52

Worlds Collide

 

 

Jungah shut the door behind her. She was already inside her condo, she tossed her bag on the couch and padded towards the kitchen.

“Yin wei, wo xihuan ni!”

She flinched slightly and leaned on the counter as she drank a glass of water.

She had no idea what to say to that.

She didn’t what to reply to Kris.

She shook her head as she walked towards the bathroom to shower.

 

Kris leaned back on his chair.

He slipped. He had no idea why those words just went out from his mouth.

He had a feeling things would change now. His frown deepened as he remembered the talk with Chanyeol and the others.

He still had to help Jungah.

 

Jungah was clad in body con sleevleess dress and loose sweater as she closed the door to her condo unit behind her.

“Ma, I don’t have time for this.”

“…..No, I don’t need…Wei shenme?”

She turned and saw Kris closing his door while talking on the phone, Jungah froze for a moment but then she shrugged the awkward feeling away.

“I don’t want to meet her, okay? Ma, please, I’m busy-” Clearly, the line went dead, Kris sighed and put his phone in his pocket, Jungah leaned on the wall and looked at him.

Kris turned and stopped.

“Jungah.” He blurted. She nodded and smiled.

“Ni….You, don’t look so well, Wu Yifan.” She said playfully. Kris blinked.

“Don’t tell me,” Jungah pushed herself off the wall with a smile.

“Your mom arranged a blind date for you?” She chuckled.

Kris narrowed his eyes at her.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you.” She nodded.

Kris just stared at her, he had no idea what was running in Jungah’s mind.

“Look, I’m giving you three seconds to decide,”

“One, two, th-”

“Why are you doing this? Last night, I-”

“Don’t start with that, I’m trying to return a favor now. Cant we just be Kris and Jungah right now?” She asked.

Kris smiled and looked away.

“Fine, let’s go.”

 

Kris pulled over right in front of three-floor pastry shop. Jungah made a face at the pink colored building.

“Well, go on in, I’ll be following-”

“What are you planning?” Kris looked at her.

“Just act along with me later, tower.”

Kris narrowed his eyes at her before opening the door, then he finally went out. Jungah smiled then she heard her phone ring inside her purse. She fished out the device and stared at the screen.

LUHAN

She shook her head and tossed her phone back in her bag.

 

Kris shifted uncomfortably as he sat down. The young lady before him was wearing an over the top lace dress that showed too much of her chest.

“Your mother also forced you into this, right?” The girl smiled at her.

Kris nodded.

“I’m Choi Jinhee, nice to meet you, Kris-ssi.” She beamed at him as she leaned down and offered her hand, Kris nodded and shook her hand.

“The rumors are true, you really are good looking.” She chuckled and let go of his hand, then she crossed her legs. Kris looked away.

“I have to be frank, Jinhee-ssi, I never approved of this kind of meeting but-”

“I know, that’s why I have to make you like me-”

The girl paused as she saw Jungah step in the place, then Jungah turned to them.

“Isn’t that-”

“Did you wait long?” Jungah mused as she bent down behind Kris and wrapped her arms around his neck loosely. Kris froze.

Jinhee’s eyes widened at her.

“Excuse me, but do you know her, Kris-ssi?” She asked in an icy tone. Jungah smiled at her and stood up, her hand squeezing Kris’s shoulder gently.

 

 

“Is there a reason he shouldn’t?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++