Regular Day at the Dorm p.2 + Bittersweet

His Perfect Match

 Leeteuk's POV      

 

            “Zee-ssi, how’s Heechul at the hotel? Is he causing you trouble?” I asked grinning at Zee while Heechul glared at me.

            “are you kidding me? There hasn’t a day that passed with him there that he hasn’t caused trouble.” Zee exclaimed a bit amused.

            “yah! At least all were harmless.” Heechul retorted pointing his chopsticks at Zee.

            “harmless? What do you mean harmless? That dog almost went bald because you played with the razor!”

            “bwo?!” all of us shouted at the same time.

            “aish, it was nothing, it didn’t go bald now, did it?” we looked at Zee and she just rolled her eyes.

            “well at least today is the end of that bet we had.” Wow. I never thought time flew that fast.

            “really? Then we wont have any entertainment anymore?” Shindong pouted.

            “yah! What do you mean entertainment?” Heechul asked his voice rising.

we heard the bathroom door close and the rubbed-raw faces of Sungmin and Donghae came into our view. We all bit our lips to keep us from laughing; both of them did not look too happy. They sat down in silence while Ryeowook handed them their bowls of rice.

            “you two better prepare for  you retribution soon.” Heechul said without looking up at his food. I quite agree and glancing at Sungmin and Donghae they were both grinning.

            “your pranks are never ending, isn’t it?” Zee asked grinning herself.

            “nope. It’s no fun if it ends, besides pranks are great material for variety show stories.” I replied wriggling my eyebrows. She laughed.

            “have you ever pulled a prank on someone, Zee-ssi?” Siwon asked folding the newspaper.

            “I have my fair share of pranks. But most of it I used on Henry.” An evil smile crept on her face. It all captured our attention.

            “really? How did you do it?” Yesung excitedly asked putting down his chopsticks.

            “well, that piece of information is between Henry and me.” She winked and had that evil grin again.

            “unfair! We want to know!” Eunhyuk shouted.

            “you can ask Henry about it if you want. I promised him never to mention it again so I wont.” That statement even had us even more curious.

            “you really know how to play with someone’s curiosity, Zee-ssi.” I laughed. “can’t you give us a clue as to what it is about?”

            “well, let’s just say Henry doesn’t need telling twice when it’s me who wakes him up.”

We were silent for a while. I could use that piece of info to wake up the members easily.

The others were already voicing out their protests.

            “Zee-ssi, maybe you could share some prank that you did before?” Sungmin requested and Zee considered. Hmmm…Heechul seems quiet.

            “well, there was one time… my friends and I hated this guy at school coz he was such a jerk, but he was dead scared on anything that crawls, so we put some heavy duty glue onto his chair during break and put a huge beetle under his notes. To make the long story short he had a huge hole in his pants.” Zee ended her recollection calmly as if it was just something she normally did.

            “you’re evil.” The maknae broke the silence. “I like you, we can get along well.” Kyuhyun and Zee high fived and laughed.

            “yah, you won’t be able to laugh soon when I ask Zee how to get back at you.” Sungmin threatened the maknae, while the latter just laughed not the least bit affected by the threat.

Heechul was silent for the rest of breakfast and even after Zee left he hasn’t said a word. He went to his room to pack up his things.

            “hyung, shouldn’t Heechul hyung be happy that the bet’s ending? Why is he sulking?” Siwon asked swinging his bag onto his shoulders.

            “I don’t know but knowing him he’s disappointed about something.” Could my suspicions be confirmed and he actually likes Zee? Aish! This guy can never tell what his feelings are even if it hit him in the face.

 

Just Got Pawed

 

Zee’s POV

 

Morning passed by us so fast that we even forgot that we realized we already missed lunchtime. We had so many guests that we only managed to buy some sandwiches and ate it quickly.

Eun Hee interrogated me all morning about what happened at the SJ dorm, it was becoming really irritating that I didn’t bother answering anymore after I told her their dorm was a mess. I did  pity Sungmin and Donghae, their faces must’ve hurt a lot, it was so red. Ok, to tell you a secret both Sungmin and Donghae followed me out and asked for possible revenge ideas. I didn’t tell them specifics just a bit of advice…;-D

Casey had been acting strange though; he wasn’t talking enough during breakfast. He was fine the night before and there couldn’t be anything wrong with him. Aish! Why am I thinking about that guy?!

            “hey, SaeMi-ah…” speak of the devil. Casey entered the hotel in his celebrity garb, maybe he just got off work? But thank goodness there were no fangirls behind him.

I glanced at the clock it was already 3pm.

            “did you just get off work?”

            “hi to you too…” he sniggered taking off his jacket and scarf. I just rolled my eyes.

            “you’re not gonna dress up like that while doing your duties, right?” I said handing him his apron.

            “of course not!” he took out a shirt from his bag. “I’m still gonna change.”

            “ok then, make it quick. We’re very busy.” I said going up the stairs with him following closely behind.

            “you know, after this day you will surely miss me.” He confidently claimed. I stopped abruptly that he almost bumped into me.

            “I will not! And to prove it, you can now go. I won’t stop you.” I puffed my chest out indignantly. I won’t miss him surely! I won’t miss his corny jokes, his bloopers, his complaints and absolutely not his crazy antics!

            “yeesh! Can’t I joke around? You’re too serious that’s why you get old faster.” He suddenly sounded irritated. Hmp! Who cares?

I walked towards the 3rd floor and Casey towards the changing rooms. I changed some of the sheets and towels and fed the dogs, all that work took me an hour. I saw Casey giving some of the dogs a bath when I went out, he didn’t notice me though. I looked at him for a while. will I really miss him? That ridiculously bright blonde hair of his?

I snapped out of my reverie when the dog he was bathing barked and started moving. I rushed to help him; it was a big dog after all.

I calmed the dog down while he finished with the bath. Both of us were silent and just did what we had to. I left right after I gave him the towel.

The previous dinner we spent together was really quite amusing and surprisingly fun. I wasn’t bored at all and who would’ve thought that the blonde brat and I had so many things in common? We even talked too much that we didn’t even notice that it was already getting late. There’s definitely another fun side of Casey that you wouldn’t know unless you get to talk to him.

At 8pm, Eun Hee and Kim Shin flopped at the couch.

            “I don’t think I can still move an inch!” EunHee said slouching down.

            “Me too, my legs hurt.” Kim Shin massaged her legs. It really was a very busy day…although not as busy as Sundays.

I sat beside Kim Shin and I just stared at my two tired best friends.

            “Hey! It’s Friday, right? let’s go clubbing!” Eun Hee suddenly sat up straight and grabbed Kim Shin’s arm.

            “yah, I though you’re so tired you can’t move an inch, why go clubbing? I wasn’t really surprised Eun Hee loves clubbing. She likes to dance but doesn’t drink much.

            “aigoo! When it comes to clubbing I will be energized asap.” Kim Shin and I laughed and Kim Shin actually agreed to go with her. They didn’t bother to invite me coz they knew my answer will always be a “no”. Clubbing isn’t really my cup of tea; I’d rather stay at home.

I let them leave first coz they still have to change. I finished things up and by 9pm I was ready to leave. Casey came down wiping his hands with a towel with his things in tow.

            “leaving already? Where’s Eun Hee and Kim Shin?” Casey asked looking around.

            “they went clubbing. And yes, I’m also about to leave.”

            “let’s just go together then. I brought my car.” He offered. I accepted, hey free is free.

I left some instructions for the next shift and we left.

            “Hey since this is my last day let’s celebrate.” He wanted to celebrate but didn’t sound like he was too happy to celebrate.

            “sure. What’s on your mind?”

            “Dinner. My treat this time.” I raised my eyebrow.

            “ok…” I sounded dubious. I guess he thought too coz he looked at me when we stopped at the red light.

            “yeah, I’ll be cooking.” That scared me.

            “do you even know how to cook?”

            “of course! Besides Hankyung taught me a few years back.” He grinned. Should I be scared?

            “we can just eat at your apartment, coz the guys will sweep the food so fast that you wouldn’t even notice that there was any in the first place.” He chuckled.

I agreed I saw how they ate this morning and if it weren’t for Ryeowook portioning the food, the members wouldn’t have eaten equal shares.

Something came to my mind though. Why is this guy being nice?

When we arrived at the apartment, he took out the ingredients from the trunk. Seeing as he already bought it tells me that he planned this at the beginning. Now it got me thinking if those two bestfriends of mine were involved in this. But I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

When we got to my apartment we were greeted by hyung. Who happily greeted Casey as well. He went straight to the kitchen and started cooking while I changed into something cleaner.

After a few minutes, I went to the kitchen.

            “what’s for dinner, chef Casey?” I joked.

            “Beijing fried rice!” he said proudly. I looked at what he’s cooking and it looked like normal fried rice to me.

            “you do know that’s just normal fried rice, right?” I pointed out.

            “aish! Don’t ruin the mood. Get out of my kitchen, shoo!” I laughed and went out. I watched TV for a while with hyung beside me, flopping his head on my lap.

            “dinner’s ready!” Casey called after a few minutes. I went to the dining table and set it up. He placed the food he prepared and we both sat. His dinner consisted of the fried rice, scrambled eggs, kimchi stew and radish. Looks good enough.

            “you sure this is edible.” I teased.

            “yah!”

            “I’m kidding!” I laughed and he stared. “what?”

            “nothing.” He looked away. “let’s just eat.”

The food was actually good. I never would’ve expected him to know how to cook; he’s really full of surprises.

We talked about random stuff again after dinner. I laughed at his jokes and him in mine. I actually told him about that thing I did to Henry and he almost fell on his chair laughing.

            “yah, Teukie, can really use that kind of tactic, he’d easily wake up the members that way.”

            “maybe I’ll tell him someday.” I grinned. “it’s 2 am already?” I glanced at the clock. wow it’s been 5 hours already? He also looked surprised.

            “time seems to fly when I’m talking to you, SaeMi-ah.”

            “don’t exaggerate, Casey. You should leave now, the girls will be back soon.” I said standing up.

            “I’ll help you clean up first.” I was about to protest but he was already gathering bowls and dishes.

            “you really didn’t have to help me.” I said drying everything he washed.

            “no sweat, I made the mess after all.” he replied. “yah, after tonight we’ll not see each other often anymore.” He sounded…sad?

            “I guess so, I’m sure you’re relieved, no more bathing dogs and cats.” I joked trying to make the atmosphere a little light. He just smiled.

We finished washing and I walked him out.

            “good luck in your album and promotions.” I said somehow the situation felt bittersweet.

            “thanks, goodluck at the hotel too…” he said winking, I smiled back at him.

            “thanks. Send my greetings to the others as well.” I said as he stepped into the elevator. I was about to turn and leave when he called me back.

            “SaeMi-ah, can I drop by sometime when I have time?” he asked. Why would he ask me that?

            “uhmmm…sure?”

            “thanks!” he smiled as the elevator door closed. I smiled too as I walked back to my apartment.

I will surely miss you Casey Kim.

 

Heechul’s POV

 

I saw SaeMi smiling back at me as the elevator door closed. This felt somewhat bittersweet to me. I will be very busy now maybe I will miss my work at the hotel? Or my conversations with SaeMi?

As I stepped out of the elevator, I can’t help but look back at it and looking at the closing doors. I smiled…

I will surely miss you Lau SaeMi.

 

----------------------

here it is! hope you'll like it. i will probably update this on wednesday or thursday coz i will be updating my other story...i miss it..hihi enjoy!

PS. happy birthday to SHINee's maknae Lee Taemin