s i x

Fragile Heart
Jung Kook woke up with a smile on his face. He had dreamt of Sohee. People would think it's weird, but isn't that what you do when you fall in love? Don't you dream about that one person?
 
Jung Kook's dream wasn't entirely weird. He just dreamed of a life where Sohee actually loved him. He dreamt of the day they would be happy together. That's all Jung Kook wanted; it was all he could ask for.
 
As long as Jung Kook had Kang Sohee, he had happiness.
 
Jung Kook walked to class with a smile on his face. He had been smiling all morning. He really was in love with Kang Sohee, and anyone within miles could tell.
 
Sohee was beautiful, but guys don't really like her. They found Sohee weird and just unusual because she looked mean and didn't talk. Not to mention she got perfect scores in honors classes. Kang Sohee really was the perfect person, but only if she talked...
 
If only, if only, if only...
 
Those two words are Sohee's life. If only she talked. If only she didn't look mean. If only she wasn't shy. If only she wasn't weird.
 
If only, if only, if only...
 
But it's not like Jung Kook cared. He liked how perfect she was. She was imperfectly perfect to him. Her perfect look, perfect grades, yet imperfect personality. But her imperfect personality, only made Jung Kook like her more.
 
He liked how her shyness made her so imperfect, how it stood out to everyone. Everyone hated how shy Sohee was, which was why it made her imperfect, even though it's not really an imperfection.
 
So maybe Kang Sohee truly is the perfect person.
 
But because no one really knows her true self, people think otherwise.
 
Jung Kook took a seat in the back of the classroom. Everyone came and piled up before him. Being the nice person he was, he listened and talked to everyone. He gave the girls cute smiles as he talked to all of them. He talked nicely to the guys, making sure not to say the wrong word to them.
 
Jung Kook truly was friends with everyone except Kang Sohee. And boy, did he want to change that greatly.
 
Sohee watched Jung Kook from afar. She saw how kind he was to everyone, and she was jealous. She was jealous of how well-liked Jung Kook was while she was hated by everyone. She hated the fact that everyone disliked her greatly, and she was jealous of how everyone loved Jung Kook.
 
But Kang Sohee was most jealous of how nice he was to everyone.
 
Sohee sighed, wondering, Jung Kook is so popular, he is loved by everyone, and here I am, hated by the world. I live life as if nothing was a miracle, I live it like it's hell to me, because it is. But Jung Kook lives it as if it is a miracle, being happy and nice every minute he lives his life. Why does he even want to talk to me? Should I even give him a chance? Sohee shook her head lightly and turned away, no longer looking at Jung Kook. She walked towards her class, and sat in the back as well.
 
But all this time, Jung Kook knew Sohee was standing there, looking at him. He saw her walk towards his class, but turned away before she could even see he noticed. When she walked away, Jung Kook took a glance then too, knowing that she must've been standing there, watching him.
 
He secretly smiled to himself, happy that he finally caught the attention of Kang Sohee. 
 
Class started and everyone took their seat. Jung Kook was still smiling, thinking of Sohee. She finally noticed me.. Now, will she finally talk to me as well? Jung Kook's grin only grew wider at the thought, and he stayed like that for the rest of class.
 
When school ended, Sohee walked home as usual. She saw Jung Kook packing up and hurried out the gates of school. She didn't want him to see her, mainly because she didn't want to talk to him. Sohee sighed in relief after walking a bit and turning around, not seeing him. She continued on her usual pace until someone grabbed her shoulder.
 
"Ah!"
 
Sohee turned around and covered her face with her arms from the 'monster' behind her. She heard the man chuckle softly.
 
"Kang Sohee, you're so funny, you know that?"
 
"Huh?"
 
Sohee uncovered her face and looked at the man in front of her. She didn't recognize him and frowned. She turned away and started to walk off, not wanting to speak to him. She didn't trust people, but strangers especially.
 
"Kang Sohee, wait up!"
 
Sohee just walked faster. She wanted to get away from this creep. Who is he?! And what does he want?! UGH, STALKERS! Sohee walked faster and faster.
 
But Sohee was too slow, and the man just grab her wrist. Sohee didn't turn around, she didn't want to see the man's face, although it was beautiful.
 
"Kang Sohee, look at me."
 
Sohee still didn't turn around. The man got anooyed and made Sohee look at him. Sohee frowned.
 
"P-please go-go awa-ay. I don't even kn-know y-you."
 
Sohee tried to get out of the man's grasp, but couldn't. He was too strong for her.
 
"I'm J-Hope, now you know me."
 
J-Hope smiled at Sohee, but Sohee didn't smile back. She still kept her frowned face. J-Hope got the message and rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand awkwardly.
 
"So, uhm, are you friends with Jung Kook?"
 
"N-no, why do you as-ask?"
 
Sohee kept stuttering. She couldn't talk to people without doing it. She was nervous and scared everytime someone talked to her. She didn't want to talk to anyone, because she knew that she wouldn't be able tot be comfortable around them. She never would be, it was impossible for her.
 
"Oh.. Well I'm his friend.. And I just wanted to know if you'd like to join us for dinner tonight. A friend of ours will be out, and it's a little awkward to have dinner with only six people.. And we already made reservations for seven.. So would you like to come? Jung Kook will be there, so you'll have two people that you know."
 
J-Hope smiled at Sohee, but Sohee was confused. She didn't know if she should go or not. Sohee didn't want to admit it, but she loved being around Jung Kook. He made her feel safe, he made her feel liked, and Sohee enjoyed that feeling.
 
"I-I don't know, J-h-hope-shii.."
 
"Well, if you decide to join us, come to Crown at seven. Wear something.. Causally fancy. Like a dress, maybe? We like to randomly have casual-fancy dinners."
 
J-Hope kept smiling at Sohee, and a very small grin appeared on her face. J-Hope noticed and laughed.
 
"I hope to see you there!"
 
And with that, J-Hope ran off. Sohee still didn't know if she should go or not. After all, she just met him. Plus, who knows, maybe he's lying. But Sohee still thought about going anyway...
 
 
 




 

Annyeong my little chingus~^^ I hope you like the update =DDD Hmmm... I wonder if J-Hope is lying? Keke c:< Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading it :) It took me a while to write, cause I didn't know what should happen XDDDD I hope you all like my story so far, and sorry it OTL. Oh, and I've made a story featuring Jimin :) Check it out?^^