Long Day...and It Never Ends

His Perfect Match

Flashback

 

SBS

 

Zee’s POV

 

At a busy day like this I don’t know why I have to come to this place. I must be crazy to just have come here even if they didn’t tell me why I had to be here.

I walked towards the receptionist at the SBS lobby before I get even more confused and disoriented at this huge place.

            “uhmm..excuse me?” I said nervously.

            “yes? how may I help you?” the young male receptionist answered somewhat robotically. The girl beside him seemed to be busy answering phone calls.

            “I have a 10am appointment with…” I took out the piece of paper where I wrote the name of the caller. “…with Jo PD?”

            “for a moment please.” He said checking his computer. A few seconds later he looked up again and smiled. “ah yes, you must be Miss Lau?”

            “yes, I am.” I smiled back.

            “he’s expecting you. Take the elevator to the 13th floor and a staff there will be waiting for you. He’ll you to Jo PD’s office.” He said handing me a visitor’s id.

            “ok, thank you.” I gave a little bow before setting off towards the elevator.

As soon as I got off the elevator a man in a white long sleeved shirt greeted me.

            “annyeonghaseyo…are you ms. Lau?” he asked smiling kindly at me.

            “ah yes, annyonghaseyo.”

            “this way please.” He said and gestured for me to follow him.

The place were filled with busy people doing their own thing on their desks some are occasionally standing to confirm or ask something from another table. I don’t think I’ll be able to stand this kind of monotony in my life. But I certainly hope they love their jobs.

This Jo PD guy must have a very secluded office as we were already walking towards a slightly smaller hallway with tiny rooms. As I snuck a peak I saw people editing videos. I couldn’t really see clearly to figure out what shows they were as we were walking briskly. All I can say is that one of those shows got to be Star King coz I recognize Teukie oppa.

            “PD-nim, she’s here.” I didn’t even realize that he had already stopped at an office with the huge doors. It honestly looked more like doors to a basement warehouse if you ask me.

he gestured for me to go in and I gave him a slight bow.

            “thank you.” I said before he left.

            “good morning, Miss Lau. I do apologize that I could not be specific as to why I had to invite you here today.” he said shaking my hand then gestured for me to take a seat.

Looking around it made me realize we weren’t at an office but more like a mini conference room. There were also three people in there with us sitting at the opposite side of the table writing something on their notebooks.

            “it’s ok. But really why did you ask me to come?” I asked trying not to sound rude.

He smiled and crossed his fingers together.

            “let me start by introducing myself, perhaps it will give you a hint. My name is Jo Shin Jae, one of the PDs of Running Man, but most people call me Jo PD.” He smiled.

Then it dawned on me.

            “I may sound assuming but do you want me to guest on the show?” I asked with uncertainty.

            “ah, you are smart. Yes, we’d like you to guest on the show.”

This is getting complicated,

            “oh, I’m sorry but—“ he cut me off by slightly raising his hand with a kind smile.

            “will you hear me out first before you turn my offer down?” I stuck my lips tight contemplating but nodded in the end.

            “thank you. You see on July will be our first year anniversary and we would like it to be special so we invited a very special group.”

            “group?” I said accidentally cutting him off. He couldn’t mean he invited the whole of Super Junior, could he? That’s the only thing that could explain why I’m even needed.

            “yes, we invited some members of Chocoball to be on the show.” He answered.

So Heechul will be there, no wonder I’m here. So if they want a non-celebrity to guest on the show that could only mean that…

            “so you’re doing a couple special for your anniversary episode?” I asked knowing the answer.

            “you are as sharp. No wonder Heechul-ssi took a liking to you. But yes it is.”

            “but I’m not a celebrity, why would you want me?”

            “Chocoball isn’t really the same without its leader, is it? the people you see here are the show’s writers, the guests were already confirmed and if we’re going to push through with it as the couple special we need to revise some plans but if not we will stick to the original plan…so they’re currently planning and writing 2 episode plans.”

            “I really am sorry but I have to decline your offer.” I don’t want to drag this on much longer. Hell! I don’t want to be on TV! I don’t want their fans to kill me!

they probably also want to boost their ratings by putting up that Kim Heechul’s mysterious girlfriend will be on the show. As if those weird fans asking to take a picture with me isn’t enough.

            “may I know the reason why?” he asked. the writers all looked up to listen.

            “I’m sorry, sir but I really don’t want to be on the limelight. When Heechul wanted to tell the public I only agreed so that he wouldn’t have a hard time with all the stupid articles but as to being on a show or being interviewed, I will have to decline.” I said apologetically.

            “well, I do understand you situation but is there’s anything we can do to change you mind? Even if you’re not a celebrity you’ve already been on stage with them.”

            “I apologize but—“ my phone but me off at that moment. “excuse me.” I said as I fished out my phone from my bag.

I looked at the screen and it was Arnold. I stood up and went out the door.

            “what?” I answered irritably. He never calls me to ask how I am but just to piss me off.

            “is that how you talk to your most lovable brother?”

            “cut the jig, Arnold. Why did you call this time? Another horse jumped of a cliff?” yeah the last time he called he told me that but it was just one of his sick jokes.

            “calm you , lil sis. I’m calling to tell you we’re going to Korea. We’re going to visit you!”

            “what!? when!? This better be not one of your jokes, Arnold, or I’ll strangle you.” I raised my voice slightly.

            “we will be there on Monday, and I am not joking.” He replied.

            “when will you go back?”

            “maybe Tuesday, Korea is just a stop over on our way to Japan. Why? Don’t you miss you big brother?” he teased.

            “oh shut up, Arnold.”

“anyway, see you then lil sis! Can’t wait to meet you boyfriend!” he hung up.

Oh crap! This can’t be happening now! if they’ll be here they will bug me nonstop to meet with Heechul plus they will probably want to meet the others too! This is getting complicated.

 Sigh…looks like I’m going to have to choose the lesser evil.

            “is everything alright?” Jo PD asked when I came in. he probably heard when I raised my voice.

            “yes.” I sighed as I sat back down.

            “so are you sure about your decision to decline our offer?”

I was silent for a bit.

            “ok, I’ll agree on one condition.” I said and a wide smile appeared on his face.

 

End of flashback

 

            “so you agreed to appear on Running Man so that you won’t have to face your family?” Heechul asked amusedly after I told him everything.

            “yeah, so my phone’s been ringing all day, I had to tell them I had to be away coz I need to get our orders myself.” I sighed.  “and don’t mock me I’m sure you would’ve done the very same thing.” I snapped irritably as I saw his expression.

            “yeah, I would’ve. So your condition was that you’d be wearing that mask all throughout the shoot?” he confirmed and I nodded. I’m still wearing the mask they gave me in case they’ll film our dinner. Heechul said they won’t but I just brought it just in case.

We were walking towards the private dining room of the hotel where we’re staying and I get to talk more with the other members, which would be awkward.

            “this is going to be an awkward dinner for me, isn’t it?” I said.

            “and you think it wouldn’t for me? Jong Kook and Haha hyung will be teasing my head off plus JaeSuk hyung will surely be joining in.”

            “yeah, but you’re close with them so you could probably handle it better than I will.” I said sulkily.

Heechul put an arm around my shoulder.

            “yah, if you don’t stop whining I’ll push down the pool. Just be yourself, pabo.” He flicked his finger on my forehead.

            “yah! Knock it off!” I said aloud hitting his shoulders.

Suddenly the door to our right opened and Simon D’s head popped out.

            “I told you they’re here.” He said grinning.

            “what did you two fight about now?” Junhyung said. Goo Hara was sitting beside him.

We did our usual greeting and sat down the 2 vacant seats. Looks like they were just waiting for us.

            “do they usually fight like this?” JaeSuk oppa asked Simon D. oppa who was beside him.

Zee sat beside Haha oppa while I was beside JongKook oppa.

            “they fight over the littlest things actually.” Simon D grinned.

            “yah, if you don’t want me to reveal your secrets you better shut up now.” Heechul threatened and Simon D oppa immediately shut his mouth.

            “oppa…” Jane whined.

Everyone laughed and after the food was served we all started to eat. Some were probably too hungry and tired to talk much.

            “so Zee, when will we be able to see you face?” JaeSuk oppa started to say.

            “yeah, I’ve been curious all day.” KwangSoo oppa agreed.

            “well, I did kind of wore this just in case they’ll be filming now.” I said shyly.

            “really? Then take it off then.” Haha oppa said from beside me.

I look at Heechul then.

            “do you want to take it off?” he asked concerned.

            “yah, Heechul-ah, this is the first time for me seeing this concerned behavior of yours.” Jong Kook oppa teased.

Heechul grinned and grabbed his phone. He seemed to be typing something and pressed call but I couldn’t clearly see who he called.

            “oh don’t be jealous hyung. here!” he said putting his phone near Jong Kook oppa’s ear.

            “yah, who’s this?” he asked Heechul. But the latter just grinned.

            “yeoboseyo?” a female voice said on the other end. Looks like Heechul put in on speaker.

            “Eun Hye –ah, Jong Kook hyung hyung wants to talk to you.” Heechul said.

It took us a split second to process everything and everyone burst into fits of laughter while Jong Kook oppa turned tomato red and ran out with Heechul’s phone.

A moment later JongKook oppa came back.

            “yah!” he pointed at Heechul and the latter stood up and they both started running around the room.

            “aren’t you going to stop JongKook?” SukJin oppa asked.

            “nope, Heechul know what he’s getting into.” I said smiling. Hara and I exchanged glances and grinned.

            “have you been together long?” it was JiHyo unnie who asked this time.

            “not really, we got together around December last year.” I answered.

            “ah…by the way, I heard you didn’t want to appear on the show before, what changed your mind?” Jae Suk oppa asked.

            “I just didn’t want to be on the limelight. Every since Heechul revealed everything I was already put in that situation but I don’t want to make it worse.”

            “so that explains the mask.” Gary oppa finished and I nodded.

            “speaking of your mask, take it off!” Haha oppa pressed on. I laughed and reached for the tie of my mask.

I kept my head down after I took it off and wiped off the slight sweat and looked up.

            “wah… noemu yeppeo.” Haha oppa complimented.

            “you’re very pretty yet you hide behind a mask. Tsk! Such a waste.” SukJin oppa said.

            “yah! Heechul-ah, your girlfriend is beautiful enough to be an idol, you should consider yourself lucky!” JaeSuk oppa said as Heechul sat back down.

            “she’s the one who’d lucky to have me.” he said and I stuck my tongue out to him.

            “how about showing us some things that lover do?” Jae Suk oppa said.

            “yeah, like feed each other!” KwangSoo oppa said excitedly.

My mouth fell. Heechul and I aren’t really into that kind of thing.

            “ah, make those two do it. They do it so cheesily I get goosebumps.” Heechul said pointing at Junghyung and Hara whose eyes widened while the others laughed and pressed them to do it.

The night went on with laughter and I was really happy that I didn’t feel like an outsider. Even if they did ask me a lot of questions since I’m the only one they didn’t really know well, they didn’t make me uncomfortable.

Now all I have to worry is the shoot tomorrow. As the show goes, none of the guests or the members really knows what’s in store.

 

Next Day

 

We were given an 8 am call time for breakfast so when it neared the time people started pouring into the room. JaeSuk oppa was first then Heechul and me.

            “yah, why are you two together?” he asked with a bit of joking insinuation. Heechul laughed and I fixed my mask.

            “we met at the lobby, oppa.” I answered him and we took our seats.

            “ah, really?” he smiled. “too bad you have to wear that again.”

            “let’s just say she’ll take it off when we lose today?” Heechul suddenly said.

            “yah!” I said hitting his arm.

            “oh! I heard that! Why not?!” JongKook oppa said as he hurriedly walked in followed by Haha oppa.

            “oppa! Shiroyo!” I said holding on to my mask.

            “it looks like they took my joke seriously.” Heechul laughed. This is so like him.

Breakfast was almost spent with the members and the other guests convincing me to take my mask off if we’ll lose but I kept declining. Even Heechul joined in, it just ended when I said if we will be the quickest to finish the first mission then I won’t take it off but if not, win or lose, I’ll take it off at the end of the recording.

After breakfast, we started to be grouped. Heechul and I with JaeSuk oppa, Jihyo noona and Gary oppa with Haha oppa, Simon D and Lady Jane with KwangSoo oppa, Junhyung and Hara with JongKook oppa and SukJin oppa.

            “go to Busan tower and find the running balls.” JaeSuk oppa read as we got our mission card.

The 3 of us ran to the car, Heechul offered to drive and I took the back seat. But as I read the card again something came across my mind.

            “wait, isn’t Busan Tower famous for bungee jumping?” I asked and the 2 became silent.

            “we’ll be in trouble if it is.” JaeSuk oppa said. I know what he meant, he’s afraid of heights. “didn’t you try it before?”

            “yes, but because of my accident I couldn’t do the jump with the harness tied to my ankles.” Heechul answered. “hey Zee, aren’t you afraid of heights?”

            “huh? Ah yes. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that we wont be doing that though.”

I could already feel my palms sweating.

            “you don’t have to worry if the both of you will do it, Heechul-ssi will rescue you.” Oppa teased.

            “of course, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I don’t help my distressed girlfriend?” he said confidently.

            “wouldn’t it be funnier if he’s the one panicking and I’m the one to help him?” I grinned.

            “yah!”

JaeSuk oppa laughed. There were a bit of small talks and about 30 mins we arrived at our destination and it looked like we were the second one to be there.

We ran towards the man with the Running Man banner.

I felt the world crash down when I saw what was written on the card. 2 people should bungee together to get the running balls. If only 1 will jump only 1 ball will be given.

            “can you do it?” Heechul asked me. I felt my hands shaking. Seriously this is the only thing I’m deathly afraid of.

I looked up at the starting point and it looked too high. The river below didn’t look too friendly either.

            “can I decide when we get up there?”

            “sure, but if we both can’t do it, Heechul will really end up doing it alone.” JaeSuk oppe mumbled with a nervous laughter.

Heechul naturally held my hand letting my fingers cross his. When he gave it an assuring squeeze I couldn’t help but to slightly feel relaxed.

            “I’m about to go crazy!” I said hitting my forehead lightly on Heechul’s shoulder.

            “it’s only going to be the longest 5 seconds of your life, don’t worry.” Heechul said evilly and I hit him. He laughed but he gave my hand another squeeze.

A gust of wind greeted us as wind greeted us as the elevator door opened.

            “yah, look at them, they haven’t jumped yet!” JaeSuk oppa said pointing at 3 people near the jumping platform.

Jihyo noona and Gary oppa were harnessed together while Haha oppa, who was hanging on for dear life, was convincing them to jump already.

As soon as I looked down I felt like I’m going to die. We were so high up that he cars really looked like bugs.

            “eottoke!!!” I squatted and covered my head with my arms.

            “yah, you can do this, how can an equestrienne be afraid of heights?” Heechul yanked me up but I kept my eyes closed.

            “at least on a horse I can see the ground well!” I shouted. And I heard him and JaeSuk oppa laughing.

We were then fitted into out harness and the final harness was wrapped around our bodies. Heechul and I faced each other but my hands were clenched into fists from beside me.

as soon as we stepped out and waited for our turn, Heechul took both my hands and started rubbing it in between his.

            “stop clenching your hands or you’ll never relax.” He said while JaeSuk oppa, who was also hanging on for his life, was helping Haha oppa convince the unmoving pair in front of us.

            “I can’t help it, this is just too high for me.” I snapped my eyes shut. I heard him laugh. “yah! Stop laughing!”

            “sorry, it’s just that this is the first time I’ve seen you like this. You’re always so tough and independent but now…” he couldn’t finish his sentence and started laughing again.

            “I will get you for this, Kim Heechul!” I shouted and clenched my fists again.

            “ah, mianhe mianhe.” He said holding back his laughter.

A few minutes later it was finally our turn.

            “JaeSuk oppa, I don’t think I can do this!” I was shaking now; I really grabbed the metal bar near the platform.

            “yah, if you’re going to be taking long to decide you will end up having to take your mask off.” Heechul warned.

That made me pause; I breathed it and let go of the metal bar.

            “I’ll really die after this.” I may have let go of the bar but I still kept my eyes shut.

            “no, you wont now open your eyes.” He said.

            “I really feel like I’m watching a drama here.” JaeSuk oppa commented from behind me.

            “shiro!” I protested. I felt Heechul flick my forehead. Even if it stung a lot I didn’t open my eyes.

            “yah! Do you want me to kiss in front of the camera or are you going to open you eyes?!”

            “andwae!” I shouted.

            “you don’t like him kissing you, Zee-ssi?” oppa asked curiously but I seriously heard him sniggering.

            “more like she hates it when I do it in front of people.” Heechul was the one sniggering this time.

I opened my eyes and hit his chest.           

            “stop it! pabo!”

            “we’ll do it at the count of 3, ok?” he said and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I wrapped his waist. I buried my face on his neck so I couldn’t see anything.

            “you better not let go!” I threatened.

            “pabo I’m never letting go!” he said adjusting his footing. “hana…deul…SE! let’s GOOO!”

I just felt Heechul lean towards my right. I could not even scream, I just shut my eyes and hold on tight.

The cold air was just billowing hard then I felt the harness pull as we bounced right back up then slowed down. All the while I can hear Heechul shouting in enjoyment. We were on our sides then when we halted and I just waited for the speedboat to come pick us up.

As soon as we got in, I opened my eyes and felt myself getting dizzy. One of the staff helped me stand upright and I just couldn’t help but give out a relieved laugh.

            “kwenchana?” Heechul asked after we took off our harnesses.

            “ani.” I said shaking my head. “I think my breakfast is about to make an appearance.

            “you better not puke on me.” he laughed as he fixed my mask.

            “pabo, I won’t.” I stuck my tongue out to him and he gave me a kiss to my temple before we got off the boat and helped me out.

we better not have anymore height related mission or this day will be the day that I die.

 

Dorm building, 11pm

 

Heechul’s POV

 

After a long day of filming in Busan, we finally got back home, tired but all in a day’s work.

Zee spent the whole trip home asleep, she really did a lot today especially with the final race where she had to ride the horse again plus the constant running to tear off the nametags. In the end, we won the mission. The part where they said we’d have a special transportation if we made it first was completely bogus. Since I was the only one to guess the identity of the “helper” I was given a trap nametag. If anyone will rip my tag off that person will be out as well. so I may be one of the first ones to be out but at least I took Jong Kook hyung with me to my grave and I got my revenge from Haha hyung for what he did to me the last time.

            “yah, walk straight, you are dead on your feet.” I said yanking Zee up as she was walking like a drunk person.

            “sheesh! I can’t help if I’m dead tired you know.” She replied snarkily, barely keeping her eyes open.

I rolled my eyes and put an arm around her shoulder for support.

            “c’mon, I’ll walk you to your door, or you’ll end up with a lot of bruises.”

I let her lean on me while on the elevator and just woke her up a bit when we reached the 10th floor.

We walked towards her door and just as I was about to type in the code the door opened.

            “oh! Heechul-oppa.” Angela looked shocked when she saw us. “is there something wrong with Zee?”

            “she’s just tired from the trip. Are you heading out?” I asked. Where could this girl be heading at this late hour?

            “yeah, just buying some food at the convenience store.” She replied.

Zee shook her head awake now and stood up straight.

            “finally! Home!” a wide sleepy grin appeared on her face. All three of us started to walk back in. “thanks, Heechul-ah.” She said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I saw Angela look away.

            “ermm, Zee, I just remembered there’s something I want to tell you.” Angela said with a bit of nervousness on her face.

            “what?” Zee’s eyes were wide open now.

            “there’s someone here to see you.” Angela said biting her lip. Who could that someone be? Seolma?!

            “who-?” Zee started to say.

 

 

            “what time do you think it is now, young lady?!”

 

-------------------

here's my new update hope you all like it!:D the end is near!

by the way to all my readers from the phils please be wary of ordering kpop merchandise from koreacollections in facebook..she may have some decent transactions but she doesnt do well with her promises..a friend ordered an A-Cha cd from her when it was released last year and she still hasnt gotten it. she kept pm-ing her to no avail. it was only then when she flooded her wall with messages when she replied to her pm and promised and apologized again and that she will send the cd asap...but the next morning she blocked her from her page and until no still now cd...so to all my readers please be careful.

ps. gif is not mine and credits to the owner..:D thanks!

 

as this fic is almost as its end..i want you to help me decide on the epilogue..;)

 

replies/thanks:

 

Milky_hee:  yup yup!..hihihi

Coralie_x_SHINee: haha you got it right! im glad that you're happy! thanks for reading!

mychokyumintchip: oh yes so you better watch some episodes now..hihi and update your story, i miss your couple!

meggie016: behold! the answer..haha

Achilison: i'm glad to be back as well...i miss you guys too..wah! hihi i hope you'll like this chap..:D

hanhayoung: haha no problem..and she didnt..mask is still on..hahaha i wanted to show the whole 2nd day of filming but i'm running out of ideas..haha and if i include it it might stretch on to the next chapter which i cant do..haha