Heart Stopping

The Sworn

KyuJong frowned nervously, looking down at his hands. "Right now... there isn't much we can do," he admitted. "We don't know what move to make next, not until YoungSaeng can control his visions." About to say something else, he jumped in shock when the doorbell went off. "That's probably KyuHyun," he said, breathing slowly to calm his heart.

"Oh," ChangMin blinked, standing. "I'll get it." He walked to the door.

"I'm not so sure if that's a good idea," KiBum frowned; ChangMin seemed to have forgotten that he was thought of as dead for over two years. The other man was already at the door though, unlocking and pulling it open.


KyuHyun looked up when the door opened, his mouth already open to ask why the hell he was here when he looked straight into ChangMin's eyes. "...Max...?" he whispered, his eyes narrowing slightly before he pulled back a fist and punched him right in the jaw.

"Ow!" Startled, ChangMin fell onto his rear, one hand against his jaw. "What gives?" His eyes narrowed at KyuHyun and a wave of sparks suddenly washed over the other man's body.

That startled KyuHyun even more and he nearly fell back himself. "What the hell!"

"KyuHyun, wait," KyuJong had got up the moment he heard the scuffle. "Stop it, both of you. Come in and we'll explain KyuHyun."

"He's dead!" KyuHyun pointed at ChangMin, the sparks jumping off of his skin. "Who the is this and why is he here?"

"Maybe someone else should have answered the door," KiBum mused, joining KyuJong at the door. ChangMin stood up, rubbing his sore jaw.

"KyuHyun, stop beating up ChangMin and get inside," JungMin called from where he was coming down the stairs finally with YoungSaeng, having heard the commotion.

KyuHyun looked like he was going to argue more but KyuJong grabbed him by the hand and pulled him inside. "We'll explain, just sit down and shut up."

"Fine," KyuHyun muttered, edging into the room and sitting down. "Someone explain."

JungMin looked like he wasn't stable enough to explain what was going on, so KiBum took up that job. "Yixing had been seeing something weird around KyuJong since he got here," he said, leaning up against the wall. ChangMin sat down out of punching range, sulking. JungMin stood beside him, holding onto YoungSaeng.

"He was only able to piece it all together about an hour or so ago," KiBum continued. "The day of the accident, ChangMin wasn't killed. He was caught between JungMin's explosion and KyuJong's time bubble, and pushed out of time and space by the collision. They just went to the site of the accident and pulled him back into sync with us."

"... What?" KyuHyun looked absolutely stunned, glancing at KyuJong then ChangMin. "And no one bothered to call and tell me what was going on?"

"It was kind of a last minute decision," KyuJong said, sitting back down on the couch. He was still a little pale, not having fully recovered. "The important thing is that ChangMin is alive and back with us."

"With one extra bruise," ChangMin joked, still favoring his sore jaw. "Seriously, I was beat up enough from the falling rubble."

"And he hasn't lost his sense of humor," JungMin shook his head, lips pressed tightly together as he looked away, blinking rapidly.

"I'm sorry for punching you," KyuHyun said sheepishly. "I just thought you were like a shapeshifting assassin or something and no one told me you were going to be here."

"It was Sunny's idea of a surprise," ChangMin chuckled, looking KyuHyun up and down. "Geez, you got old."

"Yah, I'm your hyung now so show me some respect," KyuHyun scowled. "Uh... has anyone called Dust and told her yet?"

"It's not easy to get a hold of her, but I'll try," KyuJong said. "Once I've rested for a bit anyway."

"I was thinking about going to see my parents..." ChangMin glanced at KyuJong. "But if I've been 'dead' for two years then that might not be the best idea, huh."

"We'll figure out how to deal with that," JungMin shook his head. "For now, you're staying here with us."

"Another mouth to feed," KyuJong chuckled softly. "If you don't mind Min, I think I'm going to go home and get some sleep. Can hardly keep my eyes open right now."

YoungSaeng was frowning a little at ChangMin, his head tilted to the side. "You're dead. The darkness won't be after you."

"I guess not, but that doesn't mean I should let myself be seen by anyone who knew me," ChangMin frowned. "But if I'm not being targeted...I can patrol around, see what I can find about this 'darkness' thing."

JungMin glanced at him before looking at KyuJong. "Are you sure you don't want to just crash here?"

"I'll make sure he gets home okay." KiBum stood, hands out to help KyuJong to his feet.

"And where would I sleep?" KyuJong asked, taking KiBum's hands and slowly standing up. "You've got people coming out of the woodwork here Min, you don't need me in the way when I have a perfectly good bed elsewhere."

"Just don't want anyone getting caught out there," JungMin frowned, following them to the door as KiBum helped KyuJong walk.

"We'll be fine," KyuJong assured him, getting his shoes on. He turned back to JungMin, smiling softly at him. Taking JungMin's hands, he pulled him in close to whisper in his ear. "You can finally forgive yourself, okay?"

Swallowing thickly, JungMin pulled back to look down at KyuJong, trying to keep a steady expression. "I'm just glad he's okay," he whispered, exhaling shakily as he looked down.

"Me too," KyuJong replied, kissing his forehead before pulling back. "You could use some sleep too, it's been a rough day for all of us."

JungMin smirked lightly, lips quivering. "Just get yourself and KiBum back to your place safely. We'll see you tomorrow, Kyu.

"We will, bye Min," KyuJong said, letting go of his hands and heading out the door with KiBum behind him.

YoungSaeng had followed them down the hall, padding up silently behind JungMin. "JungMin?" he said softly, touching his arm.

Closing and locking the door, JungMin leaned against the wall and smiled tightly at YoungSaeng. "I'm glad he's back...I really am," he said quietly. "I just need a moment." He could hear ChangMin teasing KyuHyun about something in the living room, launching straight into the familiar banter from two years ago.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" YoungSaeng asked, his brow knitted in worry. "We can watch the sky... the clouds are nice this time of day."

"And leave them down here?" JungMin glanced towards the living room.

"As opposed to in the basement?" YoungSaeng blinked, not understanding the problem. "They'll still be here until later, why not?"

"...I don't know," JungMin shook his head and looked down. He just had this nagging feeling that if he turned his back, ChangMin would disappear again. "Maybe I do need some fresh air."

"Air, yes, clouds, yes, and the sun, yes," YoungSaeng said, taking JungMin's hands in his own. "And me, yes?"

"Yeah," JungMin smiled down at him, exhaling slowly before stepping out of the entrance into view of the living room. "We're going upstairs for a bit."

"..." KyuHyun raised his eyebrow, glancing at JungMin and seeing how they were holdings hands. "You two aren't going to be like rabbits are you? I heard you've been yelling at HeeChul for that."

"Rabbits?" YoungSaeng looked confused at that, looking at JungMin. "When did he become a precog?"

"He's not a precog, he's just a smart ," JungMin sniffed. "Are you...okay down here, ChangMin?"

"Yeah, we're catching up," ChangMin smiled widely. "Then I guess I'll go see everyone in the basement."

"But he knows," YoungSaeng whispered as they started up the stairs to the bedroom. "Normal people, they don't see the future."

"He doesn't see the future..." JungMin blinked, looking down at YoungSaeng. "What...you were planning on being like rabbits upstairs?"

"..." YoungSaeng flushed, lowering his gaze and hurrying up the stairs. "Told you something had to happen first, and it did, and it's been three days!"

JungMin staggered as he was pulled faster up the stairs. "But...you said you weren't ready," he said, confused. "And three days since what, it's been more than three days since Yixing got here."

"Ready now," YoungSaeng said, stopping when they were at the door to JungMin's room. "Three days since KyuHyun came back. The Sworn back together... I probably should have said that earlier."

"...Yeah, you should have clarified that a little more." JungMin's lips quivered slightly as he looked down at YoungSaeng. "Are you sure?" He reached up, running his fingers lightly through YoungSaeng's soft hair.

YoungSaeng nodded, his arms going around JungMin's neck. "Want to be with you," he said softly. "Without knowing what's going to happen beforehand, makes it... nice, exciting... I've never been with anyone before Min... was waiting for you."

JungMin looked down into YoungSaeng's eyes, arms wrapping around the older man. He couldn't say the same for himself, having fooled around quite a bit after high school, but this wasn't fooling around. Not with YoungSaeng.

"Maybe we should move this conversation inside," he murmured, drawing YoungSaeng into the bedroom and shutting the door behind them.

With the door closed behind them, YoungSaeng rested his hands against JungMin's chest, looking up at him from behind his bangs. "This is okay..." he said softly. "Right? I'm okay with it, and you're okay with it, right?"

"Right," JungMin whispered, inhaling deeply. Just being around YoungSaeng was helping him calm down from the breakdown earlier. He knew he'd have to confront those feelings eventually, with ChangMin staying in his house, but right now he just needed YoungSaeng. "We're both okay." He leaned in and kissed YoungSaeng softly.

Eyes slipping closed, YoungSaeng's fingers curled into JungMin's shirt, pressing firmly into the kiss. When he pulled back, his fingers stayed curled into the shirt as he moved backwards towards the bed, drawing JungMin with him. "You've taken such good care of me Min, even if I've been so difficult," he said softly, his eyes locked on JungMin's. He sat down when he reached bed, hesitantly reaching forward to unbuckle JungMin's pants. "I want to take care of you too."

"Saeng..." JungMin murmured, watching YoungSaeng and lifting his hand to run his fingers though YoungSaeng's hair. "You do take care of me, you're here when I need someone."

"I want to do more for you," YoungSaeng said, looking up at him as he slowly pulled down the zipper on his jeans. He pushed up JungMin's shirt so the other man could take it off while he focused on brushing light kisses over his belly and pulling down on his jeans to get them off his hips.

JungMin pulled his shirt over his head and off, dropping it on the floor as YoungSaeng got his pants off, the jeans pooling around his ankles until he kicked them off, leaving him in just his boxers. "You know there's no pressure, right," he murmured, fingers pulling on YoungSaeng's shirt.

"I know," YoungSaeng smiled, running his hands up and down JungMin's torso. "It's okay," he affirmed, pulling back enough to pull his own shirt up and off. Some of the cuts and bruises that had been on his body had healed into visible scars, though those were fading as well. Patting the bed, he smiled at JungMin again. "Lay down."

Raising one eyebrow, JungMin chuckled before sitting down on the bed next to YoungSaeng, shifting to lie down. He pulled YoungSaeng with him, kissing him deeply and looping his arm around the older man's waist.

YoungSaeng continued the kiss, letting it linger as he ran his hands over JungMin's body. He finally had to pull away, slowly making his way down as he pressed kisses to JungMin's chest and belly before he was back to eye level with his boxers. Not that they were on for much longer, and neither were YoungSaeng's pants and boxers.

For the next while, the only sounds were JungMin's heavy breathing, soft gasps of YoungSaeng's names on his lips. It was a sound YoungSaeng could hear for the rest of his life, as well as feeling JungMin's fingers curled into his hair, tightening and relaxing reflexively. 

When it was over, YoungSaeng crawled his way back up JungMin's body, mouthing lightly at his chest and neck before curling up against his side and listening to JungMin's heightened heartbeat.

JungMin breathed in and out slowly, looking down at the other man curled up against him as he wrapped his arms around YoungSaeng. He didn't ask any questions, understanding without needing to be told that YoungSaeng wasn't ready to go any further than that.

He pressed a soft kiss to YoungSaeng's forehead, pulling the blankets up over them with one hand. "I love you Saeng," he murmured against YoungSaeng's hair.

"I love you too, JungMin," YoungSaeng replied softly, trailing his fingers up and down JungMin's chest. "Did your heart stop?"

"I think so, for a moment," JungMin chuckled quietly, closing his eyes. "I don't mind that kind of heart stopping."

"Good," YoungSaeng grinned, nuzzling up closer against him. "...Maybe next time, you can be the one to stop my heart," he said hesitantly.

"That sounds like a plan," JungMin grinned, opening one eye to look down at YoungSaeng with a smile. "We can do that now if you want," he pressed kisses to YoungSaeng's nose and forehead.

Looking up at him, YoungSaeng couldn't help the red stain on his cheeks at that, his finger nails scraping over JungMin's ribs. "...I do," he admitted shyly.

JungMin chuckled, brushing his fingers over YoungSaeng's red cheek. He rolled them over, pressing YoungSaeng's back against the mattress as he kissed along YoungSaeng's neck and collarbone. "You sure?"

Eyes fluttering, YoungSaeng nodded. "Yes... I'm sure," he whispered, running a hand through JungMin's hair.

Grinning, JungMin trailed kisses down YoungSaeng's chest, disappearing under the blankets. Maybe they weren't exactly sleeping together, but this had it's merits too. Maybe they both weren't ready for that yet, and JungMin did want to do this right, for YoungSaeng. The precog already did more for him than he knew.

*********************

"You're getting pencil shavings on the carpet," HyunJoong said tersely, not looking up from his paperwork. "Isn't there somewhere else you can go do that? The scribbling sound has become like nails on a chalkboard."

DongHae looked up from his sketchpad, blinking. "I'm supposed to keep an eye on you," he frowned. "I can't do that if I'm in another room."

"And I can't get any work done if you're hovering and staring at me," HyunJoong said, rubbing at his eyes.

"But I'm not hovering, or staring, I'm in the farthest corner of the room," DongHae replied, flipping the page on his sketchpad to start a new drawing.

HyunJoong stood up abruptly, his chair toppling over backwards as he came around the desk. "What'd I just say?" he barked, grabbing the sketch pad out of DongHae's hands and flinging it across the room. "It's annoying the out of me!"

Startled, DongHae jumped to his feet, the chair hitting the wall. "What the hell!?" He shouted, pushing at HyunJoong's chest. "What did you do that for? I was working on that!"

"And I'm trying to run a company!" HyunJoong shouted back. "I can't get any god damned peace to do my work!"

"Fine!" DongHae yelled, face flushing with anger. "You want me gone, have your peace and quiet!" He grabbed his backpack, markers clattering to the floor as he pushed past HyunJoong to the door. Leaving his sketchpad strewn across the floor, he wrenched the door open and stalked out.

Letting out a growl of frustration, HyunJoong kicked the toppled over chair, yelping when he stubbed his toe in his shoe and fell over. "DongHae!" he called after him, hobbling back up to his feet and trying to scoop up the markers. "Wait!"

Fuming and ignoring HyunJoong's voice, DongHae stopped at the elevators and pressed the button repeatedly; the elevator was stuck at the ground floor. He turned towards the stairs instead, zipping up his backpack and pushing through the door into the stairwell.

"Dammit," HyunJoong swore, limping his way out of his office. "Have security stop him before he leaves the building," he snapped at his secretary, heading to the elevator. By the time he got there, the elevator doors were opening and he got in. Hopefully he'd beat the other man to the lobby. Staring up at the numbers as they slowly ticked down, he clung tightly to the markers in his hands, berating himself for lashing out at DongHae like that, the guy hadn't deserved that at all.

When the elevator doors opened, he stepped out and looked around the lobby for any sign of him.

DongHae had reached the front doors before he was brought up short by security. He tried to push past them and was seized by his arms, pushed back away from the doors. "Let me go!" He scowled at them.

Seeing the commotion near the doors, HyunJoong started toward where he saw the guards and DongHae. "Have my car brought around," he said to one of the guards who nodded and went back to the desk. "DongHae, with me," he said, taking DongHae's arm. "We need to talk."

Gaze snapped to HyunJoong when the other man appeared beside him, DongHae pulled on his arm. "No we don't, just go back to your work and peace and quiet," he snapped, riled up.

"No, I don't want peace and quiet if you're not there!" HyunJoong retorted, pulling him towards the door. "We're going home and we're going to talk and you'll let me apologize properly!"

DongHae staggered after him, hands clenching as he thought about yanking away from the bruising grip. "Jerk," he growled, following rather than be dragged out of the building.

"I know," HyunJoong said, taking him to the waiting car and opening the door. "I'm a jerk, an , a , stupid muffin-brain, all those things," he said, motioning for DongHae to get in. "And you can call me all those whenever you want, how often you want because I deserve it."

The other man got into the car, dropping his backpack onto the floor between his feet. He didn't say anything to that, just scowled down at his lap as he rubbed his sore wrist, the red marks from being pulled around slowly fading.

Climbing in and shutting the door, HyunJoong told the driver to go. For a long while he sat there, letting them both fume in silence before he finally spoke again. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, and throwing your things," he said, lowering his voice.

DongHae didn't look at him, watching outside the window. "If you want me to leave, just say so," he said after a long pause.

"I don't want you to leave," HyunJoong said, shaking his head. "That's the last thing that I want... I'm sorry I have been on edge the past couple of days. I think the stress of all this has finally caught up to me. I don't want you to go anywhere."

Exhaling slowly, DongHae glanced at HyunJoong beside him. "What's wrong?" he asked after a moment.

"I made a mistake yesterday," HyunJoong said, lips pressed together. "And I'm feeling... guilty. This is a new feeling for me."

DongHae blinked, brow furrowing at HyunJoong. "What happened?"

"I made a pass at SungMin when he stopped by," HyunJoong admitted, looking at DongHae. "He declined, and I'm sorry."

The younger man slowly nodded at that, looking away to try and hide the hurt in his eyes. "It's fine...I mean...you guys were together for a while."

"Doesn't matter," HyunJoong said. "It's over for him and I, even if we hadn't voiced that until yesterday. I... want to be better than that. I want to make a commitment to you, because that's what you deserve. You said to wait twenty-four hours, and it's been far longer than that and I still haven't tried to get into your pants. I know it's a silly thing to say, but it's something I'm happy about."

DongHae tugged on a loose thread in his sleeve, focusing on that. "Why's that?" he asked quietly.

HyunJoong frowned, looking down at his hands resting on his knees. "I've always used as a tool of power. To be dominant over someone else because I like complete control. That's what SungMin was for me, someone submissive who I could control. I don't want to control you, I shouldn't control you. That outburst back there was about trying to control you and was wrong."

Letting that sink in, DongHae shook his head and looked at HyunJoong. "Does it scare you? Not having complete control?" he asked, frowning lightly as he pushed back the hurt feelings to try and understand where the other man was coming from.

"A little," HyunJoong nodded. "But what has being in control ever got me? Money, yes, but money isn't everything. I have no friends, a failed romantic life, and I was a criminal for years. Maybe it's about time I relax my grip a bit."

DongHae chewed on his lower lip before reaching out and covering HyunJoong's hand with his own, fingers curling around the other man's. "It's not a bad thing, to not always have control," he murmured.

"I'm still learning," HyunJoong said, glancing over at him. "I'm sorry for what I did. I can't promise I won't make an of myself like that again, but I will promise I'll apologize to you if I do, and mean it." He held out the markers still clutched in his other hand. "And I'll learn from it."