Single and Proud

I'm His Baby's Mama

10 years later

 

Naeun walked in the streets of Seoul with her chin up high and a smile on her face. She entered a building near the city and the lights with a smile on her face.

Outside the building were huge letters written "Single and Proud."

People started entering as she cleaned the room a bit.

 

"Hello, welcome back." She greeted the ladies and few men that entered.

"How has your day been going?" A young lady asked with a smile. "Very good. Woke up on the right side of the bed this morning." Naeun said and grabbed her coffee with a smile.

 

"Okay is everyone here?" She asked with a smile and clasping her hands together. "Yes!" They said in unison. Naeun stood up and smiled.

 

"I’m so glad that all of you are here with me once again in the Single and Proud club." She said with an excited smile.

"As you all have realized, this has been almost our 1 year gathering, so I just wanted to go over what we all have learned so far to keep us going. Rule number one?" She asked as a lady raised her hand.

"Never be ashamed of being single." She answered as Naeun nodded and smiled.

       "Number Two?"

"A spouse is not needed because the only person you need to listen to is yourself."

      "Yes, very good. Number three?"

"Stray from those who wants to use you for the worst."

      "And what do we mean by that?" Naeun asked with a finger pointed to the man who answered.

"By this, we are referring to the animals who take advantage of us. Whether it is a woman or a man." He said proudly with a smile.

 

"Very good!" She said excitedly. "Now, who wants to answer our last rule? Rule number four?"

"Never…ever…ever date or you’re thrown out of the club." A younger woman said. Naeun smiled and nodded.

"Who can you depend on in this world?" She asked the group. "Only yourself!" They yelled confidentially.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo exited his apartment with a slam at the door, breathing heavily. He took his phone out and called his father’s phone number.

"Dad, mom’s going to that stupid Proud and Single’s Club again." He said in irritation. "What?! I thought I told you to stop her!" His father yelled.

"That’s impossible! Why won’t you come back from Paris already and bring her with you yourself? I’m busy doing my own stuff too." He said in irritation and hung up.

He fixed his suit and tie and sighed deeply. He fixed a bag he had around his shoulder and started to exit the building.

 

"Good morning Myungsoo." Said a neighbor nearby, admiring his handsome looks."Ahhh… aren’t you just getting prettier and prettier each day aunt?" He said with a huge smile.

He chuckled seeing her blush and walked into his car, gently setting his things down. He started his car and took his Bluetooth out before driving.

 

"Hello?" A man answered on the other line. "Hey Woohyun-ah, you’re going to be at the wedding right?" He asked curiously. "Of course! I got your back!" He yelled excitedly. Myungsoo heard the toilet flushing as he winced.

"YAH, you just woke up?!" Myungsoo yelled in anger. "Don’t worry I only take 5 minutes to get ready. I’ll probably get there before you do." He said and hung up. Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head, glancing into the mirror to slightly fix his hair.

"Today’s going to be a big day." He said with a huge and bright smile. Just then he received a text from Sungyeol and read it.

"Congrats." He read with a smile and fixed his tie before stopping outside a church.

 

He got out of his car and grabbed his bags gently.

"Big day today, huh?" A man said while Myungsoo walked by. "Yes!" He yelled excitedly then walked quickly into the church and into the chapel that was filled with thousands of people.

 

Someone caught up behind him as he turned around. His eyes grew wide as he noticed a reporter and a camera pointing directly at him.

"Hello, we are from the ABC channel new broadcast. Are you the photographer for Celebrity Son Tae Young and her fiancée Kwon Sang Hoon today?" The reporter asked. Myungsoo smiled and nodded, standing up taller.

"Yes, hello. I’m Kim Myungsoo, the wedding photographer for the celebrities." He answered proudly.

"Can you explain to us how you were hired?" She asked curiously. Myungsoo smiled and looked down. "Well I’m just a typical human being with great looks and recognized by my father who is President of the Photography Industry-"

"Sorry you have to go get ready." A wedding planner said, pulling Myungsoo away. "I’m sorry." She said to the reporters.

"Please! We still have more questions!" The reporter and cameraman yelled chasing after Myungsoo who looked back and gave them proud smiles.

 

 

 

Chorong's eyes widen at the television screen as she took her phone out to dial Naeun's number.

 

"Hello?" Chorong answered quickly. "Hey are you home from the club yet?" Chorong asked in a hurry. "Yes, I’m eating. What’s wrong?"

"Turn the TV on, RIGHT NOW!" She screamed as Naeun shook and turned the TV on.

 

"Behind us right now is the wedding of celebrity Kwon Sang Hoon and Son Tae Young and we have just figured out that the wedding photographer is the President of Photography Industry’s son, Kim Myungsoo."

 

The scene was cut to when Myungsoo was speaking to where he left the camera. Naeun's mouth dropped as Chorong chuckled on the other line.

 

"Him?" Naeun asked unbelievably. "Can’t believe he made it to the world…let alone the TV!" Chorong screamed in anger.

"I wonder if that jerk Woohyun is still sticking by-"

 

"I am Kim Myungsoo's best friend! Nam Woohyun! Forever and always!" Woohyun screamed in the reporter’s camera that was caught.

 

Chorong winced and sighed deeply shaking her head.

"I’m going to the spa." Chorong said in irritation before hanging up.

 

 

Naeun set her phone down and watched the wedding ceremony from the television set. She paid most of her attention to Myungsoo, looking so calm and happy with his huge camera clicking away.

"He looks better than when we were in high school." She mumbled to herself and watched as the camera zoomed in on him taking numerous pictures of the flower girls.

She tilted her head and looked him up and down from his hair to his shoes as she her drool back in and stood up quickly, turning the channel.

 

"Ahhh! What am I doing?" She said and walked to the kitchen in confusion.

 

 

 

 

 

After the wedding ceremony Myungsoo was being interviewed once more while Woohyun waited for him while talking to a few bridesmaid of the wedding.

"So, what do you do for a living?" One of the bridesmaids asked. "Ahhh me? I’m Kim Myungsoo's manager." He lied with a finger pointed at Myungsoo who was walking towards them with a bright smile. The girls melted as they laid eyes on him.

"Is he single?" One asked. "Yes." Woohyun answered with a smile. "And so am I." He said happily pointing to himself with raised eyebrows.

 

"Come on, let’s go find something to eat." Myungsoo said with a chuckle, heading towards the car. "See you ladies." Woohyun said with a peace sign, blowing them kisses and walking coolly away with a smile.

 

They both got in the car as Myungsoo sighed deeply and smiled.

"Today is probably the best day of my life! You know how many interviews I got today?! At least 12 from different news broadcasting stations and a few radio stations too!" He said excitedly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, enough of that. Now treat me to some good food." Woohyun said as Myungsoo started driving.

"You have no idea how happy I am right now." Myungsoo said shaking his head and smiling.

 

 

 

 

Naeun walked out of her apartment and sighed. "I need to clear my mind from that brick head." She said while heading back towards the club building. Her phone rang as she picked up and continued walking.

"Yes Bomi?" She answered. "Did you see the news?!" Bomi yelled on the other line loudly. "Yes! Chorong unnie already made a huge commotion about it." Naeun said with a chuckle.

"What’s up with you guys anyways? They were all history." Naeun said. "Not anymore! They’re famous now! Even that lame Nam Woohyun is famous with him." She said sadly.

"He is NOT famous. We’re the ones that are famous." Naeun joked with a laugh. "Yeah right, are you and Chorong doing anything tonight?" She asked. "I don’t know about Chorong but I’m not." She answered.

"Why? You’re going to trash my place again?" She asked with a chuckle. "No! We’re going to go shopping. My treat." She said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo and Woohyun finished eating at a fancy restaurant in the city and were about to head back home when Woohyun caught sight of the Single and Proud Club building.

He gently hit Myungsoo's shoulder and motioned his head towards the building where they saw a lady enter the building.

"What?" Myungsoo asked oddly. "Isn’t that the place that your mom is attending?" Woohyun asked curiously. Myungsoo squint his eyes at the name of the place and scowled.

"Yeah…it’s that place." He said and started walking towards it after checking the streets for cars. "Let’s go check it out." He said with a smirk.

 

 

 

Naeun closed the door to the building and set her purse down until there suddenly came a loud knock on the door. She opened it and laid eyes on the two most handsome men she had ever seen.

They looked at her with side eyes and pointed as she closed the door quickly again, shocked.

 

"What’re they doing here?! Did they recognize me?!" She whispered to herself and fixed her hair as the knocking began again.

 

"Hey miss! We know that we’re now popular because we’re on TV, but it’s okay!" Woohyun yelled. Naeun scoffed, hearing them snickering.

"Open the door miss, please." Myungsoo said.

 

"They probably don’t recognize me. They both had some sort of anemia in high school so I bet it’s worse now. They shouldn’t remember me." She said with a smile and opened the door a crack, peeking at them.

 

"Hello." Myungsoo said with a mischievous smile. "Hello? How can I help you?" She asked curiously. "May we come in?" Myungsoo asked.

They both followed Naeun to a table as they sat down comfortably.

 

"What can I do for you?" She asked curiously with her head down in hope that they wouldn’t recognize her.

"So what’s up with this whole "Single and Proud" thing?" Myungsoo asked looking around the room. Naeun smiled and sighed. "I made this club up for those who THINKS they need a partner in life to be happy when in reality, you don’t." She said with a smile.

"You’re your own happiness." She stood up and sighed while walking towards a black board to erase some stuff.

"But of course you don’t know about happiness." She said as Myungsoo looked at Woohyun oddly.

"Excuse me?" He asked standing up. "Don’t say things so lightly. You don’t know Kim Myungsoo." Woohyun said with a sarcastic chuckle.

Naeun faced the board and closed her eyes tight, gritting her teeth in regret that she almost ruined herself.

"Well, I’m just saying that…famous people…." She cursed herself in her head for calling them famous, "like you two are too busy to start a love life. So that’s why this club was made."

Myungsoo looked her up and down in suspicion with squinted eyes.

"Sorry if I offended you in any way-"

"Son… Naeun?" Myungsoo asked with a finger pointed at her. Naeun stopped talking and her jaw dropped, her eyes widened, and she almost fainted that her name just came out of Myungsoo's mouth.

"Wait…" said Woohyun looking Naeun up and down. "This is…." They both took a step back and looked her up and down some more with their fingers on their chins.

"You’re Son Naeun, huh?" Myungsoo asked with a curious look. Naeun slowly shook her head and looked down.

"I swear I remember that face clearly. The face that tried to piss me off every time in high school. The face that stole my seat in class all year long." Myungsoo said with a chuckle.

"It IS her huh!? Newbie!" Woohyun yelled with a chuckle. Naeun looked up in confusion that he actually did, in fact, remember her. Her face slowly turned into anger and snarled her nose.

"So, what if it’s me!" Naeun yelled loudly defending herself. "Why’re you guys butting into my business?!" She screamed. Myungsoo crossed his arms and shook his head.

"In the end…you’re the one leading this… club." Myungsoo said with a scoff, looking around the room. "This should be an easy task then." He said with a step towards her.

"What’re you two up to?" She asked oddly. "I need you to shut down." He said coldly. Naeun scoffed and looked up at him with a laugh.

"Why?" She questioned. Myungsoo sat down again as Woohyun followed his moves.

"Name to me all the women over 40 years of age that attends your sessions." He demanded as she crossed her arms. "Why should I do what you ask?" She asked with a scoff.

"Plus, the last person over 40 that has ever been in my club doesn’t come here anymore. She said she’s going to Paris or something the other day." She said with a shrug. Myungsoo stood up with wide eyes.

"What?! Why?" He questioned loudly taking a step towards her. "I don’t know! She said she wanted her husband back and that she wanted to quit the club. I gave her some advice of how to carry on her relationship in the future and helped her out." Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head.

"How would someone who is ‘single’ be able to give advice on anything?" He asked. Naeun scowled at him and sighed.

"Why does this even bother you?" She asked curiously. "Because she…was my mother." He answered honestly.

Naeun felt as though a frog had clogged as she stuttered and looked at Myungsoo with a blank look.

"Mom? So you ARE the little man she talks about all the time to me. I knew she looked familiar." She said with a smile and sighed with a nod.

"I was supposed to come here to get some work done, but because you have interrupted me, pay up and leave." She said while putting her coat and scarf on.

"Pay for what?" Woohyun asked with wide eyes. "For interrupting my work!" Naeun yelled loudly with her hands out.

Myungsoo walked towards her hand out and grabbed it with his as he dragged her out of the building, holding her hand tightly.

"Kim Myungsoo!" Woohyun yelled loudly in confusion.

 

"Hey! What’re you doing!?" She screamed as he took her to his car and pushed her into the passenger seat. Woohyun sighed watching and took a deep breath.

 

 

A/N: Sorry the first chapter is sooo long!!

I couldn't shorten it. All the paragraphs are needed... I hope it's not so boring so far...

Please subscribe if you haven't already and leave a comment to let me know how it's going for you okay? Thanks for taking the time to reading this story and chapter!

SARANGHAE YEROBUN!!!!!!