It's Snowing Popcorn [dedication p.2]

His Perfect Match

Zee’s POV

 

Can I scream now? Why does this have to happen to me? Did I ever do anything wrong in my past life or something?

I can’t believe he wants me to perform on stage with them, yeah I’ve performed on stage before but heck, never on a freakin’ concert! They were staring at me and I was staring at them. Talk about an awkward atmosphere, Soo Man seonsaengnim on the other hand was smiling like he won an award for the world’s sneakiest CEOs

When people said he was devious they really weren’t kidding. This man really gets his way if he wants things to go in that direction.

            “wait a sec, you mean I have to be there during their concerts?” I said finally managing to find my voice. The others were still dumbstruck.

            “yup! That’s the idea. The company will shoulder your accommodation and transportation of course and you will be treated like how the boys are treated.”

            “but, seonsaengnim—“I started to protest again but it was already obvious that my attempts were feeble.

            “now you talk the plans over with the other members and practice with them ok? I am also hoping that you could play for them in one of their solos. Well, then, have a nice day everyone.” He patted my shoulder and left, the room was filled with awkward silence.

            “uhhh…Zee? Can you please explain what just happened here?” I turned towards Henry’s direction; he looked so confused. He wasn’t the only one who’s confused here!

            “I am also as confused as you are, Henry. I’m still trying to digest what just occurred here and if I am having a nightmare or not.” I said pinching the bridge of my nose and dropped into the seat beside Ryeowook.

            “will you two talk in Korean please? We already can’t understand what just happened here, now we can’t even understand what the both of you are saying.” Said the clearly irritated voice of Casey.

            “Zee-ssi, can you please explain us what Lee Soo Man-ssi just said? And please start by explaining why you are here.” Leeteuk said in a very frustrated voice.

So right then and there I recounted everything from the phone call and the meeting. Henry and the others were shocked when I told them about the bit about being offered a contract. Some regretted my decision to turn it down but some accepted my decision.

            “so there, he asked me if I could perform for the company for special events it thought it was just going to be for parties and private functions but I never expected to be asked to perform with you on stage! If you are confused then hey I am as confused as you all are.” I said finishing my summarized explanation.

            “to be perfectly honest I have mixed emotions about this.” Leeteuk said. I looked at him and he looked to be thinking deeply about something.

            “well, if you don’t want me to perform with you on stage, please do tell your president and get me out of this mess. You are definitely doing me a favor, Leeteuk oppa.” I wanna hit myself now for sounding too pathetic.

            “tch! Goodluck with that, once Soo Man-ssi makes a decision there’s no way you can change his mind.” Casey said giving me a the-Kim-Heechul look. You know that look that says ‘you are screwed’.

I groaned in my seat. Why aren’t the other members saying anything?! I looked at them and saw them actually exchanging glances with Leeteuk.

            “there’s no way for this then.” Leeteuk exhaled then looked at me.

            “what do you mean?” I asked sitting up.

He looked at the others again then they all looked at me. Err…I stood up and backed away, their expressions were just too scary for me.

They all stood up as well, still looking straight at me.

            “what are doing?” should I panic now? Ok… in the count of three I should run.

 

One…

 

Two…

 

Three…!

 

 

            “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!!” they all screamed and ran towards me!

            “AHHHH!!!!!” I screamed at the top of my poor lungs as they all gave me a huge group hug!

I can almost feel my legs give way; it was shaking too much. Yah! You think getting a hug from 12 immature, way-bigger-than-you boys, you would definitely die of getting crushed to death, not unless suffocation wont be the cause of your death first.

            “yah! Yah! I can’t breathe!” I shouted and they let go finally!

I was a bit woozy after getting attacked and almost fell but a pair of hands grabbed me by the elbows and kept me on my feet.

            “thanks.” I said as I steadied myself. The others were still rowdy, well at least they’re enjoying it.

            “no problem. So how are you going to do this exactly?” I looked at my “helper” and realized it was Casey. “this would be, I assume, your first time on the big stage?” I honestly want to wipe that stupid smirk off his face.

            “you’re actually enjoying this, aren’t you?” I glared at him hands on my hips.

            “isn’t it obvious? The boss rarely gives surprises, looking forward to your performance, Sae Mi-ah.” He winked, he really sounded like an annoying jerk now. Argh!

            “Zee! I can’t believe it! I’m going to be performing on the same with you! Your talent will finally be known to the whole world!” Henry popped up in front of me and swung my arms making us look like kids that were out to play.

            “well, whoopty-freakin’-doo.” I said sarcastically rolling my eyes, I’ve really been doing a lot of eye rolling lately, hope this doesn’t become a habit.

            “I already have the perfect piece for our performance! This is gonna be epic!” he blabbed on and I shut his voice out.

            “c’mon, Zee, let’s celebrate!” I didn’t know who said that but this time I will count myself out. I am so not in a celebrating mood at the moment. The boys then started to get out.

            “no tha--!”

I didn’t get the chance to finish my sentence coz someone by the name of CHOI SIWON, yanked me and followed the others out and almost literally dragging me with him. Yes, almost coz another guy by the name of CASEY KIM was pushing me towards the door.

This huge horse’s grip is strong; I hope that my wrist won’t get bruised. Whoever said that he’s the perfect gentleman must be out of their minds.

            “c’mon, Zee, it would be fun!” says the big brute who was dragging me. My patience is almost at its breaking point.

            “says you, who’s dragging me now.” I replied bitterly as we arrived at the hallway.

            “don’t be such a kill joy and just have fun.” Casey said laughing behind me. Where is that good-for-nothing cousin of mine?!

I yanked my arm from Siwon’s grip and bolted. I must be crazy thinking I could escape 12 full-grown idiots.

            “stop her!” I heard Casey shot behind me.

The others turned just in time for me to bump into them, I managed to slither from the Ryeowook and Leeteuk but unfortunately I got stuck in front of the anchovy. Who could’ve known that even in his skinny state he was still strong, yeah he’s finally got muscles but he’s still skinny in my book.

            “hold it!” he exclaimed and grabbed me by the shoulder.

            “seriously myeolchi, if you don’t let me go right now, I’m gonna deep fry you for dinner!” I gave him my darkest glares. He gulped and obviously had second thoughts before finally letting me go.

I was about to bolt again when I felt my feet leave the ground.

            “ahhh!!!” this just isn’t my day! The horse just lifted me in a fireman’s lift!

            “where do you think you’re going?” I heard Casey, I looked up and saw that smirk of his again.

            “I will kill you, Casey!” I screamed as I felt the blood rushing to my head.

            “yeah yeah sure, but in the meantime, let’s celebrate!” Casey announced making everybody laugh…

 

 

Zee’s apartment

 

            “YOU WERE WHAT!?” finally managed to tell my best friends about the whole trip and about what I was about to do with Super Junior.

            “yes, their president wants me to perform a duet with Henry and make any possible performances with the others.” I said in a tired tone.

They actually pestered me to tell them everything when I finally managed to escape the boys and made it to the hotel. I knew they would be reacting this way so I told them to wait till we got home.

            “that’s so cool, Zee!” Eun Hee was actually shrieking now.

            “why is every so thrilled about this? Am I the only one who thinks this is so wrong?” I glared at my two spazzing best friends.

            “this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Zee, be happy you got the chance to do it.” Kim Shin said in an encouraging tone. Still not encouraged dearie!

            “besides, at least you’d get another chance to be with Heechul-ssi again.” Eun Hee added; I stared at her.

            “what does that guy have to do with this?”

            “oh nothing.” Both of them looked at each other grinning like they know something I didn’t.

I gave up. I stood up and went to the kitchen and cooked dinner. I wished tonight to be a peaceful one since I didn’t manage to have one since I left from the trip and the weather is getting to me.

I guess my wish of having a peaceful night came crashing down when Henry, along with dumb(Eunhyuk) and dumber(Donghae) came in and suggested that we practiced. Henry showed me the piece that he wanted for our duet. I guess we could put our own flavor to the piece as I played the notes in my mind.

This is going be a long night.

 

 

For more than I week I never had any proper rest. I’d be up and about at the hotel during daylight hours and off to practice with Henry at nights. The boys all agreed that my additional performance would be decided after the upcoming concert since it was all too sudden. Thank goodness for that.

I didn’t get to see the others much since they were all busy with their own practices. How I await the day that I can finally rest and hibernate.

The schedules were finally set and we would be leaving Seoul for Guangzhou early morning on Friday, December 24…what a way to spend Christmas eve right?

            “so cuz, are ready to leave tomorrow?” Henry asked during our last practice. We already have our performance perfected, what can I say? We’re just the best.

            “unfortunately, yes.” I said glancing at the gold and black mask the company had given me along with the y outfit. It was a black corset-type top wit a gold strap to tie at the neck, sort of like a halter, a pair of sleek leather pants with a gold accent by the waist and my favorite a 4-in heel boots.

If it’s any consolation I pretty much like the freebies.

            “don’t worry it’s a piece of cake, just enjoy the stage and if you don’t like what you hear tune it out.” I looked at Henry who gave me a smile.

I pretty much knew what he was talking about but I really don’t want to say anything about it. I’m sure that those antis are still there even if it’s gradually decreasing. To be honest, I don’t know what I’d do if they will boo Henry or Zhou Mi on stage again. I might do something that will make them regret.

            “enough chit chat. We still have an early flight tomorrow so let’s turn in early.” I said pushing Henry out of my room.

Henry and Zhou Mi is staying with us for the night so that we can all go together to the airport the next day. Mimi is already asleep so Henry had to sneak inside the room they were staying.

I stared at my luggage again when I got back to my room and sat on my bed with a sleeping hyung. He opened his eyes when he felt me sit down; I patted his head and sighed.

            “I really hope this was a good idea.”

 

Heechul’s POV

 

You have no idea how I wanted this day to arrive already. The last time I saw SaeMi was at her celebration party. It wasn’t really a party but you get the idea. We’ve been so busy practicing the additional perfomances, memorizing some new pieces that the only thing we do other than to practice and do our other schedules was to sleep. Henry also mentioned that SaeMi had been busy at the hotel preparing for the holiday rush and as much as possible have everything settled before she leaves with us.

Our flight is at 8 am so we have to leave the dorms by 4am, we don’t want to be late now, do we?

            “is every one here?” Leeteuk called out to everyone. We were all at the lobby now, a sleepy Sae Mi standing by Henry.

We all started to count off while the other staffs took all our stuff to the vans. We are in 3 vans as usual. I really hoped to be in the same van with SaeMi but no luck. She was at the second van with Henry, Ryeowook, Yesung, Donghae and Eunhyuk.

There was no talking going on in the van because all were trying to get as much sleep as we can. A lot of fans were already gathered at the airport when we arrived, although not as much when it is during normal hours but there’s still a lot.

I glanced back at SaeMi who was clearly looked lost. I deliberately slowed down for her to be able to catch up. When she was finally near me I grabbed her wrist and pulled her close.

            “what are you doing?!” she said in a loud whisper and tried to jerk her hand away but I held on. Our security was tight anyway so I doubt anyone can see me holding her.

            “yah, you want to get lost in this crowd? Just shut up and follow orders.” I said half dragging her behind me.

            “you really must be out of your mind if you think I will follow your orders.”

            “I can make a scene right here you know and feed you to the fans, so if you don’t want that to happen just do as you’re told.” I said with all the authority I could muster. We were closely following behind Kyuhyun now and he looked back at us, clearly hearing our conversation.

            “you two fighting again?” the maknae grinned.

            “just teaching a certain someone to behave or she’ll be fed to the ELFs.” I said smugly.

            “you wish. You really don’t scare me, Casey.” She stuck her tongue out. awww…cute!

            “you know if I don’t know any better I’d think you two are old married couple.” Kyuhyun snorted at his own joke and I felt my cheeks burn.

            “you’re one to talk when all you see is your laptop and your games.” I snapped back.

SaeMi gave another sharp yank and finally succeeded in freeing herself from my grasp and walked towards Henry who was talking animatedly to Sungmin.

            “you really are getting more and more obvious, hyung.” Kyuhyun sniggered.  We were still waiting in line while our manager checked us in and at that moment I glared at the maknae.

            “you better keep that smart mouth of yours shut or I’ll tell Leeteuk who broke his new organ(piano).” I pointed the finger at the laughing maknae who immediately gestured zipping his mouth.

Leeteuk went on a rampage a few days ago when we got back from our schedules because he found his organ wasn’t working anymore. He wanted to practice for his performance but then no matter what he does it won’t work. He was shouting at anyone who’d cross his path at dorm. It went on all night until we had Siwon who reluctantly tied him down on his bed while I tied a scarf to his mouth. Ahhh…peace and quiet.

I knew it was Kyuhyun coz I came home during lunchtime and found him in Leeteuk’s room looking for his confiscated PSP when he accidentally bump into the organ and it fell to the floor.

I tried talking to SaeMi when we got to the waiting area but she kept really close to Henry and joked around with Sungmin and Eunhyuk. I’m really getting sulkier by the moment. I made no progress on the plane either since she was seated besides Shindong. At least it was Shindong, I’ve got no worries there.

We arrived in Guangzhou at 11 am, well 10 am Guangzhou time. Sungmin lent SaeMi his hoodie as we were about to go out and everything happened so fast because of the immense crowd that gathered to meet us at the airport. I really hoped that our arrival would be hushed up but somehow it still got leaked.

            “wah, it's really raining hard here.” Eunhyuk commented as we got on the bus.

            “I hope none of our fans get sick.” Ryeowook worriedly said as he waved to the fans by the window.

            “boys, I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. Rehearsals are moved to tomorrow because of the rain. We’re now going to the hotel so you all can rest.

It wasn’t bad news at all! it was good news! Yahoo! Rest rest rest…it was the best thing I’ve heard all day and all of the members were practically celebrating inside the bus much to the dismay of our manager. Keke

            “some of the staff have already check you guys in at the Sheraton. We placed a reservation for you a few months back but since it’s the holidays we had a hard time booking you guys a room. So all of you will be sharing one room.”

            “BWO!?” all of us shouted as we halted our dance celebration. How can 12 guys plus a girl fit into one effing room??

            “don’t panic. All of you will be at the Presidential Suite.” That made my eyes buldge, well not just mine.

We’ve stayed in at suites before but never the presidential suite.

            “hyung, are you serious?” Leeteuk said still in shock.

            “yup! It has 6 rooms, dining and living room. I have also been told of a game room.”

            “wah! DAEBAK!” I shouted. Now this is more like it! Nothing but a day of relaxation in a presidential.

            “but! Most of you will be sharing a room. Some rooms have one big bed and others have twin beds. So those of you who don’t want to sleep beside any member choose the room with twin beds.”

All of us thought for a second and looked at Siwon.

            “why are you all looking at me?” Siwon asked bewildered.

It wasn’t a mystery to anyone why all of us would avoid sleeping on the same bed with the horse. The last time I made that mistake I ended up with a lot of bruises because he’d kick me to the floor. Some heavy sleepers like Sungmin and Donghae would wake up on the floor and would wonder how they ended up down there.

We finally arrived at the hotel and up to the 39th floor to our room.

            “WOW! This is really amazing.” I heard Sae Mi say to Henry behind me.

And as expected the members went running to the rooms.

Eunhyuk, Donghae and Ryeowook claimed the room with a huge bed and Shindong and Yesung shared the second room with also one bed.

            “Zee and I will be sharing the room with twin beds, the one at the end.” Henry said as he got their bags and into their room. Sae Mi did not come back out, only Henry who was looking for his bag of goodies.

            “JungSoo-ah, stop fussing about and let’s go get some rest.” I dragged Leeteuk to his room, which he was sharing with the maknae, Sungmin would be sharing his room with Zhou Mi. As usual, I was rooming with Siwon.

All of us snoozed the rest of the morning away.

When I woke up, I noticed that Siwon wasn’t on his bed. I went out and saw the members eating a late lunch.

            “hyung, you’re up. Have a seat and have some lunch.” Henry called out to me with my share of food.

As I ate, I noticed SaeMi wasn’t on the table with us.

            “your cousin still asleep?” I asked Henry.

            “nope, she wasn’t there when I woke up. She left a note saying she went out for a bit.” Henry calmly said taking a bite of his chicken.

            “in this weather?! What in the world is she thinking?” I said almost hitting Henry. The others weren’t listening to our conversation since they were all busy in their own talks.

            “she can take care of herself, hyung.”

            “how long has she been out?” I asked trying not to sound too worried.

            “I don’t know I woke up about an hour ago.” Jeez this kid always just concerned about his food.

            “and you’re not worried that she’s not back yet?” I almost shouted at him and he just shrugged saying something like ‘she never does anything that can worry me’.

I finished my food quickly and stood up. I may be acting on impulse but I don’t care.

            “chulie hyung, we’re gonna watch a movie later, care to join us?” I heard Siwon ask but I just waved a hand.

I took a jacket and cap from my room and went out; none of them noticed I left.

I asked for an umbrella at the lobby and went out to look for Sae Mi, I just hope I wouldn’t get lost.

After about 30 minutes of walking, I saw SaeMi at a pet shop. Aish! She went out in this heavy rain just to go to a stinking pet shop? This girl must be crazy!

            “SaeMi! What are you doing out in this weather?!” I shouted at her as I went in the shop, she turned to me in surprise.

            “oh! Casey-ah, what are you doing here?”

            “I asked you first. Come on lets go back!” I grabbed her wrist again and noticed that she was holding some shopping bags.

Aish! Women and their shopping habits.

            “neo michyeosseo?!” she shouted. My pants were already wet from the rain.

            “you’ll get sick going out like this. Aish! You’re really stupid.” I said dragging her. The winds were really getting strong now.

            “yah! Why do you care anyway!? Let me go or you’ll regret it!”

            “save you threats for someone who actually cares! Now let’s go!” I pulled her so hard this time that she let go of her umbrella and was immediately blown away by the wind.

            “now look what you’ve done!” she shouted. The rain was drenching her now. I immediately gave her my umbrella but when she was about to hold it the sudden gust of winds caught it and it folded upwards making it completely useless. Now the both of us were drenched.

            “this is all your fault, CASEY!” she screamed and stomped her way back to the hotel.

            “yah! If you just came obediently with me in the first place this wouldn’t have happened.” I shouted after her.

We bickered all the way back to the hotel.

 

Henry’s POV

 

After our late lunch, all of us gathered in the game room to watch a movie. We were watching "Tale of Two Sisters" with 5 bowls of popcorn that we’re sharing with each other. In the huge couch sat the old people…kekeke Leeteuk hyung, Yesung, hyung, Shindong hyung and Sungmin hyung. Eunhae were sitting at the 2 beanbags while us 3 maknaes with Zhou Mi and Siwon were on the floor. Too bad Chulie hyung wasn’t here and Zee. Now that I think about it I wonder where Zee was.

We started watching with all of us spread out a little bit but as we got to the middle all of us started to scoot nearer to each other.

We were already at the part where the flashback ends and that stepmother slowly went up to take a peek at Su-yeon’s room. There was no sound coming from us except Ryeowook’s whimprering. The music made it even more scary.

She reached the door..opened it and…

 

 

BANG!!!

 

 

Five bowls of popcorn went flying to the air as soon as we heard the door slam and it was snowing popcorn. None of us could scream.

 

We turned towards the wide open game room door and saw a sopping wet Zee followed by and equally drenched Heechul hyung.

            “you! Don’t even come near me ever again!!! You’re bad luck!” Zee said as she turned towards hyung and pointed a finger straight at his face.

            “yah! What in the world happened to you two?” Leeteuk hyung asked a bit worried.

            “ask Mr. Stupid over here!” Zee sounded really frustrated.

            “you should be thankful I came after you!” Hyung also shouted back. None of us could say anything.

            “if you didn’t come after me in the first place I wouldn’t be in this predicament.”

            “you got yourself in this mess because you were too stubborn to follow orders!” hyung fired back. All of us seemed like we were watching a table tennis match by now our heads turning back and forth to the both of them.

            “who are you anyway that I’d follow your orders?! What do you care!?”

            “I CARE COZ I LIKE YOU!”

I felt all our eyes buldge! SAY WHAT!?

            “SO WHAT?! I LIKE YOU TOO BUT I DON’T GO AROUND ACTING LIKE AN INSANE IDIOT!”

rewind! And pause! What??!?!?!?

            “BE MY GIRLFRIEND THEN!” hyung shouted. Do they even know what they’re saying now?

            “FINE!!!” my cousin shouted back. My head hurts.

            “FINE!”

            “GOOD!”

            “GOOD!!” hyung finally said and Zee walked straight to our room and then hyung went stright to the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

 

 

All of us were silent…

 

            “uhhh…what in the world just happened?” I asked the room at large. I looked at all of them and they all had the same expression of shock; their mouths hanging wide open and eyes still glued at the door.

            “did they just…” Donghae hyung started to say breaking the silence.

            “confess to each other?” Eunhyuk hyung fnished his sentence…another quiet moment.

            “I’m confused!” I said wrapping my head in my arms.

 

 

How can this be happening!? My cousin and my hyung!? together? No!!!!!huhuhu

--------------------------------

another long chapter for you guys..i hope you all like it..i think i exhausted my brain for this chapter..but still i hope its worth it..welcome and thanks to my new subscribers!hope you leave comments..hihi