s e v e n

Fragile Heart
Sohee looked at herself in the mirror and nodded in approval.
 
L_g0024991950.jpg
She couldn't believe she was actually going to go.
 
Should I really go? I don't know... I already dressed up, so might as well.. I guess.. Sohee bit her bottom lip. She decided to go anyway, hoping that J-Hope hadn't lied about this.
 
She grabbed her bag and headed out the door. She walked to Crown, enjoying the night breeze. It was nice, considering how hot it was in the afternoon.
 
It took Sohee about 20 minutes before she arrived at Crown. It was now 7:02. Two minutes late.. I guess it's not that bad..? Sohee walked in and went to the front desk.
 
"U-uh, I'm h-here for-for-"
 
"Sohee! Over here!"
 
Sohee turned to her left and saw J-Hope smiling, signaling for her to come over. Sohee bowed at the lady at the front desk and went over to J-Hope. There was an empty seat between him and Jung Kook.
 
Jung Kook stared at her, surprised that she was here and surprised by her look. She looked even more beautiful tonight than any other day he had seen her. Wow...
 
"Sit here, Sohee."
 
J-Hope smiled and Sohee sat down in the empty seat. All the guys stared at her as she stared back. Her facial expression turned worried, afraid that these people around wouldn't like her.
 
"Sohee, hello."
 
Sohee turned to her right and saw Jung Kook. Her eyes became bright and she smiled slightly.
 
"Jung Kook-shii!"
 
Jung Kook's eyes widened, surprised by her sudden outburst of excitement. Sohee's expression became embarrassed and Jung Kook chuckled softly. This was the first time he had heard Sohee talk without stuttering. He was happy to see her, but it was unexpected as well. He didn't know that Sohee was going to come, and he was bit mad at J-Hope for not telling him.
 
"J-Hope, can I, uh, talk to you for a second?"
 
Jung Kook asked. J-Hope smirked and got up as well as Jung Kook. Sohee watched as the two walked away.
 
"A-annyeongha-hasaeyo, K-Kang Sohe-ee ibnida."
 
"Uhh.."
 
The guys didn't know how to respond so Sohee looked down. She could tell that they didn't like her, and she grew sad.
 
Meanwhile, Jung Kook was talking to J-Hope.
 
"Since when did you two become friends?"
 
"We aren't friends, chill. I don't think she even likes me, considering I basically stalked her this afternoon."
 
J-Hope chuckled while Jung Kook looked at J-Hope sternly.
 
"You could've told me she was coming, you know."
 
"Nah, I thought it'd be better to surprise you."
 
J-Hope winked at Jung Kook, but Jung Kook glared at him. J-Hope smiled and walked back to their seat as well as the younger. Jung Kook walked over with a smile, but it turned into a frown once he saw Sohee looking down, her facial expression sad.
 
"Sohee, what's wrong?"
 
Sohee looked at Jung Kook and bit her bottom lip.
 
"Did the guys do anything to you?"
 
Jung Kook glared at the four friends.
 
"We didn't do anything!"
 
Jimin said and pouted. Sohee looked up.
 
"I-I think that I sh-should le-leave. I do-don't think-k your f-friends w-want-t me he-here.."
 
Sohee got up to leave but Jung Kook grabbed her wrist. 
 
"Ani, it's okay. Stay. What would you like to eat?"
 
Jung Kook smiled at Sohee, but she looked a bit uneasy. She still didn't like to be around people. Sohee still didn't even know Jung Kook that much. She felt that she should leave, she regretted coming, but only a little bit, since she liked Jung Kook's company.
 
"U-uh, can I ha-have.. W-well I'm n-not th-that hungry.. So I'll j-just have-e a sa-salad.."
 
Jung Kook nodded and ordered for Sohee. Everyone, except J-Hope, stared at the two weirdly.
 
"Do you think they're dating?"
 
Jimin asked Suga. Suga shook his head.
 
"No, no.. They can't be.. Sohee looks so awkward to even be with him.."
 
"Sohee, do you want anything to drink?"
 
J-Hope smiled at Sohee. Sohee asked for water, and he ordered it for her.
 
"Do you think J-Hope also likes Sohee?"
 
Jin whispered to Suga and Jimin. He had been listening on their conversation and decided to join in. Namjoon joined in as well.
 
"No, I don't think so.. He's probably just being nice to Sohee? I don't know.."
 
The four whispered to each other while the other three just stared at them.
 
"What do you think they're talking about?"
 
J-Hope leaned closely to Sohee. Sohee's eyes widened at the close contact.
 
"U-uh, I-I-"
 
"Who knows, it could be anything."
 
Jung Kook joined in the conversation. Sohee's eyes widened more at the sudden close contact between Jung Kook. She was sandwiched between the two, and she felt uncomfortable.
 
"Just look at those two, J-Hope and Jung Kook. They're so close to Sohee. If Sohee turns her head, she could kiss one of them."
 
Jin muttered. The three nodded.
 
"Uh, guys, are you whispering about us?"
 
J-Hope raised a brow. The four all coughed and straightened themselves up, embarrassed by being caught. They all nervously and awkwardly chuckled.
 
"Us? Psh, nah.. We.. We were just talking about the food.."
 
Jimin smiled in a fake manner.
 
"Yeah, sure.."
 
Jung Kook raised a brow at the four, but ignored them afterward. The food arrived and they all ate. The rest of the dinner consisted of whispering. Very few talks between all of them happened. And when it did happen, it was just to ask about the food.
 
It was an awkward dinner for the seven.
 
After a while, everyone declared that they were finished with their food. They all enjoyed the food, but the group was... Awkward. The bill came and everyone took a look at it.
 
"I-I'll p-pay for my h-half.. And t-tax as well."
 
Sohee took out her wallet, but Jung Kook stopped her.
 
"Ani, I'll pay for your food."
 
"No, d-don't. I w-will pa-ay."
 
Sohee took out the amount of money needed for pay. She put it in the little wallet-folder like check.
 
"T-thank you f-for inviting me, J-Hope-shii. B-but I d-don't thi-think your frie-ends like m-me very muc-uch."
 
Sohee muttered and walked away. She left the six boys and went home. Aish, such an awkward dinner.. And it's all because of me! Ugh, I bet those four boys hate me, they kept talking about me during the dinner, I just know it. Sohee felt sad and uncomfortable. New people now hated her, and she disliked that greatly.
 
"Sohee thinks you guys hate her."
 
J-Hope spoke to Namjoon, Jin, Jimin, and Suga. The four boys looked down, ashamed.
 
"Sorry.. But we just.. Felt a little.. Uncomfortable with her around."
 
Jung Kook frowned, knowing that Sohee felt that way in the beginning of the dinner, when she had told him she thought the four hated her.
 
"You should've tried to make her feel welcomed. She's hated by almost everyone, you know that? You just made her feel mored hated, probably. I'm leaving, goodnight."
 
Jung Kook left and ran out the door. He had to find Sohee to make her feel better. He saw a black figure in the distance and ran up, thinking it was Sohee. It was, and Jung Kook smiled. He grabbed her hand and swayed his and hers together like the first time. Sohee was startled, and looked at the man with alarmed eyes. When Jung Kook turned and met eyes with her, Sohee's expression softened.
 
"I-it's only y-you, Jung Kook-shii.."
 
"You don't have to be so formal, Sohee."
 
Jung Kook smiled, but Sohee didn't.
 
"Your friends... T-they do-don't like me-e."
 
Sohee choked out after a long silence between the two. Jung Kook grew sad, seeing that Sohee's expression became a frown, a deep frown.
 
"No, they don't. They just felt a bit uncomfortable, that's it."
 
"But either way, it's because of me, Jung Kook."
 
Sohee stopped and frowned at Jung Kook. She let go of his hand.
 
"They don't like me because I am that girl that everyone hates. They felt uncomfortable because I was around, the weird girl disliked by everyone because she doesn't talk, because she looks mean."
 
Jung Kook was startled by Sohee's sudden outburst. She didn't stutter, she was mad. This was rare for Sohee, but she had to say what was said.
 
"I understand that people don't like me, but to have it been seen right in front of my eyes, to hear every word they were saying about me. Your friends were only a few feet away. Do your friends not have manners? Do they not care about the person they are talking about when they are only a few feet away?"
 
Sohee was on the verge of tears. If she spoke one more word, the tears would start flowing out.
 
"Sohee, I'm so sorry.."
 
"Don't be sorry, Jung Kook. You can't change everyone in the world. People are who they are, they judge the people they don't like. I don't even know why you and J-Hope-shii would talk to me, Jung Kook. You're so popular, it's obvious that every girl loves you. Yet, I'm the one you talk to. Why? Why is that? I don't understand."
 
Sohee was now crying. Jung Kook felt bad. He grabbed her and pushed her into his arms. They stayed like that for a long time. It seemed like hours to Sohee.
 
But Sohee got out of his grasp.
 
"I'm sorry Jung Kook, but please, leave me alone. I want to go home. Please don't follow me."
 
Sohee left Jung Kook, and Jung Kook just stared at her in amazement. He was shocked, he had never heard the quiet, shy lady talk so much, and without stuttering as well. It was a rare sight to see.
 
He didn't like it.
 
Mainly because she was like that because of the way his friends had treated her, the way everyone had treated her. He didn't like to see the one he loved cry, it made him want to cry.
 
Jung Kook walked home in anger. He was mad that everyone made Sohee feel this way. He was mad at his friends especially.
 
Jung Kook fell asleep after hours of thinking.
 
 




 

Hi hi. Omg. This chapter. Quite long, longer than I expected OTL. I hope you liked it though. SOHEE OMG. SHE WAS ALL MAD AND WASN'T SHY. So rare lol. I wonder what I will write next.. Seriously XDD Hmm.. What will Jung Kook do.. I wonder.. OTL. MORE SCOLDING! AND FROM THE MAKNAE TOO HOW SAD. Tsk tsk, Jimin, Jin, Namjoon, and Suga. You should know better XDD ANYWAYSSS. SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE IS ALWAYS OPTIONAL. KBYEE. And sorry for the update thingy when I didn't really update. I was writing another chapter and accidentally forgot to click 'hide chapter' before saving it. I'm so sorry :(