Bestie Bonding (filler chapter you may skip this one)

His Perfect Match

Next Day

 

SJ Dorm, 11th floor, 8pm

 

Zee’s POV

 

            “Zee, I’m bored as hell!” Kyuhyun shouted beside me.

he’d been whining all day about not being able to go outside and about why Leeteuk had to confiscate his laptop.

            “I’m not exactly thrilled to be baby sitting you either.” I rolled my eyes at him.

I picked up Sen who’s been meowing on the floor.

            “can’t you get your laptop so I could play on it or something?” he pouted.

            “no, it’s you punishment from me.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

            “hey how come everything is my fault? I didn’t do anything!” he said innocently.

            “oh really? You pretended to be sick so Angela would talk to you, Kyu. What happened last night I wish I could erase from my memory.”I said grimacing.

After our movie date last night we got a text from Shindong oppa telling us to come home immediately coz something happened. Heechul and I thought it was something serious and drove home fast only to find Kyuhyun being ridiculously ridiculous.

            “but I’m not really sick so why do I have to stay in?” he complained.

            “well, Angela thinks you’re sick, so we’ll keep it that way. And if you didn’t want your laptop to be confiscated you shouldn’t have used Leeteuk oppa’s bed as your ‘sick bed’.” I said making air quotes.

Now that Kyuhyun is here only ZhouMi, Ryeowook and Donghae oppa are in his apartment right now.

            “you’re enjoying this aren’t you?” he glared at me crossed arm.

            “Kyuhyun, I’m your bestfriend and I love you so it’s my job to troll and you and get away with it.” I stuck my tongue out at him. I carried Sen to the kitchen to give him some milk. Kyuhyun followed behind me.

            “you know I still can’t believe why I let you get away with this.” He said leaning on the kitchen doorway glaring at me.

            “because you’re my bestfriend and you love me?” I gave him a wide little girl smile and blinked innocently, in short my trolling aegyo.

Kyuhyun shivered in disgust.

            “shut up and save your aegyo for Heechul hyung.”

            “just so you know I don’t use aegyo on him. It’s so…so…”

            “disgusting?” he said finishing my sentence.

            “exactly!” I exclaimed pointing at him. I set down Sen’s bowl and he started drinking his milk.

            “you’re disgusting me now so don’t use it on me too.” He said giving a face.

            “hey, it’s your job to let me get away with things.”

            “isn’t that supposed to be the boyfriend’s job?” he asked getting himself a glass of water.

            “nope. That’s yours.” I saw him roll his eyes and sighed in defeat.

            “fine. Hey I heard about that call hyung got last night from his mom.” He said out of the blue.

            “how’d you know about that?”

            “tsh! Heard hyung ranting about it last night.” He grinned. I leaned on the kitchen counter and crossed my arms. “so when are you meeting the future in laws?”

I honestly didn’t think much about it. For one thing I was too shocked to think about it. After Heechul said his family wanted to meet me, he made me calm down mentally for a second. I might not have freaked out right then and there but in my head I already was. So he asked me to not think about it much, but that didn’t help much actually. I wasn’t paying attention to the first 20 minutes of the movie because my mind was literally elsewhere. But after I snapped out of it I blocked it from my mind…until Kyuhyun brought it up.

            “oh shut up, Kyu.” I snapped glaring at him.

            “just like you said I’m your best friend so I also have the right to troll on you and get away with it.” he grinned evilly. It was my turn to sigh in defeat now.

            “fine. The answer is I don’t know. We didn’t talk about it after he told me that his family wanted to meet me.”

            “if I know hyung he’s probably thinking a way to get out of the situation.”

            “I think so too.” It’s not that I didn’t want to meet his parents or anyone from his family but you know it’s kind of a big deal to actually meet your boyfriend’s family.

            “but what will you do if you will get to meet them? I mean they’ve been wanting to meet hyung’s girlfriends in the past but every time they ask him about meeting them he and his girlfriend had already broken up.” Ugh! I wish Kyuhyun would stop this talk.

            “I’ll cross the bridge when I get there, Kyu.” I said ending the current topic.

I walked out of the kitchen and sat down in front of the TV, Strong Heart will be airing in a few minutes and I wouldn’t miss it. I’m too curious as to what exactly Heechul had said during his interview.

Kyuhyun flopped down beside me and sighed deeply.

            “stop sighing and wait until tomorrow. You’ll get to see Angela then and I hope this serves as a lesson to you not to pretend to be sick again.” I said not looking at him.

            “I’m just wondering why she didn’t want to talk to me in the first place.”

            “maybe the thought of getting involved with celebrities scares her. She must still be traumatized after what happened to her back in the Philippines.” Oops! I am not supposed to tell him that!

Yes, Angela did tell me about why she had to run away. Everything from her grandfather constantly belittling and pressuring her, her father’s surprise engagement to his new girlfriend and her scandals with some of Philippines’ celebrities.

I snapped my head towards Kyuhyun who might’ve been surprised as to what I just said. Turns out I was the one who got a shock from his reaction.

            “maybe, but I’m not like them.” He sighed and leaned his head back. My brows furrowed with suspicion.

            “hey, how’d you know about that?”

Kyuhyun got surprised with what he had just said and then gave a slightly guilty smile.

            “well…Shindong hyung and I did a bit of research about her before…” I glared at him even more…he leaned slightly back… ”but we didn’t expect to find much…” I wasn’t having it and crossed my arms. “it was hyung’s idea! He said we might find her on facebook but she wasn’t on it!”

            “Kyuhyun!” I shouted.

            “ok ok! So I went along with it so sue me. like I said we didn’t find a facebook account but we did find some articles of her with the celebrity she had a scandal with.” He finished in panic. But I grinned.

            “so…research eh? And when exactly did this ‘research’ happen?” I teased.

            “does it really matter?” he asked.

            “no, but I am curious.”

            “fine, it happened when I was at Shindong hyung’s internet café before I got chased by fans.”

            “I already knew you liked her then so I’m not really surprised.” I shrugged and faced the tv. The grin still plastered on my face.

Strong Heart’s intro was just played and the show is finally starting

“yah!” he protested.

“and what’s with you and those chasing fans anyway?” I asked watching Kang Ho Dong-ssi and Lee Seunggi-ssi doing their opening spiels.

“you know, the usual. they probably can't resist me.” he said proudly. I just made a disgusted face at him.

“jeez! you should definitely stop hanging around Heechul…he's rubbing off on you..”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” He grinned smugly.

“don’t, it’s not. You don’t have the swag to pull it off.” I said sticking out my tongue at him.

“yah!”

“shush! The show’s starting.” I waved a hand at him to shut him up and I heard him grumble some things, which I ignored.

We sat silently for a good 40 minutes just watching the show. Kyuhyun even dozed off for a second.

Then it was Heechul’s turn. I honestly got butterflies in my stomach as soon as he started saying why he had to reveal it to the public. Then Heechul started to tease me like an idiot and of course I shushed him again.

We both laughed like hyenas when Eunyuk and Shindong oppa imitated us when we were screaming at each other in Beijing.

            “did we really scream at each other like that?” I asked Kyuhyun blushing from embarrassment. It was definitely funny and embarrassing at the same time.

            “hell yes. You two even have no idea how awkward it was for us to just stare at you guys while you were shouting your confessions at each other.” He laughed.

            “I didn’t even know half of what I was saying that time.” I said defensively.

            “pft! That’s obvious.” He said mocking me. I threw a pillow at him.

A few minutes after the show ended, the both of us searched for news on my phone and sure enough articles kept popping up and even some pictures that fans suspected was I. most of it are from airport photos but they’re mostly wrong but there are a couple who got it right. These were the ones when Heechul yanked me away from the crazy fans the first time I flew with them to Beijing and there’s also that time when I went with him after he got hit by a fan board in Shanghai. They even encircled our couple bracelets that I wore.

            “ahhh…so this was where you two had your date yesterday.” Kyuhyun said pointing at a picture of Heechul and me trying on the weird glasses. The fans that were there took the photos.

            “what’s it to you? Planning on dragging Angela there for a date?” I said.

            “maybe, when I go crazy and do something like what you two did.” He grinned. I hit his head lightly.

            “hey I meant that as a rhetorical question!” I protested jokingly.

I actually am nervous about this coz of the attention but I need to be strong for Heechul.

            “will you still wait up for hyung?” Kyuhyun asked stretching.

            “nope.” I glanced at the clock and realized it’s already past 10 pm. “hey I need to go. Good night Kyuhyun and please try and not to give us any more problems?” I said and he threw a pillow at me.

            “I’ll walk you down.” He offered and stood up.

            “tsh! You won’t see Angela so don’t hope.” I said picking up my bag.

            “I just wanted to walk my bestfriend to her apartment, what’s wrong with that?” he said in feign innocence.

            “it’s wrong when you’re trying to use our friendship to get to the love of your life.” I laughed as Kyuhyun opened the door towards the stairwell.

It’s only one flight down so no use using the elevator.

            “hey what’s that?” Kyuhyun said pointing at something outside my door. It looked like a small sized box, like what a shoebox looks like.

            “I don’t know, it wasn’t there when I left. Probably the girls ordered something online?” we walked quickly towards it and Kyuhyun picked it up.

            “there’s no name or anything. And it’s pretty light. You’d think this box is empty.” He assessed.

            “let’s just open it.”

Kyuhyun lifted off the lid. All we saw was what looked like black thin paper things, but it doesn’t look like paper too.

            “are these…black flower petals?” he asked. I picked one up and sure enough it was a petal.

            “seems like petals from a black rose. I wonder who left that here.”

           
            “probably a wrong delivery, let’s just leave it out.” he suggested and I just nodded. Before I could say goodnight my phone vibrated.

            “hyung?” Kyuhyun asked. I shook my head.

            “It’s an unknown number.” I said before pressing the button to answer. “yeoboseyo?”

            “annyeonghaseyo, this is a representative from SBS, is this Ms. Zee Lau?” the male voice on the other end said.

            “Yes, this is she. How may I help you?” I answered back politely. Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows at my sudden change of tone.

            “we’re very sorry to have called you on such short notice but we would like to schedule a meeting with you tomorrow if that is ok?”

what the effing hell is going on!?  Is this about my relationship with Heechul? How’d they find out? or is this for something else? The hotel maybe?! Argh! Keep calm Zee!

            “uhmmm…sure?” I replied nervously that I said it in a doubtful way.

            “that is great! you come meet us at the main station at around 2 pm tomorrow. There will be someone to wait and assist you when you arrive. Thank you Ms.Lau.” the line then went dead. I stared at my phone with my mouth hanging slightly open.

            “what was that all about?” Kyuhyun asked curiously. I looked up at him.

            “trust me. I also want to know myself.”

 

-----------------------

this is such a short update i meant this to be long but since i'm leaving tomorrow i have to post this. this will be a filler chap and dont worry i will post a full length chapter next..:D

ps. unedited and photo is not mine..full credits to the owner..

pss. thanks and replies to comments will be on the next chapter..thank you every one!