e i g h t

Fragile Heart
Sohee woke up with small, puffy, red eyes. There were huge bags under them as well. Sohee groaned. So that's how much I cried.. Sohee got out of bed and trudged to the bathroom. There was no use in using make-up to cover her bags, since the redness and puffiness of her eyes would no matter what show. Plus, puffy eyes were supposedly 'in' right now.
 
Sohee got ready and headed out the door. She really didn't want to see Jung Kook at all, especially his friends as well. They already hated her, or so she thought, and Sohee just didn't want to face them ever again.
 
She had enough of being bullied with rumors, but to her face by, especially when they knew that she was only a few feet away? That was not okay to Sohee. Especially since they were Jung Kook and J-Hope's friends.
 
She thought that since J-Hope and Jung Kook were such nice people, that their friends would be nice as well.
 
And, yes, they were, but...
 
But they gave Sohee the wrong first impression.
 
Namjoon, Jin, Jimin, and Suga didn't mean to be so mean to Sohee. In fact, they weren't trying to be mean at all. It just sort of.. Happened that way.. It wasn't suppose to happen that way, but it did.
 
And the four felt bad. They knew how Sohee felt. They secretly saw her walking into the school. They saw her eyes, and how small and red, and just terrible they looked.
 
The four knew they had to apologize to Sohee.
 
But they decided to say their sorrys at a later time, possibly during lunch, possibly after school. But they were for sure going to do it.
 
Sohee went to her classes, no one commented on her eyes. But it's not like anyone would. They would probably talk about her without Sohee being in her presence. She rather have that happen then people saying it to her face.
 
As the day went on, no one bothered the shy lady. She didn't see Jung Kook or J-Hope at all today, but it's not like she wanted to. If she did, she would walk away from them. She was too embarrassed to face them after yesterday, especially Jung Kook. He was the first to ever see Kang Sohee cry and the first to hear her not stutter when talking. That was so new and completely rare. It wasn't something just anyone could see.
 
Even Sohee was surprised herself, that she hadn't stuttered in front of Jung Kook. It had been years since she talked so smoothly. The last time she actually talked normally was when she was five or six. But after then, she could never be able to talk normally. She went to doctors, therapists, but nothing helped. She had been too scarred, too hurt, to ever speak without having to stutter or take small pauses.
 
It's funny how the past could change the present.
 
The day ended quickly, and Sohee grabbed her things to go home. As she was about to walk home, someone called her name.
 
"Kang Sohee!"
 
Everyone in the hallways stopped, Sohee as well. Everyone turned to look at the owner of the voice. 
 
It was Jin.
 
It was Jin, Namjoon, Suga, and Jimin. They all walked up to Sohee, but Sohee turned around and walked away. I don't want to talk to those jerks. Sohee stomped away as the four tried catching up to her.
 
The entire day, no one saw Jung Kook. None of them had classes with him either, since he was younger than the others. All the members figured he was mad and didn't want to talk to anyone, but V never understood the whole situation, since he wasn't at the dinner the previous night, he was really confused.
 
"Sohee! Wait, we want to tell you something!"
 
Namjoon shouted, but that made Sohee walk faster.
 
"G-go awa-away!"
 
Sohee shouted and ran. She didn't want to talk to them. She was too embarrassed and mad. Sohee was just a mix of emotions. She was so upset, she hadn't noticed she ran into the arms of someone.
 
Sohee looked up, startled. The male that she ran into was just as surprised as she was.
 
"J-Jung Kook.."
 
Sohee got ahold of herself, but stayed in Jung Kook's arms.
 
Jung Kook's friends had finally catched up. Jimin winked at Jung Kook, seeing the position the two 'love birds' were in. But Jung Kook just glared at him.
 
"What did you guys do to her, again?"
 
"Nothing! We just wanted to apologize!"
 
Suga spoke. Jung Kook let go of Sohee as she turned to look at the four.
 
"A-apolog-gize? A-are you kidding me?"
 
Sohee looked at the four. There was no emotion in her eyes, but there was in her voice. The four looked down, embarrassed.
 
"I-is that all you-you want to s-say? A s-simple sor-sorry? What do-does sorry d-do?"
 
Sohee spoke, still mad. The four had made her feel so sad. Sohee was so sensitive, she got hurt easily.
 
"I-I don't ne-need your sorry."
 
Sohee turned and walked away. She walked home. Jung Kook had followed her, and she knew he was behind her. When Jung Kook reached her pace, he grabbed her hand and swayed his and hers together. He seemed to always do that when they were together. Sohee had now gotten used to it, no longer afraid of who it might be because she knew it was Jung Kook.
 
Sohee wouldn't, and didn't, want to admit it, but she enjoyed the feeling of her hand intertwined with his. Their hands fit together like a puzzle piece, and they both knew that very well.
 
It was like they were already a couple..
 
But Sohee refused to think of him any other way than just a man she knows that would be so kind to her. She refused to think of him as a crush. If she liked him in that way, it would mean that she actually trusted him. And that was something she didn't.
 
Sohee refused to trust anyone. She didn't want to. She was too afraid to be hurt again. She figured that if she didn't give out her trust, she wouldn't be hurt in that way anymore.
 
When the two reached Sohee's apartment, Jung Kook let go of Sohee's hand.
 
"T-thank you, Jung K-Kook."
 
Sohee opened the door to her apartment. It had been a while since Jung Kook had walked her over.
 
"Sohee let's go-"
 
"I'll s-see you tomo-orrow, m-maybe.."
 
And with that, Sohee shut the door on Jung Kook, again. Everytime Jung Kook would say something to Sohee at her apartment, she would shut the door on him in the middle of the sentence.
 
Jung Kook chuckled. Rejected, yet again. Jung Kook shook his head and walked home. He really wanted to ask her that one question.. Maybe next time.
 
 




 

HELLOSSSSS. OMG. I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF. I FINISHED THIS CHAPTER THE SAME DAY I FINISHED CHAPTER SEVEN XDD I just didn't want to post it, bwahahahaha. Tbh, I wrote all these chapters before I even posted the story LOL. I was so excited to start this story~~ But you know. I didn't feel like posting it XDD I like, neglected all my other stories for this one, tbh XDD Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. I wonder what Jung Kook was going to ask.. And when will he ask it? Keke c:<