Too early for this

The Sworn

KyuHyun scowled at his phone that had seemed to be ringing nonstop since he woke up. Which had only been a minute or so, but considering who it was on the caller ID, he didn't want to answer it. He hadn't answered any of the calls from this particular person in days but they were being damn persistent. Grumbling a little to himself, he accepted the call and put the phone to his ear. "What do you want?"

"Hi!" DongHae's cheerful voice came through the phone loud and clear, not at all half-asleep considering the time."How are you? You don't come into work anymore so I can't really ask you that in the office, haven't heard from you in a while actually."

"..." KyuHyun very well considered just hanging up and turning his phone off right then, but for some reason he answered. "I'm fine, peachy in fact. I don't work for that anymore so don't expect me there anytime soon, and it's way too early for you to be this loud."

"Not that early, I've been up painting," DongHae chuckled. "Well uh...I didn't think you'd answer, but you did and now I don't know what to say. Just wanted to check and make sure you're okay, I mean, we're friends and I was a little worried."

"We aren't friends," KyuHyun said automatically, sitting up and rubbing at his eyes. It was then he noticed that SungMin wasn't next to him. Frowning, he slid out of bed and padded out to the living room, talking as he went. "I'm fine, I think I already said that. Why do you care, really? Did KyuJong ask you to call?"

"No," DongHae sounded confused. "No one asked me to call. I care cause we're friends and teammates, and friends and teammates look out for each other and care about each other. I'd be very upset if something happened to you."

"Yeah, and if we're all teammates then how come no one trusts me?" KyuHyun rolled his eyes. He didn't see SungMin out in the rest of the apartment either and he was very confused. "You know you're the only one who's bothered to call me right? Some team."

"I trust you," DongHae replied. "I'm sure everyone else does too, they must be worried about you if you haven't talked. Did you call them?"

"Why should I? They're the ones who need to get their heads screwed on straight," KyuHyun said. "If they cared, they would have listened to me and trusted me."

DongHae's frown was audible in his voice. "I don't think that's a very helpful way of looking at it. What if they're thinking the same thing as you? You're all friends...you should work things out. Don't give up so easily."

"If you're going to just call me up and berate me for things that don't involve you, don't bother calling," KyuHyun snapped. It was way too early to get this irritated. "Unless you have something nice to say, I'm hanging up now."

"I trust you," DongHae chimed. "I trust you, and I'm listening to you, and I care about you, so don't ever think you're alone, okay?"

That caught KyuHyun a little by surprise, and he frowned down at the floor. "...Thanks. That doesn't mean I you know, want to be friends or anything. Cause we're not... but I appreciate at least someone who trusts me."

"I think more people trust you than you know," DongHae chuckled softly. "You just have to trust them back. Oh, and have a good day! I can't wait for the day you call me your friend."

"Yeah, yeah, don't call me this early ever again," KyuHyun said, hanging up the phone and looking around. "Where the hell is SungMin," he grumbled under his breath and retreated to the bedroom to get dressed.

KyuHyun was just about finished dressing when the front door unlocked, SungMin slipping into the apartment. He sighed and closed the door behind him, rubbing his eyes and dropping a black bag next to the couch.

"SungMin?" KyuHyun was just pulling his shirt on when he heard the door open. "Hey, where were you?" he asked, leaning against the doorframe to the bedroom.

"Hm?" SungMin looked up, smiling when he saw KyuHyun. "Didn't think you'd be awake, the sun practically just came up. I was meeting some people, remember?"

"I got woken up by an obnoxious morning person," KyuHyun said, crossing his arms. "Yeah, and you said you'd be home late. I didn't think that meant the next morning."

"Getting answers took longer than I thought," SungMin shrugged, stretching out his arms. "Since you're up and dressed, I guess I'm making breakfast."

"What were you doing?" KyuHyun asked, watching him. "You were really vague about who it was you were going to see."

"Just an associate of mine, I figured since you're a superhero and all I shouldn't be very precise," SungMin chuckled, heading into the small kitchenette. "He's rather indispensable, didn't want to get him into trouble. I got some information on my replacements, or at least a couple of them."

"Okay..." KyuHyun made a face at that, following him. "And what are you going to do with that information?"

"Pick one and go after him, what else would I do?" SungMin replied, turning around to face KyuHyun. "You want that information on my former client, don't you? To protect your friends?"

"Yes, but I want to know what it is you're going to do," KyuHyun said. "We're in this together remember? Whatever you know, I want to know."

"Then I'll tell you, hold your horses," SungMin rolled his eyes, turning back to the cupboards. "You got some coffee in here or something? Or else I'll fall asleep on you halfway through explanations."

"Yeah, up here," KyuHyun sighed, opening up one of the top cabinets and pulling down the bag of coffee. "I really don't like you going out all night like that without telling me what's going on."

"Sorry, I didn't think it would take that long." SungMin leaned back against the counter, arms folded across his chest. "I had to cross-check some of what my associate said, make sure he wasn't being an and messing with me. And look at it this way: at least one of us got some sleep."

"...That's not really the point," KyuHyun said. "You should sleep, we can talk about this once you've rested. I'm just anxious."

"I think it's cute," SungMin grinned, holding his arms out. "If I go to sleep will you?"

"I just woke up," KyuHyun said, the corner of his lip quirking slightly. "You just want someone to use as a body pillow."

The older man chuckled. "Read my mind. Forget the coffee, I'll just give you the basics of the night and go crash. Hopefully with a human pillow."

"It can wait until you're more awake," KyuHyun said, taking SungMin's hand. "You sure you're going to be going to sleep right away?"

"You were just after me for information, I can at least summarize." SungMin's smile widened as he tugged KyuHyun closer, threading their fingers together. "Why, you have something else in mind?"

KyuHyun wrinkled his nose at him. "No, what gives you that idea?"

"You asked me if I'm going to sleep right away, sounds like you have something else planned to me." SungMin poked KyuHyun's nose lightly.

"Was just asking," KyuHyun muttered, nudging SungMin back to the bedroom. "Cause I don't want you tossing and turning if you won't be able to fall asleep."

"I am a little worked up still," SungMin chuckled, letting KyuHyun guide him. "Is that concern I hear?"

"Concern for my ability to sleep," KyuHyun said, using his freehand to push up on SungMin's shirt. "You need some help with getting ready for bed?"

"I won't say no," SungMin smiled, helping KyuHyun get his shirt off before leaning in and brushing his lips against the younger man's.

KyuHyun made only a half effort to return the kiss, focusing on ing SungMin's pants and pushing them off his hips. His hands did linger slightly at the skin on his hip before pushing him back to the bed. "Are you worked up because you think you're going to get , or because you were out doing things?"

"If I say because I was out doing things, does that mean you're going to stop?" SungMin blinked innocently up at KyuHyun from where he'd dropped down onto the bed. He honestly didn't care if they had or not right then, he was enjoying just being with KyuHyun.

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything," KyuHyun smirked, pulling off the shirt he'd just put on. "But, if you want a human body pillow, you're going to have to convince me to go back to sleep."

"And how would I do that," SungMin grinned, scooting back on the bed so KyuHyun could join him. "I better share that information before I start convincing you, or will that make you not want to go back to sleep?"

"Depends on what that information is," KyuHyun said, pressing one knee into the mattress and leaning over. "But that's not what I had in mind." Smirking, he crawled forward on the bed, swatting away SungMin's hands as he straddled the man's waist. "I'm awake, so you need to tire me out so I can sleep and put up with your hot and sweaty body clinging to me like a koala."

Squawking as he was knocked onto his back by the movement, SungMin blinked up at KyuHyun before chuckling. "Then you better take care of these first," He brushed his fingers against KyuHyun's jeans, trailing along his thigh.

KyuHyun rolled his eyes at that as he stood up on the bed, slowly ing his jeans. "Let me ask you something SungMin. In all the time you were with HyunJoong, he never let you be dominant did he? He liked being in complete control."

SungMin raised an eyebrow at the question. He usually avoided talking about his time with HyunJoong because KyuHyun always looked either sulky or murderous when he did. "That's his personality, so yes. Not that I didn't give him a run for his money sometimes. Why?"

"Did you like that? Someone being in control?" KyuHyun asked, finally getting his pants off as he knelt back down. "It's something I've always wondered, and question why you're with me now. I'm not like him at all."

"I don't want you to be like him," SungMin wrinkled his nose, tracing random shapes against KyuHyun's hip. "I hate it when someone else is in complete control."

"That so?" KyuHyun frowned slightly at that. "Why were you with him for so long if that's not what you wanted? I'm sure there were other rich men looking for arm candy out there."

"Maybe, but HyunJoong was what was familiar to me. Other people have always been in complete control of my life. I hated it, but it was my norm." SungMin grinned up at KyuHyun. "And then you had to come along and mess all that up. Thank you."

KyuHyun actually smiled at that, chuckling softly as he leaned down, letting his arms rest to either side of SungMin's head. "Well you are very welcome then," he said softly. "I was really looking for a way to get under HyunJoong's skin, I think I found it."

"I hope I'm useful for something other than just annoying the hell out of your former boss," SungMin murmured, smiling as he brushed his fingers against KyuHyun's jaw.

"I wouldn't say useful," KyuHyun shook his head a little. "Annoying HyunJoong is a bonus to an already...interesting deal."

SungMin chuckled. "I like that description a lot better," he whispered, drawing KyuHyun down the rest of the way to kiss him.

KyuHyun finally relented, returning the kiss eagerly. There were a lot of different ways he could describe SungMin, mostly because there were so many sides to him that he hadn't even seen yet. As much as he would have hated himself a couple of months ago for thinking it, he really did want to know SungMin better. Although, that did scare him just a little, probably because SungMin scared him a lot.

They didn't get to sleep until almost an hour afterwards, too caught up in 'tiring KyuHyun out'. By the time SungMin started to stir again, the clock beside the bed read 3pm. Blinking at it blearily, he groaned and buried his face back against KyuHyun's bony shoulder. Even if they should really be thinking of getting up soon, he didn't want to, too comfortable where he was.

"Stop squirming," KyuHyun grumbled unhappily, wiggling a little to get back into a comfortable position.

"Not squirming," SungMin mumbled back, arms tightening around the other man. "How long have you been awake?"

"Since you just about kneed me in the ," KyuHyun replied, finally opening his eyes and looking at the clock. "Well there goes having any kind of normal sleep pattern."

"Who wants a normal sleep pattern," SungMin yawned. "Aren't superheroes supposed to be noctural anyways?" He pulled his face away from KyuHyun's shoulder.

"Yes.. that's not the point," KyuHyun said, rolling onto his back and looking at SungMin. "I guess we're awake now."

"Guess so," SungMin smiled at him, not inclined to move yet. "So tiring you out worked?"

"Well that was kind of the point," KyuHyun rolled his eyes, stretching his arms. "So you going to tell me now what it is you found out?"

"I guess I should," SungMin sat up. "Order some food, then talk?" He slipped out of bed to find a pair of boxers to wear.

"Sounds good, order me something good," KyuHyun said, rolling back up in the blankets into a ball.

Rolling his eyes in amusement, SungMin pulled on his boxers and grabbed his phone. He placed an order with a local restaurant for jjajjangmyeon for them both, reciting KyuHyun's address without problems. Once he'd hung up, he dropped onto the bed next to KyuHyun and rolled the man over so he could see his face. "You're not stilltired, are you?"

"Yes, you did such a thorough job I'll be tired no matter how much sleep I get," KyuHyun snorted at him. "I'm not tired, just lazy."

"That you are," SungMin smirked, scooting back to sit against the headboard. "Well, want to hear what I found out or no?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't," KyuHyun said, rubbing at his eyes.

SungMin played absently with the edge of the blankets. "The Voice is getting a little clumsy, my associate knew of three people working for him. He said he might know of more by the end of the week, but I think this is enough to get us moving. Especially since I happen to know one of the assassins hired for the job."

"Oh... okay," KyuHyun blinked at him. "So... what does that mean then?"

"It means that we have a lead," SungMin chuckled, looking up at KyuHyun. "Not that he's going to tell us anything willingly, he kinda hates me."

KyuHyun made a face at that. "If I listed everyone who hates you SungMin, I'd use all of the paper in the city. So what are we going to do?"

"You're mean, you know that?" SungMin nudged KyuHyun with his foot. "We're going to go get information on the Voice of course, whether he wants to give it or not."

"What is that supposed to mean?" KyuHyun sat up at that, giving SungMin a hard look. "What are you going to do?"

SungMin blinked at KyuHyun, not understanding the look he was getting. "Whatever needs to be done to get that information."

"And that's going to involve illegal things right? Hurting people?" KyuHyun said, frowning at him. "I'm not going to let you do that."

The older man's brow furrowed slightly. "...Why? Don't you want to protect your friends, or whatever?"

"Of course I do, but that should never include hurting people," KyuHyun said. "I made an oath to protect people, and that includes criminals. We can find out what we need without resorting to that."

"How? Say please and thank you?" SungMin sighed in frustration, messing up his hair with one hand. "You're infuriating sometimes, you know that? There's only one way to deal with some people, and it isn't the nice way."

"Look, I know doing the right thing isn't always easy," KyuHyun said, shoulders slumping a little. "But we have to do this right, or then we're no better than any criminal."

"Speak for yourself, I'm already going to hell," SungMin smirked. "You know 'doing it right' could mean more people getting killed in the meantime. And yet you still want to protect someone who would gut you as soon as look at you?"

"I never said you can't defend yourself or the people you care about," KyuHyun rolled his eyes. "But killing someone in cold blood, or hurting them to get what you need is not the answer."

"Suit yourself then," SungMin shook his head, looking towards the closed curtains and clearly unhappy. "I know where he's going to be tonight. Figure out what you want to do by then."

KyuHyun sighed, reaching over to take SungMin's hand. "Then we'll go out together and face him. Whatever happens, happens."

"Easier said than done." SungMin looked down at the hand holding his. "Just watch yourself out there. Not everyone has your unshakable moral standard...and I don't want to see someone put a bullet in your skull."

"I'm not some green super hero," KyuHyun rolled his eyes. "I do know what I'm doing, and know how to keep myself alive. You'll watch my back though right?"

"That goes without saying," the older man chuckled. "Never worked with a partner before...this'll be interesting."

"Well I hope it's not a bad thing," KyuHyun said, scooting closer. "Just don't think about giving me the slip."

"Why would I do that?" SungMin wrapped one arm loosely around KyuHyun's waist, pulling the other man up beside him.

"Because it seems like something you would do," KyuHyun said, poking him in the side. "We're in this together."

Squawking, SungMin swatted lightly at the hand that poked him. "You're so weird." The corners of his lips curled softly though.

"I'll take that as a compliment coming from you," KyuHyun chuckled. He glanced towards the door when he heard the bell ring. "That's probably dinner, go get it."

"What am I, a servant," SungMin rolled his eyes, shifting to stand. He grabbed a shirt and pulled it on as he padded to the door. Paying the guy on the other side, he brought the container of food to the coffee table. "Yah, you coming to eat or what?"

"Fine," KyuHyun sighed, sliding out of bed. He pulled some clothes on before joining SungMin in the living room, sitting down on the floor. "So when are we going out then?"

"Around midnight. It's a good thing you got so much sleep, it might be a long night." SungMin pulled the containers of jjajjangmyeon out of the delivery box along with their side dishes, removing the plastic wraps.

"Guess so," KyuHyun nodded, digging into his plate.

"You're going to have to be very careful with this guy," SungMin said after a minute of eating in silence. "He's the one going around making a mess of things in the newspapers, getting the whole city's attention. I met him first job I got on coming to Korea. He's a bit of an ."

"...I don't really think you're qualified to say if someone's an or not," KyuHyun said, glancing over at him. "Where were you before Korea?"

"Hey, I'm qualified to say he is an ," SungMin rolled his eyes. "Living in Japan with my uncle, he was my legal guardian since I was two. HyunJoong used to make fun of my accent when I first met him."

"What happened to your parents?" KyuHyun asked.

SungMin shrugged. "Dad ran off before I was born, and mom ODed. The only living relative they could find was my uncle." His eyes narrowed slightly. "Probably would have been better if they never found him."

"Why do you say that?" KyuHyun had stopped eating, watching SungMin. "Was he an ?"

The older man chuckled, shaking his head. "I guess you could say that. He was...an ambitious man. Ambitious enough to have an influential spot in the yakuza. But he wanted more than that, and he needed connections with those higher up to get where he wanted. When my 'ability' started to appear, he knew how he was going to get those connections."

"So... he trained you and used you for his own ambitions," KyuHyun said, his expression unreadable. "He really was an ."

SungMin shrugged, going back to eating. " by one definition, resourceful by another. Not that I really care anymore, he's been dead for about five years now."

KyuHyun chewed on his lip slightly, glancing side to side before he leaned forward, lowering his voice. "Did you kill him?"

The older man looked back up at KyuHyun, unsmiling. "Yes."

"...Oh," KyuHyun looked down at his food. "Because... you wanted to, or because... you were ordered to? Unless you don't want to talk about it."

"I wanted to get away from him," SungMin replied. "Which wasn't easy once he got to the position he wanted. But he did many horrible things, made many enemies. One of those enemies wanted him dead, was willing to pay good money to the person who could do it." He placed his chopsticks down. "So I gave them his head."

"Why did you come to Korea?" KyuHyun asked, a slight tightening to his eyes. "Seems like you had a good position for yourself with the yakuza. Why come here?"

"Why would I want to work for the yakuza? Bunch of sleazy thugs pretending to be your friend so they can backstab you later..." SungMin shook his head, pushing away from the table. "I didn't want to stay there. Too many bad memories. Came here and made a new reputation for myself...the guy who never misses. I like that better than the pet dog of the yakuza."

KyuHyun picked at his food, having lost his appetite. "I'm sorry... no one should have to go through what you have. I'm sorry you had to go through all that."

SungMin smirked slightly, glancing at KyuHyun. "Don't be. It happened a long time ago. I'd much rather think about right now, even if your hero code frustrates the hell out of me sometimes."

"Let me ask you something," KyuHyun looked up at him again. "Are you going to stop, completely. No more jobs, no more killing people?"

"...You keep on asking this," SungMin sighed and looked away, messing up his hair. "I told you, this has been my life for too long. I only just started thinking of quitting as even a vague possibility."

"But do you even want to do this?" KyuHyun asked, scooting closer. "Do you actually like what you do?"

SungMin's brow furrowed. "I don't know. It's never mattered before if I wanted to do this or not. With my uncle, I never had the choice. After he died, all I knew was what he taught me. At no point did wanting to kill people ever factor into things."

"Well maybe it's time it should," KyuHyun said, resting his hand on SungMin's knee. "It's your choice what you want to do, but I just hope you make the right one."

The older man looked back at KyuHyun, meeting the hero's eyes for a long moment before sighing and putting on a small smile. "Let me make that choice myself. When I've decided, you'll know."

KyuHyun returned the smile, shifting over so he could straddle SungMin's lap. "I better be the first person that knows," he said, putting his arms around SungMin's neck. "But I'm warning you, if you decide you want to continue taking jobs, I'll be the one to find you and bring you to justice."

SungMin pouted slightly, wrapping his arms around KyuHyun's waist. "I guess it would be fitting, somehow. Do I get a few minutes head start?"

"Maybe, not like you'll get far," KyuHyun said, leaning down to lightly nip at SungMin's lip. "Just keep that in mind."

"Mhm," SungMin returned the nip, sharing soft kisses. "I think I could give you a run for your money though. I've got a reputation to uphold, can't be caught that easily."

"I caught you once, I can do it again," KyuHyun said around the kisses. "I'd rather not have to electrocute you again though."

"And I'd rather not be electrocuted again, that hurt," SungMin chuckled, feeling KyuHyun's breath against his lips. "Oh, maybe we could call Sundays a truce day. We still haven't gone on that date."

"Yeah, well, we haven't had any time," KyuHyun said, letting his lips trail away to SungMin's jaw. "And something tells me, it will still be a while. I can agree to a truce day, otherwise I wouldn't get this."

"You are insatiable," SungMin replied, lips parting at the attention. "Not that I'm complaining, at all." He slid his hands down to KyuHyun's hips and hooked his fingers into the other man's belt loops, pulling him even closer. "But you owe me a date, ever since you said I wouldn't know what it would be like to go on a date with you, you've had me curious."

"We've got time now right?" KyuHyun asked, one hand sliding down SungMin's chest. "It's a few hours before midnight, we can go have our date... except this is usually saved for the end of the date."

"No one said we couldn't do it again afterwards," SungMin leaned forward to lightly nip one of KyuHyun's ears. "Except we probably shouldn't be too tired out for tonight."

"I think I slept enough for today," KyuHyun said, pressing his fingers into the fabric of SungMin's shirt.

"So is that a no, we shouldn't do this or yes, we should," SungMin bit a little harder.

KyuHyun inhaled sharply at the bite, pulling away enough to look into SungMin's eyes. "Not fair with you doing that," he uttered, leaning in to kiss him again, lips parting almost immediately.

Groaning, SungMin returned the kiss that quickly became heated, one hand sliding up the back of KyuHyun's shirt. He arranged the other man's legs around his waist properly so he could slowly stand up, maneuvering them towards the couch.

tags: