Sunshine in all the Wrong Places

The Sworn

"Oh... no," KyuJong's heart sank when someone took Sunny's hand and joined her at the door. Shorter than himself with dark brown hair and too big of eyes, the man gave a small smirk to KyuJong.

"Hi, I'm HyungJoon," the man said, bowing to KyuJong. "SoonKyu's told me a lot about you."


KyuJong bowed back, though he looked at Sunny with a frown. "Nice to meet you as well... Sunny, can I talk to you privately for a moment?"

"Of course," Sunny smiled, the tension in the smile showing she knew she was in trouble. "We'll be right back," she squeezed HyungJoon's hand before letting go. "Is there...I don't know where we can talk."

"Upstairs," JungMin nodded towards the stairs before disappearing into the kitchen, which was empty of people for the moment.

KyuJong ushered Sunny up the stairs, checking the bedroom to make sure YoungSaeng wasn't sleeping or anything before letting her in and closing the door behind them. "What the hell is he doing here Sunny?" he hissed, crossing his arms. "I thought you were going to send him away?"

"I'm sorry, oppa," Sunny looked down. "I tried to keep from him what was going on, but he knew something's wrong in the city and guessed. And he...he told me something he was hiding from me the whole time we were dating...he has an ability too. That means he might be targeted even if he leaves the city, right?"

"He... has a power?" The heat from KyuJong's voice disappeared and he sat down on the bed. "Sit down, let's start over. When did you find this out?"

Sunny sat down next to him, head down and wringing her hands in her lap. "When I was trying to convince him to leave the city...he let it slip by accident while we were arguing."

KyuJong looked puzzled at that, reaching over to put his hands around Sunny's. "So you agreed to bring him here? Why didn't you call me and let me know? I would have warned JungMin, who by the way, is going to kill me now."

"I'm sorry oppa, I know I should have called, I panicked. I didn't know, and he could have been attacked at any point." She looked up at KyuJong, wide eyes teary. "I apologized to JungMin oppa, he's really mad at me and I deserve it."

"He's not mad at you, there is literally no one alive who could ever get mad at you," KyuJong said softly. "You're afraid of what could happen to him, we get that. It'll be okay, you're both safe now."

"Oh, thank you," Sunny wrapped her arms around KyuJong in a tight hug, burying her face against his shirt. "I'm really, really sorry...I'll make it up to you, I'll do whatever I can to help."

"I know you will," KyuJong said, returning the hug and kissing the top of her head lightly. When he looked up, he blinked at seeing YoungSaeng seated on the other end of the bed. The door was still closed, so how had he gotten in? "Uh... hi Saeng," he said, pushing Sunny slightly back.

"Hi," YoungSaeng said, looking between the two of them in confusion. "Why is sunshine here?"

"Oh...you must be the one with precognition," Sunny blinked, wiping her eyes before turning to smile at YoungSaeng. "My fiance and I will be staying here...if JungMin oppa doesn't kick us out."

That seemed to puzzle YoungSaeng, his eyebrows knitting slightly as he looked at KyuJong. "They're not supposed to be here."

"Well they are, you said yourself that there was a new series of visions," KyuJong said. YoungSaeng didn't reply to that, standing up and going back to the open window and crawling out. "He's... a very strange person," KyuJong said quietly, patting Sunny's back lightly.

"I think we should be used to strange people," Sunny smiled sadly, looking back at KyuJong. "What now?"

"Now we go talk to JungMin and your boy," KyuJong said, getting to his feet and holding out his hands to her. "You're sure about him right?"

"I am," she took KyuJong's hands and stood. "He's sweet and kind...I hope you'll approve of him. Though I was hoping you'd meet under better circumstances."

"Me too, but nothing about our lives are ever good circumstances," KyuJong said, opening the door and letting Sunny go through first.

As they headed back downstairs, they found KiBum keeping HyungJoon company in the living room. JungMin hadn't left the kitchen, and from the noise downstairs everyone else was being confined to the basement for the moment. Sunny went to sit down next to HyungJoon, taking her fiance's hand.

"Everything okay?" HyungJoon asked, looking between Sunny and KyuJong worriedly.

"Yes, everything is fine," KyuJong said, sitting down on the arm of the chair KiBum was in. "Just wanted to clear some things up with Sunny is all. So, why don't you tell us about yourself HyungJoon? How did you and Sunny meet?"

"Oh... that's..." HyungJoon flushed, looking down at his and Sunny's hands. "It's kind of embarrassing. I was... kind of stalking her."

"He was the clumsiest stalker I've ever seen," Sunny sighed affectionately, shaking her head. "Remember when I was working in that small cafe? He always came by during my shift, and we'd talk."

"It was silly and stupid, but she was just so pretty and nice," HyungJoon said, looking at Sunny with a smile. "Took me a while, but I finally got up the courage to ask her out... and she turned me down."

KyuJong laughed at that. "Somehow doesn't surprise me."

"Next time though, she said yes," HyungJoon said. "Been together ever since."

"Best time of my life," Sunny returned HyungJoon's smile, before pouting. "Though I'm still mad at you for not telling me before you had an ability, like maybe when you found out about mine."

"Well.. I..." HyungJoon floundered, looking absolutely sheepish. "I didn't think it was... necessary? I mean, I don't really use it or anything, and most of the time I kind of forget I have it."

"What is your ability, if you don't mind me asking?" KyuJong asked, tilting his head slightly at him. The two were adorable together, he had to admit that.

"It's really silly, and not even worth calling an ability," HyungJoon said, squirming in his seat. "Okay, watch." Touching a finger to the green fabric of the couch, he then turned and touched the same finger to the coffee table in front of them. Almost instantly, the table turned from brown to the green of the couch. "I can... transpose colors. Like I said, kind of useless."

"I think it's cute," Sunny smiled, squeezing HyungJoon's hand. "Though you might want to turn it back before JungMin oppa comes out here."

"Turn what back?" JungMin appeared at the kitchen doorway, arms folded across his chest.

HyungJoon paled, quickly turning the table back to brown. "Nothing, wasn't doing anything," he said, clinging a little to Sunny.

"HyungJoon was just showing us his ability," KyuJong said, looking over at JungMin. "YoungSaeng's on the roof by the way... you should put a lock on the window or something."

"He likes it up there," JungMin shrugged, turning to go up the stairs.

Sunny patted HyungJoon's hair lightly. "Maybe we should...stay out of the way for a while," she said softly.

"Probably," HyungJoon replied just as quietly. "So.. are we staying here then?"

"Yes, there's room downstairs," KyuJong said. "I'll apologize in advance for HeeChul. At least there's more than one bathroom here."

"Oh don't worry oppa, I remember how to deal with HeeChul," Sunny smiled, standing. "Let's go see where we're sleeping, HyungJoon?"

"Who's HeeChul?" HyungJoon asked, following Sunny to the stairs.

"He's going to regret asking that," KyuJong chuckled, glancing down at KiBum. "Want to help me with dinner? We've got plenty of mouths to feed these days."

"Who cooks during the daytime for all these people?" KiBum shook his head, standing. "Of course. What are you going to say to JungMin?"

"I imagine Zhou Mi cooks, or RyeoWook," KyuJong said, blinking at KiBum. "Say to JungMin about what?"

"He doesn't look like he's coping very well," KiBum shrugged, heading into the kitchen.

"...No, he's not," KyuJong sighed, looking towards the stairs. That was when he noticed the flowers setting on the table. "Oh! The flowers! I'll be right back KiBum." Picking up the flowers, he started for the stairs. "Min?"

By the time KyuJong reached the top of the stairs, JungMin was sitting on the edge of his bed, elbows resting against his knees. He looked up when KyuJong appeared. "Hey."

"Hey..." KyuJong glanced towards the window where he could see YoungSaeng laying down on top of the roof. "I brought you these," he said, holding out the flowers. "I'm sorry I haven't been bringing you as many."

JungMin's lips quirked slightly when he saw the flowers, reaching out to take them. "Thanks. It's fine, you're busy." He held the bouquet close to his nose and inhaled slowly, eyes closing.

Sitting down next to him on the bed, KyuJong glanced nervously out the window again, making sure YoungSaeng hadn't fallen off. "How are you holding up Min?"

JungMin opened his eyes again, looking down at the flowers. "Well...I haven't kicked any of them out yet," he mumbled.

"Yet being the key word," KyuJong said, looking back at him. "KiBum and I were thinking that maybe you and YoungSaeng can get out for a bit? Go to a movie or to the park or something."

"What if something happens?" JungMin asked quietly, glancing over his shoulder towards the window. "I don't even know if he's okay to leave the house."

"You could ask him?" KyuJong suggested. "He loves going out on the roof all the time, maybe he wouldn't mind being outside. I just worry about you Min... always cooped up in this house."

"But that's nothing new," JungMin sighed, returning his gaze to the flowers. His fingers lightly played with the petals of one carnation. "I know it's not fair, to limit them all to that small basement, but having them all upstairs is a little...much."

"I think everyone understands," KyuJong said softly. "And this is just temporary, they can suffer for now... it's to keep them safe. You need your space, as does YoungSaeng."

"If I'd known this was coming, I'd have gotten a bigger place. We don't even know how long this is going to go on for."

"It can't go on forever, and YoungSaeng said that after RyeoWook got hurt things would start," KyuJong said. "It seems like things have been moving quickly... doesn't it?"

"Yeah, but towards what?" JungMin straightened, looking at KyuJong. "We have no idea what's happening out there."

"I know, and there's only one person that does," KyuJong said, glancing towards the window again. YoungSaeng had moved to sit on the window sill, watching them. "Is it just me, or has he gotten really creepy?" he murmured to JungMin quietly. "He keeps staring at me."

"Maybe he likes you," JungMin rolled his eyes. "He's still disorientated without his precognition, that's all," he whispered, before turning towards YoungSaeng. "Hey. You finally coming back in?"

"There's people here who aren't supposed to be," YoungSaeng said. "I don't like it."

"...I have to go help KiBum with dinner, see you downstairs?" KyuJong said, patting JungMin's leg as he got up. "Nice to see you up and around YoungSaeng," he said to the man still at the window, who watched him cross to the door and leave the room.

"So the future changed a little, we'll figure it out when you get your precognition back." JungMin turned to face YoungSaeng, holding one hand out to him and placing the flowers down on the bed. "Sunny being here...she'll help us at least."

"The sunshine wasn't supposed to be here," YoungSaeng said, clearly bothered by it. "Something is wrong Min... how could my visions be so wrong?"

"Saeng, how long has it been since that telepath started blocking your visions and messing with your head? And then Yixing showed up and half-blocked it again? A lot changes in a week, you said yourself the future isn't exact." JungMin stood, going to where YoungSaeng was sitting on the window sill.

"Not... no," YoungSaeng shook his head, covering his face with his hands. "Never saw her here, not once. It doesn't make sense. It's like... there's a blind spot, a whole line I never saw and that scares me."

JungMin wasn't sure what to say, there was little he could do to help. "Come on... let's go sit on the bed." He placed his hand lightly on YoungSaeng's shoulder. "We'll figure this out, okay?"

YoungSaeng looked up at him, a helpless look in his eyes before slowly standing up. "I never though I would miss the visions," he said, leaning up against JungMin's chest. "I want them back, I can't take not knowing."

"How's the practice with Chinese guy going?" JungMin murmured, folding YoungSaeng into his arms and rubbing his back slowly.

"Slow," YoungSaeng mumbled, closing his eyes. "It could be a while before I have it under control again. It took me years to get control the first time, and it wasn't so bad then."

"You'll have that control again," JungMin said firmly, kissing the side of YoungSaeng's head. "And then you're gonna stick with me, and I won't let anyone put you in that position again."

"I know," YoungSaeng smiled, breathing in deeply the comfort JungMin was providing. He pulled back to look up into JungMin's eyes, smiling softly at him before leaning in to kiss him.

Returning the kiss, JungMin closed his eyes and supported the back of YoungSaeng's head with one hand. The past few days had worn them both thin, and they needed some time to just relax away from the chaos of the rest of the house.

They stayed like that for some time, YoungSaeng enjoying just kissing JungMin and being enveloped in his arms. If he could stay that way for the rest of his life, he would. When he finally pulled back, resting his forehead against JungMin's shoulder, he sighed happily. "I love you JungMin."

"...What?" JungMin blinked a little, trying to turn his head to look at YoungSaeng without dislodging the older man from his shoulder. "You do?"

"Of course I do," YoungSaeng said, pulling back to look up into his eyes. "I've been in love with you for so long... I'm so happy I can say it to you."

JungMin searched his eyes, one hand lightly cupping his cheek. "I didn't think...I didn't want to assume anything, while you were having so much trouble thinking straight," he said quietly.

"I know, and I appreciate that," YoungSaeng said, putting his hand over JungMin's. "It's okay now though, I can think in full sentences, and even talk in them most of the time. I'm not seeing the whole of time in front of me anymore... just you."

The other man's lips formed a smile at that. "I kinda like it when I have your full attention." He brushed his thumb over YoungSaeng's cheek. "I love you too."

Eyes glassy, YoungSaeng grinned as he leaned up for another kiss, arms going around JungMin's neck, nearly pushing them both over to the ground.

Staggering and catching himself before they fell, JungMin returned the enthusiastic kiss, deepening it. After a moment he pulled YoungSaeng towards the bed, walking backwards until he could sit down.

Pressing his knees into the mattress, YoungSaeng straddled JungMin's legs as he continued the kiss, fingers digging into his shoulders. He had to pull back after a moment, looking down at JungMin with darkened eyes. "Has it been three days?" he asked, looking up as if questioning the air around him.

"What?" JungMin blinked, his mind still focused on the kiss rather than understanding what YoungSaeng was saying. "Three days since what?" He leaned forward and pressed kisses against YoungSaeng's exposed neck, hands running up and down the older man's sides.

YoungSaeng looked back down at him, frowning. "It's not time," he said, taking JungMin's cheeks in his hands and pushing him back a little. "Not time."

JungMin did stop at that, the hands pushing him back pulling his attention back to what YoungSaeng was saying. "Huh?" He looked up at YoungSaeng, frowning in confusion. "Why not?"

"Because something is supposed to happen first," YoungSaeng said, shaking his head. "I don't remember what it is though... and I don't... think I'm ready."

"Oh...okay," JungMin nodded slowly at that last point, lips pursed in a pout. He would have probably sulked the whole night if he was being stopped because YoungSaeng's visions were out of order, but if the other man wasn't ready then that was something else.

YoungSaeng looked at JungMin sadly, brushing his thumbs over the man's cheeks. "I may seems like I'm coherent, and talking in full sentences and everything, but I'm still dealing with my visions. Only when I have that under control can I think about it... And kissing isn't so bad, I like kissing."

JungMin leaned into the touch slightly. "As long as we can keep kissing," he chuckled quietly, drawing YoungSaeng down into a soft kiss.

YoungSaeng hummed in agreement, fully enjoying kissing JungMin as much as he could.

Only after a long kiss did JungMin pull back again, resting their foreheads together lightly. "Your visions are still affecting you?" he frowned, running his hand through YoungSaeng's hair. "I thought Yixing locked them up."

"They are, he did," YoungSaeng said, closing his eyes. "That's the point. I'm not in control of them if they're locked behind a wall. I don't have the control I once did, and I want it back. It's important to feel like a normal person again when I can do that."

"It'll happen," JungMin murmured. "Even if it takes a while, it'll happen. When did you first get your power?"

"I've had it for as long as I can remember," YoungSaeng said, playing with JungMin's collar. "It didn't start out so overwhelming. I could just see things before they were going to happen, just little flashes. As I got older, it got worse, but enough that I could keep it contained, control it as it got to be worse."

"Did you ever tell anyone? Your parents?" JungMin closed his eyes, breathing in and out slowly.

"I did, but they thought I was just making it up at first, then they thought I was possessed," YoungSaeng said, frowning slightly. "My parents are very religious, and they thought the devil was showing me bad things to do... they sent me away to cure me."

That started JungMin, pulling back and opening his eyes to look at YoungSaeng. "Send you away...where?"

"To a church, to cleanse the devil from me," YoungSaeng said, looking uncomfortable. "I learned control when I was there, not to let the visions control me. They thought I was cured of it so they sent me home."

"Oh." JungMin's eyes saddened. "I'm sorry. You shouldn't have had to go through that."

"It's not the worst thing I've had to go through," YoungSaeng shrugged. "And it was good for me once it was over. I had control, I lived a normal life for many years after that."

"That doesn't make it right," JungMin shook his head. "No one's going to do that to you again."

"... I hope you're right," YoungSaeng said, looking into JungMin's eyes. "I wish I could say that you were, but I can't. I have to work hard to gain that control back, and it will be worth it when I do."

"It will be," JungMin nodded, meeting YoungSaeng's gaze. "In the meantime...trust me, okay? I might not be able to predict the future...but I can promise I'll do everything in my power to protect you."

YoungSaeng smiled at that, wrapping his arms around JungMin's shoulders in a tight hug. "I put my life in your hands JungMin, I know you'll keep me safe."

"I will." JungMin hugged YoungSaeng back just as tightly, a little unnerved by how that had been phrased. He hadn't wanted to have anyone's life in his hands ever again, and with very good reason...but he wasn't going to let anything happen to YoungSaeng.