Decompressing

The Sworn

"Yes, we have a few things to go over still," KyuJong said, giving ChangMin a sympathetic smile. "GyuRi, we'll get you caught up but maybe you should take Sunny downstairs and give her some calm down time."

GyuRi sighed a little at that, but she nodded. "Okay, but later I'm getting every detail I've missed. Where's JungMin?"

"He's upstairs, with someone who was shot and is recovering," RyeoWook said, standing up. "I'll make you both some tea." Sunny stood up slowly, head down and not letting go of GyuRi.


DongHae watched them go, brow furrowed as he looked around the room. His eyes settled on KyuHyun and he leaned into HyunJoong a little. "Can we go talk somewhere?" He lifted his head to murmur into the other man's ear quietly, though no one was paying them any attention. "Upstairs or something?"

Lips pursed, HyunJoong gave a small nod. “Okay, lead the way,” he replied, his hand at DongHae's waist.

The other man stood up, seeing KiBum glance at them but not say anything. He frowned slightly at the lack of reaction from his best friend before leading HyunJoong towards the stairs and up them to the second floor.

It was quieter upstairs, the door to JungMin's room closed. DongHae stopped once they were out of view from the stairs, turning to HyunJoong. "I'm worried about KyuHyun," he said quietly.

HyunJoong frowned at that, looking back down the stairs and then back up at DongHae. “You're worried about KyuHyun,” he repeated. “Why?”

"Because of what just happened to him," DongHae frowned. "I'm worried about how he's taking it, or not taking it I guess…and I don't want him going back to his apartment alone, it's not safe for him to be alone. SungMin knows where he lives."

“It's not safe with us either,” HyunJoong replied, shaking his head. “There are plenty of people here who can look after him.”

"Who?" DongHae asked. "JungMin's house can't take another person or it'll explode. KyuJong and KiBum are staying together and there's no room for another person there either. Who's going to help him, HyunJoong? If not us, then who?"

"And how is that our concern?" HyunJoong asked, his voice lowering further. "Why does anyone need to help him?"

"Because friends help each other," DongHae replied, chin up. "He's my friend, he's badly hurt right now, and I won't let him go through that alone. Maybe I can't save the world. But if we don't help those right in front of us when they need it, how is that ever going to change?"

HyunJoong sighed, rubbing at his forehead. "This is why I don't date heroes. Too damn nice. Okay, okay, fine. If he's willing to go along then he can stay with us. Key word there being willing. I'm not dragging him around if he doesn't want to go."

"I'll talk to him," DongHae nodded, smiling widely. "Thank you Hyun." He leaned up and pressed a kiss to the other man's lips, fingers framing HyunJoong's face.

"You're going to turn me into a bleeding heart just like the rest of you," HyunJoong murmured around his mouth. "You've ruined my reputation."

"Aw, you can still act all tough and aloof if you want to," DongHae chuckled softly, kissing him for a long moment before pulling away. "Okay, I'll go talk to KyuHyun now. You wanna be around or would you be comfortable downstairs with the others?"

"I should probably talk to him with you," HyunJoong sighed. "He won't agree unless he knows I'm... okay with it. This means I'll have to be nice to him, doesn't it?"

"At least try to be?" DongHae smiled sheepishly. "I'd hope he'd be nice back but…well, let's just try to not get into any arguments." He took HyunJoong's hand, turning to head back towards the stairs.

HyunJoong didn't voice what he was thinking, that there was little chance there wouldn't be an argument with KyuHyun. HyunJoong was convinced KyuHyun would argue with a chair if it looked at him wrong. Things had calmed down a little bit once they reached the bottom of the stairs. GyuRi and Sunny had left to go down to the basement along with some of the others. KyuHyun was by himself on the couch, staring at a wall. HyunJoong saw KyuJong peek out from the kitchen, his eyes pinched in worry as he watched KyuHyun.

Seeing the living room was clear for the moment, DongHae exhaled slowly before pulling HyunJoong to sit down next to KyuHyun with him. "Hi," he said quietly. "How're you holding up?"

KyuHyun didn't reply right away, his eyes slowly sliding towards DongHae and then at HyunJoong. "What do you want?" he asked, his voice low.

DongHae chewed on his lower lip, meeting KyuHyun's eyes. "We wanted to ask…maybe you should stay with us for a bit, until things clear up. Safety in numbers, you know."

"Stay with you?" KyuHyun's eyes narrowed slightly at HyunJoong. "No thanks, I'll pass."

"Don't be an idiot KyuHyun," HyunJoong said. "SungMin is out there and could get to you, or any of us. It's better if we all stay together."

"Please think about it?" DongHae asked. "We don't want to see anything happen to you…you're my friend."

"I'm not anyone's friend," KyuHyun replied, turning away from them. "Just leave me alone."

"They're right KyuHyun," KyuJong was leaning up against the doorframe of the kitchen, having listened in to the conversation. "It's best if you went somewhere safe for the time being, and there's just no more room here."

"I'll be fine," KyuHyun replied, closing his eyes.

DongHae watched KyuHyun's back. "I know we don't exactly get along most of the time, and you probably think I'm more idiot than hero…but I meant it when I said I care about you and I don't want you to ever feel alone. You're not alone, we're all here." He tentatively rested a hand on KyuHyun's shoulder.

"Maybe I'd rather be alone!" KyuHyun snapped, pushing DongHae's hand off and getting to his feet. "What part of leave me alone did you not understand, Blowfish?"

"Hey," HyunJoong stepped between them, holding up a warning hand to keep KyuHyun back. "He's just trying to help."

"And I never asked for his help," KyuHyun hissed, scowling at HyunJoong. "You don't get it, none of you do!" he said, looking at DongHae. "All of this is my fault, and the longer I'm here the more likely someone else is going to end up nearly dead, or even worse. What if SungMin comes after me? I don't want anyone else getting hurt because of me." His lip trembled slightly and he pushed past DongHae to go to the door.

DongHae caught KyuHyun's hand on the way by, not letting him leave. "It isn't your fault. Blaming yourself for this isn't going to help anyone, not Saeng and not you. If SungMin comes after you, then we kick his together. Because we're a team, and if someone messes with one of us, they're messing with all of us."

KyuHyun stopped, his head down and his whole body trembling slightly. "It is my fault. I should have known, I should have stopped him."

"Well next time he comes around you can do that," HyunJoong said, coming up behind DongHae and putting his hands on the man's shoulders. "Get your head out of your KyuHyun, and for once stop arguing."

Visibly bristling, KyuHyun glanced sharply over his shoulder at HyunJoong, glaring. The anger quickly left his expression though and his shoulders slumped. "...Okay," he mumbled.

DongHae smiled slightly at that, looking down at the hand he held loosely. "Let's go get your stuff and move you in. You'll let us know if you find anything, right?" He looked over his shoulder at KyuJong.

KyuJong nodded. "Keep your phones on you. Things seem to turn around on a pin these days."

"Car should be out front," HyunJoong said, eyeing KyuHyun who didn't seem to be moving. "Let JungMin know we stopped by, and if we hear anything out there we'll call."

"Stay safe," KyuJong said, smiling a little.

KiBum stepped up beside KyuJong to watch as the three of them left, DongHae still holding onto KyuHyun. "We need to sit down and come up with a plan." He held out one of the cups of tea RyeoWook had made to KyuJong.

"I don't even know where to start," KyuJong said with a sigh, accepting the tea with a quiet thank you. "We have to find HyungJoon, if he's even still... alive," he said, lowering his voice at the end.

The younger man frowned, leaning back against the wall. "Even if he isn't, we need to find out what happened to him. Unfortunately the person who would know best what SungMin might have done with him isn't in any frame of mind to talk about it."

"I don't blame him," KyuJong said, glancing towards the front door with a small sigh. "I think we should go home, try and get some rest. We can't do much for HyungJoon right now, and just have to pray he'll be okay until we can find him. I don't know what else to do right now."

"We'll figure it out with some rest." And the more time YoungSaeng had to wake up, the better. KiBum glanced outside, seeing the sun low on the horizon. "They'll be okay here?" He could hear the others talking in the basement.

"I hope so," KyuJong said, taking a sip of the tea before moving into the kitchen to set in the sink. "We thought we would be safe here in the first place, but now that we know... maybe we'll all be more on our guard. You want to let them know we'll be leaving? I'm going to check on JungMin."

KiBum nodded. "Sure." He turned to head down the stairs slowly into the crowded basement.

Taking a deep breath, KyuJong rubbed at his forehead slightly as he went to the stairs. It was absolutely silent on the second floor. KyuJong hesitated slightly, knocking twice before he slowly opened the door to peek inside. "Min?"

JungMin hadn't moved from his chair beside YoungSaeng's bed, keeping a silent watch over the unconscious man. He looked up at KyuJong when the door opened. "Hey…"

"Hey," KyuJong gave him a small smile as he stepped in, shutting the door silently behind him. "KiBum and I were going to head home, it's been a long day. Can I get you anything?"

The younger man shook his head, looking back at the bed. "What are we going to do now?"

"What we usually do," KyuJong said, crouching down next to him. "Which is whatever we can. We'll find HyungJoon, and deal with SungMin and whoever he's working for."

JungMin nodded slowly, leaning forward to brush YoungSaeng's hair out of his face. "…Count me in. But I don't think I could leave him here alone like this."

"Didn't think you would," KyuJong said. "KiBum and I will be over first thing in the morning okay? We'll probably come up with some kind of plan by then, and hopefully YoungSaeng will have woken up. Hey..." he touched JungMin's arm lightly, smiling up at him. "He's still alive, that's the important part."

Looking back down at KyuJong, the corner of JungMin's lips twitched slightly. "Yeah. But I won't feel better until he's up climbing out windows and writing on the walls again."

"Me either," KyuJong nodded, straightening back up. He put one arm around JungMin's shoulder and gave him a light hug. "If you need anything, just call. I'll be over right away. If there weren't so many people here we'd just stay, but this place is full enough."

"If I had known this was going to happen, I would have gotten a bigger place." JungMin returned the hug, arms around KyuJong's waist. "You and Talkative be careful out there."

"We will, we can take care of ourselves," KyuJong said, squeezing him tightly before pulling away. "And I'm going to tell Zhou Mi to make sure you eat. You're no good to anyone like this."

"You make it sound like I'm wasting away," JungMin wrinkled his nose, straightening in his seat. "I'm fine Kyu."

"And after close to three years you should know that I don't believe you when you say that," KyuJong replied, tapping his cheek a little. "I know you, I know how you get. I'll see you tomorrow."

JungMin swatted half-heartedly at KyuJong's hand, lips quirked slightly. "Good night Kyu."

"Night Min," KyuJong said, heading back out the door and down the stairs. He went down to the basement, asking Zhou Mi to make JungMin something to eat later and telling everyone goodbye. By the time he and KiBum had finally made it out of the house, the sun had disappeared completely behind the horizon. "I didn't even realize it had got so late," he said, hugging his arms against the chill in the air. "Today was such a blur."

KiBum nodded, walking along beside him with his hands in his pockets. "I don't think it's about to slow down for us anytime soon." There was no end in sight.

KyuJong didn't say anything to that, knowing KiBum was right. It had not been a good day, and it was likely to just get worse. They were quiet on the walk back, KyuJong not feeling comfortable breaking the silence and was too spooked to distract himself. SungMin, or another assassin could be hiding in the shadows waiting for them. It was only because he knew that KiBum was searching those shadows that he wasn't completely panicking yet. Otherwise he wouldn't have wanted to leave JungMin's place.

Reaching his apartment, he unlocked the door and stepped in slowly, glancing around. There weren't any places for someone to hide or jump out at them so he felt a little safer once they were in and the door was closed. "I don't know if I'm going to even be able to sleep tonight," he said, turning on the bedside lamp and easing down onto the bed.

KiBum went to the window, looking out at the dark street below. "We're fine here. No one's ever followed us from JungMin's house." He drew the blinds shut, slipping off his shoes and placing his hat to the side.

"That's good at least," KyuJong sighed, watching him. "Still... I'm still a little on edge. Something happened to us last night, something we don't even remember and one of our own was nearly killed. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life."

"That's something I don't understand. There was no one in the house but the usual people when we all suddenly…lost conscience if that's what happened. No one was doing anything out of the ordinary." KiBum frowned. "No one snuck up on the house either, or I would have noticed."

KyuJong ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head. "I don't know. We're dealing with people who kill super heroes, so who knows. I'm trying not to think about it or I may just break down." He held out a hand to KiBum. "Distract me?"

The other man stepped closer to the bed after a pause, taking KyuJong's hand. "We'll figure this out." He leaned down and kissed his boyfriend, easing him back onto the bed.

KyuJong agreed with a small hum in the back of his throat, returning the kiss eagerly. There really wasn't much of a need to talk for a while, and KyuJong didn't feel like talking anyway. Anything said would just hover around the problems they were facing and for the next half hour he just wanted to feel KiBum's hands on him.

A half hour turned to an hour before they finally collapsed, KyuJong stretched out on his stomach and looking at KiBum with a small smile. "For a moment there, I thought you were going to go all night," he murmured, his voice hoarse from use. It was a good thing he didn't have neighbors, as they would have complained by now about the noise.

"I was distracting you." KiBum's lips quirked slightly, stretched out next to KyuJong with one arm around the older man's waist and thumb lightly brushing KyuJong's skin. "Think you can sleep now?"

"Probably," KyuJong said, slowly closing and opening his eyes. "Every muscle in my body feels like jelly right now, but that doesn't stop my mind from panicking. How are you not panicking?"

"I just don't panic about things." KiBum tugged the blanket up over KyuJong more, settling him in. "Try to get some sleep."

"But you don't even seem bothered," KyuJong murmured, turning onto his side and scooting closer.

KiBum watched KyuJong's face in the darkness. "Why would I be?"

"...Because what happened is worth being bothered over," KyuJong replied, his eyes tightening slightly. "We were knocked unconscious, Saeng was almost killed. What if it had been me who had been shot?"

"It wasn't you, and I'm thankful for that," KiBum blinked, running his hand along KyuJong's back slowly.

"But it could have been," KyuJong said, pushing back slightly. "It doesn't bother you that YoungSaeng almost died?"

The younger man frowned. "I'm not happy about it, if that's what you're asking."

"That's not the same as caring," KyuJong said. "You should, and you would have not that long ago.... it's getting worse."

"I don't see it as getting worse," KiBum replied, brow furrowed slightly. "I'm more in-tune with my ability than I ever was. I can keep a constant watch on our surroundings from the moment the sun goes down; I couldn't do that before. With what's going on, we need any advantage we can get."

KyuJong's eyes widened and he sat up, looking down at KiBum. "At what expense?" he asked softly, shaking his head. "I'm worried KiBum. It used to bother you, it bothered you that it could get worse. What's going to happen when you stop caring about me too?"

"I care about you," KiBum frowned up at KyuJong, lifting one hand to brush a lock of hair out of the older man's eyes. "That won't change if I can help it. Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

"I'll always worry," KyuJong said, smiling sadly down at him as he lay back down. "It's what I do. If that ever does change, you'll have to know something's wrong at that point. I'd hate for it to get that bad... I think I've fallen in love with you KiBum."

That coaxed a proper, teeth-showing smile out of the other man, for the first time in a couple days. Leaning in, he brushed his lips against KyuJong's softly. "I love you too…whatever happens, remember that."

"You too," KyuJong replied, his arms around KiBum's neck and rolling slightly so he was more on top of KiBum. "It's nice to see you smile like that," he murmured, kissing him again.

Eyes closing, KiBum wrapped his arms loosely around the older man's neck. "I'll keep smiling for you as long as I'm able to," he whispered.

"No," KyuJong pouted a little at that. "You'll keep smiling because I'll make you," he said, shifting so he was straddling KiBum's waist. "Understood?" He poked KiBum in the side.

KiBum chuckled, twitching at the poke. "Understood." He caught KyuJong's hand. "I thought you were trying to sleep?"

"I said I wanted to sleep, eventually," KyuJong said, trying to pull his hand out of KiBum's. "It was a long day, I want to have some fun. Is that so wrong?"

"Ah," KiBum replied, amused. "What sort of fun?" He released KyuJong's hand only to tickle the man's side.

KyuJong shrieked, swatting at KiBum's hands and squirming. "Stop! Not that!" he laughed loudly.

"What? I can't tell, was that the kind of fun you were talking about?" KiBum grinned, attacking from the other side at the first opening.

"No!" KyuJong replied, not able to help himself as he laughed and squirmed before falling over. "Please, no more!"

"Fine," KiBum smiled, turning onto his side to face KyuJong better, snagging his arm to stop the other man from rolling off the small bed.

"I meant the kind of fun where I get to tease you, and you give me kisses," KyuJong said, nuzzling into him. "I hope that's okay."

"I'll never say no to that," KiBum chuckled, tilting KyuJong's face up to kiss him softly.

"Better not," KyuJong replied, returning the kiss and humming in approval. He could do this all night, especially since it got his mind off other things.

*****************************************

They moved KyuHyun into the room that was supposed to have been DongHae's, DongHae moving the paintings he was working on into the corner of the room so they took up less space. He himself would be staying in HyunJoong's room like he had since first arriving here.

Pacing around the hallway nervously, DongHae finally wandered back to KyuHyun's doorway to look in. "Uh…anything I can do to help here?"

"Leaving me alone would be a nice start," KyuHyun said, not looking over his shoulder from where he was leaning up against the window. "Just because I'm here doesn't mean you get to mother over me okay?"

"Hae," HyunJoong was motioning for him to come away from the room at the other end of the hall. "Just let him be."

DongHae chewed his lower lip, watching KyuHyun. "Okay. You know I'm here if you want to talk or just want company or something." He stepped away from the door, head down as he retreated to HyunJoong's side.

"Sometimes you're too nice," HyunJoong said, putting an arm around DongHae's shoulder. "We'll make some dinner, see if he's hungry in a bit. He probably just needs some time to himself right now."

"Okay," DongHae nodded slightly, letting HyunJoong pull him away. "I'm a horrible hyung."

"Yes, a terrible hyung who lets s like KyuHyun live with him and try to take care of him," HyunJoong said, poking DongHae's cheek.

"He's not an ," DongHae mumbled, glancing back at the bedroom door. "He's just hurt." Turning away, he headed towards the kitchen, hand slipping into HyunJoong's. "What should we make?"

"He was an before he got hurt," HyunJoong pointed out. "We'll make takeout, my favorite."

KyuHyun let out a sigh of relief when DongHae and HyunJoong had gone to another part of the apartment. He was sort of grateful for DongHae showing some concern towards him, but it did rankle at him a little. No one should have to take care of him, no one should even want to after the mess he had made.

Watching as the last bits of light faded beyond the buildings, KyuHyun tried to peer through the shadows for a familiar silhouette. SungMin was out there somewhere, probably killing another one of his friends or trying to at least. And what was he doing? Nothing. Hiding in a run down building owned by his arch-nemesis. He didn't hide, he was a goddamned super hero. Heroes did not hide, especially when innocent lives were at stake.

Eyebrows furrowing, KyuHyun turned away from the window and opened up his suitcase on the bed. What he needed was right on top, his jacket and pants and mask. It had never been much of a costume, but he never really cared about how he looked either way. 

By the time DongHae looked in the room again, KyuHyun would be gone, only a small flicker of the lights any indication he had gone. The first place he went to was SungMin's old apartment. Even if the furniture and possessions had been cleared out, it was the only place KyuHyun knew where to look. Maybe he'd left something behind, some clue as to where he would have gone.

It turned out that KyuHyun didn't have to look very far to find what he was looking for. When the lights flickered with his arrival, the figure sitting against the wall in the corner of the living room opened his eyes. SungMin wasn't prepared for KyuHyun's sudden arrival, climbing to his feet quickly. "KyuHyun?"

KyuHyun wasn't prepared for SungMin being right in front of him either, crying out in alarm as he stumbled back. "You!" he hissed once he got over his initial fright. "I'm going to ing kill you, where the hell is HyungJoon!"

Eyes wide, SungMin stepped back. "Wait, it's not what you think," he said, hands up. "Just hear me out."

"So you can lie again? No!" KyuHyun's hand trembled, reaching for the electrical socket nearby. "Tell me what you did with him or I swear SungMin, I will kill you."

"I'm not lying!" The assassin didn't even attempt to reach for any weapons, watching KyuHyun's hand warily. "I'll tell you whatever you want, just give me time to explain!"

"Just tell me where he is!" KyuHyun shouted. "Five seconds and then I'm frying your so start talking!"

The look on SungMin's face was almost pleading. "He's alive, okay? But he's not anyone you want to find. When I got upstairs in JungMin's house, he was cornering YoungSaeng. The Voice had said someone was at the house and going to hurt the precog, and that someone was him."

KyuHyun sneered at the obvious lie. "You really expect me to believe that Sunny's fiance is working for the Voice? Do I look that stupid to you? Then why the hell did you shoot YoungSaeng!"

"I shot him because it had to look like he died, or that guy wouldn't have left him alone!" SungMin took a step back, hitting the wall. "You know my ability KyuHyun, do you think I would have missed every vital point if I had actually tried to kill him?"

"I don't know what kind of game you're playing at," KyuHyun said, shaking his head. "But it's not going to work. If HyungJoon is alive, tell me where he is!"

"I don't know where he is, he was pissed that the precog was shot and is trying to get me killed," SungMin replied, slowly lowering his hands. "I'm not playing any games KyuHyun, I'm telling the truth."

"You really expect me to believe that?" KyuHyun shook his head. "You're a real piece of work. I don't know what you did with him, but I'm going to find him. If I see you again, I will kill you so don't even think of coming near me again."

SungMin's eyes were pained as he took a step forward. "KyuHyun, please. You said that you trusted me."

"Yeah, and that was stupid," KyuHyun retorted. "You used me to get to YoungSaeng and are sitting here trying to lie about it. You haven't done anything to show me you're telling the truth and even then I wouldn't believe you."

"At the house, all your friends unconscious." SungMin stood another step forward. "That wasn't me KyuHyun, you were with me the whole time before. It was him. Please, just listen to me."

"I'm not listening to you ever again," KyuHyun said lowly. "You're a murderer, and I will bring you to justice." His fingers felt for the socket and within seconds he was gone. When he returned to HyunJoong's place, he collapsed on the floor, covering his head with his arms and choking back the sobs.

Hearing the thud from KyuHyun's room, DongHae immediately went to the doorway; he and HyunJoong had noticed KyuHyun was gone a minute before. He opened his mouth when he saw KyuHyun on the floor, then shut it again without a word as he looked at the younger man.

After a long moment he slowly stepped inside the room, approaching the figure curled up on the floor. He didn't say anything, easing himself down to sit on the floor next to KyuHyun. When there was no reaction to his presence, he waited a minute before reaching out and slowly rubbing KyuHyun's back.

It didn't seem like KyuHyun noticed even then, his whole body shaking. When he finally did look up, his glassy eyes met those of DongHae's. "I don't know what to do," he whispered, leaning into DongHae and closing his eyes.

DongHae wrapped one arm around KyuHyun loosely, holding the younger man close. "What would Slipstream do?" he asked quietly.

"Not fall in love with a murderer," KyuHyun replied. He didn't see HyunJoong come to the doorway, watching them both with a frown and his arms crossed. "I... I saw him. At his apartment. He was lying right to my face... and I wanted to kill him, kill him like he tried to kill YoungSaeng and RyeoWook... but I couldn't."

"Why couldn't you kill him?" DongHae asked softly. "Was it Slipstream, who doesn't kill even bad people, who couldn't kill him? Or was it KyuHyun who fell in love?"

"… I don't know," KyuHyun whispered. "I... I think it was KyuHyun. This is stupid, I'm not this way, I'm not this person! I don't... I don't get emotional."

"I think you do…for him you do." DongHae ran his hand up and down KyuHyun's arm slowly. "Slipstream and KyuHyun feel differently…if they want to do different things too, you should stop and think about which one's more important to you."

"What's important... is keeping my friends safe," KyuHyun said, sitting up a little to look up at DongHae. "I can't let anyone else get hurt, not because of me."

"Then that's what you'll do," DongHae smiled at the younger man. "But first you have to understand it's not your fault, and no one blames you for what happened. And you're not alone…I'll do everything in my power to help you protect your friends."

"Even HyunJoong?" KyuHyun asked, smirking a little as he rubbed his eyes.

"Of course HyunJoong," DongHae beamed, totally unaware the older man was listening at the doorway. "Can I get you anything? We have food coming in a few minutes, since I don't think you'd want anything we try to cook."

"No... I think I just need to be alone," KyuHyun said, leaning back against the wall.

"You should probably tell KyuJong and JungMin you saw SungMin," HyunJoong said. "They'd want to know."

"Yeah, I think I know how being in a team works," KyuHyun rolled his eyes.

"I guess you do," DongHae chuckled, slowly standing. "Well…we'll have leftovers in the fridge if you're hungry later, then. If you decide to leave again…please let us know, okay? We were worried."

"Yeah, right," KyuHyun mumbled, closing his eyes.

"You know KyuHyun, not everyone is as selfish as you are," HyunJoong said. "DongHae really was worried about you, which makes it hard to kiss him."

"Ew, get out," KyuHyun covered his ears and scowled up at the both of them.

DongHae flushed and pushed HyunJoong out of the room. "I don't think that helped," he said, though there was relief in his voice. "I'm glad he's okay."

"For how long though?" HyunJoong replied, his arm going around DongHae's shoulders. "What's going to happen the next time he runs into SungMin? Do we trust that he'll do the right thing?"

"I trust him to do what he feels is right," DongHae smiled up at HyunJoong. "Does that count?" He pulled HyunJoong away from the doorway so that there was less chance of KyuHyun overhearing.

"He felt it was right to trust SungMin after finding out who he really was," HyunJoong said. "… We all did." He stopped in the hall and looked at DongHae. "How did SungMin lie while he was hypnotized?"

DongHae frowned at that. "…I don't know. People can't lie while hypnotized, right? Your questions were specific enough he couldn't have gotten around them…"

"I haven't met someone yet who could get around it," HyunJoong said. "Maybe he can, maybe that's part of his ability, I don't know."

The other man still frowned, not sure about that. After a moment he sighed and tugged HyunJoong towards the living room. "Let's eat and sleep, how about that? We can figure this out starting fresh tomorrow."

"You don't feel awkward at all having him here, just down the hall?" HyunJoong asked, glancing over his shoulder towards the room KyuHyun was staying in. "I mean, we'll have to be quiet."

DongHae blinked, then laughed quietly. "I'm not having while he's one room over, because you know I can't stay quiet." He pulled HyunJoong into a kiss. "I'll make it up to you after he's gone, promise."

"… I didn't agree to that," HyunJoong grumbled against DongHae's lips. "Let's eat before it gets cold."

"Even if I make it worth your while to abstain for a couple days?" DongHae grinned, taking HyunJoong's hand to pull him towards the food. "I'm an artist you know, we're very creative people."

"If you keep talking like that I'm kicking him out," HyunJoong huffed, following along like a dejected puppy.