t w e n t y s e v e n

Fragile Heart
"Jeon Jeongguk, you will be marrying my daughter, Park Subin."
 
At that moment, Sohee's heart stopped beating. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't talk- there was nothing she could do. Her body just shut down, and if it wasn't for Jung Kook, then she would've fell right to the ground.
 
Jung Kook caught Sohee just in time and sat her down on a nearby chair in the office. She took this time to jusdt calm down and watch.
 
"What?! I am not marrying Subin."
 
Jung Kook spoke with confidence. Subin just smirked and walked over to the boy.
 
"Awh, baby, well then that's too bad, isn't it? Because you're going to whether you like it or not."
 
Subin Jung Kook's cheek as she spoke, but he quickly slapped her hand away. Jung Kook was fed up with Sohee. He couldn't handle her 'funny business.'
 
"I'm not, okay? My mother won't even allow it."
 
"Actually.."
 
The man in the suit who had stayed silent finally spoke up. Jung Kook raised a brow.
 
"Your mother had already approved. We contacted her a few days ago, and she agreed. You really have no way out of this, Mr. Jeon."
 
The man spoke. Jung Kook was bewildered. At that moment, everyone in the room heard the door slam shut. Jung Kook looked around and someone was missing- a girl was missing. And her name was Kang Sohee.
 
"Well, I have Sohee. So I'm not going to marry Subin. Goodbye."
 
Jung Kook quickly walked out of the room to catch Sohee. She was running down the hallway, so Jung Kook decided to ran too. He had to catch up with her.
 
"Sohee!"
 
Sohee stopped immediately. She stopped walking and just stayed in her spot, almost lifeless. She waited for Jung Kook to finally catch up to her.
 
"Sohee.."
 
Sohee turned around and hugged Jung Kook tightly. She knew that he loved her and would not leave her, so she wasn't mad at Jung Kook though. But she was human, and all humans become jealous.
 
"Y-you're n-not g-going to m-marry Su-Subin, right?"
 
Sohee hiccupped. Jung Kook shook his head, indicating no. Of course, he won't marry Subin. Marrying Subin was equivalent to giving his soul to the devil, and that is something he would never do.
 
"Aniyo, I won't. I have you, I don't need nor do I want Subin. All I need is Kang Sohee."
 
Sohee smiled a bit, happy to hear those words  coming from Jung Kook. She hugged him even more tightly. The two stayed like that until Sohee broke free first. She wiped off her remaining tears and stared at Jung Kook with a slight smile.
 
"Let's go to my house."
 
Sohee nodded and the two left the school.
 
~
 
When the two arrived at Jung Kook's house, Sohee was no longer sad. Her tears had stopped and she was smiling slightly. She was happy to have a boyfriend like Jung Kook, because he could always make her happy no matter what happened.
 
But this time, going to Jung Kook's house was a bad idea.
 
When the two entered the living room, a couple sat in the leather seats, drinking tea and laughing ocassionally. Jung Kook cleared his throat to get the two's attention.
 
Although, he knew who the two people were.
 
The two, man and woman, looked at Jung Kook with a smile, but darkened upon seeing Sohee.
 
"Jung Kook, who is this?"
 
The women demanded, clearly unhappy. Sohee gulped, completely intimidated by the women. Her expression was full of hatred. Even Subin didn't look like that. That made Sohee beyond scared.
 
"Omonim, this is Kang Sohee. She's my girlfri-"
 
"GIRLFRIEND?! JUNG KOOK, HOW DARE YOU? YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED IN A MATTER OF WEEKS, YOU CANNOT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND."
 
Jung Kook's mother spoke angrily. She glared at Sohee and right then, Sohee wanted to cry. But she couldn't, because she had to pretend to be strong.
 
"Get out."
 
Jung Kook's mother spoke at Sohee. Sohee knew it was directed towards her, because Mrs. Jeon was glaring at her. Sohee didn't know what to do and just stood there in shock.
 
"I-I-"
 
"I SAID, GET. OUT."
 
Sohee rushed to leave, but Jung Kook grabbed her wrist before she left. Sohee stared at him, eyes wide, but teary. Jung Kook had a look of sadness across his face, pleading for Sohee not to go.
 
"Please, stay."
 
"Jung Ko-"
 
"NO, MOM. SHE'S STAYING."
 
Jung Kook shouted. Sohee stared at him in shock. The nice, caring boy Sohee knew was not with her right now. Right before her eyes, was a boy full of hatred and anger.
 
"For years, you never once took care of me. For my seventeen years of living, not once had we actually had a family dinner together. Not once, did you ever stay with me for more than one hour. Not once did you show me any signs of love. Not once, did you ever tell me you loved me. So right now, you do not have the right to make me marry someone since you never treated me as if I was your own child."
 
Jung Kook spoke. The room became still and silent. No one knew what to say, and Sohee felt more awkward than ever. Finally, the man who hadn't spoken a word, but was assumed to be Jung Kook's father, spoke.
 
"It seems... That you really like Kang Sohee. Therefore, we shall give her one week. If she can prove to us that she loves Jung Kook in one week, with all her heart, then we shall break the marriage between him and Subin, and Jung Kook can continue to date Sohee."
 
Mr. Jeon spoke calmly. Jung Kook broke into the derpiest, widest smile ever. He had known that this would happen, because his father had shown love towards him. Jung Kook hugged his father and Mr. Jeon smiled. 
 
Mrs. Jeon, however, was very unhappy.
 
Jung Kook and Sohee retreated to talk in Jung Kook's room.
 
Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, needed some time to talk.
 
"How could you do that?! Why did you do that?!"
 
Mrs. Jeon spoke, her eyebrows creased. Mr. Jeon just smiled.
 
"He is our son, and he deserves happiness. You know, Jung Kook is right. You never once showed him any form of affection. This time, you need to let Jung Kook have happiness. It's clear that he really likes Sohee, and if Sohee truly likes him, then we should let them be together. Jung Kook is no longer a child, and we can't control him forever."
 
Mrs. Jeon sighed and glared at Mr. Jeon, but nonetheless nodded her head. 
 
After all, he was right.
 
Jung Kook and Sohee, on the otherhand, were in Jung Kook's room. She had finally burst into tears when they reached  the said room. Jung Kook comforted her with sweet words. Or, at least, tried.
 
"Y-your m-mother, she-she doesn't l-like me."
 
"I'm sorry, Sohee. Just.. Give it some time. She will eventually like you, I promise. I know you love me, so all you need to do is show it."
 
"B-but I-I can't exp-press my f-feelings well, you-you know th-that."
 
"S-"
 
Jung Kook's voice was cut off by a knocking from his door. He told the person to come in, and it turned out to be Jung Kook's father. He was happy, but his expression immediately saddened upon seeing Sohee's broken state. He walked towards Sohee and patted her head.
 
"Sohee-ah, I'm sorry Jung Kook's mother treated you wrongly. If I had known it was going to this extent, I would've stopped her immediately. Please, do not cry. I promise you, Jung Kook and Subin will not get married. Seeing how sad you are to leave him, I know that you deeply care about him. If you can show how much you love Jung Kook in one week's time to Mrs. Jeon, then she will for sure accept you then. I promise, so please, do not cry."
 
Sohee wiped her tears away and tried to stop crying. When she had finally stopped, Jung Kook and Mr. Jeon smiled at her. She sniffed a little, but remained calm.
 
"Th-thank you, Mr. J-Jeon."
 
Sohee bowed. Mr. Jeon chuckled and waved it off.
 
"It was nothing. Now, good luck, Sohee. I know you can do it. Fighting!"
 
Everyone laughed a little and Mr. Jeon left the room to give Sohee and Jung Kook space. Sohee turned to look at Jung Kook and smiled.
 
"W-we'll be t-together."
 

 

 

 
 




 

Is this chapter short? Idk OTL But I hope you enjoyed it c: Hehe~ So things will get better, I promise. Mrs. Jeon isn't a total , so don't worry about it too much, haha~ So yeah :) I promise future chapters will be longer. I'm so sorry about  how some chapters are long whilst some are super short. I promise though, there will be more long chapters than there are short chapters. Thanks for all the subscribers and upvoters and commentors btw :) Love ya all~ >U<
 
Also, please support me in my new story featuring Kris Wu of EXO!
This story is a romcom so :3 please check it out~ ^^ <3