Resolving

The Sworn

HyunJoong helped DongHae into the other side of the car just as the first of the police cars arrived. Soon, they were swarmed on all sides and police were everywhere. HyungJoon was taken into custody, HyunJoong and JungMin telling the police what they knew, what they had seen. It was a sort of relief to see HyungJoon handcuffed and place inside the squad car. It meant it was over. He looked around at those being questioned by police, everyone giving statements. It was likely they would be giving more information later as best they could. 

He frowned slightly and glanced around, nudging JungMin's arm when he was close enough. "Where did KyuHyun and SungMin go?" he asked quietly.

"Hm?" JungMin looked around, frowning when he realized the two were indeed missing. "I don't know. " He was distracted when a police officer asked him a question.

"Where are we going?" SungMin asked, following along beside KyuHyun with some confusion as they left the sound of the sirens behind.

"Home," KyuHyun said, glancing over his shoulder to make sure they weren't being followed. "I didn't want anyone getting the bright idea to have you arrested too. Not that I don't think you shouldn't face justice for what you've done, but... I don't want you going to jail."

SungMin's lips quirked slightly, and he looked away. "I thought justice and jail were pretty-much the same thing." He put his gun away, pulling the scarf away from his mouth.

"Maybe to some," KyuHyun said, shaking his head. "I can... we can come up with something better."

"Like what?" SungMin frowned. "I agreed to stop being an assassin."

"I don't know yet," KyuHyun huffed. "We'll think of something. Like... you having to take the oath and be a hero. Not that I think any of the others would agree to it, but you could make it to me. With a few... additions."

"Additions?" SungMin stopped, looking at the younger man. "KyuHyun…I'm not a hero. I'm a person trained to kill others, not save them."

"That kind of makes you the perfect person to be a hero then," KyuHyun said, stopping with him. "You know how a killer thinks, you can be one step ahead. We need you... I need you, to do this."

Meeting KyuHyun's eyes at that last sentence, SungMin's gaze lowered. "…I need time to think about it. Today was…stressful."

"Yeah... it was," KyuHyun nodded, wrapping his arm around SungMin's shoulder and pulling him into a hug. "Let's go home, and relax, try and put all of this out of our heads for a little while at least. I'm glad you're okay."

Blinking at the hug, SungMin returned it after a moment, burying his nose in KyuHyun's shoulder with a soft sigh. "I'm glad you are too," he murmured. "I hate that for making me point a gun at you…even if I wasn't aiming for you exactly."

"I'm glad you didn't shoot me then," KyuHyun snorted. "But... I would have given up my life for anyone in that room... well except for HyunJoong."

"Even me?" SungMin pulled back enough to look into the younger man's eyes.

"Especially you," KyuHyun replied, smiling a little. "Come on, I want to get off the street. We can be all sappy at home in bed."

SungMin chuckled at that, smiling properly. "You sappy is something I'd have to see to believe." His hand found KyuHyun's as he started to walk.

"Hey, I can be sappy," KyuHyun wrinkled his nose. "I didn't spend all that time around KyuJong not to be a little... I think you bring it out in me though, even if sometimes I still want to strangle you."

"So I bring out a wide range of reactions," SungMin shook his head. "I'll try to avoid making you want to strangle me, for huge things anyways. You're kinda hot when you get riled up."

"You like weird things," KyuHyun nudged him a little. "I'll keep that in mind the next time you pick a fight. You're probably just ."

"Says you, you're insatiable," SungMin smirked, nudging him back. "Are you sure you don't just keep me around for the ?"

"It's part of it," KyuHyun shrugged. "You can't tell me you don't like it, if you do I'll call you a liar."

"Why would I say something like that?" SungMin wrapped his arm loosely around KyuHyun's waist. "Have I ever been shy about saying when I like something?"

"No, but I wouldn't put it past you to be contrary just to get a reaction out of me," KyuHyun grumbled. "You make my head spin sometimes."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." SungMin got KyuHyun to turn enough to press a kiss to the younger man's lips. "I like to think of myself as the spice in your life."

"A spice that could kill me with his little finger," KyuHyun muttered, lingering a little with the kiss. "Race you home? I'll give you a ten minute head start."

"…That's not fair, home's more than ten minutes away," SungMin grumbled against KyuHyun's lips. "Twelve, and whoever wins gets to top."

"Eleven, and the loser has to give the winner a first," KyuHyun perked a brow at him.

SungMin grinned. "Deal." He pulled KyuHyun into a deeper kiss, fingers threading into the younger man's hair before pulling back. "Eleven minutes, no cheating," he pointed a finger at KyuHyun before turning and taking off around the corner.

"I don't cheat!" KyuHyun called after him, hooking his thumbs in his belt loops and strolling down the sidewalk. Of course, five minutes later he would be touching one of the street lamps and zipping on home, but he'd wait out front for SungMin. It wasn't technically cheating, he didn't go straight to the apartment.

***********************************

It took nearly an hour to get back to JungMin's house, a police car following them to take JongWoon into custody. The healer didn't protest or even struggle, holding out his hands cooperatively as they were handcuffed.

"Is HyungJoon okay?" he did ask JungMin as he was being led to the waiting car. JungMin nodded, and JongWoon smiled widely before getting into the police car. The car disappeared down the dark street, JungMin watching it go before turning to head back inside.

HeeChul was gone driving KyuJong and KiBum back to their apartment, the others already milling around inside. HyunJoong and DongHae were also gone, DongHae unconscious again. Yixing was doing his best to disturb Zhou Mi's and RyeoWook's cuddling time, whining at his gege to carry him downstairs after his legs refused to carry him any farther. Han Geng hung around the living room, waiting for HeeChul to come back. ChangMin sat with GyuRi and Sunny, running one hand along Sunny's arm.

One person was missing. Scanning the living room, JungMin turned towards the stairs and headed up to the second floor.

YoungSaeng was at the window that still hadn't been fixed. He'd pried the wood off and set it to the side so he could look. "Do you want to know what happens to them, or would you rather wait and find out?" he asked, looking over his shoulder at JungMin.

"I don't know…do I?" JungMin stopped behind YoungSaeng, wrapping his arms loosely around the older man's shoulders and looking outside into the darkness. "They're both going to jail…I think that's all I need to know for now."

"Can you imagine the kind of loyalty and devotion someone like JongWoon has for HyungJoon?" YoungSaeng said softly, leaning back against JungMin. "In a way, it reminds me of you and KyuJong. KyuJong would do anything for you, has already done so much. There was a line, a long time ago where you would have been happy together."

JungMin's lips quirked slightly. "Maybe…but we're not right for each other, not that way. I think we mean more to each other as best friends than anything else. And he's found his tall, dark and handsome, so he's happy." He rested his head lightly against YoungSaeng's. "What did you and JongWoon talk about, here alone?"

"HyungJoon," YoungSaeng said, eyes lowering a little. "He was someone who had been in my life for as long as I can remember, but I didn't know anything about him. I knew he existed, but I didn't know his name. Not until he took me, tried to get me to reveal all that I knew. Even then he was an absolute mystery. I wanted to know about him, from the eyes of someone who cared enough to do the worst for him."

JungMin's eyes tightened slightly, and he turned YoungSaeng around in his arms. "Did you find out what you wanted to?" he asked quietly.

Looking up, YoungSaeng nodded with a small smile. "I did. I learned that no matter how evil a person can be, how many evil deeds they can do... there will always be at least one person who cares for them. I think HyungJoon is as much a mystery to JongWoon as he is to me. HyungJoon is so far from the person he once was, and JongWoon just couldn't see it. Maybe in time HyungJoon will be who he once was, but then he'll have to live with the guilt of what he's done."

"We can't do anything about that," JungMin said quietly. "No matter how much we might want to, we can't undo what's already been done. Even if he wasn't in his right mind, HyungJoon made his choices. JongWoon too. Guilt is better than not feeling anything at all." He sighed softly, leaning forward to press a kiss to YoungSaeng's forehead.

"I didn't say we should do anything about it," YoungSaeng said. "I fully believe he needs to live with that guilt for the rest of his life, the both of them. Let it crush them, and maybe they can feel a tenth of what they've put others through. It's the least of what they deserve."

Nodding, JungMin looked down at YoungSaeng. "It's gonna take a while you know, to get the city back to normal," he said quietly. "There's criminals running around loose out there…got a lot to clean up. We're not completely safe yet."

"I'm safe with you," YoungSaeng said, leaning into JungMin and nuzzling his nose into the man's neck. "And I have the utmost confidence that you and the others will get this city back to normal."

"Are you saying that cause you trust us, or cause you've peeked ahead and already know what's gonna happen?" JungMin's lips quirked, arms wrapping securely around the other man.

"Both," YoungSaeng smiled, pressing a light kiss to the skin under JungMin's jaw. "I didn't look at our future, promise. Just the city in general."

"Okay, good," JungMin hummed softly at the kiss, closing his eyes. "You gonna help me out of this costume?"

YoungSaeng chuckled, pressing another couple of kisses to JungMin's neck. "Of course... you're not going to need to get dressed right away I hope? I may get distracted."

"They can fend for themselves down there," JungMin murmured, running his hand slowly along YoungSaeng's back. "I'm not leaving this room for the rest of the night."

"That mean you're holding me hostage then?" YoungSaeng asked, pulling back slightly so he undo the clasps holding the cape up. He brushed it off of JungMin's shoulders, running his hands over the exposed skin of his arms. "Not that I'm complaining."

"Good," JungMin chuckled as the cape pooled on the ground behind him. His long bandana tickled his arm as he leaned in to kiss YoungSaeng softly. "I think you might be a little overdressed yourself." His hands trailed down to slip under the edge of YoungSaeng's shirt.

"One thing at a time," YoungSaeng countered, untying the bandana and tossing it away. "You asked me to undress you, don't distract me." He was working pushing up on JungMin's shirt, pressing his palms into JungMin's chest as he slid the material up to his shoulders.

JungMin bit his lower lip, watching YoungSaeng. "I didn't mean I couldn't help you at the same time," he shifted to remove his shirt once YoungSaeng had pushed it up enough. "And how am I supposed to wait when you're doing that?" He backed YoungSaeng up against the wall, hands against his hips.

"It's called self-control," YoungSaeng grinned, his hands sliding down JungMin's torso to his belt. "Just need to get these pants off, think you can wait that long?" he mused, flicking the buckle open and slowly undoing it.

"I don't know," JungMin chuckled, ducking his head to press kisses to YoungSaeng's neck. "You say you've known me my whole life, has self-control ever been one of my strong points?"

"No," YoungSaeng hummed, eyes fluttering at the kisses. "But... mmm.. doesn't mean you can't... learn." He'd gotten the belt undone, ing JungMin's pants and sliding down the zipper. He pushed the pants off of JungMin's hips before wrapping his arms around JungMin's neck to kiss him firmly.

Returning the kiss, JungMin pressed YoungSaeng back against the wall. Kicking off his pants, he switched his attention to removing YoungSaeng's shirt again, fingers teasing. "But where would the fun in that be?" he murmured against YoungSaeng's lips.

"Anticipation is half the fun," YoungSaeng replied, letting JungMin pull his shirt off. "Or so HeeChul says... I wouldn't really know."

JungMin chuckled. "HeeChul has no room for talking." Dropping YoungSaeng's shirt on the ground, he touched one hand to YoungSaeng's chin. "I might not have the best self-control in the world…but if you're uncomfortable, all you have to do is tell me."

Leaning a little into the hand, YoungSaeng smiled. "I know, and I trust you... I've always trusted you. I've been waiting for you, and this, my whole life."

The younger man wrinkled his nose, smiling in return. "Your visions are off, right? No peeking ahead." He pressed a kiss to YoungSaeng's lips again, his other hand going to undo YoungSaeng's pants.

"Haven't peeked," YoungSaeng chuckled. When his pants were finally loose, he wiggled out of them and leaned back against the wall, hands on JungMin's hips to pull him close again.

JungMin's hands circled around YoungSaeng's waist, fingers playing with the edge of the older man's boxers. "Want to move to the bed?" he murmured, ducking to press kisses to YoungSaeng's collarbone. "The wall isn't very comfortable."

Nodding, YoungSaeng waited until he could get the feeling back in his legs after those kisses before letting JungMin guide them over to the bed. Sitting down, he scooted backward and reclined, propped up on his elbows. "Like this?" he asked, tilting his head slightly. "Or on my hands and knees."

"Hm?" JungMin blinked, scooting onto the bed. "However you're more comfortable?" He leaned over the other man, kissing him again.

"But..." YoungSaeng was cut off by the kiss, losing himself in it for a moment before pulling back. "I just... I want to know what you like, what you want to do. HeeChul told me about all these positions, but guys on top... they like... certain things."

"…" JungMin pulled back slightly, blinking down at him. "HeeChul's been…Okay, he's getting kicked out tomorrow morning." He played with a lock of YoungSaeng's hair, tucking it behind the other man's ear. "Don't listen to HeeChul, he's a troublemaker. This is your first, right? I wanna make sure you're comfortable, more than anything."

"Then... show me," YoungSaeng said, laying back into the pillow. "I trust you."

Grinning, JungMin shifted to hover over YoungSaeng, looking down at him. "That means more than you know." He pressed soft kisses to YoungSaeng's jaw, hands easing the older man's boxers off his hips.

This wasn't completely foreign to YoungSaeng, they'd been in various states of undress with each other before, but he couldn't help feeling a little apprehensive when JungMin had rid him of his boxers. He looked up into his eyes, smiling nervously as he put his arms around JungMin's neck to pull him into another searing kiss.

Returning the deep kiss, JungMin focused on that for a minute, running his hands slowly along YoungSaeng's sides to help him relax. The kiss got more heated, JungMin nipping on YoungSaeng's lower lip as he rid himself of his own boxers. "You're okay," he murmured, arranging one leg around his waist and pulling back enough to hook the other over his shoulder.

"I'm okay," YoungSaeng repeated, one hand against JungMin's shoulder, the other curled tightly into the sheets. He had a hard time keeping his eyes open after that, grimacing slightly as his heartbeat went up and his back arched. The things JungMin was doing to him, coaxing out throaty moans before he could even help himself.

It felt good, once he got over his nerves and relaxed at JungMin's words of comfort. Good enough that YoungSaeng was panting, pleading for more. It felt even better when JungMin had sat back and YoungSaeng was pulled up into his lap for a tender kiss, his arms going around JungMin's neck. That intimacy and closeness did him in completely, and he shuddered from the force of it as his head dropped onto JungMin's shoulder. His mind was gone, completely incapable of an intelligent thought. Especially since he was pressed back down into the mattress until JungMin collapsed down on top of him.

Panting quietly, JungMin needed a moment to rest before he could roll off from on top of YoungSaeng. He didn't go very far, pulling YoungSaeng into the circle of his arms and holding him close. "Still okay?" he murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of YoungSaeng's head as he relaxed.

"Better than okay," YoungSaeng nodded, curling up against him, resting a hand against JungMin's chest. "That... as many times as I had seen it in the future, I never really thought it would be that amazing..."

"Guess visions can't beat the real thing," JungMin chuckled, burying his nose against YoungSaeng's hair. "I don't know about you, but I'm probably not moving for the rest of the night."

"That's okay, it's pretty late anyway," YoungSaeng said, closing his eyes and letting his heart settle. "In the morning you can kick everyone out of your house. Something to look forward to."

"Oh I'm definitely looking forward to that," the other man grinned, closing his eyes as well. "Except for, well…I'll have to talk with ChangMin and Sunny, see if they know what they're doing. If they don't have anywhere to go, I'm not gonna kick them out. HeeChul can go back to screwing Geng in his own apartment."

"I think he'll be just as happy to be gone as you'll be happy to have him gone," YoungSaeng chuckled. He lifted his head just enough to press a light kiss to JungMin's lips before settling in again. "Good night Min."

JungMin smiled softly at the kiss. "Night, Saeng," he whispered, relaxing. The nightmare of the past month was finally over. While it was true the city was far from back to the way it should be, he finally felt confident they could set everything straight again. As long as YoungSaeng was here with him, he felt like they could do anything.

**************************

It was a long night for HyunJoong after he had taken DongHae home. He let DongHae rest, while he was up pacing. A part of him knew that DongHae would be fine, that his power had saved him in the end. That didn't mean HyunJoong wouldn't worry though, especially with how close to death he had seemed. He worried there would be lasting consequences. 

What if HyungJoon had done something to his power, what if he wasn't invincible anymore? The thoughts plagued him even as the sun rose over the horizon, and they wouldn't let him rest until DongHae woke again.

The sound of birds had filtered in from outside before DongHae stirred, brow furrowing slightly. As he slept, the colour had gradually returned to his skin, lips losing the blue tinge they had carried after the first hour of uninterrupted rest. Fingers twitching and curling into the bedsheets, he groaned quietly and opened his eyes. DongHae slowly sat up, rubbing one eye blearily as he looked around the room.

Having made himself some coffee, HyunJoong was just returning to the room when he saw DongHae was awake. He smiled a little in relief, moving around to the chair he had set up next to the bed and sat down. "Hey, glad to see you're awake," he said, setting the coffee down on the table. "How do you feel?"

Looking up at HyunJoong, DongHae smiled tiredly. "Like a tiger chewed me up and spat me back out." He inhaled deeply, looking around the room. "This…it was real then? Last night? Was it last night?"

"Yeah... it was real," HyunJoong said. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry I couldn't protect you from him. I'm sorry that any of this happened."

"You saved me." DongHae looked back at HyunJoong, expression confused. "You don't have to apologize for anything."

HyunJoong shook his head, looking down at his hands. "Yeah... that's what heroes do right? You need anything? Something to drink, eat?"

"Not right now." DongHae patted the bed beside him. "I missed you…and of course that's what heroes do. Beyond that, it's what good people do."

"I missed you too... more than I thought possible," HyunJoong said, looking up at him again. "I love you DongHae."

That simple sentence lit up DongHae's tired face, like a child at Christmas. "I love you too," he smiled widely, reaching out for HyunJoong and nearly tipping over.

"Careful," HyunJoong laughed, catching DongHae before he tumbled off the bed. Scooting off of the chair and next to DongHae, he wrapped his arms around the other man. "It took me losing you to really understand just how much I needed you. I hate all this sappy romantic crap but... I needed to say it."

DongHae just rested against the other man, eyes closing. "It means a lot to me. I'm not gonna expect you to be all romantic and sappy regularly…but it really makes me happy to hear it. I wasn't sure if I was gonna get out of there alive."

"For a minute there, I didn't think any of us were," HyunJoong said, closing his eyes. "Maybe when you're rested more we can talk about what happened, on both our ends. Right now, I'm just glad you're okay and not a vegetable."

The other man grinned sillily. "If it weren't for the fact getting killed hurts like hell, I'd show you what kind of damage I can really take. What kind of vegetable would I be? Maybe a tomato. No, wait, that's a fruit isn't it."

"...Does it matter?" HyunJoong opened his eyes to look over at him. "If a tomato's a fruit, then you're a fruitcake."

"Fruitcakes taste bad though," DongHae blinked. "And I don't think tomatoes go in fruitcakes."

HyunJoong sighed, shifting down so they could lay properly on the bed. "Let's just.. get some rest."

Grinning, DongHae wrapped his arms around the other man's waist and settled against him, head against HyunJoong's chest. "Thank you for coming to get me," he murmured, closing his eyes. "He said you wouldn't, but I knew you would."

"Of course I would," HyunJoong said, rubbing a hand lightly up and down DongHae's back. "You've got all your art crap all over, I got tired of looking at it without you here."

DongHae pouted. "Hey, I'm working hard on that art crap. Maybe…maybe able to finish it soon," he yawned.

"Yeah yeah," HyunJoong chuckled. "Maybe when you've rested and had something to eat. Now shush."

The other man made a low humming noise in his throat, beginning to drift. "Say it again?"

"What? Shush?" HyunJoong replied, his voice low as he was starting to slip into sleep. "You talking defeats the purpose of that."

"No," DongHae pouted a little. "What you said before."

The corners of HyunJoong's lips curled and he pulled DongHae a little more on top of him so he could secure his arms around his waist. "What... you mean... that I love you? That what you wanted to hear?"

DongHae nodded slightly, smiling to himself. "Yeah. I love you too, Hyun." He was gone a few seconds later, breath evening out.

"I know," HyunJoong murmured, kissing the top of DongHae's head lightly before getting himself comfortable enough to sleep. Even if he had DongHae draped over him, he wouldn't give this up for anything. Not all the money in the world could make him want or need DongHae any less than he did. He just wished it hadn't taken so much for him to realize it. Maybe now he could show DongHae how he really felt, and show him the kindness the man really deserved.

If there was one thing HyunJoong had learned through all of this, it was that he never had to go through anything alone. He could be a hero, be the good person DongHae believed he was. And all it had taken, was one person believing in him enough to want to be. If he could do it, so could anyone.