9

Worlds Collide

 

Kris stepped in the yearly Xi Empire party, he was clad in classic Versace tuxedo and silver cufflinks. Ladies turned as he passed and sent him looks. Kris just looked around and found Tao chatting with some of the Xi directors.

“Luhan and Lay?” He inquired as Tao excused himself.

“Not yet here, ge. Jungah too.”

Kris nodded, then they heard someone talk on the microphone.

It was Chairman Xi, the Xi elder.

“This time, finally my granddaughter has chosen to come back.”

“It’s going to be a public announcement.” Tao mused.

Kris shook his head.

“She won’t like this.” Kris murmured.

“Xi Feilin, the only girl in our family has come back!” Chairman Xi proudly announced, then Jungah walked in the place with Lay and Luhan. She looked like she wanted a hole to swallow her right on the spot. The guests all turned to her direction and clapped.

 

“Should have told me earlier.” Jungah said through gritted teeth. Lay bit back his chuckled while Luhan smiled at his sister.

“If we did, you would take off.”

“Exactly, Luhan.”

Lay rolled his eyes at her, then the walked her to Agung.

Agung smiled at her and pointed towards the microphone. Jungah groaned inwardly and stepped towards the device.

“Hello, I’m Xi Feilin, thank you for coming to my grandfather’s party and please enjoy yourselves.”

 

“Very short and precise, typical Jungah.” Lay mused as she walked to them. Jungah stuck her tongue out at him then she looked at Tao.

“Didi, your car will be delivered next week, you just have call the customs office.” She nodded.

Luhan, Kris and Lay turned to her.

“The Bugatti?” Lay asked.

Jungah nodded.

“He was on the waiting list.” Kris said.

“I know, but I know the company who imports the cars here, then I called someone outside.” She shrugged.

“Daehyun?” Luhan asked. Jungah nodded.

“Thanks, jie. You’re the best.” Tao grinned at her.

“Sure-”

“You’re Feilin, right?” A young man walked to them, he was wearing an all black suit.

“Yes, and you are?” Jungah countered.

“I’m Han Seungwoo, can I get you a drink, Miss Xi?” He smiled at her. Luhan and Lay looked away, they both knew what would happen.

“I don’t drink, mister Han, I’m sorry.” Jungah shook her head.

“Then maybe juice, Feilin?”

She glanced at the guy and tilted her head.

“What do you think about the latest release of the Toyota Scion?”

“Y—yes?” The man blinked at her.

“If you want to start a conversation, don’t offer a drink. It seems a little unethical.” She nodded and patted his shoulder.

“I was talking to someone, but you in.”

“Miss Xi-”

“I still have to speak with him.” She gestured to Tao.

 

“How can you be so cold hearted, mei?” Luhan sighed as he wrapped one arm around his sister. Jungah grinned as they walked towards the dessert table.

“It was disrespectful, ge. You don’t cut people when they talk.” She made a face, Luhan smiled proudly and pinched her cheek.

“Aigoo, you’re growing up.”

Jungah cringed and swatted his hand away. Then they both stopped as they noticed Agung standing before them and a very familiar man was standing behind him.

“You’ve met Seungwoo, right?”

Jungah nodded and glanced at the Han Seungwoo.

Luhan’s brows rose and stepped in front of his sister.

“Agung, Jungah was just-”

“I know, Luhan. We all know how Jungah is, but this man,” He motioned for Seungwoo to step forward.

 

“…is going to be your brother-in-law.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++