An Old Enemy

The Sworn

 

chapter three             
✧✦An Old Enemy✦✧

 

"Okay, I'll talk to him once KyuHyun leaves okay?" KyuJong said. "If it seems like he won't listen then I'll take him home with me."

JungMin nodded after a moment. "Fine. Let's get this started." He pushed away from the wall to head back downstairs.

When they returned, YoungSaeng was still writing on the piece of paper, not even looking up. KyuHyun on the other hand had his arms crossed and was staring at them. "Okay, so someone want to explain why I'm here? I'm not getting anything out of him," he motioned to YoungSaeng.

"Well... we don't really know much ourselves just yet," KyuJong said, taking a seat across from him at the table. "Which is why I asked you here. Something is going to happen, but we don't know yet. Something very bad."

"Darkness is coming," YoungSaeng said, sipping at a glass of juice.

"He keeps saying that," KyuHyun frowned. "Is that a name or something? I haven't heard of anyone going by the name of 'Darkness' or anything."

"Well he keeps on calling you the spark and you don't exactly go by that either," JungMin sighed, hopping up onto the counter rather than approach the table. "So maybe someone with a name similar to 'Darkness'. Some new arch-nemesis or whatever. I want to know why, with all the superheroes running around, he seems to think the Sworn specifically have to get involved."

"Well... it is part of his ability to see the future," KyuJong said, watching YoungSaeng. "If he sees it in our future, then I guess it is?"

"Sworn to protect," YoungSaeng said, looking up again. "You protect, Sworn protect. Old, new, together. Have to find the shadow, and the fish. Sworn."

KyuHyun and KyuJong exchanged confused glances and both looked to JungMin. "Okay, I've met some pretty cracked precogs before, but this guy is bonkers."

"If you think he's been any clearer with me, you're mistaken," JungMin wrinkled his nose. "Most precogs have at least mastered full sentences. I don't know if you want to find Sunny and GyuRi...do either of you even know where they are?"

"I have numbers for them in case of emergencies," KyuJong said. "But I don't think we should contact them just yet, we need to find out more. YoungSaeng has pointed out things to us already, like pointing me in both of your directions. He hasn't mentioned anything about the girls yet, because 'shadow' and 'fish' doesn't really fit either of them."

"The sun and star," YoungSaeng smiled and hummed a little to himself. "Not sworn, they have names now."

"...I have no idea what you mean by that, but I'll take it we don't have to get them involved," JungMin eyed YoungSaeng before frowning. "Has he said anything...about...nevermind. I can't think of anyone I know who would fit 'shadow' or 'fish' either."

YoungSaeng looked at KyuHyun, frowning at him. "You need to go now."

"... I just got here," KyuHyun blinked at YoungSaeng. "And you can't tell me what to do."

"Leave, now," YoungSaeng said more firmly. "Or you'll miss it."

"Miss what?" KyuHyun looked to KyuJong and JungMin for clarification but he was obviously not going to get anything there. YoungSaeng latched onto his sleeve, making KyuHyun jump.

"Don't let him so close, he's dangerous," YoungSaeng whispered, his eyes wide. "Go, now."

"You really need to work on being more specific," JungMin grumbled, hopping off the counter. "Better go, or he'll just get more insistent." He looked between KyuJong and YoungSaeng, before returning his gaze to KyuHyun. "If you find out anything, don't forget to stop by." He headed towards the door to let KyuHyun out.

"Wait, hold on," KyuHyun hadn't moved yet, frowning at YoungSaeng. "Don't let who close?"

"Oh... it's too late," YoungSaeng's shoulders dropped. "The next time, yes. One more chance, that's all."

"That wasn't an answer," KyuHyun grumbled, getting to his feet. "Okay, you win, I'm leaving. Just met the guy and he's already pushing me around. Maybe he gets that from you," he said, following JungMin to the door.

"Hey! At least I give you straight answers." JungMin turned around to cuff KyuHyun lightly off the head. He unlocked the door. "See you around, Sparky."

"You keep calling me Sparky and I'm going to make sure the street light outside your window blinks forever," KyuHyun said, hitting JungMin back.

"Yeah yeah, out," JungMin motioned KyuHyun out of the house, closing and locking up after him. He frowned at the closed door, turning to head back into the other room. "Well?"

"Well I don't know if that went well or not," KyuJong said. "But it was nice to see KyuHyun again. Did you know he's working for HyunJoong's company?"

JungMin stopped, blinking repeatedly. "...Say that again, what? HyunJoong? What's he doing working for him?" He scowled.

"Keeping an eye on him, or so he says," KyuJong chuckled. "I don't know, I don't think he believes that HyunJoong gave up his old ways."

"I don't believe it either, he gave us too much trouble," JungMin grumbled, hopping back onto the counter. "What if he's part of whatever's going on? KyuHyun could be in trouble."

"According to you, that would be KyuHyun's problem," KyuJong said, watching him. "KyuHyun can take care of himself."

"...Yeah," JungMin looked away. "Well? Did you talk to the precog?"

"...No? Haven't really had the chance," KyuJong said, frowning slightly. "Why don't you go spend some time alone and I'll come find you when I'm done okay?"

"Okay," JungMin nodded, turning away from them both. He headed upstairs, disappearing into his room.

For a long time he just sat on his bed, looking down at his hands. Even if the last thing he wanted was to get involved in all this again, he was already starting to fall back into old habits. Referring to the group of heroes that once patrolled the streets of Seoul as 'us' instead of 'them'.

Slipping down to kneel on the floor, he pried up a loose floorboard by the foot of his bed. He placed it to the side, reaching into the small crevice to pull out a large box, blowing off the dust. His fingers smoothed over the symbol carved into the wood.

It was close to an hour before there was a light tapping on the door, KyuJong calling JungMin's name before he opened the door slowly. "Hey... I think I got through to him... what are you doing?"

"Nothing." JungMin placed the box back into the hole in the floor, covering it again. "Just thinking. And, is he going to try to behave?" He stood up.

"He said he will," KyuJong nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. "He seems... pretty lucid right now. Do you want to try to have a normal conversation with him?"

"By normal conversation you mean staying away from the Sworn and whatever's going on, right?" JungMin asked, frowning.

"Yes, I made him some tea and he's been pretty rational," KyuJong said. "He's struggling to hold on to it, which makes me wonder if he didn't have control at some point and lost it."

"Anything's possible," JungMin folded his arms across his chest. "How much do we know about the guy?"

"We know his name," KyuJong said, shaking his head. "And that he has a precognition ability... and someone hurt him pretty bad. He won't really talk to me about what happened to him or where he came from."

"I doubt we'll find out anything unless he was an active hero or something before." JungMin sighed, stepping towards the door. "Let's go talk to him then. How much longer are you here for?"

"I can stay for a while," KyuJong said. "Overnight if you need me to. I don't really have a reason to go back home until tomorrow."

"I'd appreciate that, there's only one bed though," JungMin's lips quirked. "I can take the couch. Not used to having other people here."

"Maybe we should get you a guest mattress or something," KyuJong chuckled. "And I've stayed over here before... though it's been a while since I've had to do that."

"Yeah." JungMin looked back at him before slinging his arm lightly over KyuJong's shoulders, steering him out of the room. "I do miss having you over for longer periods of time than just what it takes to make food and confirm I haven't killed your flowers."

"To be fair, for a while there it didn't seem like you wanted me around at all," KyuJong said, leaning into the embrace as they walked. "It's only been recently that you even asked me to stay longer. I think you're making progress."

"As long as you stop talking like I'm some sort of mental patient," JungMin pinched KyuJong's side. "Now you have a real mental patient to mother over."

KyuJong tried to surpress the squeak that came out because of the pinch, swatting at JungMin's arm. "You're not a mental patient, and neither is he. Can I help it if I just worry about you? We were really close once Min and then... well I just want us to get back there one day."

"I know." JungMin's grip tightened slightly before he let go to head downstairs towards the dining room where they'd left the precog. "YoungSaeng?"

YoungSaeng was still sitting at the table, the scribbled over paper in front of him. He looked up when he heard his name and he gave a small smile. "Hi... I'm... sorry about earlier."

KyuJong gave JungMin a supportive smile before he pulled away to sit down next to YoungSaeng. "Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes..." YoungSaeng nodded, looking from KyuJong to JungMin. "Much better... thoughts clearer."

"Good," JungMin nodded, stepping over to the table and leaning against it. "Need more paper? Looks like you ran out of room." Not that he could understand what was written anyways.

"Not right now... no," YoungSaeng shook his head. "There was... too much. Couldn't... process. Couldn't think." He looked at JungMin with a solemn expression. "I bother you. Try not to."

The redhead sighed, sitting down across from him. "Listen...I'm not going to kick you out. I just really, really don't like being called anything but my real name. If you can just do that, I'll try not to let the rest get to me. Sound like a deal?"

That seemed to confuse YoungSaeng, his expression looking strained. "Need explain... to me, you are not JungMin... most of the time. When thoughts are cloudy, I see you as who you really are... not JungMin."

"But he really is JungMin, that's his name," KyuJong said.

"But not who he is," YoungSaeng repeated, shaking his head. "Not to me when I... can't think straight."

"Is it so hard to just call me JungMin?" JungMin frowned. "Whatever you see me as, isn't what I want to be called. Not anymore. You can even just call me 'hey, you' if you want to."

"Not anymore..." YoungSaeng shook his head, leaning back. "No, not past... future. Who you are in the future. It's where I live.. not present, but future. Hard to... put two together." It was clear he was becoming agitated, picking up the pen and scribbling on the table. "Trying to... present... stay."

"Okay, okay," JungMin looked at KyuJong for help; he wasn't good with this stuff. "Focus on us, right now. Did any other precogs ever have this much trouble staying in the present?" JungMin asked KyuJong.

"I haven't met that many, but no," KyuJong said, watching YoungSaeng. "Most that I have met only saw certain things in the future, certain moments. If what he says is true, he sees everything that's going to happen, and everything that could possibly happen. That's a lot to process."

"There isn't a way to block it off, give him some rest?" JungMin frowned. "I mean, we...most of us can keep our powers voluntary."

"I don't know, my abilities are so limited," KyuJong said. "YoungSaeng? Do you want to try?" he asked, getting the other man's attention. "I can try to help."

"Help... all say help," YoungSaeng said, looking away. "Darkness say help, darkness hurt... don't want to hurt."

"But you know that I won't hurt you," KyuJong said softly. "Right?"

YoungSaeng's pen stilled and he slowly set it back down onto the table. "Want... want it to stop. Want peace... want the present."

JungMin watched, chewing on his lower lip. He wanted to help too, but this was well out of his field of expertise which wasn't that large to begin with. He shifted in the seat though, ready to get up and help with...something.

"Kyu, if you need me to do something, tell me," he said quietly.

"Just stay quiet," KyuJong said. "I don't even know if this will work, but have to try." Turning to YoungSaeng, he took one of the man's hands. He touched his fingers to YoungSaeng's forehead and closed his eyes. "So... much pain," he whispered, brow furrowing. "So... confused, so many thoughts. I... I can't... I can't..." KyuJong's face contorted in pain, crying out as he broke the connection.

YoungSaeng wasn't faring much better, slumping over when he was released and panting heavily. "I'm not strong enough," KyuJong said, opening his eyes. "He needs someone with stronger telepathic abilities than I have."

Eyes wide, JungMin got up to stand behind KyuJong. "You okay?" he murmured, rubbing the older man's back lightly. "That's...pretty bad if you can't take care of it." He glanced at YoungSaeng, wondering what had happened to the man if he hadn't always been in this state. "Are you okay, YoungSaeng?"

"Fine... will be fine," YoungSaeng whispered. "Appreciate trying, too far gone."

"You're not too far gone," KyuJong said. "I won't give up. You won't give up either will you JungMin?"

JungMin looked down at KyuJong with a frown, thumbs rubbing slow circles behind the older man's neck. "...No, I won't. We'll find someone who can help you, there's bound to be someone in the city."

"Maybe you should get some sleep now YoungSaeng," KyuJong said. "I think the rest will help."

YoungSaeng nodded, rubbing lightly at his forehead. "Sleep... dreams easier," he said. "Think easier after sleep."

"Need help getting upstairs?" JungMin asked, stepping back away from KyuJong.

"No, can make it," YoungSaeng said, slowly getting to his feet. "Thank you."

KyuJong watched him make his way up the stairs, waited until he heard the door closing before looking at JungMin with a sad smile. "Doesn't seem like we'll be able to stay out of this, no matter what we want to do."

"Seems like it...damn," JungMin slumped down into his seat. "KyuHyun's still pissed at us too, or at me at least."

"He'll get over it," KyuJong said with a smile. "Maybe doing this one last thing will help him forgive us."

"Or just get him more ticked off when he realizes we still have no intention of being active again," JungMin rolled his eyes, resting his chin on the table. "At least we don't have to bother the girls, I doubt they'd appreciate it."

"About as much as you do," KyuJong said. "I really do appreciate your help Min. I don't think I could handle this without you."

JungMin looked up at KyuJong through his bangs, lips quirking slightly. "Consider it a 'thank you'," he murmured, stretching out his arms across the table and closing his eyes.

"You look exhausted, maybe you should get some sleep," KyuJong said, patting JungMin's hand. "You want me to stay over in case there's an incident over night?"

"I'd appreciate it, but you don't have to, you work in the morning," JungMin yawned, turning his head slightly. "Can't sleep anyways, have to work. What's going to happen?"

"Don't know, I'm not the one who can see the future," KyuJong chuckled. "I can stay, it's not a problem. Maybe I'll take a few days off from the shop, help you out around here."

"Can you afford to do that?" JungMin sat up, rubbing at his eyes and getting up to make a pot of coffee.

"Yes, I can afford it," KyuJong said, watching him. "I'm not so destitute that I'm scraping by. I can afford to take a few days off to help... this is my mess after all, shouldn't leave you to take care of it by yourself. Besides, I want to spend some time with you."

Blinking, JungMin looked over his shoulder at the older man. His lips quirked after a moment. "Well...I won't turn you away. Though you might be pretty bored when we're not trying to stop YoungSaeng from writing on the ceiling."

"How can I be bored? You and I used to talk for hours," KyuJong said, smiling warmly at him. "At least I can run errands if you need anything, and don't have to wait a week to see me again."

"Yah, I managed," JungMin chuckled, setting up a pot. "Coffee, or are you crashing?"

"I'll have some coffee, unless you don't want me interrupting your work," KyuJong said, stretching out his arms.

"I answer the phone if it rings, not much to interrupt," JungMin rolled his eyes. "At least you're not trying to shove scribbles in my face while I'm on the phone."

"Hopefully he'll sleep for a few hours then," KyuJong chuckled. "I'll keep you company, how about that?"

"Sounds perfect," JungMin grinned, disappearing into the living room to make sure his computer was on and logged into the system. He did miss KyuJong's company, more than he let on. He didn't know what he'd do with the older man to keep him on track, and remind him every now and then that yes, he was still alive.

KyuJong joined him a few minutes later when the coffee was ready, bringing out cups for them both. "I don't think I've ever seen you do your work, how often do you get calls?" he asked, pulling up one of the chairs to sit next to him at the computer.

"A handful of times per night," JungMin shrugged. "I don't really care either way, I'm paid per hour I'm on the phones." He rolled slightly to one side so KyuJong could move closer. "I just usually play games and stuff while waiting." Picking up his headset, he slipped it on and adjusted the mic.

"Sounds exciting," KyuJong chuckled, curling up in the chair with his cup of coffee. "The offer is always open if you want to come work with me... be around flowers every day, don't have to talk to people if you don't want to."

"I'm not sure," JungMin exhaled, glancing towards the window at the darkness outside. "I don't want to run into anyone I know."

"Like who?" KyuJong blinked, tilting his head to the side. "It's been so long Min... who would even recognize you anymore?"

"I don't know. I just...maybe I'm being paranoid," JungMin scrubbed his face with one hand. "I'm fine here, right now. This is giving me enough money to get by."

"I know we've talked about this before, and I know full well what your answer is..." KyuJong said, sighing a little. "But you can't live the rest of your life shut inside. It was an accident Min."

"It wasn't just an accident, KyuJong," JungMin snapped, looking to one side. He knew this was going to come up eventually. "I killed him, and all those people I was supposed to be saving. What kind of hero does that?"

"A hero who is human," KyuJong said quietly. "It could have happened to any one of us... it doesn't make you a bad person, or a villain. You don't need to keep holding yourself hostage like this."

"I was never a hero to begin with Kyu, just a liability," JungMin shook his head, leaning back in his seat and closing his eyes. "This is my choice, it's better for everyone this way."

"I never thought you were a liability," KyuJong shook his head. "What if YoungSaeng is right, that you aren't done with being ShatterWave like you want? What if you're needed again?"

"All the real superheroes out there...you won't need me," JungMin shook his head. "I'll help out behind the scenes if I have to, but I'm done with the rest." He opened his eyes, head tilted back to look at KyuJong. "Why can't I just be 'JungMin', why is it so hard?"

"Because no matter where we go, our other selves will always be what people want more," KyuJong said with a wry smile. "You'll always be JungMin to me. Does that help?"

The redhead's lips curled softly. "...Yeah. It does." He sat up after a moment, sipping at his coffee before he could fall asleep. "You were always Kyu to me...which got confusing between you and KyuHyun by the way, remember he would always reply thinking I was talking about him?"

"Yeah, and then get so mad when you weren't," KyuJong chuckled. "He's always been so temperamental, sometimes worse than you."

"It kept things interesting," JungMin rolled his eyes. "Not everyone could be kind and perfect like you and sunshine." He clicked around his computer, opening a web browser to look through the news. "For some reason he doesn't like the nickname I gave him. I don't know why, at least he can tell I'm talking about him."

"He has always tried to be professional," KyuJong said. "So young and so serious all the time. Maybe one day he'll lighten up."

"If it hasn't happened by now, I'm doubting it." JungMin scrolled along the page, before something made him stop and scroll back up. "...Hey...what's this?"

Bank heist foiled, the Sworn credited.

"What's what?" KyuJong asked, leaning closer to the screen. "Huh.... there's something I haven't seen in a while. KyuHyun must be busy."

JungMin clicked on the link, bringing up the story. "No...haven't seen that name in a while. Says it was this...just a few hours ago, actually. He didn't say anything about it."

"A few hours ago he was at work," KyuJong frowned, scanning over the lines of text. "Wait, it says the two members of the Sworn declined comment. KyuHyun definitely would have mentioned taking on a partner."

"Or if one of the other two came back." JungMin blinked, glancing at KyuJong beside him. "I think we have some questions for him next time he shows up."

"it makes me kind of wonder about what YoungSaeng said... about the Sworn coming back," KyuJong said, returning JungMin's look.

JungMin frowned, pushing back into his chair and messing up his hair. "This is going to drive me crazy. Nothing we can do with the precog asleep and Sparky not here. Do you know how to contact him?"

"Other than showing up at his work, no," KyuJong shook his head. "I don't have any contact information for him. He changed his number not that long ago and I don't have it. Someone will have to go tomorrow to talk to him."

 

 


'Someone' turned out to be JungMin, which was a miracle on it's own. He rarely left his house if he didn't have to. But YoungSaeng, shortly after waking up that morning, had decided the walls made as good a parchment as paper did, and then hit JungMin off the nose with the pen when the redhead tried to stop him. KyuJong decided JungMin needed time to cool off before he killed the precog, and said he'd clean up the mess on the walls while JungMin went to tell KyuHyun what was going on.

It had seemed like a good idea at the time, but walking down the street following the directions KyuJong had given him reminded JungMin he hadn't ventured farther than the corner store in a year. Glancing around through his long bangs, he ducked his head while crossing the street and finally arrived at the building KyuHyun worked in.

Stepping off the elevator, he glanced around the office and headed down the rows of cubicles towards the back windows. When he found the person he was looking for, he tapped KyuHyun off the shoulder.

It wasn't JungMin's fault, but KyuHyun was beyond irritated that day already. Between SungMin pestering him and the deadline that he missed a couple of hours ago, he was in a sour mood. Sighing heavily and slamming his keyboard tray into the desk, he snapped. "What?!"

Jumping back a foot, JungMin blinked at the back of KyuHyun's head. Now everyone in the office was staring at them, something he did not like. "Okay, fine, you're in a pissy mood, I'll come back later," he held up his hands and turned around to leave.

Well that didn't sound like SungMin at all. KyuHyun turned around, eyes wide. "JungMin?" he asked, not really believing it was him. "What are you doing here? Out of the house?"

"To ask you a question since no one had your number," JungMin looked back at KyuHyun. "If this isn't a good time though, I'll come back when you're not going to take my head off."

"No, wait," KyuHyun got up, shaking his head and holding up his hands. "I'm sorry, it's been a rough day. We can go somewhere to talk if you want?"

"Yeah." JungMin eyed the people watching them, some of them jumping and turning back around, though he knew they were still all-ears. "After you."

"Come on," KyuHyun nodded down the hall to a door. "We can talk in one of the conference rooms. Just let me know if you see a rat faced following us."

"Rat faced ?" JungMin raised an eyebrow, following KyuHyun as they walked towards the door. "Who the hell's that?"

"SungMin," KyuHyun grumbled. "HyunJoong's little plaything. He's always bothering me and I can't fry his like I want to."

"HyunJoong, huh," JungMin's eyes narrowed. "Don't get why you're working for him of all people."

"Because someone needs to keep an eye on him," KyuHyun said, glancing back at JungMin. He failed to notice someone coming out from around the corner, nearly bowling them over.

"Keep an eye on who?" HyunJoong asked, crossing his arms. "Well, look who we have here. I thought you had locked yourself inside and threw away the key. Finally rejoining the real world, JungMin?"

Eyes widening, JungMin clenched his jaw at the new arrival. "You should count yourself lucky I did, or your would be in prison where it belongs," he growled lowly, pointing at HyunJoong.

"And you right there with me, right?" HyunJoong smirked. "How many civilians were on that bus again? I forget."

"Is this really the right time for this?" KyuHyun hissed, taking JungMin by the arm. "Come on, Min, let's go," he glared at HyunJoong, pulling JungMin towards the empty room.

Skin ashen, JungMin would have probably punched HyunJoong if it weren't for KyuHyun grabbing his arm. "Watch yourself HyunJoong, someday you're going to get what's coming," he snapped, letting KyuHyun drag him away. "And I'll be there to see it!"

"Maybe, if they let you out of your cage," HyunJoong said, watching them go. KyuHyun glared back at HyunJoong, pushing JungMin into the room before he could retaliate and closed the door.

JungMin kicked the table before dropping into a chair. "Bastard...he hasn't changed at all." He ran a shaking hand through his hair, messing it up even more.

"No, he hasn't," KyuHyun said, sitting down across from him. "Which is why I'm keeping an eye on him. You okay?"

"No." JungMin breathed in deeply, closing his eyes. After a long moment he sat up straight again, looking towards KyuHyun. "The Sworn's all over the news. You didn't tell us anything about a bank robbery last night, or a new partner."

"What?" KyuHyun blinked at that. "What bank robbery? I don't have a partner, what are you talking about?"

The redhead looked at him in confusion. "You...seriously don't know? Three hours before you showed up at my place, there was some bank hold-up downtown. Only the robbers were taken care of before they did any damage. There were two people there claiming to be the Sworn."

KyuHyun's brow furrowed at that. "I don't know anything about it," he said, his hands clenching slightly. "But I'll find out who's using our name, and kick their asses."

"Good to know you've got that covered," JungMin rolled his eyes. "At least they're giving you a good rep. Maybe one of the other groups playing a joke or something."

"Doubt it, no one is stupid enough to use our name as a joke," KyuHyun said. "Not when I'm still using it."

"Don't know why you don't just use your own name at this point," JungMin rubbed one hand over his face. "Oh, did you figure out whatever YoungSaeng was babbling about missing something?"

"Huh? Oh... no, no idea," KyuHyun shook his head. "He seemed really upset about it though, hope it wasn't something too important." He stopped, tilting his head slightly as he looked at JungMin. "So what finally got you out of the house was a crazy precog hobo."

"To be more specific, a crazy precog hobo writing all over the walls and throwing pens around," JungMin groaned. "KyuJong seemed to think me coming here was the best idea, but I'd rather deal with YoungSaeng than that idiot." He pointed at the door.

"You know he was just trying to rattle you," KyuHyun said with a small sigh. "That's all he was ever good at; talking. Honestly I'd rather deal with him than his boy toy."

"Give him a good zap, he'll leave you alone," JungMin snorted. "How troublesome can he be?"

"About as troublesome as your new roommate," KyuHyun muttered. "He's in my space all the time and it's not like I'm going to complain to HyunJoong about it. I bet he encourages it, so if I complain he'll kill me, or worse, fire me."

"Good to know you have your priorities straight." JungMin stood. "That was all I had to ask you about, and since staying here is inviting him to come back, I think I'll get going. Oh, we need your cell number."

"Oh, right," KyuHyun pulled out his wallet and handed JungMin one of his business cards. "I'll let you guys know if I find anything about the so called Sworn."

"Yeah, or anything related to whatever YoungSaeng was babbling," JungMin nodded, taking the card and slipping it into his pocket. "See you around." He turned to the door, pulling it open.

He didn't get that far, someone colliding with him right outside the door. JungMin pinwheeled his arms and braced himself against the wall to stay upright: SungMin tripped on the redhead's feet and fell onto his with a yelp.

"Oh for... are you spying on us?" KyuHyun got up, glaring at SungMin. "You know I'd tell HyunJoong he should tie you up and leave you in his office but you'd probably like it."

"Ow..." SungMin looked up at him. "He does that anyways. I wasn't spying, I was walking by, is the hallway off-limits now?" He hopped back to his feet, looking between JungMin and KyuHyun. Then he raised an eyebrow. "Locked in a back room with a cute guy? Wow Kyunnie, I didn't think you had it in you."

"Never you mind what I'm doing and who with," KyuHyun said, kicking at his shin. "Now would you get out of the way so we can leave?"

"Can you at least deny we were doing anything?" JungMin blinked at KyuHyun.

SungMin side-stepped the kick easily. "You know, I could have suggested a more comfortable spot for you KyuHyun. No offense, but standing next to him you don't really look like a top."

KyuHyun's expression twisted into a glower. "At least I'm not someone's bottom ," he snarled.

Luckily for them both HyunJoong appeared, snagging SungMin by the neck with his elbow. "I thought you were waiting for me in my office," he said tersely, eyeing KyuHyun and JungMin as he spoke to SungMin.

"I was on my way there," SungMin blinked up at HyunJoong, his innocent face back on. "Ran into people, very literally." He seemed oblivious to the tense atmosphere as JungMin glowered at HyunJoong the same way KyuHyun was glaring at SungMin.

"Then go, I'll be right there," HyunJoong said, releasing his grip. "It was nice seeing you again JungMin. I hope we get to see more of your... explosive personality around here again."

JungMin held back a growl, shoving past them. "Be careful what you wish for." He jostled HyunJoong's shoulder on the way by, stalking towards the elevator. SungMin waved cheerfully at KyuHyun behind HyunJoong's back before heading off to HyunJoong's office and disappearing inside.

HyunJoong and KyuHyun didn't speak to each other, exchanging neutral expressions as HyunJoong followed SungMin to his office and KyuHyun went after JungMin to make sure he didn't get lost on the way out. All in all, it could have gone worse, but KyuHyun wished it would have gone better. JungMin getting out of his house for any reason was a good thing, and KyuHyun hoped it was just the beginning.