Christmas Presents

His Perfect Match

 Zee’s POV

 

            “I can’t believe that jerk!” I started throwing the things I bought to one corner and took a clean shirt from my suitcase.

I bought all of them Christmas presents even if it was raining hard coz I didn’t have the time to shop in Korea. After all the effort I did, this is the kind of treatment that obnoxious jerk gives me?! I am sooo throwing his present away ASAP!

I really hope for his sake I won’t catch a cold or else he’s going to be dead. The nerve of him and he even had the audacity to tell me that he likes---

            “wait a sec…” I paused halfway from getting a pair of shorts.

He said that he likes me and I said—

            “uh oh…” I sat down on my bed. “wait, after that he—“ I looked straight at the door and bolted right out.

as I got to the hallway I also saw Casey bolting right out of the bathroom.

            “WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” we asked at the same time, facing each other. “I asked you first!” we both said again.

            “aish! Stop it you two, you’re giving me a headache!” Leeteuk complained as he went out from the game room. All of the other members were in there staring at us. Henry was pouting at me with an amused Siwon patting his head.

            “if you two must know, you came barging in here screaming your heads off at each other. The next thing we knew Heechul confessed and, you, Zee also confessed. Heechul asked you to be his girlfriend and you said yes, so now you two are officially a couple, end of story, any questions?” Leeteuk explained fast. One hand tucked under his other arm. He was seriously looking at us in a very frustrated face.

Casey and I looked at each other for a moment before he turned towards the game room.

            “all of you out. NOW!” Casey shouted over Leeteuk’s shoulder. All of the members who were inside, scrambled out.

when Zhou Mi finally got out Casey grabbed my wrist and dragged me inside before slamming the door shut.

            “will you stop with the grabbing and the dragging! Seriously I am not a kid anymore, Casey!” I said as I pulled my arm away from him.

He looked at me seriously but didn’t say anything.

This is really awkward. I still can’t get my head around the fact that he and I are now officially “together”. He annoys and irritates me to death but he also makes me laugh a lot. Kim Shin and Eun Hee have been teasing me about him. Did I really like him without me realizing it? I guess so since I blurted everything out to him a while ago. I am so not good at revealing feelings and stuff. Argh!

            “look, SaeMi-ah, I am not good at expressing my feelings and stuff but I kind of meant what I said. I like you, I really do…I knew that much.” He started to say awkwardly kicking some of the scattered popcorn on the floor. Why are there popcorn scattered all over the place?

I sighed.

            “to be honest, I think I already knew but I just kept denying it. I am also not good at expressing feelings; I am not a mushy person.” I started to say still not looking at him.

            “well, do you intend to go through with this? What happened a while ago was kind of a spur of the moment thing.” He said awkwardly. I kind of snorted a bit at that.

            “I should be the one to ask you that. You’re the celebrity; this will affect you more that it would to me.” I crossed my arm and looked at him.

            “I seriously want to go through with this. Like I said, I like you.” He said plain and simple.

            “this is really uncomfortable and weird but ok, if that’s what you think then we’ll go through with this. I already said I like you didn’t I?” I felt myself blush. I really really can’t believe what I am saying right now. I am having goose bumps! I didn’t feel like this when Alexander and I got together.

I saw him grin. I guess I have no choice but to smile back right.

He walked towards the door and got hold of the knob.

            “yah! You can all come in now.” He swung open the door and 11 eavesdroppers fell forward.

            “tsk! I should have known.” I said walking over to the groaning boys.

They looked at us and grinned sheepishly.

            “Congratulations, Zee! Or should we call you sister-in-law now?” Eunhyuk cheered and hugged me.

            “oh please, oppa, not that.” I hurriedly said which made them all laugh.

            “yah! Watch where you put those arms of your. Or do you want me to pull it off its sockets?” I heard Casey shout at Eunhyuk and yanked him away from me.

            “wah…she just became your girlfriend a few minutes ago and you suddenly become the overprotective boyfriend.” Shindong commented looking at Casey with an amused expression and laughed together with Teukie oppa.

Casey fixed them his famous death glare, which silenced the two.

            “I guess I should congratulate you too?” Henry said walking towards me with a weak smile.

            “c’mon, Henry, you’re still my favorite cousin.” I hugged him. I am so lucky to have such an adorable cousin.

            “hey Zee! How about giving Heechul hyung a hug?” Kyuhyun suddenly suggested to the unanimous cheers of the others.

I am going to strangle that maknae one of these days. I fixed him a glare and he gave me a very wide grin knowing that he had 10 hyungs to back him up.

            “I will not do that.” I said defiantly. I felt Casey’s eyes on my along with the others.

            “waeyo? He’s your boyfriend, isn’t he?” Yesung asked innocently.

            “oh please, do you really think I’d fall for your tricks? I grew up with a little brother that can give the Weasly twins a run for their money.”

I saw Henry nodding. He’d been one of my little brother’s victims before and he really learned his lesson. But lucky me, my 11-year old brother can’t prank me; he knows what might happen to him if he does.

            “we really don’t know what you’re talking about, Zee.” Eunhyuk oppa still denied what I already knew.

I gave out a sigh and grabbed his and Donghae’s arms from their backs to reveal the both of the holding their cell phones, which the camera was already opened just waiting to capture the moment.

The other members looked at each other and laughed hard while closing the cameras on their phones.

            “you both really suit each other. You can’t be tricked!” Siwon laughed out loud, his eyebrows shooting upwards.

            “why do you think I liked her?” Casey said cockily as I felt his arm on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at that.

            “and to think you two also have pranksters for little brothers.” Leeteuk snorted.

            “I didn’t know you have a brother?” I looked up to him and saw him shrug.

            “you didn’t ask. Heejong have stayed at the dorms a few times but his visits are usually marred with unpleasant events for the members.” He said grinning at me.

            “tsh! Tell me about it, he still owes me a laptop.” I heard Kyuhyun mutter in a corner.

            “oh well, I’ll go get changed before I get sick. You too, Casey, not unless you want to perform looking like Rudolf again.” I told Casey not looking at his eyes and walked straight to my room.

I still find “us” being “together” a little awkward. I guess this will take time to get used to.

 

Next day

 

Leeteuk’s POV

 

It’s Christmas!

I woke bright and early because I really got a good night’s rest, something I haven’t gotten in a while. I glanced over at Kyuhyun who was still in deep slumber. I just stretched and went out of the room. It’s too early to wake them anyway.

            “something smells good…” I whispered to myself. I walked towards the kitchen and saw Zee cooking breakfast.

            “Teukie-oppa, you’re up. Want some breakfast?” she offered looking over her shoulder to me. I walked to her and leaned by the nearest counter.

            “sure, if it’s not a hassle.”

            “no problem, I was planning to cook today anyway since it’s Christmas.” She said. We could’ve actually just ordered room service but I guess she liked it this way and it would really be a waste not to use the kitchen since it’s packed with food already.

She handed me a plate with eggs and bacon with a few toast and a glass of juice.

            “thanks, Zee.”

            “oh by the way, Merry Christmas!” she greeted me handing me a gift.

Wah! I didn’t get her any. I didn’t even get the members anything. Why didn’t I think of this?

            “you really shouldn’t have, Zee, I didn’t give you any.” I said trying to refuse her generosity.

            “aish, just take it as my thank you gift for taking care of my cousin over the past years.” That surprised me. She handed me the gift again and this time I accepted it and I said my thanks.

We both sat at the table with her holding a mug of coffee.

            “no problem, I just feel a bit bad that I can’t do anything about the antis.”

            “don’t worry, at least they’ve died down a bit now. I know they now appreciate Henry’s talents.” She smiled.

Henry might not realize it but Zee really does care for him. I’ve never seen this side of her. I guess this is the side of her that made Heechul love her.

            “I know they finally do, besides have you seen the comments girls write about Henry? ‘ohhh I wanna squish his mochi cheeks!’, ‘just wanna hug fluffy Henli!’” I imitated squealing girls to our amusement.

            “I’ve even watched those fanvids, those made me laugh so hard. I don’t know how you guys keep yourselves from laughing.” She laughed.

To be honest, we appreciate their fanvids although funny ones make us laugh too.

            “what have you got me by the way?” I asked lifting the gift.

            “nothing fancy really, can’t get you guys expensive stuff because #1 fans already give you lots, #2 I don’t have that much money and #3 there are 12 of you.”

I laughed at that. Haha

I opened her gift and it was a white shirt with large black letters on the front that says in English “I am a leader. I lead; I don’t follow.” I laughed hard when she translated the words to me.

I guess we became noisy, coz a few moments later Ryeowook and Eunhyuk came out yawning. Eunhyuk scratched his head and sat on the table.

            “why are you so noisy this early, hyung?”

 he asked sleepily, grabbing one of my toasts. Zee saw him and stood up to make more breakfast.

            “I’ll help you, Zee.” Ryeowook offered as they went to the kitchen.

            “yah. What time did you sleep last night? Those bags under you eyes make you look like a panda.” I said pointing at his eyes. They were really dark. I assume he and Donghae stayed up all night and played at the game room with Kyuhyun again. Tsk!

He didn’t answer and just waved me off. Zee arrived with his plate of bacon and eggs.

            “Merry Christmas, Eunhyuk oppa.” She said handing him his plate and gift.

            “oh! You got me a gift? But I didn’t get you any.” He said staring at his gift.

            “consider it as thanks for taking care of my cousin.” She smiled and Eunhyuk opened his gift.

            “wah! Cool!” he exclaimed putting on his new sunglasses. It was the type you’d see spies wear, it was really classy and as much as I hate to admit it. It made Eunhyuk look suave. “thanks a lot, Zee! I’ll wear this during my dance tonight. Daebak!”

            “look what Zee got me.” Ryewook said waving Zee’s gift at us. It was a cute chibi doll; a cute Ryeowook chibi doll to be exact.

            “you really know how to pick gifts, Zee.” I complimented her. If it were I I’d have a hard time choosing gifts for the members.

            “what did you get Henry?” Eunhyuk asked, still wearing his new shades.

            “don’t tell him I told you, ok?” we nodded. “a picture and cd from his all time crush back in Canada. She’s one of those youtube singers, and she’s getting really popular. I’ll show you some of her videos soon.” She said and we all laugh finally having another ace against our other maknae.

One by one the members came out and Ryeowook and Zee got busy in the kitchen, of course, Zee handed each of their gifts. Zhou Mi got 2 new cds from his favorite Chinese artists who just released new albums. Shindong got some new rocker cuffs, Zee said it’ll make his arms look slimmer and it did. Zee got Yesung a turtle plush toy, much to his delight; no surprises there. Sungmin got a new Bo staff, did I mention it was black?

            “why did you choose black, Zee?” Sungmin asked holding his new stick, he looked like he wanted to try it right then and there.

            “because you need another color in you room, too much pink does no good to anyone.” Zee said much to the amusement of the members, which made Sungmin pout.

Siwon got a Christian book, he thanked Zee a lot since he’d been looking for a copy of that particular book. Donghae only got the picture of the gift, it was actually a goldfish in a fishbowl and it was with Zee’s friends back in Korea. The kid couldn’t stop jumping around.

Kyuhyun and Heechul came out of their rooms and sat on the long table. Heechul poked the back of Ryeowook’s head and motioned him to move to another seat(wookie was seated beside Zee).

            “why is Donghae jumping around?” Heechul asked the room at large while Zee gave him his breakfast. These two acts like they’re not a couple. Yeesh! Ok I’m not expecting any mushy stuff form them but at least they should act like a couple!

            “he’s happy because of Zee’s gift.” Henry answered Heechul.

Heechul immediately turned his head towards his girl.

            “you gave him a gift?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

            “she gave all of us Christmas presents, Heechul-ah, and to thank us for taking care of Henry as well.” I interrupted the two; Henry blushed at my last comment. He’d been complaining earlier that Zee made him look like a little kid.

            “which reminds me.” Zee stood up and handed Kyuhyun his gift. “if you loved Starcraft you’d definitely like that.” Zee gave Kyuhyun a wink, and Kyuhyun’s sleepy eyes widened when he saw the game. He couldn’t stop thanking Zee after that.

            “where’s mine?” Heechul demanded suddenly to Zee.

            “why would I give you any? You’re the one who almost got me sick yesterday.” Zee said glaring back at Heechul.

Donghae stopped jumping and all of us became silent.

            “yah, you gave them all gifts, so why not me? I’m your boyfriend.”

            “so? Did you get me any?” Zee asked back. Heechul was quiet for a moment. We knew the answer to that. He didn’t. kekeke

            “c’mon, Zee, I saw his gift just…give it to him.” Henry said trying to hide his little snort. Something in his reaction made me curious.

            “so you did get me something!” Heechul clapped.

            “fine, since you’re too persistent.” She handed Heenim what seemed like a frame. “you’re too vain for your own good so I think you’ll need that.” Zee added.

Heechul flipped the frame revealing a caricature sketch of himself. It was so funny that all of us howled with laughter; even Zee. Heechul stood up and glared at Zee while she backed up trying to hold her laughter. We kept passing the picture to each other, which made it even harder to stop laughing.

The next thing we knew the two of them were running around the room throwing the sofa pillows at each other.

            “yah! You better get me a better gift soon!” Heechul shouted at Zee who was skillfully avoiding getting caught by Heechul.

            “in your dreams! that sketch will help you realize that being vain isn't good for you.” She said laughing.

When Heechul caught her by the wrist and pulled her towards him. It all happened so quickly that we didn’t know how to react.

We just heard Zee scream as Heechul pinched her cheeks hard.

            “how about I turn your face into a caricature?!” Heechul said.

I sighed to myself. When will these two finally act like a couple?

 

---------------------------

sorry about the crappy chap..this wasnt supposed to be the ending but i realized it was just too long..:) i will try to post another one tomorrow...missing our Heenim already..:(