Best laid plans

The Sworn

When KiBum and KyuJong arrived at JungMin's house the next day, it was to utter chaos. Almost everyone who was usually in the basement had transferred to the living room, and there was loud shouting and banging coming from the basement. Some of the kitchen chairs were knocked over, and there was a broken plate on the floor RyeoWook was busy cleaning up.

"…What's going on?" KiBum asked, wary of the answer as he closed the door behind them.

"Yixing's a little…uh…" RyeoWook looked alarmed.

"He's lost it," ChangMin supplied, not very helpful. The noise from the basement was in distinct Mandarin. "Zhou Mi's not letting him out of the basement until he calms down and stops trying to destroy everything."

"Does anyone know why?" KyuJong asked, moving to help RyeoWook clean up. "And if he doesn't keep his voice down JungMin's going to kill him."

"No, and frankly I don't care," HeeChul said from where he had taken over the couch. "He started screaming in the middle of the night, scaring the hell out of everyone. Geng nearly bit me!" He scowled at Han Geng who KyuJong had only seen out of the basement a handful of times. "Why aren't you helping calm down the nutcase so I can have my bed back?"

"You won't let go of me," the Chinese man pointed out. "And I'm not sure I want to get in the way of that." His concern was made even more valid when there was another bang from the basement.

"What the is going on down there?" The noise had been enough to even drag JungMin from YoungSaeng's bedside, the redhead standing at the top of the stairs.

"I'll take care of it Min, don't worry," KyuJong called, wincing slightly.

"That Chinese telepath is trying to kill us all!" HeeChul said, flicking at the back of Han Geng's head.

"He is not, shut up HeeChul," KyuJong hissed, leaving the mess in the kitchen and going to the stairs to the basement. "Mi? YiXing? Please come upstairs."

The shouting stopped for long enough for KyuJong's words to sink in, before Yixing hurried up the stairs. The telepath looked like he'd seen a ghost, hair tossled from pulling at it too many times. "Kuizhong, Kuizhong!" He grabbed at the older man's hands, reverting back to rapid-fire Mandarin.

KyuJong's eyebrows almost reached his forehead, eyes wide as saucers as he tried to understand. "Uhh... Mi? Help?" he looked at the taller Chinese man.

"I... Yixing lengjing xialai," Zhou Mi tried to get the telepath's attention. He asked a question, his tone calm and slow.

Yixing looked at Zhou Mi with wide eyes, not letting go of KyuJong's hands. His reply was fragmented past understanding, the telepath too worked up.

"What is he saying?" ChangMin looked at Han Geng.

"I…Even I'm not sure, I think he's talking about dreams," Geng rubbed his temple.

Yixing stopped, standing stock-still as he breathed in and out deeply. One trembling hand lifted and pointed at Sunny as he spoke each word slowly and carefully.

"What? What?" Sunny looked spooked by the whole thing.

Zhou Mi asked Yixing something, his expression serious as he looked between Yixing and Sunny. It seemed he got some sort of answer as he looked at KyuJong. "He says, he had a dream about HyungJoon."

"A dream? What kind of dream?" KyuJong asked, frowning slightly. "I don't understand."

"He isn't making a whole lot of sense right now," Zhou Mi shook his head. "But he keeps saying it over and over, seeing him in a dream."

"Good for him, I'm sure Sunny has dreams about him all the time," HeeChul said, clearly not impressed.

Whether he fully understood what HeeChul was saying or not, Yixing seemed to get he wasn't being taken seriously. "No! Bad snake-head!" He pointed at HeeChul before turning back to KyuJong.

"Kuizhong." He lifted both hands halfway towards KyuJong's head, not reaching for him completely. "Show, show you?"

KyuJong ignored HeeChul's reaction to being called 'bad snake-head', looking to Zhou Mi in confusion. "What does he want to show me?"

"His dream," Zhou Mi said. "He wants to show you the dream he had."

"But why?" KyuJong didn't understand. "It was just a dream, right?"

"He doesn't think so," Zhou Mi replied. "That's why he wants to show you, so you'll understand."

"...Okay," KyuJong took a deep breath, looking back at Yixing. "If he thinks it's that important, okay. Just please try not to fry my brain." Zhou Mi relayed that to Yixing, stepping back to give them room.

Once he got the okay, Yixing stepped forward. KiBum watched with a frown, out of the way, as the telepath placed his palms lightly over KyuJong's temples, closing his eyes.

For all his panic, Yixing started the images slowly, letting them filter into KyuJong's mind in fragments until they formed a whole picture.

They started outside, a deserted street corner with semi-familiar surroundings. The next picture was in front of a large, run-down building with the windows boarded up, but the boards over the door removed and lying in a pile on the ground.

The image fragmented and jarringly shifted into a different one again, everything dark save for a faint light. It looked like it was coming out from around the edges of a door. They looked down on HyungJoon huddled on the floor of a crushingly small space.


Yixing stepped back after showing KyuJong that image, lowering his hands.

KyuJong wavered slightly, a hand at his temple as he tried to process that. "What... How?" he looked up at Yixing. "How is that possible? Are you absolutely sure this is real?"

Waiting for the translation to come, Yixing seemed to finally calm down a bit, exhaling slowly. "Yes," he nodded once Zhou Mi asked him the question. "Where he is, we go?" He asked the same question he'd posed when they rescued ChangMin.

"What happened?" KiBum asked, brow furrowed.

"His dream, it was like a vision, showing HyungJoon," KyuJong said. "I don't know how, but if it's real, then we know HyungJoon is alive, and where he is." He turned back to Yixing, taking the telepath's hands. "Yes, we'll go. Need to plan first. Can you... sense him?"

Yixing's brow furrowed, and he shook his head slowly. "Very far," he said slowly. "I am not very strong."

"If it's a boost he needs, I can help," ChangMin pushed away from the wall.

"You know where HyungJoon is?" Sunny asked, eyes wide and hopeful.

"We think so," KyuJong nodded, giving Sunny a strained smile. "I recognize the building he's being held in. KiBum, can you call DongHae and have him and HyunJoong and KyuHyun meet us here? We're going to need a plan of action and get everyone in on it."

KiBum nodded, pulling out his phone and walking away to make the call.

JungMin had gotten to the bottom of the stairs, looking at KyuJong. "Do you have any other information about the place? Did you see anyone else there with him?"

"I... I didn't see anyone," KyuJong shook his head. "It's a building near the river, used to be some kind of... housing facility for chemicals. We've been there a few times trying to stop villains from stealing things, I think they eventually just shut it down."

"…I remember that place," JungMin nodded slowly. His eyes were conflicted as he looked up the stairs and back to the others. "Is everyone going?"

"No, the more people the more likely something disastrous would happen," KyuJong said. He noticed JungMin's hesitance, taking his hand. "You for one, will be staying here."

JungMin nodded slowly. "Yeah…okay. I hope that's to look after YoungSaeng and not a crack at my powers," he tried a smile.

"They're on their way here," KiBum said, finishing the phone call.

"Hey, we both know that if you were to come with us you'd be distracted," KyuJong said, squeezing his hand. "And that goes for you as well Sunny," he looked over at the girl. "I don't want you going with us. You'll stay here with Zhou Mi and Yixing, everyone else will be going."

"What? But I want to come along!" Sunny's eyes were wide. "I can help oppa, you know I can! I was a super hero once too!"

"I know," KyuJong sighed a little. "But like JungMin you'd be too distracted. If we're going to do this, I need everyone to have a level head and you won't be able to if HyungJoon is in harm's way."

"But…" Sunny slowly sat down on the couch, looking lost.

"…Who wants some breakfast," RyeoWook sighed, turning to go into the kitchen. "We might not be eating next for a while."

"We'll help," Zhou Mi said, steering Yixing in front of him and disappearing as well.

"Wait, he said everyone, does that mean us too?" HeeChul asked, pointing between himself and Han Geng. "You know, you're not my boss, I don't have to follow your orders if I don't want to!"

"I know you like pretending your heart is the size of a shrivelled pea, but come on hyung," ChangMin leaned around the corner.

"I want to go," Han Geng blinked at HeeChul.

"… You would," HeeChul wrinkled his nose at Han Geng.

"You do realize that we'll possibly be going in to face off against whoever it is that's killing super heroes, possibly ending all of this, right?" KyuJong said, crossing his arms.

"And likely getting us all killed in the process," HeeChul retorted, but his lips quirked slightly. "Okay, fine. Can't let you Sworn idiots get all the glory."

"Hey, we're not idiots," ChangMin retorted. "We're the best."

JungMin's lips quirked slightly before he turned to disappear back up the stairs.

"Yeah, best at hiding," HeeChul sniffed. KyuJong rolled his eyes at the impending argument. For the next while though, people were quiet as they talked amongst themselves, eating the breakfast RyeoWook had made. When the doorbell rang, KyuJong got up to answer, not surprised to see it was DongHae and HyunJoong with KyuHyun hovering in the background.

"Well?" HyunJoong asked once they were inside. "What's our plan?"

"We waited for you to get here before discussing it," KiBum replied, bringing chairs into the living room so they could all sit and talk.

"He's okay though?" DongHae asked. "You know where he is?"

"Yes, as far as we know he's okay," KyuJong nodded, waiting until everyone found seats. "If Yixing's dream is real, then he's at a warehouse near the river. In his dream, there wasn't anyone else there but we don't know for sure or not. There could be any number of people in that building, least of which being whoever it is that sent SungMin to kill YoungSaeng. I think our option right now is to divide into two teams. One team will get HyungJoon and get him to safety. The other team will go after the Voice, if that's even the person's name."

"How should we divide the teams?" RyeoWook asked, perched on the couch arm next to Zhou Mi.

"We should have at least two offensive abilities per team," KiBum frowned, looking at KyuJong.

"I can go in the team after HyungJoon, his ability doesn't do much right?" DongHae asked. "He'll need protection."

"Since I know where he is and Yixing won't be going with us, I'll lead the team to go get HyungJoon," KyuJong nodded. "DongHae, GyuRi and RyeoWook will go with me. The rest will search the building, find out who is there and neutralize them."

The others sitting around the living room nodded in agreement. "When?" ChangMin asked. "Do we wait for dark?"

"I can't see in the dark," RyeoWook grumbled.

"Maybe you should pick up an owl form," HeeChul said.

"Dark would be best, but also expected," KyuJong said. "I think we should go as soon as we can. Hit them while they think it's safe in the middle of the day."

"You stay in contact with here, right?" JungMin had returned to the bottom of the stairs, arms folded across his chest.

"Everyone has phones, shouldn't be a problem," DongHae straightened. "We ready then?"

"Soon, so don't get comfortable," KyuJong said. He noticed KyuHyun was shuffling anxiously nearby.

"Can I talk to you and JungMin a sec?" KyuHyun asked quietly and KyuJong nodded, motioning him towards the stairs. "Can we go upstairs and talk JungMin?"

"Sure," JungMin blinked, eyeing KyuHyun before turning to head back up the stairs. He went back into the bedroom; YoungSaeng was still unmoving on the bed, chest rising and falling slowly. "What's up?" He turned around to look at KyuHyun.

"Before I start, I want both of you to promise that you won't freak out on me," KyuHyun said, eyeing them both.

"Why would we freak out?" KyuJong shook his head. "Whatever it is, we won't freak out."

"Yeah, right," KyuHyun blew out some air, rubbing at the back of his head. "Last night after I left, I went to SungMin's apartment. I know, I know, stupid. But.... he was there, and I wasn't expecting it at all. He kept trying to tell me that HyungJoon wasn't who he says he is, that he was still helping us or whatever. I should have done something but I freaked and ran."

Arms folded across his chest, JungMin watched KyuHyun, brow furrowed. "Okay…so he lied to try and get back to where he could cause more trouble. Are you okay?"

"I guess so," KyuHyun nodded, not able to meet either of their eyes. "I just... he said something that really stuck with me. He said, if he'd been trying to kill YoungSaeng, then why didn't he? I mean his ability is perfect shots, he doesn't miss."

"He's missed before," KyuJong pointed out. "RyeoWook's still alive, SungMin missed him."

"Only because I electrocuted him," KyuJong said. "He was less than three feet away. He shouldn't have missed."

"We have about as much answers for that as we do for why we all suddenly passed out with no clear cause," JungMin shook his head. "Maybe he had a bad day." He wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth, because thanks to that miss, YoungSaeng was still alive. Even if he wasn't awake yet. "We'll have more time to think about this after we get HyungJoon back, he's our priority right now. And you've got to be prepared for the chance SungMin is wherever HyungJoon is being held."

"I know," KyuHyun nodded, looking down. KyuJong glanced at JungMin with a frown. He wasn't entirely sure KyuHyun should go with them considering the situation, but they needed everyone they could get.

"I know it may seem a ridiculous thing to say right now KyuHyun, but try not to let SungMin get in your head," KyuJong said quietly. "He will use any advantage he can right now to get at us again. He did so once with you, he probably thinks he can again. If you can't handle it, let us know now."

"I can handle it," KyuHyun said, looking up with determination in his expression. "I'm not letting him get to me, not again. I'll kill him."

JungMin clasped KyuHyun's shoulder lightly before stepping back. "Good luck out there…stay safe, both of you. And if you find that Voice guy, KyuHyun, fry his for me."

"You bet your I will," KyuHyun nodded. He spared a small glance to where YoungSaeng was still unconscious before leaving the room. 

"He's so conflicted," KyuJong murmured quietly once he was sure KyuHyun was gone. "It hurts to feel the emotions coming off of him right now." He looked over at JungMin with a sad smile. "I wish you were going with us, it would be like old times."

"Yeah, me blowing stuff up unnecessarily," JungMin rolled his eyes. "You don't need me out there. Just be careful, okay? I don't like it when I'm not there to watch your back."

"I'll be fine," KyuJong said, pulling JungMin into a light hug. "We'll be back before you know it, and you'll be jealous you missed all the fun."

Hugging KyuJong back tightly, JungMin released his best friend after a moment. "Don't take forever, or I'm coming in there after you," he smiled tightly, pushing KyuJong's shoulder.

"A couple hours, tops," KyuJong chuckled. He could hear loud noises coming from the lower level and he sighed. "Well, I think they're ready to go. Hopefully YoungSaeng will wake up soon to keep you company."

"That would be nice," JungMin smiled softly, looking back down at the unconscious precog. He sat down back in the chair by the bed, smoothing out the bed sheets and making sure YoungSaeng was comfortable.

"I'm surprised he hasn't woken up just from being stared at by now," KyuJong chuckled, heading towards the open door. When he got back down stairs, people were standing around, hyper anxious to get going. "We ready?" he asked, finding KiBum amongst the group.

"Yeah," KiBum nodded, brow furrowed. "I'm…not sure how useful I'll be on this. My powers aren't as strong during the day."

"The place we're going is plenty dark inside," ChangMin said, stretching out his arms. "Much to Wook's dismay. And I'll be there if you need a boost." KiBum nodded at that.

"We going?" DongHae was already by the door.

"Yes, we're going," KyuJong shooed everyone out. "Those that can get there faster, please do and scout for us."

"On it," KyuHyun's fingers traced over an electrical socket in the hallway and he was gone.

"How far is it?" HeeChul asked, pushing his sunglasses up.

"Far enough that we'll need to take vehicles," KyuJong said. "Wook, go scout out around the area, we'll meet you there okay?"

"Yes sir!" RyeoWook slipped out the front door and leapt off the top stair. His form shifted into a canary and he zipped off into the sky.

DongHae looked up at HyunJoong as they split up according to who had vehicles, and who had room. "You ready for this?" he smiled up at the other man as they headed to HyunJoong's car. HyunJoong's driver had been left behind this time, DongHae holding onto the car keys.

"Not particularly," HyunJoong said, opening up the passenger side door. He waved KyuJong and KiBum over to ride with them as they had room and HeeChul's car looked about full. "I don't care if you're invincible, don't intentionally put yourself in harm's way if you don't have to."

"That's the point of being invincible though," DongHae hopped into the driver's seat. "I take the hit so no one else has to. This is too important to worry about momentary pain." He waited for KyuJong and KiBum to climb in before starting the engine, smiling at them in the rear-view mirror. "Right Bummie?"

"I'm just glad you've stopped purposely getting yourself killed, so have fun," KiBum shook his head.

"I said if you don't have to," HyunJoong frowned. "If someone's shooting at you, run, don't make yourself a bigger target or do anything stupid."

"He's a super hero, it's what we do," KyuJong chuckled. 

"… I just don't want to find you still alive but in pieces," HyunJoong said, looking uncomfortable.

KiBum snorted quietly at that, looking out the window. "Okay…I can understand that. It's not fun piecing you back together, Hae."

"Shush, you," DongHae pointed back at KiBum before setting out on the road. "Do not put those images in my boyfriend's head." The idle chatter seemed to relax him a little, his fingers tapping lightly against the wheel.

"They were already there," HyunJoong said, shifting uncomfortably. "This is a first for me. Riding in a car with a bunch of super heroes going out to save the day. I can remember a time when the only way to get where we needed to go, we used rooftops."

"We're not kids anymore," KyuJong chuckled. "We're old, you'll likely fall and break a hip at your age."

"Yah, I'm not that much older than you," HyunJoong grumbled. "This just feels... wrong."

"Wrong how?" DongHae glanced at him. "Oh, I know! We're missing the costumes!"

"We'll have plenty of chances to use the costumes later, and they'd just stick out like sore thumbs for this," KiBum pointed out.

"You wouldn't be able to sit in a car with those gold wings," KyuJong said. "Why did you think those were a good idea anyway?"

"...Gold wings?" HyunJoong raised an eyebrow. "I thought you said your name was Goldfish?"

"They're clockwork wings," DongHae beamed. "You know, steampunk? I saw them and thought they looked cool. A fish suit doesn't look as cool in comparison."

"I'll talk him out of those one day," KiBum looked at KyuJong. "When he stabs himself on a wing one time too many. I doubt he's the only hero with a ridiculous outfit though."

"I've seen my fair share of bad costumes," KyuJong nodded. "Maybe one day I'll pull mine out of storage."

"I have to admit, you looked good in yours KyuJong," HyunJoong said, looking back over his shoulder at the younger man. "Spandex is a good look for you."

"Spandex?" KiBum raised an eyebrow at that, looking at KyuJong.

"What was your costume?" DongHae asked HyunJoong, most of his attention focused on the drive.

"Not spandex," HyunJoong said with a snort. "I was a villain. Villains wear big bulky coats with the collars turned up and top hats."

"Green spandex, to be exact," KyuJong grinned. "Hyun, quit lying. You wore black leather pants and a skimpy shirt. You wanted to show off your muscles."

"And when it got cold I wore a coat," HyunJoong replied. "And they were not skimpy shirts, they just happened to be tight on me."

"Sounds like a costume I'd like to see," DongHae grinned. "Not that I don't see your muscles anyways. KyuJong, it's just further up ahead, right?"

"Yes, a left at the light," KyuJong nodded, finding KiBum's hand and holding it tightly. "We'll need to park a block away or so, find out what RyeoWook and KyuHyun learned before we go charging in."

Nodding, DongHae waited for the light to turn green before taking the left. KiBum glanced at KiBum beside him, squeezing the hand in his own lightly as the atmosphere in the car turned tense again.

Confirming with KyuJong on the location again, DongHae eased the car to a stop around the corner from the building itself, parking on the side of the street and shutting off the engine. "We're here."

KyuJong opened up the car door and stepped out, seeing HeeChul's car parking just behind DongHae's. "We'll wait for RyeoWook and KyuHyun," he said, looking up to the sky to catch any sight of the bird shifter.

They'd all had time to gather on the sidewalk before the familiar canary appeared in the sky, dropping down to land on KyuJong's shoulder with a cheep. From there RyeoWook fluttered to a few feet away and retook his human form, landing on the ground.

"The place looks pretty abandoned," he said, frowning at KyuJong. "No guards, no people watching it. I saw someone in one of the rooms on the top floor, but other than that, I couldn't spot anyone."

"Doesn't anyone else find that a little weird?" HyunJoong said, arms crossed. "This stinks of a set up."

"Even if it is, we can't take the chance," KyuJong said. "If there is any possibility HyungJoon is there, we have to do this." A streetlamp nearby buzzed loudly, flickering on and off before KyuHyun appeared in the street with a shower of sparks.

"Found him. He was exactly where Yixing dreamed he was," KyuHyun said, panting slightly. "No one else was around, the whole place is deserted."

"Great!" DongHae looked relieved. "Let's go in there and get him."

"What about the other person?" RyeoWook asked, rolling his shoulders.

"We'll deal with him, and take him for questioning," KiBum looked at KyuJong.

KyuJong nodded in agreement. "He could very easily be an innocent in all this, so be careful," he said. "We'll meet back here, if we're not all back here in half hour, something's gone wrong."

"And if something does go wrong and someone doesn't show?" HyunJoong asked.

"We're not leaving anyone behind, if that's what you're getting at," KyuJong said. "Let's go."

"I think this is my first real mission," DongHae grinned, turning to head down the sidewalk. KiBum shook his head at his best friend, falling back to walk beside KyuJong.

"Be careful," he murmured, looking at his boyfriend.

"You too," KyuJong said, taking his hand and squeezing it lightly. It didn't take long to reach the building, the doors and windows dark and formidable looking. "DongHae, GyuRi and I will go around to the side door, it's easier to get to where HyungJoon is from there. KyuHyun, RyeoWook, you know where that other person inside is right? Find the easiest path to him and take him out as quickly as you can."

"Yeah, we got it," KyuHyun rolled his eyes. "That means HeeChul needs to keep his big mouth shut for ten minutes."

"KyuHyun, don't start," KyuJong hissed. "Half hour," he repeated to the group before motioning for DongHae and GyuRi to follow him to the side of the building.

DongHae smiled at HyunJoong before turning to follow GyuRi after KyuJong. 

RyeoWook disappeared into canary form and zipped into the open main door. He returned within seconds though, landing on KyuHyun's shoulder with a sullen cheep; the bottom floor of the building was too dark for him to navigate very far.

"You are going to need to be quiet," KyuHyun whispered to the bird, frowning slightly at him as he went first into the doorway. "We're going to a staircase at the end of this hall to the second floor," he said to the others with him. "Last I saw, the guy was in a room at the back of the building. KiBum, you'll have to subdue him, can you reach that far?"

KiBum's eyes narrowed as they entered the building, reaching out with his shadows. After a moment his brow furrowed. "The hallway leading up to him is flooded with light," he murmured. "I can't reach past it."

"If I boost you once we're closer, could you?" ChangMin whispered. Thinking about that, KiBum nodded.

"Okay, then that's what we'll do," KyuHyun replied, creeping down the hall to the stairs. He was not a natural leader, and somehow he ended up being in charge of these people. He hoped he didn't screw anything up, he would never forgive himself if something happened to any of them.

"Does it really take this many people to take down one person?" HyunJoong muttered under his breath.

"If you think you can do it by yourself you're welcome to," HeeChul said, sticking his tongue out at KyuHyun who shushed them both.

KiBum paused by the top of the stairs, seeing the light up ahead. He nodded to ChangMin, who closed his eyes in concentration.

The darkness around KiBum's feet thickened, and he exhaled slowly as his ability strengthened. He placed one hand against the wall, eyes narrowing as a thin strand of shadow slid down the hallway, followed by another.

As soon as he had his shadows past the hallway, the layout of the room beyond was open to him. KiBum's fingers twitched, and there was a shout of surprise and a thud. "Got him."

"Good, let's go," KyuHyun moved quickly down the hall to the room. "Wook, stay out here and keep an eye out. Chirp your head off if you see anyone coming." Nodding to the others, HyunJoong just behind him he opened the door he knew the man had been in and stepped in.

A stranger was face-down on the floor, arms and legs tied together with thick bands of shadow. He struggled against the bindings uselessly, panting as he looked up at them.

"Who are you?" He asked, voice deep and husky as he tried to push himself up without the use of his arms or legs.

"We'll be asking the questions," KyuHyun said. "Don't bother to struggle, it's not like you're going anywhere. So make this easy on yourself. Are you the one who is having super heroes killed? If you lie, we'll know."

"I don't know what you're talking about? How'd you even get in here?" The man's eyes searched the room nervously. KiBum folded his arms across his chest, expression blank as he leaned against the wall.

"We came in the front door," KyuHyun said, crouching down near him. There was no telling if this guy had any abilities. "Why are you here, and what do you know about HyungJoon?"

Eyeing KyuHyun, the man pressed his lips together and remained silent.

"He's not going to tell us anything the easy way," KiBum said.

"Good thing for us we have someone who can make him talk," KyuHyun said, straightening back up and nodding to HyunJoong.

HyunJoong moved away from the door and knelt down in front of the man on the floor, narrowing his eyes at him. "Who are you?" he asked, the sound of his voice thick and heavy as he repeated the question again and again. "Who are you?" the words echoed and tripped over each other.

The man's expression suggested he had been expecting the hypnosis and tried to fight it, but was unsuccessful as his eyes glazed over. "Kim JongWoon," he replied slowly.

There was no reaction from anyone in the room other than confusion, they'd never heard of this man before. HyunJoong kept his concentration, eyes narrowing slightly. "Why are you here JongWoon?"

JongWoon shuddered. "To…help him," he answered.

"Help who?" HyunJoong asked.

"HyungJoon."

The silence in the room was broken by KyuHyun's cell phone going off, the noise filling the echoing space.

KyuHyun nearly swore, jumping in surprise at the sound. Answering quickly, he turned away from where HyunJoong was still asking JongWoon questions. "JungMin? Everything okay?"

"No, you're all in danger!" JungMin's voice came across loud and clear, the redhead shouting. "The darkness is attacking, YoungSaeng says it's happening right NOW!"