Just Got Pawed

His Perfect Match

Heechul’s POV

 

And the last thing I saw was a pair of big brown eyes…

Before something huge lunged at me!

“Ahhh! Ottoke!!!” I screamed with my eyes shut. I fell on the floor and it wasnow on top of me! That…that THING is trying to eat me!!! “HELP!!!”

“HYUNG!” I heard SaeMi.  I felt that thing move away from me. Am I dead? Is that why I can’t feel anymore?

“omo! Did that bad man hurt you?” as soon as I heard her say that I immediately opened my eyes and saw Sae Mi beside me hugging a huge dog! It was the stuffed toy I saw on the floor a while ago only it was alive! Argh!

“yah! That thing almost ate me and you didn’t even ask if I’m ok!” I protested. She was still hugging her stupid dog! For crying out loud that dog is bigger than me! And to be perfectly honest I’m way more huggable.

“Hyung wouldn’t hurt a fly, you just scared him that’s why he lunged at you. And besides you look like a bad guy, he’s just too protective of me.” Sae Mi stood up still her stupid dog’s head.

“why do you even keep a stupid dog like that anyway?” her face suddenly became incredulous.

“hyung is not stupid! He’s the smartest german shepherd that ever lived! I could ask him to attack you and he would do it without hesitation.” She said in a matter-of-fact voice.

“him? Heebum is smarter than your hyung. Wait why do you call him hyung anyway?” I said pointing at her dog.

I suddenly felt her dog my finger. Ugh! slobber!

Sae Mi raised an eyebrow.

            “yuck! Talk about slobber.” I immediately went looking for some tissues and found some in the kitchen table. I wiped my hands and saw her staring at me.

            “what are you staring at? Finally fell for my charm?”

            “keep on dreaming. I’m just wondering why hyung did that.” She said her voice full of curiosity.

            “did what?” I turned to her hands on my waist.

            “ you hand. Hyung never does that to anybody especially guys.”

            “how would I know why he did that, am I a dog?” seriously its her dog, she should know more about him than me. This is one of the reasons why I prefer cats.

            “hmmm…maybe he just wants to eat your cats. Haha” she laughed. I was caught a bit off guard, this was the first time I heard her laugh out loud.

            “yah! I’m not letting any of my cats near that dog of yours.”

            “c’mon I’m just kidding. Besides I think he likes you, which is a mystery to me.” She said. Seriously why would a dog like a cat person? Except for that fact that he wants to chase cats.

            “doesn’t he like your boyfriend?” I asked as she grabbed her bag.

            “nope. He hates him. He’d chase him around the house if he ever drops by.” That had me laughing!

            “what are you laughing about?” she asked sounding amused herself.

            “I can only imagine that guy running around with your dog chasing him. Hahaha.” Hyung trotted to my side and wagged his tail. He suddenly looks ok to me now I patted his head.

            “well, the sight is indeed pretty funny.” She said amused.

            “at least your dog has a pretty good taste.” I replied scratching hyung’s ear.

            “anyway, let’s go, we have a long day ahead of us so I hope you’re prepared.” She suddenly became the stiff Sae Mi again.

            “you’re talking about THE Kim Heechul here, I can do anything. I’m that awesome after all.” I spread my arms for her to get the full view of my awesome self.

She just stared at me up and down. I did what she told me yesterday, I am being inconspicuous so she shouldn’t complain. I wore a casual shirt, scarf, a cap (I snached it in Donghae’s room) faded blue jeans (which I don’t usually wear) and sneakers.

            “you look pretty decent enough, although the cap is a bit weird on you. Use this instead. She threw a black ski cap to me, I caught it easily of course.

            “where did you get this?” seeing as she’s not the type to wear one.

            “that’s mine so you better return that to me.”

            “you wear a ski cap?” I asked a bit surprised.

            “yeah, why?”

            “nothing.” I took off the cap and put the ski cap on, I checked myself on the mirror and it does look better. Hmmm…I think I should have my hair dyed again…

            “yah! Casey, stop ogling at that mirror and let’s go.” She called, now by the door.

Aish! I am so not comfortable with my English name.

            “at least the mirror and your dog adores me.” I said walking out the door.

            “you are so full of yourself, Casey Kim.”

 

 

Just Got Pawed (Zee's pet hotel)

 

Sae Mi’s POV

 

Walking from the apartment to the hotel was excruciating! Not because of the distance but because of a certain guy who keeps on doing random stuff that makes people notice him. Like for instance when we passed by a store with SNSD’s poster in it, he suddenly started doing their Gee dance that made people stare at him and making me drag him away from the place. I was silent all the way to the hotel, how could I even speak? He keeps on doing some imitations that I don’t even get. He knows I’ve just been in Korea for a few weeks so he shouldn’t expect me to know whom he’s imitating. A fact I pointed out when he finally got tired of my silent treatment.

Our pet hotel Just Got Pawed is not really that big, the max we can accommodate is 20 dogs and 10 cats. Of course dogs and cats have separate floors. Our hotel has 3 floors, dogs will be on the 3rd while the cats on the 2nd.

            “wah…daebak…this place looks nice.” Casey said in an amazed voice. He should, my family worked hard to establish this and this hotel in Seoul is their greatest investment yet.

            “thanks.  Now you, mister, will be in charge of giving our visitors a bath.” I said as I checked the guest list.

            “BWO?!” I winced as he almost screamed at my ear.

            “yah! Don’t shout! Aish!”

            “why would you want me to do that?”

            “it’s either that or you carry those kibble sacks. Take your pick.” I pointed at the delivery truck outside, it was full of kibble.

His expression turned a bit disgruntled.

            “fine I’ll do it. What are you going to do anyway?” he asked in a tone that makes me think that he thinks I would just be relaxing.

            “I will be checking all our deliveries then I’ll be feeding the guests. What? Do you think I will just be lounging here?”

He just shrugged. Since he doesn’t seem to have any more questions (a first), I toured him around the place. We saw Kim Shin by the front desk and Eun Hee fixing the scratching posts on the 2nd floor.

“ok, so all floors are equipped with air conditioned rooms and heaters for the cold seasons, baths and dog/cat beds, food will be served according to the instructions of the owners and treats will be given every 2 hours. Dogs and cats have different shampoos so please be mindful and groomers are on standby after you give them a bath, got it?“ I turned around and Casey was nowhere to be found. I swear I’m gonna strangle a blonde brat soon.

I found him a steps away playing with some cats. I stared for a sec, he looked like a kid sitting there on the floor with a fluffy white Persian cat. I couldn’t help but smile a little.

            “looks cute, doesn’t he?” I jumped at the voice. I turned and saw Eun Hee looking at me then to Casey.

            “what are you talking about?”

            “Heechul-sshi playing with the cat, he looks cute right?” she replied with a knowing look on her face.

            “tss…I don’t know what you are talking about.”

            “whatever Zee…” she grinned and walked towards Casey, she poked him and pointed towards me. He grinned at me with my arms crossed and tapping feet.

            “just so we’re clear, I got what you said a while ago. So where do I start? Those guests of yours better not bite or scratch me. I have an image to keep.”

I just rolled my eyes and walked towards the bathroom for the cats. I just told him what to do and left him to it. He had better get this right.

So everything went on the usual stuff, I checked the delivery, fed the guests, changed some of the litter boxes, while Kim Shin handled the registrations and reservations.

It felt good that I didn’t get to see much of Casey, no brat to deal with. Well, only once when he accidentally the cold bath and the cat went screeching out of the bath that all of us had to run after it. Aside from that, all in a days work.

            “Zee, call Heechul-sshi, it’s time for lunch.” Kim Shin said as she laid out the plates and food.

            “Cas—“ I stopped as I reached the third floor landing. I covered my mouth to prevent me from bursting out loud.

From the bathroom entrance stood a sopping wet Kim Heechul. Head slightly bowed and arms hanging still holding a scrubber, he was dripping with water.

            “wha..wha…what ha…happened to you?” I managed to say trying so hard not to laugh.

            “that dog did this to me!” pointing at an old English sheepdog behind him. I didn’t need much explanation to understand what he meant. I couldn’t hold it in anymore and I burst into fits of laughter.

            “hahahaha yo…you look hilarious! And to think a dog got the best of you. hahaha” I said in between laughs. I took out my cellphone and took a picture of him to show the rest of the boys when I get the chance. He didn’t notice though. Hahaha

            “yah! Stop laughing! I’m getting cold!” he said angrily.

            “a..arasso..arasso. c’mon I’ll give you a shirt.” I said leading him to the staff changing room and gave him a plain black shirt; it’s a staff uniform. I also handed him a towel and got out of the room. “join us downstairs for lunch after you’ve changed” I added before closing the door.” I heard him mumbling something I couldn’t understand. I started giggling again.

This is going to be a pretty interesting month.

 

SJ Dorm

 

Heechul’s POV

 

I flopped down at the couch… my whole body hurts! I almost didn’t make it to my photo shoot and radio show because my whole body ached so much. I haven’t felt this exhausted since our last album release.

I heard the dorm door open and closed but I didn’t bother to look who arrived, I was just too tired to move an inch.

            “Heechul-ah, what’s wrong with you? You ok?” it was Leeteuk, I guess his radio recording ended early too. I heard Eunhyuk and Donghae talking in the kitchen too.

            “I’m tired, Teukie-ah, I’m in pain. My whole body hurts.” I replied my voice a bit muffled.

            “What did you do anyway, hyung?” Eunhyuk sat at the floor in front of me, with a soda in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, he handed me the tea.

            “don’t ask.”

            “ahhh…its about the bet, isn’t it?” Donghae chided knowingly.

            “Don’t say anything.” I raised a hand at Donghae, still facing down on the couch.

Leeteuk suddenly sat at the couch by my legs.

            “yah! What is Donghae talking about? What bet?” aish! There’s a reason why I didn’t tell the others. I knew they wouldn’t stop pestering me about it.

            “aish! Ask him, I’m too tired to even move let alone talk.”

I heard Donghae tell them about the bet SaeMi and I had to the amusement of Leeteuk and Eunhyuk.

            “so you were at Zee-ssi’s pet hotel this morning?”

I just moaned my answer. Then they all went into fits of laughter. Once again I heard the dorm door open and closed. Shindong, Siwon and Sungmin had arrived.

            “what are you all laughing about?” Shindong asked.

            “and what’s wrong with Heechul-hyung?” the horse asked and sat at the lazy boy beside the couch.

            “it’s because…” Eunhyuk started to explain everything to the newcomers and like the other before them they all went into fits of laughter.

 

 

This is going to be a long night.

 

 

I’m going to make SaeMi pay for this no matter what!

 

 

----------------------------------------

this chapter is dedicated to my ever loyal dog, Lance. he died in August 2008 due to a type of blood disease. he was such a loyal, playful and lovable dog but guards me from anything form other dogs to suspicious people. i miss him...='(  http://yfrog.com/kjf03mj <-- this is him...

i will try to update once every 2 days to speed this story since i still have tons to work on after...but don't worry everything is already planned out for this one.=D