Showcase

His Perfect Match

Leeteuk’s POV

 

            “Heechul-ah, will you please sit down? You’re making dizzy.” Jay complained as he yanked Heechul’s arm and made him sit down on the lobby couch.

            “That goes the same for you too, Henry.” Amber also yanked her friend.

For almost half an hour now, Heechul and Henry had been pacing back and forth in the lobby while the resort physician checked on Zee. She was, well, knocked out by Shindong, who was sliding down on a tube backwards. So, obviously, he didn’t see Zee standing in his way. Shindong was sitting in a corner with Taeyeon and Dana; he was pale.

            “how can you be so calm when someone got knocked out by that big  lug over there?” Heechul said furiously pointing at Shindong. He wasn’t exactly mad at him; he knew it was an accident.

            “she’s just knocked out; she didn’t fall off a cliff, Heechul-ah, she’ll be alright.” I said tapping his back.

            “if something happens to Zee my aunt and uncle, not to mention my cousins, will definitely kill me.” Henry moaned dropping his head to his knees and put his hands on back of his head.

Amber didn’t say anything but just put a hand on Henry’s shoulders. BoA and Kangta hyung were the ones with Zee. Henry would’ve been in the clinic if it weren’t for his panicked behavior a while ago.

            “I should’ve just pulled noona out of the way. It’s my fault, if I could’ve only reached her.” A teary-eyed Taemin sad, rubbing his hands.

            “don’t worry she’ll be ok and it’s’ not your fault, Taemin-ah.” Key said consoling their worried maknae.

All of us were gathered in the lobby now; the ones who weren’t in the scene were asking the others what exactly happened.

I wasn’t there as well. I just saw a pale Heechul carrying an unconscious Zee into the lobby followed by the one who were already out. With what Taemin said along with a stuttering Shindong, she was knocked out.

A few minutes later the physician came out. almost all of us stood up, the others straightened in their seats.

            “how is she, seonsaengnim?” I asked quickly standing up.

            “no need to worry, she’ll be fine. She just had a little bump on the head but it’ll be gone after putting some ice on it.  She’s still unconscious but I expect she’ll be waking up in a few minutes.“ the doctor gave us a smile and walked away.

All of us breathed a sigh of relief. Some were beginning to talk now and I saw Heechul sat down and let out a breath of air as if he’d been holding it in since the doctor came out. Henry and Shindong went into the clinic to see Zee.

            “yah, you good?” I asked sitting beside Heechul who was leaning his head back with his eyes closed.

            “yeah, I just can’t help but be guilty. I was there, just a few feet away. What if something even worse happened?” he said staring at the clinic door.

            “you really shouldn’t be blaming yourself. Think of it this way, at least you got her in fast.” I tried to cheer him up but he seemed to be unconsolable.

            “I’ll be in my room.” He said as he stood up and went up the stairs.

My gaze followed him until his back disappeared. Tsk! That guy still wouldn’t admit it but he’s definitely in love with Zee.

            “Siwon-ah, come here for a sec.” I called Siwon who was talking to Yunho and Changmin by the clinic.

            “ne, hyung?”

            “can you check up on Heechul when you go up? Just don’t talk to him much, he doesn’t seem to be in a mood.”

            “arasso hyung, don’t worry I know what to do.” He smiled as he went up the stairs.

I walked towards the duo that Siwon was talking to a while ago.

            “Changmin-ah, can you excuse us for a bit?” I asked Changmin, I wanted a word with with Yunho.

            “sure, no problem. See you later hyungs.”

When we made sure no one is at hearing distance Yunho and I started to talk.

            “so what do you think, hyung? He asked.

            “I’m still convinced. How about you?”

            “I am as well, he wouldn’t even talk to me, how much more evidence do we need?” he smiled slightly.

            “well, something unexpected might have happened but I think it helped prove our theory, don’t you think?” I was smiling too. I wasn’t happy that the accident happened but I know something good came out of it.

            “maybe, are we going to continue this?”

            “of course, besides this isn’t exactly something we planned on in the first place, it just so happens that everything fell into place.”

            “I hope. Or else I might die soon.”

 

BoA’s POV

 

What happened back at the slopes really shocked us all, but what was better was a Heechul oppa’s reflex. After Zee fell, he was there and when he realized she was unconscious he carried her inside. I didn’t even think he’s that strong, or maybe it was all adrenaline?

It was only Kangta oppa and I inside the clinic, Henry was supposed to be here instead of me but he wouldn’t stop worrying so he had to step out. I also had to turn off my phone since Heechul oppa wouldn’t stop texting and calling asking me how Zee was. Seriously, he’s just right outside the door, he could listen in to what the doctor might be saying or force himself inside like what he usually might do.

            “what a thing to happen on our first day here right?” Kangta oppa said beside me.

            “yeah, but it was really just an accident, oppa; I was there.”

            “I know, I just hope no more bad things would happen anymore.” Oppa sighed. The physician then turned towards us.

            “she’ll be all right, just a small bump, she’ll be up in no time. Just give her this medicine if she’ll have headaches. It usually happens in cases like this.” The doctor advised and we nodded and thanked him as he went out to tell the others.

            “I think someone will be very relieved and I’m not talking about Henry.” Kangta oppa said laughing a little.

            “oh I know he will, you should’ve seen how he dashed towards her, he was like the flash and how he picked her up and ran here.” I said laughing as well.

We were laughing quietly talking about how Heechul oppa still continues to deny his emotions when we heard Zee groan. We immediately ran towards her.

            “Zee-ssi, are you ok?” I asked in a hushed voice putting a hand on her forehead.

            “anyone got the plate number on that truck?” she mumbled in english, I laughed and so did Kangta oppa.

            “not a truck, but close enough. It was Shindong. He was sliding down the slope backwards so he didn’t see you, he’s really sorry, Zee-ssi.” Kangta oppa explain as she tried to sit up.

            “Shindong-oppa? I should consider myself lucky shouldn't I?” Zee said. Oppa and I were confused.

            “what do you mean?” I asked.

            “I really thought it was an avalanche and I had died.” She said holding her head. Oppa and I looked at each other and laughed.

            “Zee, you were knocked unconscious and you still thought about making a joke?” I said laughing. She was laughing too.

We heard the door open and a pale Henry entered followed by an also pale Shindong.

            “Zee! Thank goodness, are you ok?” Henry hugged his cousin. He was still a bit panicky.

            “of course you idiot, it takes a lot more than that to kill me.” Zee was laughing then she looked at Shindong. “oppa, don’t worry I know it wasn’t an accident so I don’t blame you. It’s also partially my fault, I shouldn’t have stayed on the slopes.”

            “I’m really sorry, Zee-ssi, cheongmal mianheyo.” Shindong apologized still pale.

            “aish! I said I don’t blame you ok? Don’t let this little accident ruin your weekend. Now, go out and have fun. That’s how I would like you to make up for knocking me out, arraso?” Zee said smiling at Shindong who was now smiling, a bit of color coming back to his face.

Shindong opened his mouth to say something but Zee put up a finger.

            “stop. Don’t apologize anymore or else I’ll have Leeteuk oppa call Nari and have her scold you.” We all laughed at that.

            “thanks, Zee. You’re the best!” He said stepping out.

Zee started to get off her bed.

            “where are you going?” Henry asked helping her up.

            “to the slopes where else?”

            “yah! Are you crazy? You just got knocked over and you want to go snowboarding?” Henry shouted.

            “I’m fine. Look no broken bones and all.” Zee said spreading her arms. She’s one tough girl I had to give her that.

            “Zee-ssi, the doctor said you need rest, you can snowboard tomorrow.” Kangta oppa said and his words made Zee’s smile fade away.

Zee was about to say something when we heard a knock on the door and Key’s head popped in.

            “Zee-noona? Are you ok now?” Key said walking towards Zee.

            “yes, I am. Thanks for asking, Key.”

            “then can I ask you to join us play outside? Taemin won’t stop worrying about you.”

            “sure, but they wont let me.” She said jerking a thumb at us.

            “hyung, can you let her play with us please???” Key begged his hyung with a pout. I was already biting my lip to keep myself from laughing.

            “alright, but she can’t go up the slope.” Kangta oppa really sounds like Key’s dad, well, our dad. I think he just finds himself responsible for all of us since he’s the oldest.

            “yey! Taemin wants to build a snowman bigger than the SNSD noona’s anyway. Gaja, noona!” Key said enthusiastically almost dragging Zee out of the clinic with Henry trailing behind.

            “Heechul stop calling yet?” Kangta oppa asked me as we walked out of the clinic and out onto the outdoors.

            “I wish, I had to turn my phone off.” I replied showing him my phone.

Oppa became quiet for a bit and looked around at the playing hoobaes. The SNSD girls along with the SHINee boy, Zee, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Henry, Amber, Sulli, JinMi and Aqua were having a snowball fight. Ryeowook and ZhouMi were making a snowman while Kyuhyun kept on destroying it. Dana and Sunday were lounging by the deck. Jino was skiing with Krystal, while Luna was teaching Victoria how to ski.

            “what are those to doing?” I asked pointing at the top of the slope.

The tall figure of Changmin and the round body of Shindong came into view and both seem to be dragging to people.

            “are those Leeteuk and Yesung?” Kangta oppa said squinting his eyes for a better look.

            “seems like it, but what--?” before I could finish my question it was already answered when Yunho and Shindong forced both guys onto a round tube and pushed them both down the slope.

            “LOOK OUT BELOW!” the dynamic duo shouted before falling to the ground laughing. The screams of Leeteuk and Yesung rang all throughout the resort.

            “when will these guys grow up?” oppa said sniggering a bit.

            “as I recall you also did that.” I grinned at him and he grinned back.

We walked towards a nearby table and sat down.

            “so what do you think of Heechul oppa and Zee?” I asked.

            “I know Heechul likes her, he just doesn’t want to admit it. Seeing the way he acted when Zee got knocked out everyone here should’ve already noticed.” Oppa said

            “Do you think we could do something to make him admit that he likes her?” it’s been a long time since he had a girlfriend and well, none of those relationships of his went past 3 months.

Oppa was quiet for a while thinking deeply…a few minutes later he snapped his fingers.

            “I think I may have an idea.” Oppa said a huge smile on his chiseled face.

            “what is it?” I asked eagerly, if there’s an evil plan then I’m in!

He started to explain his plan to me and I found myself smiling too. This plan could actually work.

 

Heechul’s POV

 

I really didn’t know why I acted the way I did, I just can’t explain it. When I saw Shindong coming straight for her I just want her out of the way. Argh!

I’m back in my room, sulking. Siwon is here too; he’s sitting on the couch reading some book. When he came in I was sure he’d bug me to death and as me questions but all he asked if I was ok and when I said I was, he just nodded and started to read his book.

30 minutes had passed now and he still didn’t say anything…weird.

            “Hyung, are you not going down? Donghae texted me and said they’re all playing.” he said closing his book.

To be honest I was getting bored, BoA turned her phone off, that no good dongsaeng of mine.

            “sure, let’s go.” I stood up as Siwon did the same.

            “hyung should cheer up and relax, we don’t usually get this much free time.” Siwon said putting an arm around my shoulder.

            “yah, I’ve just been tired lately, but I will make use of this time to relax.”

We started to tell each other jokes while going down the stairs and walking towards the door.

            “that idiot shouldn’t have---“ I was cut off when a snowball hit my face when we stepped out of the door.

When I opened my eyes I saw an almost laughing Siwon with his eyebrows up and mouth hanging open. And then I heard a dozen laughing voices. I looked around and saw the slightly horrified face of SaeMi.

            “Casey, I’m so sorry. I aimed it at Onew-ssi but he ducked. So sorry.” She started to say, she looked almost bursting into laughter.

            “yah! You’ll pay for that.” I hurriedly walked towards them grabbed a handful of snow and formed it into a ball and threw it at Zee who avoided it and it hit Kyuhyun on the back of the head.

            “Hyung!” he shouted also grabbing a handful of snow.

            “mian, maknae-ah!” I said laughing as I ducked and his snowball hit Siwon’s shoulder.

            “SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!” Siwon shouted and everyone there started to throw snowballs everywhere.

It was every man/woman for themselves. All of us were throwing snowballs at random people. Even at Zhou Mi and Ryeowook who ran for cover didn’t escape being targeted.

The combined forces of Eunhyuk, Donghae, Yesung and Shindong ganged upon Leeteuk. He was already on the ground screaming. I saw Jungmo and I jumped on his back and rubbed a snowball on his head and he yelled falling to the ground.

I can’t even remember the last time I had this much fun.

I saw SaeMi having a 2 on 2-snowball fight, she and Taemin vs Henry and Amber. I realized I haven’t really got my revenge with that hit of hers. I crouched as I sneaked behind her to avoid the flying snowballs. I took a fistful of snow and when I got near her, I yanked her coat and put the snow in it.

She screamed in surprise, and shook the snow, which was hard to do.

            “yah, Casey!” she said still wriggling around trying to get the snow out, she looked so funny I clutched my stomach and laughed so hard.

I didn’t realize she got it out and she came towards me and started hitting me.

            “you are so gonna pay for that!”

            “yah! It’s funny and it’s my payback from that snowball you hit me with.” I said laugh holding her wrists.

            “that was an accident!” KYAAaaa!”

in all of the riot of the snowball fight someone, we didn’t know who, bumped us real hard and the both of us ended falling…again…only this time I was on top of her.

Sad thing is when it come to things like this one my reflex is slower. We stared at each other for a good 5 seconds; I felt like all the shouting was suddenly muted. It was also so embarrassing that I could almost feel that I’m sweating. Argh!

She was also staring at me like she was panicking about what to do.

            “so..sorry, SaeMi ah, someone pushed me.” I stuttered my apology. Yes, it was that embarrassing. I helped her get up and both of us couldn’t even look at each other’s eyes.

            “it’s ok, it was an accident.” She said and walked over to Taemin, Jino and Key who was now ganging up on Onew and Minho.

I kept looking at her and wondered why I felt so embarrassed and why my heart had beaten this fast.

            “hold your fire everyone!” I turned towards the voice and saw that it was Kangta hyung at the second floor balcony. “I have an announcement to make.

All of us were listening to him now.

            “since this is the first time in a long while that we’ve gathered like this I want us to do something for tonight after dinner.” He paused and smiled.

            “what is it, hyung?” Eunhyuk asked squinting a bit coz of the sun.

            “we will be having a showcase. All of us will have to perform something for everyone and all of you can do whatever you like. You may do it on your own, in pairs or in groups; you can even perform multiple times, just as long as ALL of us performs...no exeptions.” A grin spread across his face as he emphasized “all”. I wonder what he is really up to.

            “wait a sec, oppa, by all you mean even the guests?” Yuki, Yuri’s sister asked.

            “yes, everyone must perform. If you need to prepare you can do it now. But if you wish to do an impromptu performance then its good as well, see you all later.” he parted waving at us.

I glanced at SaeMi and saw her looking at Henry, wide open.

 

----------------------

this is still unedited. this wasnt supposed to be my ending but i was too caught up with Mr. Simple's release that i didnt realize that it was getting late and i need to sleep early because i have an early flight. anyway this will be the last update for this week, hope to update by next thursday...

please do leave some comments, or if you have some suggestions feel free to tell me...:D this is still unedited so i apologize for any typos or bad grammars, i wrote this this afternoon and i was so busy with other stuff that i might've missed something..:D thanks! hope everyone enjoyed Mr.Simple as much as i did,,,:D