The Voice

The Sworn

"So is that a no, we shouldn't do this or yes, we should," SungMin bit a little harder.

KyuHyun inhaled sharply at the bite, pulling away enough to look into SungMin's eyes. "Not fair with you doing that," he uttered, leaning in to kiss him again, lips parting almost immediately.

Groaning, SungMin returned the kiss that quickly became heated, one hand sliding up the back of KyuHyun's shirt. He arranged the other man's legs around his waist properly so he could slowly stand up, maneuvering them towards the couch.


KyuHyun didn't protest, even helping to get them into a comfortable position once on the couch. Maybe it had been foresight that neither of them had bothered to put on pants instead of sheer laziness, but it definitely helped. Later, when KyuHyun bonelessly leaned up against SungMin's chest, he chuckled a little to himself. "You're just as insatiable as I am," he murmured, pressing kisses to the man's skin.

"I don't see you complaining," SungMin smiled, arms wrapped loosely around KyuHyun's waist and humming in approval at the kisses. "I'm definitely enjoying this...relationship? If that's what you would call it? Not just the ."

"I don't know what to call it yet," KyuHyun said, closing his eyes. "I'm enjoying the though, if that counts for anything. And I guess I'm enjoying spending time with you as well."

"That's good, or this would be pretty awkward." SungMin ducked his head to press a soft kiss to KyuHyun's lips, the action more tender than the heated kisses from before.

KyuHyun smiled a little at that, more for himself than anything. This tender side of SungMin was new, and he hoped he could see more of it later on. Just a little bit of vulnerability that made him seem human. "We should get showers and go on that date," he murmured quietly, finally sitting up.

"Oh I do hope you mean shower together," SungMin grinned, running one hand along KyuHyun's back slowly. "Though that might be a bad idea. Do I get to pick out your clothes or will you kill me?"

"You're not picking out my clothes," KyuHyun made a face at that, sliding off his lap to get to his feet. "Your taste in clothing is terrible. I'm showering first so don't get any weird ideas."

"Oh fine," SungMin chuckled, stretching out since he didn't have to move right away. "And my taste in clothing is better than yours, at least I've moved past color coordination."

"... I don't even know what that means," KyuHyun raised an eyebrow at that. "Okay, fine, pick something out, but I swear if there's anything pink involved I'm not wearing it."

"There won't be, you'd look crappy in pink," SungMin grinned happily, climbing to his feet. "Not everyone can look as good in it as I can."

"You don't look that good in pink either, I don't know what you're going on about," KyuHyun shook his head, disappearing into the bathroom.

"Don't take too long or I'm coming in after you!" SungMin called after the younger man, chuckling to himself as he went to find something for them to wear. He'd never told KyuHyun, but he'd never gone on a date before (one that didn't consist of the drive between a club and a hotel). As much as he'd bothered HyunJoong to take him out somewhere, SungMin had the feeling he wouldn't have enjoyed it anyways. But with KyuHyun, he was looking forward to the time together, the encounter that would happen later that night pushed out of his mind.

Since SungMin hadn't specified how long 'too long' would be, KyuHyun nearly shrieked when SungMin joined him about halfway through his shower. Not that he was really complaining, but he had just been surprised. Not allowing them to get caught up in anything though, KyuHyun finished his shower first and got dressed, making a face at what SungMin had laid out for him. Didn't stop him from wearing it, but he'd make a point to hide the shirt somewhere SungMin wouldn't find it later.

"You just about ready?" KyuHyun poked his head back into the bathroom. "Or are you going to spend another hour primping in front of the mirror."

"I'm ready, I'm ready," SungMin rolled his eyes, fixing his shirt collar. He made sure the sheaths under his sleeves were secure; even for a date he wasn't leaving them behind, because the day he left them would be the day someone tried to kill him.

Tugging his sleeves back down, he turned back to KyuHyun and beamed. "You look good."

"I'm only wearing this for you," KyuHyun said, scowling slightly at him. "Next time I'm picking out my own clothes."

"Deal," SungMin chuckled. 'Next time' sounded promising. "Your face is going to get stuck like that," he poked KyuHyun's stomach on the way by, heading towards the door to grab his shoes.

"JungMin says it already is," KyuHyun said, following him to the door. "That and you just bring the scowls out in me."

"I bring out plenty of other expressions too," SungMin grinned cheekily over his shoulder at KyuHyun.

KyuHyun could feel his face flushing at that and he pushed SungMin in the shoulder. "Don't start, you're being cocky."

Laughing, SungMin shook his head in amusement as he straightened. "Oh fine." He hooked his arm around KyuHyun's, pulling him out of the apartment.

Neither of them were really used to the whole concept of 'dating', and it was pretty obvious as they went through the evening that neither of them really knew what to do. Cuddling in coffee shops wasn't their thing, but that left plenty of other options. They tried a couple of things, renting out a karaoke room and finding an arcade (shooting games were banned because of what KyuHyun called an 'unfair advantage'). SungMin took pity on him and didn't drag him shopping, but he did treat KyuHyun to ice cream later in the night.

It seemed far too soon before they were back at the apartment, midnight approaching quickly. It was time to get ready.

"Don't short out any transformers this time, okay?" SungMin said, pulling on the black tube scarf he wore around his lower face.

"I'll do my best not to," KyuHyun rolled his eyes. "I'll keep it localized to just the building, that should help right?"

"You know your power better than I do, just don't do anything to knock yourself out." SungMin looked back at KyuHyun. "I don't think I've ever seen you in costume before."

"I haven't had a reason to wear it in a while," KyuHyun shrugged, making sure his mask was on and wasn't going to fall off. "You look like an idiot with those contacts."

"I like them, they're my trademark," SungMin sniffed, double-checking his weapons and making sure they were all easily accessible. "Did you at least have fun tonight, before we venture into the lion's den?"

"I did, amazingly enough," KyuHyun said. "You're not so bad of company when you aren't trying to make me miserable."

"As fun as getting on your nerves is, I think I like this better," SungMin chuckled. He inhaled deeply before stepping back. "Well...it's midnight."

"Let's get this over with then," KyuHyun nodded. "And we're not going to attack this person unless they attack us first, right?"

"I'm not so sure about that," SungMin sighed. "But I'll try not to kill him or hurt him too badly...okay? Will that do?"

"... I guess I'll take what I can get," KyuHyun frowned at him. "I'll meet you on the roof and we can go from there," he said, reaching a hand over to the nearest electrical outlet. An arc of electricity touched KyuHyun's outstretched finger and he disappeared.

"Taking the easy way," SungMin wrinkled his nose before going to the window that overlooked the alley below. Pulling it open, he could see the fire escape within reach. It didn't take much to get to it, making sure the window was pulled closed after him and his lower face was covered as he made his way up the fire escape to the roof.

"We'd probably do this a lot faster if you were able to take someone with you," he commented as he reached the roof, straightening and walking to where KyuHyun was. The cold night air plucked at his clothes and hair.

"Probably, but I don't even want to try if it would hurt someone," KyuHyun said, standing on the ledge. "You have an address or do I have to take the slow way with you all the way there."

"It's not that far," SungMin replied. "Meet me at 202 Maebong-gil."

"Alright, see you there," KyuHyun said, touching his hand to the junction box next to him and disappeared in a shower of sparks.

It took a bit longer for SungMin to get there than KyuHyun, the assassin alternating between the rooftops and the back alleys wherever convenient. Finally he arrived behind the building he'd mentioned, looking around for KyuHyun as he scouted out the small, empty building. It was boarded up and didn't look like anyone had used it for anything in years.

"Lucky for us, there's no electricity running to that building," KyuHyun said, dropping down next to SungMin off a window ledge he'd been hiding in. "Only a phone line. Waited for you before going in though, no idea if anyone's there."

"Oh he's there," SungMin murmured, eyes narrowed at the door. "Stay close," he said as he walked to the door, testing it. Locked. Pulling out a thin wire from the sheath under his sleeve, he crouched down and worked at the lock.

The door unlocked, and SungMin stood before pulling it open. Inside the building was dark as he slipped inside silently, gun in one hand.

Glancing around behind him, KyuHyun followed SungMin into the building, guiding the door back to closed without making a noise. It was hard to see two feet in front of them, the windows blocked off with paint. He didn't want to risk saying anything to give them away, not sure where this assassin could be.

As good as they were, neither of them heard the assassin coming up behind KyuHyun and grab him around the throat. KyuHyun let out a choked gurgle, hands going to the arm cutting off his air.

"Gun down, or super boy here gets it," a voice rasped in his ear.

Whirling around, SungMin could barely see the outline of the other assassin behind KyuHyun. Jaw clenching, he slowly lowered the gun in his hands, letting it drop to the floor.

"Long time no see," he said calmly, looking between the assassin and KyuHyun. "Gun's down, let him breathe."

"You're getting soft," the assassin snorted. KyuHyun felt rather than saw the gun being pressed into his temple. "Since when do you care if a little piss ant like this gets offed?"

"What makes you think I care?" SungMin sniffed, pink-colored eyes unreadable. "Stop wasting your time with the small fry, it makes you look like a coward."

"Says the turncoat," the assassin sniffed. "Word got around you were looking for the assassins your former employer hired after you betrayed him. Figured you'd show up but I had no idea this was a field trip."

"The more the merrier. How're you liking the new client, by the way? I'd watch my back around him if I were you, he has a nasty habit of going back on his word," SungMin replied. "He probably has someone lined up with yourname already."

"Maybe you should just worry about yourself right now," the assassin snorted.

"Would you just kill him already?" KyuHyun got out before the assassin hit him hard in the side of the head with the of the gun.

A knife dropped out from under SungMin's sleeve into his palm. The moment of distraction left no time to dodge, the blade sent flying to slam into the assassin's forehead with a sickening crunch.

"You can't just stay quiet when there's a gun to your brain, can you?" SungMin grabbed KyuHyun and pulled him away as the other assassin's body fell.

"And listen to you two trade insults back and forth?" KyuHyun sniffed, looking down at the body before looking away. "Did you have another plan?"

"Other than try someone else, no, you can't get answers from a dead body," SungMin sighed, frowning at KyuHyun in the dark. "He hit you good...you okay?" He brushed his fingers gently against the side of KyuHyun's head.

"I'm fine," KyuHyun pulled his head away. "Not the first time someone's hit me in the head." He jumped slightly when a phone started going off somewhere at the back of the building. "Your assassin friend have any friends who'd be calling?"

"...Not that I can think of, and he's not a friend," SungMin frowned, starting towards where the noise was coming from. "None that would be calling here anyways...besides a client."

"If we can answer before they hang up, I can probably trace it," KyuHyun said, following after him. They found the phone on a table covered in trash up against one of the far walls. "Answer it," he looked to SungMin.

"Pushy." Eyes narrowed, SungMin reached out and picked up the phone, holding it up.

The voice that came out was very familiar, half-static and echoing in the empty space. "You are two days late. Report." SungMin looked at KyuHyun, nodding.

Touching the receiver, KyuHyun disappeared briefly but was back in mere seconds. He took the phone from SungMin and hung it back onto the cradle. "He's not far, but we'll have to hurry if we're going to get there before he figures out someone's coming for him."

SungMin nodded, turning to head back to the door. "Give me the address and go on ahead." He stepped over the body that was now lying in a pool of blood, grabbing his knife and yanking it out of the dead assassin's head on the way by.

"Four streets over, in the high rise apartments," KyuHyun said, avoiding the body completely. "Fifth level, corner penthouse. I'll meet you in the elevator."

"Don't get yourself into trouble without me." SungMin wiped the blade clean and stored it back inside his sleeve, breaking into a light jog.

He made it to the apartments within minutes, eyeing them to check for security. He didn't see any, keeping himself out of view of the only camera in the lobby as he crossed to the elevator.

When the elevator doors opened at the lobby, KyuHyun was waiting inside, arms crossed. "Was starting to wonder if you got lost," he said lightly, leaning up against the wall.

"Not everyone can teleport through the wires," SungMin murmured, stepping inside and closing the door, pressing the button for the fifth floor. "You ready for this?"

"Depends," KyuHyun said, watching the numbers at the top. "I don't really know SungMin, I'm a little nervous."

Glancing at the younger man, SungMin reached out and touched KyuHyun's fingers lightly. "Whatever happens, trust me okay?"

Looking over at him, KyuHyun's lips quirked slightly and he nodded. "Sure, who else do I have to trust about now?"

"That makes me feel loads better," SungMin rolled his eyes, looking up at the numbers counting down the floors. The doors opened on the fifth floor, and he looked out, not seeing anyone in the hallway. He set out towards the corner penthouse, keeping an eye out for cameras.

KyuHyun followed behind, trying not to get in his way. "You want me to kill the power?"

SungMin didn't say anything until they were beside the penthouse door. Testing and finding it locked, he crouched down. "Yes, do it now."

"Yes sir," KyuHyun muttered, looking around and finding a light fixture. Reaching up around the globe, he touched the housing lightly. The lights in the hall flickered slightly before the whole building was engulfed in darkness, emergency lights coming on at both ends of the hall.

By the time the emergency lights were fully on, SungMin had unlocked the door. He opened and pushed into the room, gun out and ready.

The room beyond the door was empty, the window wide open with wind blowing through. SungMin looked around, making his way towards the bedroom to check there.

KyuHyun followed him in, closing the door behind them. He checked the kitchen and the bathroom, as well as a small hall closet he found before returning to the living room. "SungMin, no one's here."

SungMin returned from checking the bedroom. "He got away...doesn't look like he lives here either..." He trailed off as the phone started to ring, the only thing working with the power off. He glanced at KyuHyun sharply before stopping beside the phone, picking it up and holding it to one ear.

As he listened to what was being said on the other end of the line, his eyes widened before narrowing. "...What did you do?" he murmured.

"You want me to try to trace it again," KyuHyun asked in a whisper. "What's wrong?"

The assassin wasn't listening to KyuHyun, all his attention on the conversation. "When?" The reply was short, and SungMin winced when the dial tone rang in his ear. He swore, placing the phone down and heading to the door quickly. "We need to go."

"Go? Go where?" KyuHyun blinked and went after him. "Was that him? The Voice or whatever? What's going on?"

SungMin didn't reply until they were in the stairwell, heading down. "That was him, he knew we were coming. But we can't worry about that now, he has your friend's address and someone's on their way there. Might already be there."

"...What?" KyuHyun's eyes widened. "It's going to take us too long to get there, I'll go on ahead."

"Then go, I'll be there as soon as I can!" SungMin jumped over the last railing and landed on the ground floor, pushing the door open.

"Hurry!" KyuHyun said, reaching up to touch a light before he disappeared.

JungMin's house wasn't that far away by car, but by foot it was far too long. SungMin removed his mask so he could catch a taxi, hands clenched tightly in his lap as he watched the buildings pass by.

Arriving a few minutes later, his eyes narrowed when he saw the whole street was pitch black. Getting out, he ran to the house he remembered to be JungMin's. KyuHyun was standing out on the street up ahead.

"I couldn't get close, figured I'd wait for you," KyuHyun said, panting a little.

"No sign of anyone?" SungMin looked up at the house. "You should go first, your friends might shoot me on sight."

"If I get blown up by JungMin, it's your fault," KyuHyun said, starting up the stairs. He tried the door, finding it unlocked. Considering JungMin always kept it locked with deadbolt and chain, KyuHyun was nervous. Slowly turning the handle and pushing the door in, he peeked his head in and looked around. "...," he whispered, moving in and crouching down next to KyuJong who was sprawled out unconscious in the hall.

SungMin's lips were thinned as he looked around the room. KiBum wasn't far from KyuJong, sprawled awkwardly in the corner. The whole building was silent. He could see someone else's feet by the kitchen entrance. "Is he still alive?" he whispered.

Feeling for a pulse, KyuHyun looked up and nodded before moving on to the next person. It didn't seem like there had been much of a fight, only a chair knocked over and some things knocked off the coffee table. A noise from the second floor got KyuHyun's attention and he looked towards the ceiling, hearing a scuffling noise. "Someone's up there," he hissed.

Gun out, SungMin went straight to the stairs. He didn't reply to KyuHyun, taking the stairs two at a time and avoiding stepping on someone slumped against the wall before disappearing into a room.

KyuHyun returned his attention to few people slumped over unconscious. There were no tell tale signs of anything that would have caused it, no bruises or blood anywhere. He went next to JungMin, feeling for his pulse and gently trying to rouse him. "JungMin?" he whispered.

The redhead groaned quietly, brow furrowing as he slowly started to come to. His eyes cracked open, vision blurry but slowly coming into focus.

"KyuHyun?" he whispered, feeling like he'd been drugged, speech clumsy and limbs barely responsive. "What's..."

"Hey, got here as soon as we could," KyuHyun said, glancing around at the others. KyuJong had made a small noise, the man starting to move a little. "Can you tell me what happened? Who did this?"

JungMin blinked slowly, turning his head to look around the room too. "I don't...I don't remember," he winced, slowly sitting up. His eyes widened as he did a double-take, looking around the room. "Where's YoungSaeng? He was right here."

"I don't know, there were noises upstairs, SungMin went to check it out," KyuHyun said, looking towards the stairs. Speaking of the assassin, he was taking a long time. "I'll be right back, don't try to move too much okay?" Making sure JungMin was stable, KyuHyun got back up to his feet and headed up the stairs. "SungMin, you okay?" he asked, slowly going up the stairs. The bedroom door was open, but it was too dark to see anything. He edged into the room when he reached the doorframe, peering inside.

SungMin was standing in the middle of the room, attention somewhere by the closet. He didn't notice KyuHyun's arrival as he turned around to face a figure cowering in the corner.

Expression unreadable, he pointed his gun at YoungSaeng and pulled the trigger.

YoungSaeng flinched at the impact, making a startled sound of pain as he looked down at the red stain that was slowly growing on the front of his shirt.

"...What?" KyuHyun's eyes widened as he watched YoungSaeng's head droop forward and go limp before looking back at SungMin. "What the  did you just do?"

"Oh my god, save me! He's going to kill us all!" A figure came out of the closet, KyuHyun recognizing him as Sunny's boyfriend but he couldn't remember the guys name.

Turning back to face the door, SungMin looked startled for a moment to see KyuHyun there before his expression settled back into indifference. "You." The gun was pointed towards Sunny's boyfriend, SungMin's finger poised on the trigger. "Hands up, and over here. Move away from the door, KyuHyun."

"Did... did you just kill YoungSaeng?" KyuHyun asked, confusion written all over his expression.

"He did, and he's going to kill me too," the boyfriend said, his hands sticking straight up into the sky. "Oh my god, we're going to die," he whined loudly.

Once the boyfriend was close enough, SungMin grabbed him by the back of his collar. He then turned the gun on KyuHyun. "What did you just see happen?" he said lowly.

KyuHyun's eyes narrowed at SungMin, fists clenching. "I saw you kill him, which means you were never on our side, and you used me to get to him. I trusted you."

There was no visible reaction to KyuHyun's words. "Should have known better. Now, move away from the door and face the wall."

"No, I'm not letting you leave," KyuHyun said. "You'll have to shoot me too."

SungMin's lips thinned, and he adjusted his grip on the gun to hold it to his hostage's temple instead. "I'll ask one more time. Away from the door, and face the wall."

"Please... please help me," Sunny's boyfriend whimpered, and KyuHyun could see the whites of his eyes he was so scared.

"I'm going to find you, and kill you myself," KyuHyun said lowly, moving away from the door and facing the wall. "Just don't hurt him, please."

SungMin didn't reply, pulling the boyfriend out of the room. Downstairs, the few people that were starting to wake up were in no condition to stop him as he left, bringing the other man with him.