e i g h t e e n

Fragile Heart
Sohee cried more. How can someone be so nice?
 
"Ho-how c-can you for-forgive me so-so easily? I'm always so m-mean to you."
 
"Because you're Kang Sohee. Even if I know nothing, I can tell you're like this for a reason; a bad past you've once had. I just want you to know that I won't leave you; that I'll forever be at your side even if no one else is. Because I love Kang Sohee."
 
Jung Kook rolled the words off his tongue as if he had been practicing speaking the five, simple words. Those five words sounded like heaven in Sohee's ears as her face quickly flushed a crimson red of embarassment. He.. He loves me? Sohee thought repeatedly. On the other hand, Jung Kook was nervous over his confession. He was afraid that she wouldn't accept his love for her. Oh god.. What if I just made a mistake?! But he tried his best not to show how nervous he was.
 
When Sohee hadn't spoke a word, and just stared at Jung Kook as if he had grown a second head, Jung Kook's confidence began to drop. She didn't say anything, which must meant that Sohee didn't return the feelings; the feelings weren't mutual. Jung Kook began to grow disappointed.
 
"R-really?"
 
Sohee's first words to Jung Kook were not the words he had expected to hear. But nonetheless, he noddedd his head. A small smile formed over Sohee's lips as he nodded. Jung Kook saw, and his confidence slightly rose. Maybe the feelings are mutual!
 
"Really, Jung Kook? Y-you l-love me? Me?"
 
Sohee spoke once more, just to confirm one last time that she had heard right. Inside, she was ecstatic. Jeon Jeongguk had just confess to her. Knowing that he liked, no loved, her, Sohee was beyond happy. She refused to believe that he liked her first, because, she just couldn't take in the news; she wouldn't believe it because he was so popular; so well liked. Why would he like her? But now, hearing the actual words come out of his mouth, Sohee was sure of her feelings as well. She only denied them because she felt that he wouldn't like her back.
 
The only reason why Kang Sohee was always so mean to Jeon Jeongguk, even when he was so nice to her, was because she was afraid.
 
She was afraid of abandoment; afraid of losing another loved one.
 
Losing things.. They weren't something Kang Sohee could handle.
 
"Yes, I do. I love Kang Sohee. Even when everyone says that I won't love you forever, I will. As time passes, my love only grows; it doesn't shrink. Because in my eyes, Kang Sohee is perfect."
 
Sohee let the tears fall again at the heart warming confession and hugged Jung Kook as tight as her skinny arms could. For once in her life, Sohee cried tears of joy.
 
And it was all because of Jeon Jeongguk.
 
"I-I love yoou-you too, Jung Kook."
 
Jung Kook's eyes became wide and he forgot how to breathe. He forgot all words he knew. His mind went blank. The only thing he remembered clearly was Sohee's confession. It was running through his mind at all different types of speeds. He couldn't. Contain. The. Feels.
 
Jung Kook instantly hugged back, even tighter than Sohee hugged him. Sohee laughed happily and Jung Kook did the same.
 
Suddenly, the bell rang, signaling lunch was over. But at that moment, Sohee's stomach growled. Jung Kook chuckled and Sohee cringed away in embarrasement.
 
"Come on, let's go to the main office. We'll tell them about Subin and then they'll let you eat.. And hopefully I'll get to eat too."
 
Sohee laughed and nodded as the two walked towards the main office, hand in hand. The hallways quickly grew crowded, and everyone noticed their interaction. Many were shocked, most females were angry. But Sohee ignored them.
 
She had the right to be happy. And if she was happy next to Jung Kook's side, then she can, and will, stay next to him. And if Jung Kook wanted to do the same, then he will. After all, it is their choice, and no one else's. They controlled their life. They didn't need someone to control it for them because they weren't puppets.
 
When Sohee and Jung Kook arrived at the main office, the secretary basically shrieked at the sight of Sohee, because, well, she still had a deep shade of red on her left cheek. Subin's hand was still imprinted there. That's how hard Sohee was slapped, how sad. Plus, Sohee's eyes were very swollen, red, and puffy. Basically, she looked like a total mess.
 
Yet, Jung Kook still thought Sohee looked beautiful.
 
"Miss, what happened?! You need to go to the nurse right away!"
 
The secretary spoke. Sohee nodded and walked towards the nurse's office. Jung Kook, on the otherhand, was asked questions on how Sohee got into the state she was in. He explained everything to the principal. In the end, the principal decided it was best that Subin was expelled. And so, she was.
 
Jung Kook went to check up on Sohee at the nurse. There was an ice pack against Sohee's cheek. She was also eating some lunch. A smile crept onto Jung Kook's face as he watched.
 
"Sir, are you here to check up on your girlfriend?"
 
"She's not-... Yeah. How is she?"
 
"Sohee's doing fine. She just needs that ice pack against her cheek for a while.. Uhm, did you eat lunch yet, sir?"
 
"Not yet, no."
 
"Then you can join your girlfriend here. You guys can leave whenever."
 
Jung Kook nodded and bowed. The nurse gave him a tray with a sandwich and a water bottle. Jung Kook took a seat in front of Sohee. Sohee saw Jung Kook and smiled slightly. She was almost done with her lunch.
 
"S-sorry for wa-wasting your l-lunch period.."
 
"If  I hadn't came, then you would've been really hurt. Don't be sorry, Sohee-ah."
 
Sohee nodded and the two enjoyed a nice silence. Jung Kook continued eating. When Jung Kook finished, Sohee offered to go to class. Jung Kook agreed and walked her over to her class after getting a late slip from the nurse.
 
When the two arrived at Sohee's classroom door, they bid goodbyes. Jung Kook gave Sohee a small peck on the cheek and Sohee stood in her position, shocked. Her face flustered and she quickly ssaid goodbye to Jung Kook. She entered the classroom and gave her teacher the slip. Sohee took her seat in the back of the classroom. She looked at the door, only to see Jung Kook still there. She motioned for him to leave and he winked. Sohee cringed back in embarrassement and tried to focus on the teacher as Jung Kook left. Aish, Jung Kook.. You meanie poo. How do I concentrate on the lesson now?
 
Jung Kook walked to his class and handed the teacher his slip from the nurse. He took his seat in the middle of the classroom and tried to concentrate on the lesson. But Sohee took over his mind. Kyyaaa~ Sohee's so cute! Jung Kook smiled to himself and tried to focus on the teacher.
 
When school had ended, Sohee saw Jung Kook all packed up, waiting at her locker. She saw the other BTS guys as well. She cautiously walked to her locker. When she was close, everyone noticed her.
 
"SOHEE!"
 
V hugged Sohee tightly; so tightly, she couldn't breathe. V noticed and let go.
 
"Sorry, Sohee. I JUST HEARD YOU AND JUNG KOOK ARE DATING NOW AND I WANTED TO CONGRATULATE YOU TWO! THIS IS JUNG KOOK'S FI- MMMFFFFF."
 
Jung Kook covered V's mouth with a glare. When he turned to look at Sohee, his smile came back. Sohee watched him, amused. She got her things out of her locker and walked with the seven BTS members.
 
"Sohee, since you and Jung Kook are dating, you're going to be our best friends, okay?"
 
Jimin looked at Sohee with a grin plastered all over his cute face. Sohee nodded, and smiled. She still didn't feel totally comfortable with the six other BTS members. But, she tried her best. If Jung Kook is nice and trusting, his friends must be as well.
 
The eight walked Sohee to her house.  They talked and got to know each other more. Sohee found out that Jimin loved dancing, Jung Kook and J-Hope as well. Suga and Namjoon liked rapping. They free styled a little for her, and she applauded, because they were indeed very skilled. Jung Kook also rapped, he sang as well. V, Jin, and J-Hope also liked to sing.
 
"Neon nami doego ohiryeo deo joha boyeo pretty woman, yeah yeah yeah yeah~"
 
"O yalmipgedo yeojeonhi neon joha boyeo pretty woman, oh pretty woman~"
 
Jung Kook and Jin sang. Sohee laughed at the two as they continued singing. She clapped after they finished, enjoying the small performance. 
 
Soon, Sohee and the BTS guys arrived at Sohee's apartment complex. Before they left, Jung Kook invited her to an underground show that was happening tonight. Sohee agreed to go, since all the BTS members were performing. Jung Kook promised to pick her up at 7:00 and Sohee bit her lip, trying not to smile. She nodded and the rest left.
 
Sohee entered her apartment with a huge grin over her face. She placed her keys and backpack down and kicked off her shoes as she ran towards her room. She jumped onto her bed and screamed into her pillow like a fan girl.
 
Tonight was going to be a nice night.
 
 
 




 

Hiii!!^^ Do you like the chapter? LOL. I think it's a little boring, but meh. I hoped you all enjoyed :)  Hehe. Jung Kook and Sohee are finally (somewhat) going out~^^ :DDD LOL. FINALLY. IT TOOK A WHILE. But this story is no where near done ;3 hehe. Well, I hope you all enjoyed your day c: KBYEE~~ <3 Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions and upvotes :)
 
Also, sorry for getting in trouble with my parents >.< This is pronanly the only story I'll be updating, since I have a lot of prewritten chapters. So yeah, but updates won't be frequent. They will no longer be one chapter every week, sorry :( I feel like I've disappointed you all.. So yeah, I'm sorry :(
 
My previous chapters ( { note } and Hiatus) will be taken down once I've returned from being on hiatus. Hopefully, that will be in November, since report cards come out then, and I can convince my parents to let me use the computer if I get good grades. But that's a big if, since my parents think I'm stupid which, I kind of am.. Yeah.. Ahem.. Okay, I think I've taken up enough of your time. Thanks for you who sticked with me, and the new subscribers :) <3