A Night's Entertainment

The Sworn


chapter nine                          
✧✦A Night's Entertainment✦✧

 

It was near the end of the work day when DongHae happened to look up from his desk, blinking at seeing SungMin standing near the end of the hallway. That itself wasn't unusual, he was learning SungMin showed up when HyunJoong wasn't around a lot.

The other man was carrying around a paper airplane. As DongHae watched, SungMin tossed it over the cubicles casually. It sailed around and did a U-turn to hit KyuHyun on the back of the head.

"What the hell!" KyuHyun stood up, looking around until he spotted SungMin. "What are you, three?"

"Just someone who knows how to have fun," SungMin grinned mischievously. He mimed opening paper before disappearing down a hallway with a wave.

DongHae leaned back in his seat to see around the cubicle walls. "He's got good aim."

Wrinkling his nose, KyuHyun opened up the airplane and read what was on it. "Oh you have got to be kidding me," he groaned, crumpling the paper up and throwing it away. "No, I'm not doing it," he said to himself, sitting back down. "He can't make me, so no. Not doing it."

"Do what?" DongHae asked, curious and scooting his chair over to see what had been written.

"Never you mind," KyuHyun sniffed, returning to his work. "I just won't be going back to the house with you after work, okay? You'll have to get your own way there."

"Okay," DongHae blinked repeatedly at the younger man. "What are you doing?"

"What'd I just tell you? Mind your own business," KyuHyun huffed, grabbing his bag. "I'm taking off, tell KyuJong and JungMin I'll be around later okay?"

DongHae nodded, lips pursed. "Sure." He rolled himself back to his desk. "Safe whatever you're doing."

Shouldering his bag, KyuHyun left without saying anything else, grumbling to himself on his way down the elevator. "Stupid SungMin, stupid deals," he muttered, stabbing the lower level button repeatedly until the doors closed. Why did he even make this stupid deal in the first place? DongHae didn't need his protection, so why was he bothering? It certainly wasn't enough to face the wrath of HyunJoong when he found out.

It had been puzzling him this entire time since the deal had been struck, why he was letting SungMin pull him around like a puppy. Not to mention that damn kiss that had happened and should never ever happen again if he didn't want to be murdered, superhero notwithstanding. But no, he had opened his big mouth and made the stupid deal and it was all DongHae's fault. Obviously.

By the time he had got off the train, KyuHyun had pretty well convinced himself that everything that was going wrong right now was DongHae's fault. He'd have to talk to the damn fish later and put into no uncertain terms that KyuHyun was done holding his hand at this place and he was on his own.

The time SungMin had given on the paper airplane came before long, and when it did the older man was waiting for KyuHyun at the location he'd given. "Was expecting you to be late," he grinned, pushing away from the wall. "Or not show up at all."

"Yeah well, I'm here, what do you want," KyuHyun said, pointedly looking anywhere else than SungMin.

"That depends, what do you think I want?" SungMin chuckled, stopping in front of KyuHyun.

"... What do you want, SungMin," KyuHyun ground out between clenched teeth.

SungMin shook his head. "You're not very pleasant, are you. Remember, the deal was that I could do anything I wanted to you, and you weren't going to complain."

I'm not complaining, now am I?" KyuHyun said, rolling his eyes. "I'm just asking what we're doing here."

"If you clenched your jaw anymore you'd break your teeth," SungMin chuckled. He hooked his arm around KyuHyun's before pulling him along the street. "Come on, we're going shopping!"

"...Shopping?" KyuHyun blinked, stumbling a little before he could get his footing. "Why? And why do I have to come along? I'm not buying you anything, I don't have any money."

"Did I say you were?" SungMin rolled his eyes. "You're coming along because I want you to come along. You said I could do anything I wanted."

"I figured you'd just torment me more," KyuHyun said, shoulders slumped. "Or... you know... kiss me again."

"You sound disappointed," SungMin teased.

"You wish," KyuHyun sneered at him. "Is this going to take long? I do have a life you know."

"An extremely boring one, I'm sure. Let's go here first." He headed into a stylish store blaring rock music that could be heard across the street.

"... in that store?" KyuHyun blinked. "But... these clothes cost more than I can make in a week," he muttered to himself, following SungMin in reluctantly.

"So that's why you're always wearing styles from five years ago?" SungMin tutted. "You'd look good in some of these too." He found a shirt display, picking through.

"Well when I start sleeping with the boss and spending all his money then I can afford the new clothes," KyuHyun rolled his eyes.

"Ask for a raise. And I do have my own money," SungMin found a nice vest and held it up, examining his reflection in the mirror. Wrinkling his nose a little, he put it back. "I'd just rather spend his, especially when he keeps breaking all the buttons on my shirts."

KyuHyun shuddered, trying to block out the mental image that came with that statement. "There's no way in hell I'd ask him for a raise. I have perfectly good clothes, and why do you care anyway?"

"It's called conversation Kyunnie, you should try it sometime. And some of the stuff you walk around in belong in a grandfather's closet." Picking up another shirt, SungMin examined it before hooking his arm around KyuHyun's again to drag him in front of the mirror. He held the shirt in front of KyuHyun, humming in thought.

"Hey, I happen to like my clothes thank you," KyuHyun argued, looking at himself in the mirror. Okay, the shirt wasn't that bad. Picking up one of the sleeves he looked at the price tag. "... Are you kidding me?!" he dropped the tag and pushed the shirt away. "There is no way I would pay for a shirt that costs nearly as much as my rent."

"Okay, you won't pay for it," SungMin rolled his eyes, draping the shirt over his arm. He fussed with the shirt stand for another minute before flouncing off towards the back of the store where the accessories were.

"I'm not wearing anything you buy!" KyuHyun called after him. Not like he could be heard over the music. "And especially not if you're buying it with HyunJoong's money!" He couldn't really stop SungMin either way, but if HyunJoong ever found out he could at least say he had no choice.

"You make such assumptions," SungMin sighed dramatically. "Stop whining and come over here." He tried on a necklace, playing with the pendant.

"I'm not whining, I'm voicing my displeasure," KyuHyun said, plodding over to where SungMin was.

"Sounded like whining to me." Apparently pleased with his selection, SungMin kept the necklace on before going over the leather, studded wrist bands. "Hold out an arm."

KyuHyun eyed the metal on the wrist band, shaking his head. "No. I'm not wearing one of those. I'm not a teenager."

SungMin pouted cutely at him. "Kyunnie, I'm a 7th degree black belt. Don't make me grab your arm, I might break your wrist."

"I don't care, you break my wrist then I'm going to tell HyunJoong you did it," KyuHyun said, folding his arms over his chest. "I'm not wearing those."

"It's either the wrist band, or this." SungMin pointed at the matching necklace...or collar would be the more accurate description. "I don't think what I'm suggesting is so awful, but if you insist..."

"No," KyuHyun repeatedly firmly. "The shirt is one thing, but I'm not wearing some designer accessory that costs ten times what it should. Forget it."

"So dull," SungMin rolled his eyes, but didn't put the wrist band back. "Did you at least pierce your ears? One ear? Or would you contract some sort of fatal disease."

"I thought we were shopping for you, why are you trying to push stuff on me?" KyuHyun said.

"I said shopping, I didn't say anything else." And SungMin was off again, looking at the pants on display. He wrinkled his nose at all the ones with holes torn in them. "When does this go out of style."

"What, don't like the latest fashion?" KyuHyun snorted. "I think they're kind of cool."

"I can see you would, half your stuff must have holes in them already. Why make more?" SungMin sniffed, poking at the holes in one pant leg. He searched through the stack before sighing. "This won't do. Next store." He went to the cashier, still carrying the shirt and wrist band.

"How long exactly do you plan on holding me hostage like this anyway?" KyuHyun sighed, poking through some of the impulse items.

"No complaining," SungMin tutted, paying for the items including the necklace he hadn't taken off. Once that was done, he presented KyuHyun with the bag. "Be a gentleman and carry this for me."

"... Oh... oh I see what's going on," KyuHyun eyed the bag with disdain. "You need someone to hold your bags, that's why I'm here isn't it? What, HyunJoong doesn't want to do it anymore so now I get to? God you are insufferable," he huffed, taking the bag from him. "I'm only carrying it because otherwise you'd start ing at me."

"Good boy," SungMin rolled his eyes at the comments, heading towards the door. "Hyun doesn't take me shopping."

"Lucky," KyuHyun muttered, following him.

Three stores and five bags later, KyuHyun had enough. He didn't care what their deal was, he was tired and annoyed. "How much more crap do you need anyway? You bought a whole new wardrobe."

"Just a couple new sets," SungMin waved one hand dismissively. "Hm...I'm getting hungry. Let's eat!" He headed towards a street corner filled with restaurants and pubs.

"What? Hey, hold on," KyuHyun sighed, trudging after him. "I thought we were shopping, you didn't say anything about eating too!"

"Well I changed my mind, it's late and I'm positively starving. And your stomach sounded like a dying hippo five minutes ago."

"Okay, fine, but this is it okay?" KyuHyun said. "Feels like we're on a date or something."

"You are so anti- everything fun in the world, it hurts." SungMin sighed. "I feel for any poor soul you've actually dated."

"Yeah, because shanghaiing me into taking you out is the same thing as a date," KyuHyun rolled his eyes. "If this were an actual date for one, I'd be nice, and for two, I'd actually like you. Since that isn't going to happen, you don't get to see what it would be like if we were on a date."

SungMin chuckled tiredly. "You sure have a way with words, Kyunnie." He stopped at a nice barbeque house. "Let's go here." He headed up the steps to the front door, pulling it open.

"Fine, at least I'm not paying for it," KyuHyun said, following him into the building. "... I'm not paying for it, right?"

"Not a won," SungMin waved his hand back at KyuHyun. He got them a table near the back, taking off his shoes and sitting down at the low table. "Barbeque! What do you like, beef, pork?"

"Beef is fine," KyuHyun said, sitting down across from him. "So, tell me why you brought me out here then, the real reason. Just to carry your bags or because you were tired of shopping all by yourself."

"Because I felt like it," was SungMin's reply, pressing the button on the table to call the waitress. "Do you drink?"

"Occasionally," KyuHyun said, frowning a little at the response. "You're not going to slip something in my drink and like molest me are you?"

"Your impression of me is very flattering. No." SungMin smiled brightly at the waitress. "Beef barbeque to share, and soju please." She left with the order.

"Can you blame me? You've done nothing but harrass me since you started screwing my boss," KyuHyun said when the waitress was gone. "Why'd you single me out anyway? He tell you to?"

"I do have my own sense of taste," SungMin chuckled, leaning back on his hands. "Hyun would never tell me to single out anyone, he'd rather I just stay up on my little platform and look pretty for him when he comes home, preferably with as little clothing on as I can get away with."

"Ew," KyuHyun made a face at that and looked away. "Didn't really answer my question though. Why'd you single me out?"

"You ask too many questions." SungMin brightened when the waitress returned and set glasses and a bottle of soju down. He poured for both of them. "Cheers. So if you don't spend any money on your clothes, which is obvious, what do you spend your money on?"

"... You're frustrating you know that?" KyuHyun took a sip of his soju. "I spend my money on rent and food, because that's about all I can afford on the pittance HyunJoong pays me."

"Why don't you get a new job?" SungMin took a swallow from his glass. "Plenty of places could use someone who doesn't fall asleep on their keyboard."

"Hey I haven't fallen asleep in weeks," KyuHyun protested. "And I don't want to find another job."

"Don't see why, if he's paying you that poorly and it's the most boring job in existence," SungMin chuckled, resting his arms on the table.

"I'll tell you why I work there if you tell me why you seem to like picking on me," KyuHyun said, leaning a little over the table.

"Because you're apparently as allergic to conversation as you are to fun," the older man rolled his eyes. "Because I felt like it. Satisfied?"

"No, that doesn't really explain anything," KyuHyun said, taking another sip of his drink. "You could have picked anyone else in the office, but you didn't, you singled me out. Considering you're HyunJoong's bedwarmer that makes me very suspicious."

"And why's that?" SungMin raised an eyebrow. "Why should your relationship to him be any different than any other employee, hm?"

KyuHyun smirked. "Didn't say it was any different, now did I?"

"Then your suspicions are unfounded. I picked you because I felt like it. You should consider it a compliment." SungMin drank more, placing his glass down.

"I consider it a curse," KyuHyun shrugged. "I don't like you, at all. My days would be far less stressful if you just stopped existing in them."

SungMin pouted a little. "They'd also be extremely dull." The food arrived then, the waitress putting the meat and side dishes down on the table for them to cook, along with bowls of rice.

Dinner was filled with the same banter back and forth, neither side really gaining any ground over the other. Once it was over and the bill was paid (by SungMin as promised), the older man picked up the one bag he'd been carrying beside his own before standing. "That was good."

"Yeah, it was," KyuHyun said, picking up the rest of the bags. "So uh... thanks I guess. Can I go home now?"

"If you must," SungMin waved one hand dismissively, heading towards the door.

"...Okay, then take your bags at least?" KyuHyun said, following after him towards the door. "I don't want them."

SungMin lifted the bag he was holding besides the pink one he carried everywhere. "I've got my bag." Leaving the restaurant, he skipped down the stairs onto the sidewalk.

"...What?" KyuHyun called after him, pushing his way out the door. "If you don't take these I'm dumping them in the garbage!"

"Suit yourself then," SungMin chuckled, looking back up the stairs at him. "It'd be a big waste."

"... Why are you doing this?" KyuHyun asked, staying at the top of the stairs. "I didn't ask you to buy me any of this stuff."

"If you had asked, I wouldn't have gotten you anything," SungMin's lips curled. "Maybe I just feel like driving you absolutely insane. See you tomorrow, Kyunnie." He turned to walk away with a wave.

"Yah, I really hate you!" KyuHyun shouted. He looked down at the bags, wondering how the hell he had got into this mess. "No sense in throwing them out I guess," he muttered, starting down the stairs and back to JungMin's. Maybe they would fit YoungSaeng, the crazy hobo needed clothes after all.

 

 

 

 

DongHae pouted at his computer screen after KyuHyun's abrupt exit. Considering the lecture he'd gotten about proper behavior at work (not yelling over the cubicles...) he didn't find it exactly fair that KyuHyun could skip out an hour early. It was probably a seniority thing. Or KyuHyun just didn't care. Both were likely.

He sighed and focused on his work again, wishing he had brought an mp3 player or something. The silence was annoying.

Close to a half hour later, a shadow fell over DongHae, someone standing in the doorway of his cubicle. "Yah, DongHae isn't it? Where'd KyuHyun go?"

"Huh?" DongHae tilted his head way back, blinking to see HyunJoong beside him. "Oh, hey boss! KyuHyun took off early, didn't say why."

"Oh, he left... he didn't ask permission to leave," HyunJoong frowned, crossing his arms. "Has SungMin been in to bother people today? He said he was going to stop by but I don't see him... or hear him anywhere."

"I think he left too, he was by earlier to annoy KyuHyun," DongHae chuckled. "Chucking paper airplanes at his head, he hit him from way across the room too."

HyunJoong smirked at that, shaking his head. "Must have been a lucky shot... Say, don't you and KyuHyun usually head home together? Did he leave you stranded here?"

"He did." DongHae pursed his lips a little, unhappy. "I should be fine though, I know how to get back home."

"I can give you a ride," HyunJoong said. "Get your stuff, I was heading out right now myself."

"Oh..." the other man frowned slightly. He couldn't get a ride straight to JungMin's place, if this was Parasyntax. For one, KyuHyun would kill him. Guess it was back home for real. "Thank you, you don't have to," he hurriedly packed up his work station, shutting down the computer.

"Don't mention it," HyunJoong said, watching him pack up. "Besides, I'd like to get to know you a little better anyway. I like knowing a bit more about my employees, helps a business run smoothly."

"Okay," DongHae blinked before grinning, not seeing any problem with it. Grabbing his bag, he stood up. "Okay, ready to go!"

"My car's waiting downstairs," HyunJoong nodded, turning and starting down the corridor to the elevator. "You want to stop for a drink somewhere? I'll buy."

DongHae followed after him. "I don't usually drink, but sure!" He'd just have to text KiBum to let him know he would be late, because if neither he nor KyuHyun showed up someone might get worried.

"Sounds good," HyunJoong nodded, stepping into the elevator when it opened. He pressed the button for the first floor and waited. "So how do you like it so far?"

"The job? It's good, it's a really nice place and the job's not bad," DongHae chuckled. "It's a little quiet though, not even a radio playing."

"I like a quiet atmosphere," HyunJoong said. "For the workers. I prefer things a little louder myself but the workers need quiet. Which is why I try to keep SungMin out of everyone's hair, he's a very loud distraction when he wants to be."

"Well, he is, but it's a nice distraction," DongHae grinned. "Keeps people from zoning out without realizing it. Too much quiet and people sleep."

"And too much noise distracts people from work," HyunJoong replied. "You'll let me know if SungMin bothers you at all, okay? He's not supposed to."

"Of course sir," the younger man blinked. "He hasn't been bothering me though. Or anyone really, the days I've been here. Just KyuHyun."

"Yes... he's only allowed to bother KyuHyun," HyunJoong chuckled. The elevator doors opened out to the lobby, HyunJoong stepping out and walking towards the glass doors at the entrance.

"Why KyuHyun?" DongHae followed HyunJoong out, looking around the lobby. "I mean he's kinda grumpy, but not a bad guy."

HyunJoong just laughed, shaking his head. "I'll explain on the way to the bar," he said, going through the doors. A black car was waiting at the curb, the driver opening the door for HyunJoong who settled in first and waited for DongHae.

"Wow," DongHae whistled, impressed by the large car. He got in after HyunJoong, resting his bag in his lap as he did his seatbelt. He jumped when the driver closed the door after him. "You have your own driver?"

"Yes, but only because I'm a terrible driver," HyunJoong sighed. "And besides, I'm rich. Rich men have drivers."

"That is true," DongHae chuckled sheepishly, watching as the man got in the driver's seat. His fingers curled tighter around his bag as they pulled away from the curb. "Never seen many of these around the city though."

"You're just not hanging around in the right areas then," HyunJoong said, glancing over at him. "The nice thing is, we can talk without having to worry about anything," he said, pressing a button on his door. A partition rolled up between them and the driver. "Now... KyuHyun must think I'm an idiot. What's your name?"

"Lee DongHae?" DongHae blinked at HyunJoong in confusion.

"No, your other name," HyunJoong said, the humor dropping from his expression. "I know what you are, but I just don't know who you are yet."

DongHae's expression remained one of absolute confusion. "I don't get what you mean, sir. Is this an inside joke?"

"KyuHyun brings you here, as a favor for KyuJong," HyunJoong said, narrowing his eyes. "Or should I say Fractal? Do you understand what I'm asking now?"

"Fractal?" DongHae blinked at him. "I'm pretty sure it was 'favor' and not 'fractal', isn't that something to do with space?"

"Ah, I see," HyunJoong snorted, leaning in closer. "DongHae, I'm fairly sure they told you who I am, and what I can do. If you're going to continue to play dumb, I'll have to do something you're going to regret."

The younger man leaned back, debating the pros and cons of opening the car door and jumping. It would probably be very messy and painful. "I...uh...don't hypnotize me please?"

"Then answer my question," HyunJoong said, a smile forming that didn't reach his eyes. "What is your name?"

"...Goldfish?" DongHae mumbled, slipping down in his seat.

"...Goldfish?" HyunJoong repeated. "Never heard of you. Why did KyuJong ask for you to work for me? Are you spying on me as well?"

"No, no, no spying," DongHae shook his head repeatedly. "It's cause we're not supposed to go anywhere alone, have to go in pairs at least, it's too dangerous otherwise."

"Dangerous why?" HyunJoong tilted his head slightly in confusion. "We? Who's we?"

"Oh, uh...people?" DongHae winced internally, hoping his next sentence would deter from that one. "Dangerous cause heroes are turning up dead all over the place, last one was two nights ago."

"What?" HyunJoong frowned, leaning back in his seat. "I haven't heard anything about this. So KyuJong is involved then? Which means JungMin as well... I thought they retired?"

KyuHyun was gonna kill him for this. "They are, they are," DongHae squirmed a little. "But active heroes might not be the only ones targeted."

"And why do you think that?" HyunJoong asked. "What is it you know?"

"I don't know anything!" DongHae shut his eyes and covered his ears.

"DongHae," HyunJoong touched his shoulder, holding it firmly. "It's okay, I won't ask you anything else."

DongHae cracked one eye open. "But you're the bad guy."

"And? Do you think it's me that's killing people?" HyunJoong asked.

"...No...But KyuHyun will kill me for telling you," DongHae mumbled.

"No he won't," HyunJoong said, shaking his head. "I'm not going to say anything to him about it, will you?"

DongHae knew better than to squawk about betraying his teammate right here. He looked away, lowering his hands from his ears. "There's a...a precog who predicted that the killer, the 'wolf' will kill all the 'stars', the heroes. He never specified anything about whether the heroes had to be active or not."

"A precog?" HyunJoong blinked. "A precog is involved?" He frowned and looked away. "Let's not talk about this anymore. But.... if you find out anything more, let me know. I may have been a villain, but I'd never kill anyone, or want to see them killed."

"You mean you'd want to help?" DongHae frowned a little at the older man.

"Didn't say I'd help, just that I want to know," HyunJoong said. "Ah, looks like we're here So, let's forget about all this and go have that drink now."

"Uh...okay?" DongHae looked outside the car at the bar they'd pulled up in front of. When the driver came around to open the door, he scrambled out of the car, breathing a sigh of relief. Cars weren't his favorite thing ever, and that hadn't been a very pleasant ride.

HyunJoong put his arm around DongHae's shoulder when he emerged from the car, preventing DongHae from getting too far. "Do you like wine? They have some of the finest wine in the city here."

"I haven't drank wine in ages," DongHae blinked at the arm around his shoulder, not sure whether to take that as a cue to relax or not. Maybe he should have never agreed to this in the first place. "But it must be good if you say so."

"I do say so," HyunJoong chuckled, pulling him towards the door. "Just relax DongHae, this will be fun."

'Fun' was probably not a word DongHae would use for it the following morning, with the headache he was bound to wake up with. While he had been able to shoot a message about being late off to KiBum, he had forgot to mention he would be drinking. He'd also forgot to mention something very important to HyunJoong: his lack of alcohol tolerance.

And as it turned out, HyunJoong was very good with his alcohol. And DongHae should have never been stupid enough to try keeping up with him. And now he was currently laughing his head off about something HyunJoong had said that probably wasn't even that funny, but it had sounded funny, and he couldn't even sit up straight.

"You're drunk," HyunJoong repeated, wondering how it was so funny. "I think it's probably about time we got you home, what do you think?"

"Yes. Maybe? No, home's too far away, have to take a boat. Can your car turn into a boat?" DongHae waved one arm a little, head down on the table.

"... Unless you live on an island, you don't need a boat," HyunJoong snorted. "Do you know your address DongHae?"

"P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney," DongHae hiccupped.

"..." HyunJoong sighed, shaking his head. "Okay, guess you're staying with me then. Can you walk? That's a stupid question." Getting up, he went around to the other side of the table and took DongHae by the arm. "Come on, I'll need your help to get you out of here without falling over."

DongHae floundered for a bit before securing both arms around HyunJoong's shoulders, staggering to his feet. "You don't eat fish, right? That's cannibalism," he slurred, forehead on HyunJoong's shoulder.

"Only if you're a fish," HyunJoong said, his arm going around DongHae's waist. "I like fish though, especially raw fish. Next time we can go for sushi." Making sure DongHae wasn't going to fall, he made his way through the bar to the door. Luckily, DongHae didn't fall on anyone in that short walk.

"Don't eat me," DongHae whined. "I don't taste very good. Or I...don't think I do?" He staggered when they came to the stairs, latching onto HyunJoong's side.

"Don't tempt me," HyunJoong said, taking the steps slowly. "I hear goldfish isn't very good though, so you might be safe."

DongHae looked up at HyunJoong, expression absolutely horrified. "Did you eat Nemo?!"

HyunJoong considered that, blinking a few times. "Well I don't think I ever caught the name, but I don't think so."

"How do you know," DongHae protested loudly as they reached the car. "Do you ask every clownfish their name before you bite their, their head off?"

"Well... no, but you don't eat clownfish," HyunJoong said, waiting for the car door to be opened by the driver. "So I think Nemo is safe, okay?"

"Oh, thank you!" DongHae threw both arms around HyunJoong's neck in a glomp. "His father will be so, so happy!"

"Uh... okay, that's good," HyunJoong said, patting DongHae on the back a little. "Hey, let's get in the car okay? You can hug me all you want there."

"Okay," DongHae beamed. Once the door was open he crawled inside the car, but not before yelping as he whacked his head off the top of the car. "Ow..." He curled up on the far seat.

"Hey, are you okay?" HyunJoong climbed in, closing the door behind him. "You hit your head pretty good there."

"I'm okay," DongHae winced, slumping against his seat with both hands over his forehead. "My brain didn't like that."

"You could have a concussion," HyunJoong frowned, scooting closer. "I need you to stay awake for me, okay? Don't fall asleep."

DongHae lifted his head a little, blinking at HyunJoong. "KiBum said to sleep if it hurts too much," he slurred. "It'll feel better when I wake up."

"If you have a concussion you won't wake up at all," HyunJoong said, smirking a little. "Who's KiBum?"

"My friend," DongHae slumped to one side, head on HyunJoong's shoulder as he closed his eyes. "I always wake up."

"And what makes you so sure you'll wake up this time?" HyunJoong asked, shifting a little so he could put his arm around DongHae's shoulder.

"Cause...even if I don't want to, to wake up..." DongHae's voice became softer and softer. "I do."

"Well, I don't want to take the chance that you don't wake up this time," HyunJoong said, shaking him lightly. "So stay awake until we get home okay?"

The shake caused DongHae's head to drop off the older man's shoulder into his lap, DongHae out for the count.

HyunJoong grunted a little at the sudden weight on his lap. "I retired so I wasn't killing people... you'd better wake up, you hear me?" he murmured, brushing the hair out of DongHae's face.

The drive back home was quiet, HyunJoong making sure DongHae was still breathing every now and then. It seemed like he would be okay, but HyunJoong didn't want to take any chances. With his driver's help, they got DongHae up into his penthouse apartment and into bed, the drunk man not even stirring once.

HyunJoong made sure he was comfortable before grabbing a beer and sitting down on the couch. It was late, far later than he had intended on staying out. Only thing was, SungMin wasn't back yet either.


 

 


 

 

Another chapter up =D I'm going away in a couple days, so the next update may be a little delayed, but I'll try to get it up on time! Same with Spirit Wars.

Please vote, comment and subscribe if you enjoyed the story! <3

 

@Forest_pixi: Added you now =DDD \o/ And your fangirling's cute! <3

@katiemae01: Thank you for subscribing to the story~!!! :D Hope you keep on liking it <3