a moment and looked at me. I thought why not keep things interesting. Muhahaha

            “why do I think I’m going to regret this?” Zee said a bit of worry in her voice.

            “Jungsu-ah, don’t even think of pulling something ridiculous.” Heechul threatened.

He may be scary but I can handle it. This is just too good to pass up.

            “I dare you…to kiss Yesung-ie.” I smirked evilly.

            “BWOH?!” both Heechul and Zee shouted in utter indignation.

            “what? You’re backing out?” I teased.

            “yah, you very know that wont work on me.” Zee was now looking angry.

            “Jungsu-ah, I thought I told you not to suggest anything ridiculous. What kind of a dare is that!?” Heechul said hitting my arm hard.

            “ouch! Well a dare is a dare. Don’t make it personal.” I snapped at him. My arm hurt! He had no idea how hard he just hit me.

            “WOOOO!!!” cheers and amazement came from the others.

Heechul and I looked at them but all we saw was Ryeowook’s gaping mouth, Siwon’s brows shooting upwards, Henry’s tiny eyes bulging, EunHae rolling on the floor cringing and spazzing and Yesung blushing tomato red.

            “what? What? What happened?” I frantically asked trying to figure out what happened. No one could answer me, as they were too busy shouting and spazzing.

I glanced at Zee who hugged Heechul’s arm and landed her head on his shoulder face down.

            “yah! You kissed him, didn’t you?” I asked excitedly. But judging by their faces I guess she did.

            “she kissed him on the cheek when the two of you were arguing. Man it was pure epic!” Donghae said punching the air laughing. Yesung was just silent with his head bowed.

            “yah! As your boyfriend I need to get something in return!” Heechul said bouncing Zee’s head lightly from his shoulder. Zee looked up and frowned, however she didn’t argue.

            “Me first Heechul hyung! dare!” Henry shouted. “I dare you to call hyung ‘oppa’.”

            “bwoh?! I’d rather die!” Zee shouted much to our surprise.

            “yah! What’s wrong with that? You call everyone else oppa?” Heechul asked sounding mad.

            “so what if I call them oppa? You are an exception.” Zee stuck her tongue out at Heechul. I can’t help but let out a sigh. These two may be arguing but they are actually having their lovey dovey moments.

            “Zee, we ask this of you because we get confused sometimes on who you’re calling. We’re not used to hearing hyung’s English name you know. I dare you to call him oppa or his real Korean name.” Henry said clearing things up. It was actually true.

Zee was now clenching her fists in frustration. I can somewhat see what’s going on in her head right now. She’s probably thinking how to kill Henry a hundred times in one night. Kekeke

            “Fine, Kim Heechul then.” Zee replied mockingly at his cousin, shaking her head at him.

            “yah, you really don’t want to call me oppa?” Heechul asked. He really doesn’t give up. I can’t blame him though, Zee calls every one oppa except him…and Kyuhyun, but they’re of the same age so it’s excusable.

            “I don’t want to keep repeating myself, Casey.” She said glaring at Heechul.

            “oh! You called him by that name again.” Ryeowook piped in surprised.

            “ah! Now I know what your punishment is if you call me by that name again.” Heechul said triumphantly. He proclaimed it as if he the world was just given to him with arms open wide.

            “what?”

            “everytime you call me Casey you’ll get a kiss from me.” He said. He really thinks that’s a punishment? Yeesh! If this goes on for long I’m going to puke. But then again I prefer these to than Eunhyuk and JinMi. Those two can seriously give you one heck of a cringe and puke worthy cheesy lines.

            “yah, why does it have to be that?” Zee protested.

            “why not? I think it’s a great idea.” Heechul said smugly, he really seems to like the idea better than Zee. Poor girl.

            “c’mon, Casey, we both know why you’re doing this!” Zee almost shouted in frustration thumping her fists on her knees.

In a flash, Heechul leaned in forward and gave her a light peck on her lips. Howls and catcalls rang throughout the room once again and Zee was left shocked.

            “you called me Casey so one kiss for that.” Heechul laughed his mocking laugh and Zee became red with fury.

Heechul better shut his mouth now before Zee fries him with her fire gaze. I wouldn’t want to be the one that that glare lands on. Heechul still didn’t stop laughing and Zee stood up and walked out of the room.

            “yah!, SaeMi ah! C’mon I’m just kidding!” Heechul stood up and followed Zee out of the room, but he was still laughing. If he doest stop there’s no point in his apology.

            “hyung! are you still breathing?!” Siwon gave Yesung a slight shake and the latter looked up worry written all over his face. He looked at me with a sad face and almost looked like he was about to pout.

            “Teukie hyung! Heechul hyung is gonna kill me!!!” Yesung moaned and curled up on the floor, wrapping his arms around his head.

            “yah, you’re safe as long as Zee is around.” Siwon said laughing along with the other.

We heard the dance hall door open and finally in came Kyuhyun, Shindong, Sungmin and Zhou Mi. Something is weird though, they looked…glum?

            “sorry we’re late, hyung.” Sungmin apologized taking off his headphones and plopping his bag down in a corner before joining us on the floor. Shindong and ZhouMi followed right after, Kyuhyun, however, just sat in a corner staring into space looking dejected.

            “what’s wrong with him?” I asked the three who just joined us.

            “honestly, we have no idea, hyung. He wasn’t like that earlier.” Shindong shrugged. He seemed to look concered for our maknae as well.

            “care to explain what happened before you came then?” I asked again this time it was Sungmin who answered, sighing before he did so.

            “I don’t know either, hyung. we got back at the dorm and he went to our room to plug his phone for a few minutes. He turned it off to save some battery and charged it to check some messages. I saw him talking to someone on his phone when I went in the room to grab some spare shirts but I didn’t get to hear who it was since ZhouMi called me.” Sungmin narrated what happened in almost a whisper as he occasionally glanced at Kyuhyun.

            “all we saw after that was Kyuhyun coming out of the room looking like all of the world’s problems landed on his shoulders. ZhouMi arrived seconds after that.” Shindong finished Sungmin’s explanation. I looked at Kyuhyun who was now staring at the floor.

            “did any of you asked what’s wrong?” Siwon asked worrying about his favorite dongsaeng.

            “I did but he didn’t answer him and just said we needed to leave already.” ZhouMi answered in his accented Korean, but it was clear they were worried.

I’m sure it’s got nothing to do with his family coz if it was he would tell us. If he won’t talk to Sungmin and the others I doubt any one of us can. Hmmm… I’d probably have to ask Zee a favor to talk to Kyuhyun. Not that I’d need to do that, 88 liners have a weird telepathic communication. She’d know if he’s got a problem right away.

I was about to ask Ryeowook to call Zee and Heechul back in when we heard their voices coming in. we immediately started our meeting and talked about last minute preparations. But still I can’t help thinking that whether Zee talks to Kyu or not I will have to talk to him.

 

Zee’s POV

 

Good thing Leeteuk oppa’s “meeting” didn’t take long. I felt this day was long and eventful enough with all those nonsense dares. Speaking of dares, I don’t think I would be able to look Yesung oppa straight in the eyes now. argh! Leeteuk oppa just you wait I will have my revenge someday! Now I can’t even call Casey, Casey, not without getting humiliated in front of them. Just you wait! Zee Arista Lau will definitely be asking for payment soon.

There was one thing that stood out during the discussion for me. It was Kyuhyun’s mood. He looked so depressed that just by looking at him I also feel a bit depressed. I kept trying to catch his eye but he was just staring on the floor.

While everyone was shuffling around for their stuff, I grabbed Kyuhyun and dragged him outside to talk.

            “c’mon, spill it. What’s been bothering you?” I said trying not to sound demanding, but I think I’m doing a poor job of doing it though.

He looked at me with his sad eyes looking as if he’s thinking to tell me about his problem or not. I’ve never seen Kyuhyun looked so sad before and it made me hold back on the usual reactions.

A few seconds later, he blew out his breath in a huff.

            “she’s…she’s getting mar…ried, Zee.” He said choking on the last word. I felt a cold chill run down my spine even though I was still confused.

            “married? Who’s getting married?” I asked I was still slightly confused although I already had an idea on who he was talking about.

            “Victoria is getting married to Nickhun. They’re really doing it.” Kyuhyun’s hands shook and he immediately crossed his arms trying to stop it. I can clearly tell he was working so hard not to cry.

That cold chill on my spine now poured all over my body. There were a lot of questions in my head but I couldn’t ask it. He was still too hurt for that and I can’t make things worse for him.

Those two were just around my age and now they’re already tying the knot? I mean isn’t it too soon?

            “Kyuhyun-ah, you should to your hyungs about this, you need them now.”
 I suggested trying to soothe him. Even though I know my efforts are useless I still had to do something.

            “I can’t, at least not just yet. I can’t ruin their mood with my problems. We still have a photo shoot tomorrow and I’ll tell them after.” He said trying to compose himself.

            “are you sure you’re going to tell them?” I asked dubiously.

            “yes, I’ll have to leave first, Zee. Thank you for listening.” He said straightening himself up.

            “are you sure? You can just go with us.” I suggested but he just shook his said and gave e a short wave.

Watching his retreating back made me want to comfort him, but I know Kyuhyun is strong and he can easily handle things by himself. We’ll just have to keep by his side and just be there when he needs us.

            “hey, is everything wrong with Kyuhyun?” I turned around and saw Leeteuk oppa with Cas—Heechul beside him. They were both looking concerned.

            “I don’t think so. He told me what happened and I think he just needs some time.” I said looking towards the way Kyuhyun went.

            “what’s been bothering him anyway?” Heechul asked.

            “I don’t think I’m the right person to tell you that. Just give him time to sort things out. he said he will tell you guys tomorrow so you just wait till then. But let me just say don’t be too harsh on him, ok?”

they both nodded, all the jokes and crazy shenanigans halted for the sake of their maknae’s present trouble.

            “Teukie-ah, you need to pass the message to the others before they start asking him questions again when they get back to the dorms.” Heechul said before moving to my side. “we need to go first, she still needs to get back to the hotel.”

            “good idea, see you back in the dorm.” Oppa waved us goodbye and walked back to the dance hall.

Heechul and I walked out and got in to his car.

            “do you want to tell me what’s his problem?” He started to say before starting the car.

            “it’s not my story to tell, just wait for him to tell you guys tomorrow. Besides it’s really not my story to tell, Cas—Chulie.” We were supposed to be having a serious talk then I had to slip up. Argh!

I suddenly felt his lips on my cheek again and I turned to look at him in surprise! I didn’t realize he had leaned over. Aish! This guy really takes advantage of every situation.

            “I’m actually enjoying this punishment of yours.” He said sniggering as he started the engine of his car.

            “yah! We were to be having a serious conversation here!” I protested in a loud voice.

He just laughed at me all throughout the trip back to the hotel. I should seriously get my thought and tongue into using his real name. It’s even unfair coz he still calls me SaeMi. Argh! Gotta think of something that’ll stop him from calling me that soon.

 

Next Day

 

Zee’s apartment 10 pm

 

Another long day at the hotel and since it’s Friday the girls went clubbing again. Seriously those two need to stop clubbing, they should save their money instead of using it partying and drinking.

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator I had nothing else in mind but to soak in a warm tub…perfect end to a hectic Friday.

            “Zee?” a deep voice sounded behind me, as I was about to press the door code.

            “What the F---!!!“ where is my soul!? It felt like it left my body for a second there! “Kyuhyun?! What are you trying to do? Give me a freaking heart attack?!” I shouted at Kyuhyun who crept up behind me. I was seriously clutching my chest and trying to breathe normally again.

            “so sorry about that, Zee. I waited for you to arrive.” He said sounding depressed still. Didn’t he talk with his hyungs already? Heechul texted me earlier today that Kyuhyun told them after their photo shoot.

            “why didn’t you just go in? you know the code.” I asked but he just shrugged.

I pressed the right code and we both went in. Hyung greeted us as he usually did but gave a short irritated huff at Kyuhyun. I told Kyu to sit at the couch as I went to the kitchen to feed my dog. I made some coffee after and gave one to Kyuhyun before I sat down with him.

He played with his up of coffee and just sat there in silence.

            “can I stay here for the night?” he suddenly asked which made me temporarily speechless. “I can sleep in the couch.”

            “why? Did the others get mad at you?” I asked. if they did I’m seriously going to give them a piece of my mind.

            “no, I just want to be alone. They keep on talking to me up there hoping to make me feel better. It’s actually making it worse.” He explained putting his coffee down.

            “sure, but you don’t have to sleep in the couch, we do have an extra room here you know. I’ll just get it ready for you.” I said before standing up.

            “you don’t have to, just give me the sheets and I can do it.” He offered but I beat him to it.

            “shush! We’re doing this my way or I’m kicking you out. You can rest after we eat dinner and no buts you have to eat or I’ll shove the food in your mouth.” I had to sound normal at least. Like me, Kyuhyun does not want to be pitied too much.

When I finally got his room ready I cooked dinner. He has to eat coz by the looks of him, I’m sure he hadn’t eaten anything the whole day.

As I was setting the table the door opened and Heechul came in. he probably just got off Youngstreet.

            “what are you doing here, Kyuhyun?” he asked looking at Kyuhyun sitting on the couch.

            “he’s staying here for tonight and don’t say any more I already said yes.” I said adding another plate for our unexpected guest.

            “not gonna.” He said raising his hands before flopping down beside Kyuhyun and turning the TV on.

I called the two guys after I set the table and they immediately walked towards the table. For tonight’s dinner menu, it’s kimchi stew with ramen and fried chicken.

After a few silent moments, I guess Heechul had finally enough and faced Kyuhyun.

            “yah, how long are you going to be like this? We have a concert tomorrow and what how will you perform when you’re this depressed?” Heechul’s temper finally got to him.

            “I will be alright tomorrow, hyung.”

            “you said that yesterday. You almost screwed up in the photo shoot we had earlier. Are you really going to let this issue take over your whole life?!” although he was starting to talk to him like a hyung now the way he was handling the situation might make things worse.

            “Chul-ah, don’t let your temper get to you.” I said holding his hand before I faced Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun-ah, he’s right. you can’t just get wallow yourself in this situation. I know this must be really hard for you but you have to try to get over this. I will be frank with you on this matter because you’re my friend and you need to realize you need to be strong.”

            “besides they aren’t even married yet! Why don’t you confess to her while you still have the chance? That way you might be saving her from a soon-to-be dysfunctional marriage.” Trust Heechul to say something out of this world at this very moment.

            “yah! Do you really think that would help? You’re just making things worse. Do you know how a girl feels when she’s already with someone when another friend of hers that she cares about suddenly confesses to her and begs her to choose him instead?” I ranted at my idiotic boyfriend.

            “did it ever happen to you?” he asked sounding a bit shocked.

            “if I say it did, what are you going to do about it?” I glared at him, he opened his mouth but before he could say anything Kyuhyun stood up interrupting us.

            “thanks for the dinner, Zee, and thank you for your concern. I will go rest now.” he said before turning in towards the room I prepared for him.

Heechul and I looked at each other and sighed.

We both know we can do nothing about him; he’s as stubborn as we are that much we knew.

Heechul helped me clean up for a bit and as we were washing the dishes we can’t help but talk about our troubled friend.

            “don’t worry about him too much, he’ll be ok. If screws up on the concert, I’ll make sure to beat him up.” Heechul said holding my hand as I walked him to the door. It made me laugh a bit.

            “he’s a professional, we just need to keep him preoccupied with other stuff.” I smiled. “anyway, you better get your stuff ready and rest, we have an early flight tomorrow.”

            “I’m already packed and ready to go so I should be saying those lines to you.” He sniggered. And as he did so I pointed to a corner where my luggage was. “I’m all set.” I added before sticking my tongue out.

            “fine. Goodnight to you then.” He said before he leaned in and kissed me. It felt almost automatic that I also kissed him back. Butterflies are back!

            “good night to you too.” I said when we broke apart.

I closed the door and went back inside. I looked at room where Kyuhyun was and thought that if he’s not fine after we get back from Singapore then I will no longer hold anything back.

 

-----------------------------

whew! another long chapter for you guys..i hope you like this. will definitely start writing chapter 32 since it will have some moments..spoiler much?hihi

PS. still unedited and thanks again for mychokyumintchip for helping me out when i got stuck..hihi look forward to our collab..;) 

oh and the gif is not mine nor has it anything to do with the chap..hihi